As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This was the Last PS4 Thread

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Do we have a place we can post our PSN names so we can friend each other and whatnot? I don't want to flood the last page or two with PSN IDs.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Yeah this is the sad thing about the death of the thread, I'm not sure I have everyone on my friends list yet.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    There's a link to a friend list on the first page of the PSN thread.

• Options
    Is it up-to-date?

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    If no-one does it before me, I'll have a go at merging the list on page 1 from here with the list on the PSN thread. I'll save it as a different google document just so I don't cock up the existing one.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    *sniff*

I miss this thread already.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I think my PS4 is dying along with this thread. My disc drive is super loud. I hope Sony's warranty service doesn't try to fuck me too hard.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Well, what better time to post this than now that the PS4 thread is gonna be discontinued: I'm gonna get a PS4 today! With Destiny in fact. In addition to that I'm looking at KZ:SF and Infamous: Second Son.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Skip Shadowfall.

Get Wolfenstein.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Shadowfall is the worst Killzone game ever, don't touch it.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    If no-one does it before me, I'll have a go at merging the list on page 1 from here with the list on the PSN thread. I'll save it as a different google document just so I don't cock up the existing one.

That'll be a pretty easy job seeing as it's the exact same list. I started using it for both the PSN and Vita thread months ago. :P Though I am thinking of migrating the entire thing over to a new document once this thread dies off.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

That'll be a pretty easy job seeing as it's the exact same list. I started using it for both the PSN and Vita thread months ago. :P Though I am thinking of migrating the entire thing over to a new document once this thread dies off.

Shush, now I can't claim the credit!

Before this thread vanishes I'd just like to say:

2496797-trico01.jpg
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-13-its-time-for-your-latest-update-on-the-last-guardian-again

I still believe.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    God dammit, we're not gonna get The Last Guardian, ever. The game's as dead as the griffin, or maybe the boy, would be at the end of the game if it ever actually came out.

Stop reopening my festering wound... :(

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Gta v November 17th on PS4 and Xbox One. Way too far off on PC. So conflicted. Really want the PC version but it'll likely run horribly for me plus it releases waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the line. Like 2 WHOLE months. That's forever!

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    I said it before E3 this year and I'll stick with it: E3 2015.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Gta v November 17th on PS4 and Xbox One. Way too far off on PC. So conflicted. Really want the PC version but it'll likely run horribly for me plus it releases waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the line. Like 2 WHOLE months. That's forever!

I won't buy GTAV in November. I might not buy it again at all, since I already played it to death on PS3

HOWEVER

If the Undead Nightmare style DLC rumors are true for GTAV, instant purchase.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    also everyone buy Garden Warfare

best multiplayer shooter ever released

• Options
    RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    I think Garden Warfare is going to have a short lifetime on the PS4. No hype leftover from the timed exclusive launch plus going up against Destiny and the annual fall shooter release doesn't seem like it will have legs.

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Rhiley wrote: »
    I think Garden Warfare is going to have a short lifetime on the PS4. No hype leftover from the timed exclusive launch plus going up against Destiny and the annual fall shooter release doesn't seem like it will have legs.

I have no problem finding full challenging matches. The fact the game is just really good is all it needs.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I had fun with Garden Warfare, but I feel like it's sort of missing something. I'm not sure what it is. It is more feature-complete now than ever before, so it isn't the content. I do feel like it is more grindy than CoD, in terms of unlocks.

EDIT: Yeah, and the player population is great. Games are almost always full of people in all of the game modes, so don't let the perception of "I won't find any multiplayer games" stop you from playing.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    The thing that sucks is that people learned how to play it! My Chomper is less effective than when the game was still relatively new on PS4 ;P

• Options
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    TGS stream schedule: http://gematsu.com/2014/09/tokyo-game-show-2014-live-stream-schedule

I thought it was this weekend.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Wild looks very interesting. It keeps shifting between what looks like Afrika to being some kind of caveman survival game to being some kind of fantasy game.

