Options

This was the Last PS4 Thread

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    The thing that bugs me with Bungie's statement is that it will be September 9th in Australia first. So Does that mean that onces it's midnight in Austrilia, the game unlocks for everyone in the world? So people who bought the digital copy will be able to play?

i think it means that once it hits midnight in Australia retailers(both brick and mortar, and digital) everywhere are free to sell/unlock the game. basically the servers will be up everywhere, so if you can get a copy you're free to play as long as its the 9th somewhere.

whether stores well/unlock the game at that time will probably vary. not sure how it'll play out with stores like amazon. whether they will ship so that you can play as soon as or so that the game arrives on the 9th where you are.

So if you buy from the Ps store, it will only be "released/playable" at midnight local time. The servers will be up, but PSN won't unlock the game until local midnight time is what I understand.

No, PSN says 'midnight PDT.' so, 3am EST. (Unless they update, or bungie clarifies.) which they seem to hate doing in any capacity. I thought this would be based on GMT, so I assumed 8pm the 8th EST it will be open.

Edit: the dateline is on somoa so its more like 8am on the 8th. But so far bungie is 'we dont control PSN so ask them' and psn goes 'lol we told you the release time already'. Wonder if I can get a refund and go get a physical copy instead.

If true, I guess that means no playtime for me until the 9th at night (unless I cought this weird sickness that only happens on rare occassion and skip work).

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    MattitudeMattitude Paste Pot Pete Kicking The BucketRegistered User regular
    I have friend requested my fellow EUers, and also everyone with a streaming account so I can live through experiences vicariously.

Thank you whose who have accepted.

I got this Tumblr and I don't know how to use it.
    Decide on the next line by the rhyme when I choose it.
    Also I put songs on YouTube
    The musings of this lonely rube.

I made a thread once. It didn't end well for me.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Alright, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the whole point to pre-loading was that it would unlock at midnight

Why, then, is it showing that my copy of First Light won't be playable until Tuesday at 1 PM?

It is plain weird to me how much Sony keeps botching this pre-loading thing with their own games

They should be the ones getting it right!

The Playstation Store has never updated until Tuesday afternoons

They don't have to update the Store, just set it to unlock

Rogue Legacy unlocked at midnight even though the Store update didn't occur till Tuesday afternoon

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Apparently they're not the ones, just taken credit. The real guy released Lizard Squad's IPs, and he did it to expose vulnerability. Well. Cool. >.>

So, is this guy bitchy that he can't get a job or something?

Also, there is this:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/08/24/sony-online-entertainment-presidents-flight-diverted-by-psn-hackers-bomb-threat/

Guys, don't make Sony, Blizzard, and the FBI angry.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Looks like the easiest way to get my PS4 audio into my PC is going to be a DAC, something like http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Optical-Analog-audio-converter/dp/B004C4WPXA/
    However, that thing is dirt cheap and probably not going to have the best audio quality. Or, since it's going to my PC after that, will that matter? This is unknown territory for me and DACs appear to range in price from 10 dollars to hundreds of dollars. Any recommendations?

No idea if this works or not, but hell, this guy is saying you can use a USB DAC, so theoretically I pop it into a USB port, run a 3.5mm line in cable from it to my PC and i'd be golden?
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/69310423

I guess I can just use the mono headphone in the controller for voice chat and throw that in my ear inside my sennheisers when I do multi.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So, where are all the reviews for First Light?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

Silly Drez doesn't understand Sony are better at hardware than Microsoft or Nintendo. :P

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Yeah I'm waiting on reviews of First Light as well. What bugs me is that I CANNOT find the NHL 15 demo on the store even if it was supposed to be released yesterday...

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Looks like the easiest way to get my PS4 audio into my PC is going to be a DAC, something like http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Optical-Analog-audio-converter/dp/B004C4WPXA/
    However, that thing is dirt cheap and probably not going to have the best audio quality. Or, since it's going to my PC after that, will that matter? This is unknown territory for me and DACs appear to range in price from 10 dollars to hundreds of dollars. Any recommendations?

No idea if this works or not, but hell, this guy is saying you can use a USB DAC, so theoretically I pop it into a USB port, run a 3.5mm line in cable from it to my PC and i'd be golden?

I guess I can just use the mono headphone in the controller for voice chat and throw that in my ear inside my sennheisers when I do multi.

The cheapest option would probably be to run a 3.5mm male to male cable from the controller to a line-in port on your PC as you can set the console to output game audio to the controller as well as voice chat. But being tethered with that wire might not be the most practical solution. You'd need a Y adapter on top of that if you wanted voice support too.

The HDMI in on your monitor doesn't support audio I assume?

Other than that you'd be looking at using a supported DAC or USB soundcard from the PS4 to your PC, or a soundcard in your PC that supports optical in.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Leaving dat PS4 on standby, gonna play First Light when I get home.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm waiting on reviews of First Light as well. What bugs me is that I CANNOT find the NHL 15 demo on the store even if it was supposed to be released yesterday...

The Drop isn't "stuff that's available right now". It's stuff that's coming that week (typically in the Tuesday update).

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Leaving dat PS4 on standby, gonna play First Light when I get home.

I leave mine on Standby 100% of the time I am not gaming on it. It's been like this since I have it. There are no issues to leave it on standby all the time (I think it should be the default option when closing the PS4) Way too nice to be able during the day to look something on your phone, starts the download and get home and everything is there waiting for you.

People should not be worries about leaving it in standby mode. I work in IT and we leave computer on 24 hours a day for years without issue. My computer at home is almost always on and in 5 years nothing ever broke in it. Standby mode is a nice feature on the PS4.

• Options
    KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    Yep, I permanently leave my PS4 in standby mode if I'm not using it. I can't think of a reason not to.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I don't leave my PS4 in standby because it says not to unplug it while in standby. Where I live in Florida, the power goes out if it even starts lightly drizzling outside. And it rains a lot...

Also, it's apparently an energy hog while in standby.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I just like to leave my home consoles off at all times.

The PS4's standby supposedly uses less than $10 of power a year if you leave it on standby at all times, so it's not that big of a deal.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I don't leave my PS4 in standby because it says not to unplug it while in standby. Where I live in Florida, the power goes out if it even starts lightly drizzling outside. And it rains a lot...

Also, it's apparently an energy hog while in standby.

3 watts for the PS4 in standby mode or 8.5watts if you select the option to be able to charge stuff through USB.

PS4 while playing a game will use in average 137 watts. I say it's not a "energy hog" in Standby.

source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/05/20/nearly-half-of-xbox-one-and-ps4-power-consumption-occurs-in-standby/

It's not nothing, but I'd say its far from being an energy hog. Again, we all have differnet energy cost. Here where I live, Electricity is cheap. To me paying 5$ more a year to leave my PS4 in standby mode is insignificant. It might not be the case for everyone.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

So for my HTPC which has a 5.1 for our sound system in the living room, I bought a soundcard that had optical in(and my tv had optical out, so all inputs to the tv fedback into the htpc for sound, including the ps4). Best $50 I ever spent. you can get similar cards for like 35-100 (to stupid expensive for stuff you dont need). It's a digital connection so as long as the card is supported by your pc you are good to go. Razer makes an AC-1 barracuda and you can find them refurb on woot every so often(although rarer). PS4 sound will be ok, but if you do similar to me with the TV, broadcast 5.1 can get fucked if you dont have the right decoding stuff on the card. It gets more complicated.

Depends on if you are comfortable installing a PCI card in your machine and if you want to mess with dealing with new hardware.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Kryhs wrote: »
    Yep, I permanently leave my PS4 in standby mode if I'm not using it. I can't think of a reason not to.

Because it gets crazy hot and wastes energy.

People should not be worries about leaving it in standby mode. I work in IT and we leave computer on 24 hours a day for years without issue.

I manage all the PCs in an office and we do the same and the things fail constantly. It probably doesn't really make a difference but I'd rather turn my stuff off.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Magic Pink wrote: »

People should not be worries about leaving it in standby mode. I work in IT and we leave computer on 24 hours a day for years without issue.

I manage all the PCs in an office and we do the same and the things fail constantly. It probably doesn't really make a difference but I'd rather turn my stuff off.
    Erm, it gets crazy hot? Mine is cool to the touch in standby mode. :-P Maybe I have better airflow surrounding mine or something. Or everything in California is so hot during the summer that it doesn't feel hot by comparison.

