As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Bros.: Unofficial roster is out; demo on September 19th.

1939495969799»

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    I already have 10 plus hours in the demo.
    Help me.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Toad will never be playable in smash. Just give that goat up guys

Why not? I could totally see them adding Captain Toad to the next one (I doubt they'd add him as DLC to this one of course). What is wrong with Toad being playable?

Well mainly because Toad as a character is not a thing in Japan.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular

Except for the dozens and dozens of games he's been a playable character in.

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Little Mac isn't really a thing in Japan either.

• Options

Except for the dozens and dozens of games he's been a playable character in.

Thats a generic Toad. In case you didnt notice like 90% of them look like that.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Toad is a playable character in Mario 3D World, and also NSMB, he's the real deal now. Plus Captain Toad was a popular enough character to get his own spinoff.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    It's not that you couldn't make a moveset for a playable (Captain) Toad. It's that you'd have to grind through several strata of Nintendo characters (including but not limited to all the ones people have been clamoring for through the entire Smash 4 hype cycle, current Assist Trophies, and future IPs we don't even know about yet) before hitting the point where he would actually be a top priority.

(Can we give up on the Bandana Dee goat as well?)

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    They did it somehow with a brief Geno cameo in Superstar Saga, but Nintendo needs to get Geno, Mallow, Jinx, and everyone else from Square for good

They are such good characters that Nintendo could utilize, it hurts

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edzepp wrote: »
    Little Mac isn't really a thing in Japan either.

He absolutely is just because some younger fans bitched about his inclusion doesnt mean he didnt just have a Wii game that did pretty well

• Options
    JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    The mix-up at Nintendo got fixed and they sent me my demo codes. Someone here was nice enough to give me one already though, so I'll share one! (the rest go to my buddies!)
    A05V A32E 215L F53S

Jishian on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Once again, the tag is codes, not code.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Load faster eShop...

edit - I snagged it @Jishian, thank youuuuuuuuu, you have made all my dreams come true

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Well, the codes tag just gave me garbled thingies when I put it in.

Glad to help, Zefiro!

Jishian on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    oh my god this is like the 6th time i was a minute away from getting one

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Zek wrote: »
    Toad is a playable character in Mario 3D World, and also NSMB, he's the real deal now. Plus Captain Toad was a popular enough character to get his own spinoff.

On top of every single Mario Kart game :P And Super Mario Bros 2. (aka SMB USA in Japan)

But I mean, that's why I said Captain Toad - that would be the obvious one to use and he gets a little extra clout from having his own spinoff game. Though I would also make other Toads as alt costumes (at least Red, Blue, and Yellow Toad, and maybe Toadette... maybe also Toadsworth?)

You could do something like:
    Neutral B - Pick Axe from Captain Toad
    Down B - Pluck Vegetables (i.e. Peach's move)
    Up B - Propeller Hat
    Side B - ??? (maybe pick something else from Captain Toad - maybe using diamonds or green stars in some way :P)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.