Options

[Diablo 3] Season 1 in progress. Dare you enter this RNG realm?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    So Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4) is updating just now with a 400 MB patch. Could this be the fabled patch 2.1?

'tis!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So what kind of super gem does a block-chance dependent Crusader build look out for?

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Gem matters not but Wreath is good starting off if you're gonna have enemies punching you in your face/shield.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    I like damage proccs. The poison, the holy, and the bleed procc gem seem to fit my playstyle well. I'm assuming I can equip up to 3 legendary gems. Are there any limitations in terms of stacking?

• Options
    not really other than you can only have one of each type of gem equipped

doing straight procs is okay but the damage multiplier gems (especially bane of the trapped if you have a reliable way to apply it, and as a crusader just the gem's aura will do it for you) really stand out from the others because of how it applies its damage buff dynamically and on top of all of your other buffs

• Options
    FettS1FettS1 Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if the console patch includes all of the skill changes/revamps? Those were included in the PC v2.1 correct? (example - Apocalypse fire blizzard for Wizards)

Diablo3: FettS1#1626
    PSN: FettS1
    FFXIV: Kashell Valeth
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    wow finally a pair of decent FB gloves (after 5 drops and about 9 kadalas)
    731 int
    725 vit
    9 cc
    49 cd (rolled from ias)

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    damn right Geth

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    FettS1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the console patch includes all of the skill changes/revamps? Those were included in the PC v2.1 correct? (example - Apocalypse fire blizzard for Wizards)

The big skill changes were in 2.1, so they should be included.

PC v2.1.1 was mostly quality of life changes (witch doctor pet hp) and more notably, the kadala drop rate buff.

also... it may be missing the higher drop rates of cache items and uber organs, because I think those were post 2.1 hotfixes.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    731 int
    725 vit
    9 cc
    49 cd (rolled from ias)

Could have rolled off the Vit for trifecta!

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    Smoogy wrote: »
    bwanie wrote: »
    731 int
    725 vit
    9 cc
    49 cd (rolled from ias)

Could have rolled off the Vit for trifecta!

FB doesn't want IAS*, it wants CDR or vit.

* - if you intend to progress further into Grifts that is, if you just care about putzing around T6 then trifecta is fine

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    So Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4) is updating just now with a 400 MB patch. Could this be the fabled patch 2.1?

It is, though the notes I saw about it didn't mention the class changes. I would assume those are in, but haven't checked yet.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Hmmm... did two Nephalem Rifts, no trial thingy yet. Oddly enough, opening a Nephalem Rift only costs 1 Rift Fragment, instead of 5 like before.

Do I just run Nephalem Rifts until some special item drops?

Skim-reading some instructions on google said I'd get some item to start a trial from a Rift Guardian (100% drop chance), which then unlocks the ability to run greater rifts, which I then can open with a rather common drop in regular Nephalem Rifts.

Am I doing something wrong? I feel like I should be well into some kind of Trial by now. Guess I'm off to run my 3rd Nephalem Rift in a row.

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Hmmm... did two Nephalem Rifts, no trial thingy yet. Oddly enough, opening a Nephalem Rift only costs 1 Rift Fragment, instead of 5 like before.

Skim-reading some instructions on google said I'd get some item to start a trial from a Rift Guardian (100% drop chance), which then unlocks the ability to run greater rifts, which I then can open with a rather common drop in regular Nephalem Rifts.

Am I doing something wrong? I feel like I should be well into some kind of Trial by now. Guess I'm off to run my 3rd Nephalem Rift in a row.

Trial drop chance is based on Torment Level.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Also it only drops in Torment.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    TTODewback wrote: »

Oh, I'm on Torment 3. Can do Torment 4, and probably even 5, but then the TTK is too high for my liking. Fucks with the flow.

Anyways, got my Trial Key on my 3rd Nephalem Rift just now. Apparently I should fail the trial on purpose for optimal progression pacing? Does that advice still apply?

P.S. My Shieldbash is hitting for up to 50 millions now, up from like 25 millions from before the patch. That 2handed-weapons buff really pays off for me. Feels great!

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »

Oh, I'm on Torment 3. Can do Torment 4, and probably even 5, but then the TTK is too high for my liking. Fucks with the flow.

Anyways, got my Trial Key on my 3rd Nephalem Rift just now. Apparently I should fail the trial on purpose for optimal progression pacing? Does that advice still apply?

P.S. My Shieldbash is hitting for up to 50 millions now, up from like 25 millions from before the patch. That 2handed-weapons buff really pays off for me. Feels great!

Its good because you'll get at least one gem with minimal effort.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Little side-question. Is anybody aware of how to find and link to my PS4 character stats? I'd love to get some feedback from people who are far more advanced than I am. Battlenet doesn't seem to do it. Blue Post says it's supposed to be mined from PSN.