I mean, it's cool enough that my cat elects NOT to sit on it, preferring a warmer place to snooze. Or maybe my cat sits on it when I'm at the office, not sure.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Erm, it gets crazy hot? Mine is cool to the touch in standby mode. :-P Maybe I have better airflow surrounding mine or something. Or everything in California is so hot during the summer that it doesn't feel hot by comparison.
    yeah i'm confused by this as well

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Oh man, are we going to post images of Infamous First Light? Because it has an image mode just like Second Son.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

I mean, it's cool enough that my cat elects NOT to sit on it, preferring a warmer place to snooze. Or maybe my cat sits on it when I'm at the office, not sure.

Cat totally does. Probably plays your account online and ruins your KTD ratio too.

I live in a pretty sweltery summer area and I don't have air conditioning. The less time my electronics are spent on, the better for them. Plus, with frequent thunderstorms and living in an old building; I'd rather not lose everything because the power cuts out during an update.

But yeah, mine is pretty dang warm in Standby mode. Not HOT by any means but "dnag that's warm" when I touch it.

Magic Pink on
  • Options

Mine is very cool when it standby mode, in fact, Withing a termal meter, No one from touching it could make a difference if it's in standby more or powered of if it wasn't from the light on the the top. I get that you live in a warm environement but still, if it gets "crazy" hot in standby mode, maybe something is wrong with it or you need to place your PS4 in an area where there is actual airflow going around it. Granted mine is in my HDTV furniture that doesn't have back and sides so it's pretty well ventilated.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Mine's on a table. There's nothing else within 3 feet of it.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Mine's on a table. There's nothing else within 3 feet of it.

Well then it most definitely should not be getting hot in standby mode.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Hell, it should only really be getting warm when playing games.

• Options
    Well, it is. If you wanna come talk to it, feel free. It's powerful rebellious.

• Options
    Magic, just make sure you don't break it before Destiny starts.

• Options
    Any excitement I had for Destiny has been stolen away by Garden Warfare!

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Oooh, I hope that means you aren't getting Destiny any time soon. I may have... cancelled my preorder.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Oooh, I hope that means you aren't getting Destiny any time soon. I may have... cancelled my preorder.

D:

I haven't. But Garden Warfare sure is fun. But I guarantee I'll be playing Destiny crazy slowly.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    My PS4 tends to jam and brick 1/10 times I leave it in standby, across 2 seperate units I've had. I assume it's something to do with power fluctuations or... eh. Since I've taken to turning it off all the time, it's not jammed once. :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular

I did too. I think I pre-ordered for the beta access, which I loved, but the game is going to be 30 bucks somewhere in a month so I'm just going to wait.

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »

I did too. I think I pre-ordered for the beta access, which I loved, but the game is going to be 30 bucks somewhere in a month so I'm just going to wait.
    I cancelled mine as well until I get a clearer picture of how much game there is without retreading the same area. I want to believe that Bungie has maintained their quality, but man four planets total, and they were already retreading ground quite a bit in what we saw of the earth level...eeesh, it's REALLY feeling like Bungie's Dragon Age 2. I hope I'm wrong, though.

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    So Finished First Light, It was...Pretty good. It's a shame they have reused quite a lot from the Second Son in terms of Fetch's abilities.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Darlan wrote: »
    Allforce wrote: »

I cancelled mine as well until I get a clearer picture of how much game there is without retreading the same area. I want to believe that Bungie has maintained their quality, but man four planets total, and they were already retreading ground quite a bit in what we saw of the earth level...eeesh, it's REALLY feeling like Bungie's Dragon Age 2. I hope I'm wrong, though.

This is the craziest thing I've ever read.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Got my pair of Gold headsets in the mail. These are comfy. Also I'm pretty sure there are people talking in the background of the PS4 home screen. There is this chatter if you listen real carefully.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    So, does anyone know if there's an XP bonus in D3: Ultimate Evil for being part of a couch co-op (or any co-op, i guess) and not being the host? Cause my wife and I both started our game together at the same level (2), and by the time I was level 10 she was nearly level 12. She also seemed to get more rares than me, but RNG is RNG in that case.

Just wondering if we need to swap back and forth between whose hosting games, or if there was something else going on that I can turn off maybe.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Got my pair of Gold headsets in the mail. These are comfy. Also I'm pretty sure there are people talking in the background of the PS4 home screen. There is this chatter if you listen real carefully.

Nah, that's just the whispers of the Dark Gods as they try to corrupt your soul.

This discussion has been closed.