I would like to know more.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    God I want a PS4 release of Afrika.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I really like my new white controller. It is the dad controller. When my kids play with me, they use the non-dad controllers.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Man,

I really wish the White PS4 Bundle came with D3 UEE. I played 3 hours of Destiny, realized that it's paper thin, and went to the store and got D3.....for the 3rd goddamn time. I swear to god, if I buy D3 again for the Xbone, I'm gonna be pissed.

To add insult to injury, I can't even trade in Destiny for D3. So now I'm stuck with it or I can try offloading it on Craigslist.

Oh well, at least I have a small backlog of games for PS4 thanks to PS+ which should keep me busy until Bayonetta 2 is released.

• Options
    Er.. Isn't D3 pretty much the exact same formula as Destiny?

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    D3 is much better paced and have a much bigger sense of urgency. Destiny just..... Seems like it's bored. Even your robot buddy sounds bored.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Destiny is paper thin? It's a shooter. With other people shooting along with you. At things. How much more do you need? ;)

• Options
    D3 is much better paced and have a much bigger sense of urgency. Destiny just..... Seems like it's bored. Even your robot buddy sounds bored.

Urgency? What? I mean, I love D3, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

• Options
    InkSplat wrote: »

Urgency? What? I mean, I love D3, but I have no idea what you're talking about.
    What he means by "better paced" is probably just channeling "better loot drops". :D (Just kidding) To be fair, it took Blizzard a couple years to figure out (man, people were saying the EXACT same thing about Diablo III when it first came out for PC). I'm sure Destiny will reach that headspace in a couple of years. I'm having a lot of fun with it, but its longevity for me will be dependent on the content updates. This weekend is the first one, which is a very good sign: the new Salvage mode in the Crucible. As long as regular updates keep coming in, it can end up being like the shooter version of Guild Wars 2... and that's a good thing.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Urgency, the sense of you need to get things done now. A game with a good sense of urgency has that 'can't put down the controller' feel. It's always pushing you forward.

• Options
    Urgency, the sense of you need to get things done now. A game with a good sense of urgency has that 'can't put down the controller' feel. It's always pushing you forward.

Yeah, I know what urgency means. D3 has nothing of the sort. You blow through the story so you can do adventure mode.

• Options
    In that case, I'd say Destiny fits that bill for me.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I... played it for basically 6 hours every day for the past three days. :-P A lot of other folks did, too. I don't know what problems with "urgency" the game has. Of course, most of my time was spent in the Crucible shooting-manz, so that's a different experience.

I prefer games that allow you to play at your own pace and whim, anyway. I don't need a game to goad me into pressing forward.

EDIT: We are burning up the last parts of the thread with an argument about Destiny. :( We should focus on how awesome the system is, and how cool the upcoming years will be.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    God I want a PS4 release of Afrika.

Yeah and how about we call it Afrika this time? None of this Hakuna Matata bullshit.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options

Yeah, I know what urgency means. D3 has nothing of the sort. You blow through the story so you can do adventure mode.

Exactly, you have that feeling too continue playing so you can play adventure mode. Destiny blew itsc wad three minutes in and I honestly don't understand what Bungie was shooting for when they made this game.

• Options

Exactly, you have that feeling too continue playing so you can play adventure mode. Destiny blew itsc wad three minutes in and I honestly don't understand what Bungie was shooting for when they made this game.

Is your argument that it's better that D3 forces you to play through in a way you don't want to before you get to the good stuff, rather than letting you choose, like Destiny does?

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

Is your argument that it's better that D3 forces you to play through in a way you don't want to before you get to the good stuff, rather than letting you choose, like Destiny does?

As someone who has played both, Diablo 3 is a more polished game that is more sure of its purpose. Some of this is obviously the result of having significant time to polish and refine the game since the PC release, but it's also a sign that Blizzard knows what it is doing in its chosen genres.

Destiny is a fun game, but it is far too shallow for what it is trying to achieve. This isn't a random shooter where "It's cool. Nice graphics" are enough. It's the result of a half billion dollar investment from one of gaming's great studios, and it just isn't good enough of a game to justify that expense and pedigree.

I expect Bungie will tune and deepen the game over time - it pretty much has to - but right now it seems like a failure - the world's most expensive b-list shooter.

This discussion has been closed.