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    I finally know what the infamous *low density grifts* are - and I agree, those suck!

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    FettS1 wrote: »

The big skill changes were in 2.1, so they should be included.

PC v2.1.1 was mostly quality of life changes (witch doctor pet hp) and more notably, the kadala drop rate buff.

also... it may be missing the higher drop rates of cache items and uber organs, because I think those were post 2.1 hotfixes.

2.1.1 also made enchanting jewelry cheaper - 2.1 still has the old obnoxious flawless gem cost for them, which sucks mightily if you want sockets for your new legendary gems. And IIRC the cache legendary drop rate buff wasn't in 2.1 yet either, though it might have been a hotfix as you said.

• Options
    Erm... can I only carry 4 legendary gems in my inventory, and another 4 in my stash? When I picked up my 4th legendary gem, the game warned me that my inventory is full, even though I still could pick up all the other stuff.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    crusader 2h damage did not change at all

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    Not as much of one as the other classes, but still a small bump. A bigger bump when using Hellskull (10% more damage when using a 2H) for something like Holy Shotgun.
    To summarize the changes:
    The DPS of 2-Handed Melee Weapons has been increased by 23-26% across the board.
    This applies to the following weapon types:
    2-Handed Maces
    2-Handed Mighty Weapons
    2-Handed Axes
    2-Handed Flails
    2-Handed Staffs
    2-Handed Swords
    Daibos
    Polearms
    In direct response, Heavenly Strength will now reduce damage done by 20%. With both changes, Crusaders using a 2-Hander should see a very small DPS increase.
    This change is retroactive to existing live items.
    This change only affects level 70 two-handed melee weapons.
    This change affects two-handed melee weapons of all rarities.

We are still considering additional changes if needed but this should be a solid step towards making 2-Handers viable again for all classes.

I can't remember what the final %'s were, but there's definitely an overall increase from the change.

• Options

My sword went from 2700 DPS before the patch to 3700 DPS on my in-game display ragdoll.

• Options
    Urban1616Urban1616 VirginiaRegistered User regular
    Just so yall have it on your radar...you can get to whimshire by killing purple goblins lol...just did that today lol

The Trail is the thing not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you were traveling for- Louis L'Amor
    5hl5wmsos359.jpg
  • Options

My sword went from 2700 DPS before the patch to 3700 DPS on my in-game display ragdoll.

and your passive gained a 20% loss in damage

• Options

Well, my Shield Bash went from 25 million max to 50 million max, so the buff was definitely significant for my build.

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular

Well, my Shield Bash went from 25 million max to 50 million max, so the buff was definitely significant for my build.
    You're both right; see my post above.

But also, are using the Pound rune?

• Options
    the final 2h increase was roughly 26-30%

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    What's a shotgun build?

Cause I looked online and it's nothing what I thought it would be.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Fate of the Fell + full Akkhan's + Heaven's Fury with the rune that makes it cost 40 wrath instead of having a cooldown.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    What's a shotgun build?

Cause I looked online and it's nothing what I thought it would be.

You don't actually get a shotgun, but it plays exactly like using one.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So my prediction of 2.1 hitting PS4/XBone with about a months lag time was pretty decent I'd say. Excited to play with the new 2.1 stuff, which I expressly avoided on the PC so I could play it on the PS4 with my much better geared 'sader.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    then you changed something else, because heavenly strength has a 20% damage debuff now so your total damage increase was closer to 1%, not 100%

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Ok so I finally completed m6 on my DH today (still need RoRG and T&T)

I have a Buriza, but I feel like my Blitzbolter is more effective. I go from 1.5ish aps to 2.16 aps trading Buriza for Blitzbolter, and sheet dps (yeah I know) goes from 865k to 934k

help?

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    2.16 aps moves you up two breakpoints so it should do significantly more dmg

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    Dammit now I need to get a PS4. Want that sweet sweet 2.1 loot. Urgh....

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    Ok so I finally completed m6 on my DH today (still need RoRG and T&T)

I have a Buriza, but I feel like my Blitzbolter is more effective. I go from 1.5ish aps to 2.16 aps trading Buriza for Blitzbolter, and sheet dps (yeah I know) goes from 865k to 934k

help?

Plug your stats into this and you should be able to figure out which setup is better. The higher APS weapon probably will net you more damage overall because your sentries are going to be able to get off more attacks.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I guess I'm just confused as to why Buriza, Kridershot, and the other one are usually recommended over a good hand crossbow then

Thanks for the calculator @Naphtali‌

I'll plug my stats in when I get home

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I found a frostburn last night and I kinda like it better than the ghetto T&T that I have; DPS is obvs way lower but stuff gets stunned really frequently

still haven't done a grift above 30 though, so

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget