Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread bleh, use new thread.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Hey everyone.

So I'm seriously considering coming back, but the last time I was on was during the first Lightning crossover event and my guy's a 48 Monk. I'm thinking of getting him to 50 first, then switching to Archer/Bard. Few things:

1. When do most people play? I normally get online around 9pm or so Pacific. I just want to see if people are still around during those times.
    2. When do most people do end-game stuff? Dungeons and the like. Same reason as above. At this point, I'm including any activities that would help gear out a fresh 50.
    3. When I left, I donated all my gil to the FC for the house. So, if I do come back... Could someone spot me some gil so I can teleport around and get back on my feet? ^^;

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    I swear I'm never going to hit 50. Every day, I end up logging in just long enough to make each item for GC turn-in, and then actually play the game for like, 20 minutes.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Well, that was underwhelming. Tried to get the upgrade, even saw it, but by the time I hit accept, I got a no upgrades left message.

(Not really impressed by how Eventbrite handles the upgrades, either.)

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    RieRie Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    soylenth wrote: »
    So if ST is blinding, that's 250 runs of ST. And here I am at 17 of 75 alexandrites ...

And here I am at 3 of 12 atmas...

But I did get my Evenstar (unweathered!) Robe tonight AND MY TURN 5 CLEAR :D:D:disappointed_relieved:

edit - we got a couple powerhouse players to join Learning Hour. We crushed through Garuda EX and almost cleared Titan EX tonight. I'll start organizing more runs, so please make sure to keep your info on the spreadsheet up to date!

Gabineaux was awesome last night. We need more players with that kinda up-beat attitude during LH runs.

Are you saying I am not upbeat enough for you?
    I AM OFFENDED!

FF14 - Rie Himawari (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Rie wrote: »
    So if ST is blinding, that's 250 runs of ST. And here I am at 17 of 75 alexandrites ...

But I did get my Evenstar (unweathered!) Robe tonight AND MY TURN 5 CLEAR :D:D:disappointed_relieved:

edit - we got a couple powerhouse players to join Learning Hour. We crushed through Garuda EX and almost cleared Titan EX tonight. I'll start organizing more runs, so please make sure to keep your info on the spreadsheet up to date!

Gabineaux was awesome last night. We need more players with that kinda up-beat attitude during LH runs.

I AM OFFENDED!

He was like ten Rie's in one. A tall Rie if you will.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Rie wrote: »

I AM OFFENDED!

He was like ten Rie's in one. A tall Rie if you will.

He was certainly at least ten Ries tall ^_^ *cough* and he was willing to do Titan EX *cough* :P

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    OK so maybe there IS some kind of diminishing returns to this light dealy, or there are theories that there are "bonus" times of day maybe?
    Did Borderlands x4, got

Win @ 12:52 (EST) - Brilliant
    Win @ 13:54 - Brilliant
    3rd @ 14:35 - Blinding
    Win @ 14:56 - Blinding

So both theories could fit if it goes either by time or DR.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    OK so maybe there IS some kind of diminishing returns to this light dealy, or there are theories that there are "bonus" times of day maybe?
    Did Borderlands x4, got

Frontlines gives light? This is fantastic news =D Though i really prefer to heal in there =( Can't i strap my sword on my scholar's back and get light?! D=

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Did Borderlands x4, got

Frontlines gives light? This is fantastic news =D Though i really prefer to heal in there =( Can't i strap my sword on my scholar's back and get light?! D=
    It would probably work to swap toward the end? I know ninja swapping worked for Animus fates if you swapped before credit was awarded.

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Hey everyone.

So I'm seriously considering coming back, but the last time I was on was during the first Lightning crossover event and my guy's a 48 Monk. I'm thinking of getting him to 50 first, then switching to Archer/Bard. Few things:

1. When do most people play? I normally get online around 9pm or so Pacific. I just want to see if people are still around during those times.
    2. When do most people do end-game stuff? Dungeons and the like. Same reason as above. At this point, I'm including any activities that would help gear out a fresh 50.
    3. When I left, I donated all my gil to the FC for the house. So, if I do come back... Could someone spot me some gil so I can teleport around and get back on my feet? ^^;

Heya @ringswraith‌

1. The main PA guild GHOST seems to have at least 20-40 people on at any given time of day or night.
    2. End stuff is all over the board. There's a linkshell dedicated to helping new people experience some end game content: their spreadsheet is here. End game is mostly what you make of it, as much of it can be pugged, you can create Party groups in Party Finder to advertise and recruit others, but LH in particular is active mostly on weekends (with the odd weekday pickup here or there). People are all across the time zones though, so some juggling may be necessary.
    3. If no one else hits you up, message Lyr Deren in game and I'll get you started. As soon as you hit fifty start doing roulettes and hunt dailies for some easy gil. Low Level Roulette on a 50 gives decent gil for every monster kill and something like ~3k gil on completion. It's not much but easy money and you get the myth and whatnot from the roulettes to help you gear.

