As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BF4] 100% of servers now running 24/7 Meatro. We've come full circle.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    The moment they announced it I knew it was bad news, you can't just cater to every suggestion out there, because bad things like this happen.

I don't think the movement needed any tweaks at all.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    What did they do to movement?

Basically the whole "headglitching" thing and how there is one animation where if you shoot a guy with only his head exposed the model flinches and the head moves so you can't shoot it again was an issue. Also there was some really sloppy work on crouching behind cover and how it pretty much never rendered/registered on the other end of the guy who was shooting you.

So what they did was cut a bunch of animations and speed up the time that the crouch was registered on the other end, what that did was cause some serious wonk when you are shooting at someone who is moving/strafing. It's the CTE and they're just testing it so it isn't that big of a deal.

Oh and "Classic mode" is coming to the CTE in the next few patches.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Please make classic mode be no health regen and empty mags on reload.

That'd be great.

• Options
    Veo9o3D.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    Nope.jpg

• Options
    GutterkisserGutterkisser Registered User regular
    I still maintain the comma rose would benefit from a simple "Why?", considering how often it begs to be asked of random teammates.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I feel DICE LA should just put in all the CTE easter eggs into the retail.

http://www.gfycat.com/ColorfulImperturbableBedlingtonterrier#

This is a headshot indicator, also a place holder till proper effect (blood splatter) is created.

iRevert on
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    I saw where they are also reducing bullet damage for all weapons except for the sniper rifles and handguns due to the increased lethality of the "normal" weapons as of late. To be honest, I'm okay with this.

253J736.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So you can now use any gadget [class] on any [weapon] class you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GujXel-X2w&feature=youtu.be&a

This means I now can run engineer and throw my own ammo boxes to myself to refill my sraw/stinger/javelin and sit back and do fuckall all game.

iRevert on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    if they do that, than what is the point of classes?

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    This is a glitch/bug it is not something being added to the CTE, this is a bug that exists right now.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Please make classic mode be no health regen and empty mags on reload.

That'd be great.

There used to be 2-3 classic mode servers, and they were fairly populated, but I guess with the mass exodus when the game was in a shitty state, people stopped playing, because they aren't there anymore :(

I really liked them, they also had squad leader-only spawn.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    So what, I can't buy individual DLC? I have to buy premium even though most of the previous DLC's maps and modes are no doubt barely being played by now?

Awesome

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    So what, I can't buy individual DLC? I have to buy premium even though most of the previous DLC's maps and modes are no doubt barely being played by now?

Awesome

Wut?

What platform are you on? I can get them individually on xb1...

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Euphoriac wrote: »

Awesome

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/browse/expansion/battlefield

• Options
  • Options
    Yay, they're currently testing a Classic preset setting on CTE, should show up soon on regular I hope.

• Options
    I really like the idea of limiting spawns to squad leaders and recon beacons. They should make that part of the standard CFG.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    New in the CTE.....Minimap now orientates to the north

Also v1 damage chart for the CTE weapon tweaks:
    Dy5Ehsi.png

Keep in mind that is the first "attempt" and they will be tweaked and changed as things go in the CTE.

iRevert on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I really like the idea of limiting spawns to squad leaders and recon beacons. They should make that part of the standard CFG.

I would really love to see this in the base game, but limited spawn locations basically requires pubbies to be careful squad leaders or place their damn beacons in useful places. You could maybe get that happening if you increased the squad spawn bonus (or just in more team-based servers and game variants) but I'm getting really pessimistic over how much XP rewards actually get players to put useful play over personal gratification.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Yay, they're currently testing a Classic preset setting on CTE, should show up soon on regular I hope.

You mean all the HUD stuff and mechanics are present, but with friendly fire active too? No 2D-auto-audio spotting? More? What does this *classic* preset entail exactly?

Such a thing on live servers would be a dream come true. I so miss having to play mindfully with vehicles and explosives.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/battlefest-community-mission-3-make-40mm-resupplies/

the latest battlefest mission is for 40 million resupplies in roughly 7 days. As of this posting, the total is already at 5.7 million in just over 5 hours. Yeah, I don't think this one will be a problem either. I wonder if the mission will be completed today.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    WolveSight wrote: »
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/battlefest-community-mission-3-make-40mm-resupplies/

the latest battlefest mission is for 40 million resupplies in roughly 7 days. As of this posting, the total is already at 5.7 million in just over 5 hours. Yeah, I don't think this one will be a problem either. I wonder if the mission will be completed today.

24/7 meatrocker boosting servers here we go.

