As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread bleh, use new thread.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Ok, most officers that I would normally talk to on steam are asleep right now, so I'll ask here as well.

I need a good picture of the GHOSTS guild for this Saturday. I really would need it in within 24 hours or so of me posting this... timezone differences ya know.

My goal is to print out a good guild picture and bring it to the Tokyo Game Show this weekend and hopefully get Yoshi-P to sign it. My friend said he was at the SE booth last year and met him.

I do have the housing picture:

47gC94N.jpg

I would be nice if someone with photoshop skills could maybe put <Ghost in the Linkshell> on it, or some appropriate title. Maybe including the server name too.
    Or if you guys have a better more up to date guild picture that would be great. I will print out what I can on photo paper, more than one is fine probably. Then I can ship them to Sion and he can do what he wants with them.... I think he deserves one of course. I'll scan it as well and everyone can see it and get a digital copy of course.

THIS IS NOT a 100% guarantee obviously, if no one is at the booth that actually works on FFXIV then I wont bother asking to get anything signed. And who knows, maybe they don't sign stuff anyway. Its worth a shot though.
    Of course I'll snap some pictures of the SE booth and whatever FFXIV thing they have there, at least to make others jealous and say "SUCK IT NERDS". ... j/k

I'll try to organize getting a new picture tonight. We haven't done one in awhile so tit would be nice to have a more up to date one :)

Oooo.

Rough idea of time?

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I'll try to organize getting a new picture tonight. We haven't done one in awhile so tit would be nice to have a more up to date one :)

That'd be awesome. I hope I'm around for it!

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Ok, most officers that I would normally talk to on steam are asleep right now, so I'll ask here as well.

I need a good picture of the GHOSTS guild for this Saturday. I really would need it in within 24 hours or so of me posting this... timezone differences ya know.

My goal is to print out a good guild picture and bring it to the Tokyo Game Show this weekend and hopefully get Yoshi-P to sign it. My friend said he was at the SE booth last year and met him.

I do have the housing picture:

47gC94N.jpg

I would be nice if someone with photoshop skills could maybe put <Ghost in the Linkshell> on it, or some appropriate title. Maybe including the server name too.
    Or if you guys have a better more up to date guild picture that would be great. I will print out what I can on photo paper, more than one is fine probably. Then I can ship them to Sion and he can do what he wants with them.... I think he deserves one of course. I'll scan it as well and everyone can see it and get a digital copy of course.

THIS IS NOT a 100% guarantee obviously, if no one is at the booth that actually works on FFXIV then I wont bother asking to get anything signed. And who knows, maybe they don't sign stuff anyway. Its worth a shot though.
    Of course I'll snap some pictures of the SE booth and whatever FFXIV thing they have there, at least to make others jealous and say "SUCK IT NERDS". ... j/k

Oooo.

Rough idea of time?

Not sure, I'll probably be home around 5pm pst today so I'll start drumming up interest and seeing if I can nail down a time later than that to get everyone together.

If people have a good idea for a good backdrop to take the picture against let me know. I was thinking we could do it out near revenant's toll since it's been upgraded a bit more, or possibly at the FC house (although that may be a bit cramped!)

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I'd say Free Company estate to show our Free companyness.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I also vote our house.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Esh wrote: »
    So I seem to have misplaced my XIV disc/box.

If I reactivate my account, is there a way to download the game? Or will I have to purchase another copy?

You can download the client from your account site.

I'm guessing it's not an option you see unless you have an active sub? 'Coz I was going through the site last night and didn't see it.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    You can also download it on Steam, right?

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Maaan. So, I took a break from Marauder for a bit to get flash from gladiator, and the class quests just made me ashamed to be a lominsan. Dang marauders make us all look like brainless meat sacks. At least I got to stab them.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Aldo wrote: »
    You can also download it on Steam, right?

I don't have Steam.

• Options
    I'll be around from 530-7 EST, and 930-12 EST tonight... if that matters at all to anyone :O

• Options

If I reactivate my account, is there a way to download the game? Or will I have to purchase another copy?

I'm guessing it's not an option you see unless you have an active sub? 'Coz I was going through the site last night and didn't see it.

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/

Should be able to download it from there. although to fully update the game and such you may need an active account, that's just the installer.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014

It's actually just a loose page, no sign in required: http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/

e: That DL's the launcher, you WILL have to login with an active sub in the launcher to have it patch.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Also we have a name for 2.4!

final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn.jpg?w=720

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Ohhh, is 2.4 adding Shiva?

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    totally read that as Dream Sofice.

Bad spacing is bad!

• Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Yup!

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I'm pretty excited for the Shiva fight.

Hopefully it won't be quite as demanding as Ramuh or Titan.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular

Icey weapons! <3

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Also at the TGS Sargatanas has won the Dodo Earrings!

So everyone on the sever will get a pair of dodo earrings eventually. Good luck to the rest of the servers! hopefully all servers will get it again like the last few times!

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I also wanted to remind everyone that the FFXIV portion of the Tokyo Game Show will be at the following times:

FINAL FANTASY XIV Events
    On Stage

Letter from the Producer LIVE from Tokyo Game Show
    FFXIV Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida will be attending both public admission days at TGS 2014 to deliver a new Letter from the Producer LIVE.