Hope this helps out.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Reports seem to indicate that it may not actually be diminishing returns causing the discrepancies in the light gained from various activities. Instead it seems there may be hidden windows of time throughout the day in which certain activities give a boosted level of light for the Nexus weapon.

It seems the key may be to figure out when these windows open, and plan out your activities around those times to maximize your light gains.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Reports seem to indicate that it may not actually be diminishing returns causing the discrepancies in the light gained from various activities. Instead it seems there may be hidden windows of time throughout the day in which certain activities give a boosted level of light for the Nexus weapon.

It seems the key may be to figure out when these windows open, and plan out your activities around those times to maximize your light gains.

I had it backwards in my head, thinking Brilliant > Blinding, when it's vice versa... So my handful of PvP seems to back up the "bonus hour" theory. Pretty excited if that's the case, I don't mind grinding as long as we can change up the content here and there.

• Options

I had it backwards in my head, thinking Brilliant > Blinding, when it's vice versa... So my handful of PvP seems to back up the "bonus hour" theory. Pretty excited if that's the case, I don't mind grinding as long as we can change up the content here and there.

Someone started up a thread on reddit to help track it to verify:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2gooah/nexus_the_bonus_2hr_window_theory/

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Did Borderlands x4, got

It would probably work to swap toward the end? I know ninja swapping worked for Animus fates if you swapped before credit was awarded.
    I shall definitely try this. I could go PLD the whole time but that sounds much more fun.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Yep, we're following it now. Can confirm Garuda HM is giving Bright, the dungeon should change here in ~7 min. We'll do one after and I'll report back!

• Options
    Yep, we're following it now. Can confirm Garuda HM is giving Bright, the dungeon should change here in ~7 min. We'll do one after and I'll report back!

The best part about all this is that as excited as I am to work on my Summoner Nexus, I know that by the time 2.4 hits all this will be completely figured out and I can plan out the perfect Nexus progression path for my ninja to more efficiently obtain my Nexus.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Started one at 17:59 and finished at 18:02, still got Bright.... One more!

• Options
    And 18:03 - 18:07 gave Gentle.

• Options

The best part about all this is that as excited as I am to work on my Summoner Nexus, I know that by the time 2.4 hits all this will be completely figured out and I can plan out the perfect Nexus progression path for my ninja to more efficiently obtain my Nexus.

I just love figuring this shiz out to help out everyone that has to do it down the line.

• Options

I just love figuring this shiz out to help out everyone that has to do it down the line.

Hah same here, the problem is all this stuff gets figured out while i'm stuck at work >.< and with working on Savage Coil last night, and Coil 6-9 tonight it probably won't be until tomorrow that I can really sit down and sink my teeth into it.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Just realized the timing of 2.4 is going to work out pretty decent for me. I'll be pretty much over Destiny, and in to a nice sustainable holding pattern on ArcheAge.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Papagander wrote: »
    Hey everyone.

Heya @ringswraith‌

1. The main PA guild GHOST seems to have at least 20-40 people on at any given time of day or night.
    2. End stuff is all over the board. There's a linkshell dedicated to helping new people experience some end game content: their spreadsheet is here. End game is mostly what you make of it, as much of it can be pugged, you can create Party groups in Party Finder to advertise and recruit others, but LH in particular is active mostly on weekends (with the odd weekday pickup here or there). People are all across the time zones though, so some juggling may be necessary.
    3. If no one else hits you up, message Lyr Deren in game and I'll get you started. As soon as you hit fifty start doing roulettes and hunt dailies for some easy gil. Low Level Roulette on a 50 gives decent gil for every monster kill and something like ~3k gil on completion. It's not much but easy money and you get the myth and whatnot from the roulettes to help you gear.

Hope this helps out.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I have so much trouble finding time to play this game, but it's so nice about making things casual that I'm not really fretting about it at all. Weird mmo feeling.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    So the 2 hour window bonus to HM Primals Theory seems to be holding up so far. (Default reward is Gentle, bonus giving bright)

The only way to test a theory is to try to disprove it, otherwise it's just confirmation bias. During the alleged Levi window:

[20:05]The copy of the Omnilex Novus emits a gentle light.
    [20:05]The Bowl of Embers (Hard) has ended.

[20:11]The copy of the Omnilex Novus emits a gentle light.
    [20:11]The Navel (Hard) has ended.

[20:17]The copy of the Omnilex Novus emits a bright light.
    [20:17]The Whorleater (Hard) has ended.

[20:24]The copy of the Omnilex Novus emits a gentle light.
    [20:24]Thornmarch (Hard) has ended.

[20:29]The copy of the Omnilex Novus emits a gentle light.
    [20:29]The Howling Eye (Hard) has ended.

[20:35]The copy of the Omnilex Novus emits a gentle light.
    [20:36]Battle on the Big Bridge has ended.

[20:42]The copy of the Omnilex Novus emits a bright light.
    [20:42]The Whorleater (Hard) has ended.

So far, so good?