• Options
    CTE info on what's being worked on and what's being shit out in the next patch:
    READY
    - 3p head flinching improvements
    - Base map Rush improvements first pass (all maps but dawnbreaker ready, new cover slightly tweaked ruleset)
    - Network visualization overlay (think frameoverlay)
    - Visual recoil dampening tuning
    - High freqency bubble automation
    - Squad Join improvements (non CTE)
    - AUTO network frequency bubble settings
    - Netcode damage application tweaks
    - Revive 2.0 (triage, bugfixes)
    - 3P player crouch fixes (faster)

IN PROGRESS
    - UI/HUD improvements
    - Suppression tuning pass
    - Obliteration Competitive improvements
    - RUSH improvements (per map & general)
    - A bunch of improvements (top user issues etc)
    - Server degradation
    - Full Weapon balance pass
    - Full Vehicle balance pass
    - Soldier movement tweaks (improve direct control)
    - Soldier movement: getting stuck in "snags"
    - Hardline-inspired READY preround state/deploy screen
    - Validate player kit on deploy
    - Map fixes/art fixes (collision issues)
    - FrameHistoryTime value changes
    - "dusting" and "blood-dusting" fixes (sync with server side tick)
    - UI declutter of HUD
    - Health and damage incoming fixes

EXPERIMENTAL & CTE TESTS
    These probably won't be released, atleast not in this form - we might test them on the CTE though:
    - Vehicle physics improvements

PLANNED
    N/A atm (lots planned, but for next initiative - focus on core gameplay now)

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    There have definitely been some odd things in this version of Battlefield I'll never understand why they changed it.

I am waiting for the premium price to go down a bit before I jump back in. I've been exploring some other summer sale games, but the one thing they got so right in this game, for me, was the water maps. I'm hoping the Naval Strike stuff is as good as when this first came out and I spent all my time in an assault boat hoping the hurricane would come in.

My all time favorite has been BF 2142 so things like spawn on squad leader are right up my alley!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Satsumomo wrote: »

You mean all the HUD stuff and mechanics are present, but with friendly fire active too? No 2D-auto-audio spotting? More? What does this *classic* preset entail exactly?

Such a thing on live servers would be a dream come true. I so miss having to play mindfully with vehicles and explosives.

I too also enjoy FF on very much, feels much more immersive to me! It hasn't been confirmed exactly what settings will be in there, but I believe FF will definitely make a come back.

I personally enjoy these settings:

- No 3D spotting
    - No health regen
    - 100% health
    - FF on
    - Squad leader only spawn
    - Mag pool instead of ammo pool

I do not like the No-killcam though, which seems to be the default for Classic. I hope not.

SL spawn only to me is a great mechanic, it slows down the pace of the game without having to go with higher TTK.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    @digitalsyn what happened to the teamspeak

• Options
    DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    Shogun wrote: »

@Shogun‌ TeamSpeak is up... If you had your bookmark via IP that is likely why it broke. I moved to a different physical server, and datacenter so the IP changed. For the host just put finalack.com .

If that doesn't get it working, give me the error you are getting.

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    DigitalSyn wrote: »
    Shogun wrote: »

@Shogun‌ TeamSpeak is up... If you had your bookmark via IP that is likely why it broke. I moved to a different physical server, and datacenter so the IP changed. For the host just put finalack.com .

If that doesn't get it working, give me the error you are getting.

<3

• Options
    edited July 2014
    For anyone looking for Premium to go on discount, it is now 20% off and at 39.99.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    CTE patch notes for the latest patch:

PATCH CHANGES
    This is what is included in this patch:

Fix for squad spawning under terrain
    Visual Recoil Improvements
    New red sights for the red parts (more glowing better against bright lights/sun).
    Fixed reported issues for AEK, PK-S and Compact sights, Glock18, M39EBR and USAS-12 (thank you, and please report more issues if you see them!)
    High Frequency Bubble AUTO option improvements
    Allow high frequency update on Gen3 (Xbox 360 & PS3).
    Added additional logging for frequencies used.
    Added server side clamping of value if bandwidth gets congested (also shows as new color on the NetworkPerfOverlay).
    Much faster reaction to changing network connections and bandwidths.
    Server Degradation
    Fix for memory leak believed to cause server degradation over time.
    Lancang Dam: Enabled levolution sounds for late joiners
    Commander fixes
    Handled edge case where commander assets never get activated for team if it is under proxy attack.
    Handle edge case in commander where someone is trying to re-enable an action when it is in cooldown state.
    Already unlocked assignments will no longer show up in end of round screen
    Updated Headshot blood FX
    No more POW! – first pass
    Added option for choosing the minimap default scale (Auto, 50m, 100m, 150m)
    Operation Metro 2014 Fixes
    Added blocking volumes to stop players exploiting outside play areas
    Integrated 5 crash fixes from Hardline (all platforms, PC)
    Vehicle spawn timers now work as intended and start counting when the game starts
    Preround Ready-state added to Conquest Large (Initial testing)
    First pass at a ready state inspired by the Hardline dito. First rough draft (not final UI). Let us know about issues you find!
    Known issues:
    Teams are shown with T1 and T2. Should show abbreviated faction names with correct colors.
    Switching teams during the ready state will not update the minimum needed player counts.
    Only Conquest supported right now.
    Soldier Movement
    Toned down regular movement acceleration a couple of notches more, left sprint acceleration as is.

GAME MODES
    Goal: Improve selected gamemodes to deliver the intent and playstyle envisioned for the gamemode in question

Obliteration
    Changed bomb animation so it fades out when bomb stops moving.
    Bomb now resets when bomb carrier is spotted or shoots their gun.
    Fix for issue where bomb wouldn’t move after entering vehicle.
    Normal Obliteration bomb update is every 3s.
    Competitive Obliteration bomb update is every 8s.
    Obliteration Competitive
    Compressed play spaces.
    Dawnbreaker: Disabled elevators
    Disabled levolution.

CTF
    CTF now gives the win to the team with the most points regardless of flag captures

Carrier Assault
    Disabled in carrier spawns for attacking team.
    Only parachute spawns are open both stages.

BULLET COLLISION CLEANUP
    We now have a new effort where we look at the worst object in the game when it comes to bullet collision – and fix them. Much thanks to this thread: Open Forum thread by Zoutepoel - Thank you!

Collision fixes in this update:

Lumphini Garden Fixes
    Glitch fixed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKinYHR2cMI)
    Improved collision of shed building.
    Fix for glitch in wall near D.
    Fix this object (http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ta37np&s=8#.U9b29rEQ470)
    Affected levels: Zavod 311, Nansha Strike

DICE <3 RUSH
    To focus testing, for this update we are removing some maps from rotation to get feedback on the latest updated.

PARACEL STORM – CTE PREMIERE
    Slightly edited MCOM placements 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 4A, 4B.
    Edited spawns (defender paradrops at base 1 for example).
    Edited emplaced weapons.
    Added some cover at base 2.
    Added cover and light pre-destruction at base 4.
    Edited destruction mask around new cover.
    1xTransport helicopter, 1xLTV, 1xRHIB, 1xMBT on all bases

Vehicle Changes – Attackers
    Removed scout helicopter from later bases.
    Removed one RHIB at base 1.
    Replaced one PWC with an AAV on PC and Gen4 on base 1 & 2. This also means that that PWC is gone for Gen3.
    Transport helo no longer allowed outside of normal combat area.
    Transport helo spawn disabled on base 3 and 4.
    Forced respawn delay on RHIBs to 20s (Rush rules respawn delay x1.5 = 30 seconds)

Vehicle Changes – Defenders

Added two PWC and a RHIB for defenders on base 1.

HAINAN RESORT – UPDATE

**KNOWN ISSUE: Minimap not showing correct info at the attacker starting carrier and the new beach. Needs updating
    Edited terrain and added rock cover at base 1 to provide another flanking route for attackers
    Edited combat area for attackers and defenders around base 1
    Rotated and moved carrier for attackers on base 1 (including all spawns)
    Added AAV for attackers on PC and Gen4 at base 1
    Removed scout helo
    Added 2 attacker RHIBs to base 2 (will not exceed max allowed of type)
    Added 1 attacker RHIB to base 3 (will not exceed max allowed of type)
    Removed emplaced weapons at base 2, 3 and 4
    Moved MCOM 4A and 4B
    Edited cover around MCOM 4A and 4B

iRevert on
  • Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    When I read "bullet collision," it makes me think of two bullets colliding in mid-air.

The game doesn't actually try to adjudicate that, right? It's talking about bullets colliding with non-bullets?

• Options
    They're talking about the dumb areas where you have a clear line of sight, but your bullets hit an invisible wall. They're concentrating on fixing all those areas.

• Options
    When I read "bullet collision," it makes me think of two bullets colliding in mid-air.

The game doesn't actually try to adjudicate that, right? It's talking about bullets colliding with non-bullets?

Its all those stupid corners that you have a clear line of sight on someone but your bullets impact an invisible wall two inches away from your face.

• Options
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So guys, get this. There are these things for your video card called drivers, right? So it turns out mine were from 2012. I updated mine and hoooooooly shit. The improvement is incredible. I can play on medium/high now instead of low/low slideshow!

Short version: I'm back to shooting mans on the battlefield!

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options