Saturday, September 20, 2:15 p.m. (JST)
    Friday, September 19, 10:15 p.m. (PDT)
    Eorzean Census: A year has passed since the launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: ARR, and Yoshi-P is ready to share with fans the highlights of 12 months of accumulated play data.

Sunday, September 21, 2:15 p.m. (JST)
    Saturday, September 20, 10:15 p.m. (PDT)
    Latest News: Yoshi-P will be revealing the latest details from the upcoming 2.4 patch, including the new class and job, the new primal, new dungeons, and much, much more!

So expect a wealth of information in the next couple days!

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Thank you for the download link!

Maybe I can make it in time for the FC picture-taking. Though the awesomemest(*) things I own look-wise are Snow's gear. :D

• Options
    10 PM my time, that's not bad. Are these live streamed, and if so, does anyone ever do a translated live stream?

• Options
    10 PM my time, that's not bad. Are these live streamed, and if so, does anyone ever do a translated live stream?

Recently they have been putting the Q&A stuff up on the official forums as it is done, and sometime there are fans that try to translate it live. If I find any links I'll be sure to post them here.

At the very least they are almost always very visual so you can get a good sense just from what they show as well.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Thank you for the download link!

Maybe I can make it in time for the FC picture-taking. Though the awesomemest(*) things I own look-wise are Snow's gear. :D

Snow's gear is now dyeable FYI. So you can actually make it look pretty damned amazing :)

It's the one piece of gear that slightly makes me regret making a female character. Give me a female duster damnit SE!

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    weiZVZw.jpg

I always knew fat chocobo was a pimp.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh my God...yes! Finally hit cap with my first job!

Um...besides job quests, how can I make finishing the story less painful? Paladin here.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Doing FC runs of Main Scenario end stuff is best, as the FC people won't yell at you for watching cutscenes! (or ignore you watching cutscenes and lock you out of the Boss fights).

Really FC runs are best runs, nothing more need be said! And if you'rem in GHOST there's usually a bunch of people willing to help out with MS completion. People tend to get distracted with all the shinies in the game, but even with that GHOST is extremely helpful.

Not gonna lie, Shiva in 2.4 is giving me chills. There, I said it. As excited for that, or maybe even more, than for ninja (and I'm plenty damn excited for ninja).

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Oh my God...yes! Finally hit cap with my first job!

Um...besides job quests, how can I make finishing the story less painful? Paladin here.

Ask the company for help. Castrum is mainly annoying, and Praetorium is pretty quick.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    I'm pretty excited for the Shiva fight.

Hopefully it won't be quite as demanding as Ramuh or Titan.

I heard it's going to be like Titan EX except the floor is icey so you can slide off the platform ;)

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    3 days until the fashion show and I've yet to come up with my routine... well, at least I've decided on the glamour set I'm going to use...

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I'm mostly excited for the events so that I can see people that just have [FC] <name> associated with them right now. Like seeing the character variance.

• Options
    Someone please put a Pop on that Choco Pimp image. It's totally worth it and it's driving me crazy.

XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    @lionheart_m I'm returning to the game so I basically feel like a new 50. If you need someone to help with stuff just let me know. I'm Gorgin Blackhan in game.

• Options
    ....well played Qanamil. Well played, sir.

XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Can anyone give me a recommendation on how I should level my gatherers vs. crafters? I was thinking of leveling all my gatherers to 50 first, selling my NQ mats and keeping my HQ mats. Is there a better / more effective way?

edit - anyone think we might see another type of gatherer or crafter in the expansion?

Chubby Bunny on

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Regarding Brick Mountains:
    SSExRCy.jpg

This was not what I was expecting.

eHvbIdb.jpg

This was not what I was expecting!

eIFqfNY.jpg

This was not what I was expecting at all!

EngSdtr.jpg

Yeah... no.

VNSMTqk.jpg

I really have no idea what just happened, or what this thing on my head is. Did I just get laid? Who were all those strange people? And why is this brick golem following me?

vVcYbSV.jpg

I guess some things, like where the rain went, are meant to remain mysteries.

488W936.png
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Can anyone give me a recommendation on how I should level my gatherers vs. crafters? I was thinking of leveling all my gatherers to 50 first, selling my NQ mats and keeping my HQ mats. Is there a better / more effective way?

edit - anyone think we might see another type of gatherer or crafter in the expansion?

Crafters are best if you get everyone to 15 and then there are certain cross-class skills that are better than others. I think you want 50 CRP, 50 WVR and 37(?) CUL for their cross class skills the most. The rest are good but those are the primary ones to start with. If you know a crafter with the patience to help they could craft you HQ items for levee turnins that you could use to easily level your crafting classes as well. I'd auto-synthesis them using vendor mats to 15 for each class though. This is fairly cheap and gets you a good basis for your skills.

Gathering sucked when I did it. I believe levees are actually worth using on gatherers now. Turning in gathering/crafting items to your Grand Company gets you a good amount of seals and experience as well. I only have Miner and Botany at 50 so can't speak to Fishing at all.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I thought we were confused as to where the rain comes from. It goes into the ground, but how does it get into the sky?

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    I thought we were confused as to where the rain comes from. It goes into the ground, but how does it get into the sky?

Champagne bottles.

delphinidaes.png
This discussion has been closed.