Also there doesn't seem to be a set "order," since this afternoon has been:
    Moggle Mog
    Garuda
    Ifrit
    Levi
    now Ifrit again

Ishtaar on
  • Options
    That's probably why they specifically mentioned that players would need to communicate with eachother. To spread the word about when the buffs are up on which ones.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So, are dungeons the best way to quickly gain XP for leveling battle classes? My CNJ has cleared all currently available Hunting Logs (I need o get to 30 for the next one).

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    So, are dungeons the best way to quickly gain XP for leveling battle classes? My CNJ has cleared all currently available Hunting Logs (I need o get to 30 for the next one).

Pretty much, yeah. Especially for healers and tanks, since their queue times are so short.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Pretty good day for me:

- Attempted Titan EX again, another almost clear (but getting better!)
    - Gained 5 levels on Miner
    - Got 3 atmas *whistles casually* (edit - now 6/12)

Chubby Bunny on
    Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Also check your challenge log; fates, leves, dungeon and guildhest weeklys give a nice bump.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Don't forget the daily low level roulette if you're not already in a habit of picking that up. It's about 30% of your current level EXP, so it's worth like 160k+ at the higher 40s. Daily guildhest is also a nice little boost for a quick run. Just don't forge tto grab some cheap vendor food for an extra 3% when dungeon diving.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    My friend and I teamed up with some friends from LUX and farmed ifrit tonight for a while. It's not too bad and a good source of myth and ventures. Plus lights!

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Sargantas is one of the lucky worlds getting the Dodo Earrings from the competition at the Tokyo Game Show!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/193400-Announcing-the-Winning-Worlds-of-the-Cactuar-Lottery-2.0!?p=2446597#post2446597

• Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    It definitely won't take the place of my cactuar earring I never take off, but that's still pretty cool.

• Options
    So I seem to have misplaced my XIV disc/box.

If I reactivate my account, is there a way to download the game? Or will I have to purchase another copy?

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    So I seem to have misplaced my XIV disc/box.

If I reactivate my account, is there a way to download the game? Or will I have to purchase another copy?

You can download the client from your account site.

• Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Tokyo Game Show in two days (the part open to the public that is).

Anyone else going? I'm going, hopefully Yoshi-P is at the SE booth.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Ok, most officers that I would normally talk to on steam are asleep right now, so I'll ask here as well.

I need a good picture of the GHOSTS guild for this Saturday. I really would need it in within 24 hours or so of me posting this... timezone differences ya know.

My goal is to print out a good guild picture and bring it to the Tokyo Game Show this weekend and hopefully get Yoshi-P to sign it. My friend said he was at the SE booth last year and met him.

I do have the housing picture:

47gC94N.jpg

I would be nice if someone with photoshop skills could maybe put <Ghost in the Linkshell> on it, or some appropriate title. Maybe including the server name too.
    Or if you guys have a better more up to date guild picture that would be great. I will print out what I can on photo paper, more than one is fine probably. Then I can ship them to Sion and he can do what he wants with them.... I think he deserves one of course. I'll scan it as well and everyone can see it and get a digital copy of course.

THIS IS NOT a 100% guarantee obviously, if no one is at the booth that actually works on FFXIV then I wont bother asking to get anything signed. And who knows, maybe they don't sign stuff anyway. Its worth a shot though.
    Of course I'll snap some pictures of the SE booth and whatever FFXIV thing they have there, at least to make others jealous and say "SUCK IT NERDS". ... j/k

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I logged in this morning to check - yes, they fixed chocobo movement for gamepads. I wonder what else, if anything, they fixed.

• Options
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Ok, most officers that I would normally talk to on steam are asleep right now, so I'll ask here as well.

I need a good picture of the GHOSTS guild for this Saturday. I really would need it in within 24 hours or so of me posting this... timezone differences ya know.

My goal is to print out a good guild picture and bring it to the Tokyo Game Show this weekend and hopefully get Yoshi-P to sign it. My friend said he was at the SE booth last year and met him.

I do have the housing picture:

47gC94N.jpg

I would be nice if someone with photoshop skills could maybe put <Ghost in the Linkshell> on it, or some appropriate title. Maybe including the server name too.
    Or if you guys have a better more up to date guild picture that would be great. I will print out what I can on photo paper, more than one is fine probably. Then I can ship them to Sion and he can do what he wants with them.... I think he deserves one of course. I'll scan it as well and everyone can see it and get a digital copy of course.

THIS IS NOT a 100% guarantee obviously, if no one is at the booth that actually works on FFXIV then I wont bother asking to get anything signed. And who knows, maybe they don't sign stuff anyway. Its worth a shot though.
    Of course I'll snap some pictures of the SE booth and whatever FFXIV thing they have there, at least to make others jealous and say "SUCK IT NERDS". ... j/k

I'll try to organize getting a new picture tonight. We haven't done one in awhile so tit would be nice to have a more up to date one :)

delphinidaes.png
This discussion has been closed.