Options

The normal [Webcomics] thread. Sorry.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    amine

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Going by the hair I am guessing that's him in the dresses? Ha-ha?

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    The joke is

On anyone who likes anime.

I wonder if we can petition tube to make anime a permanent banned word like the n word

Well, now you'd be infracted and the comic is still there, so

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    amine

tertiaryamine1.png

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I'd venture it's an in-joke regarding characters in an anime series about volleyball that I do not know.

I guess it's the same basic joke as this:
    828141922_izJhC-L.png

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    The joke is

On anyone who likes redacted.

I wonder if we can petition tube to make the a word a permanent banned word like the n word

I dunno if it's a good idea to make webcomics a banned word

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    74nWeJm.png

SHELLEY GOING IN HARD WITH THE TRUTH

http://www.scarygoround.com/

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Edit - that's what I get for making a post before I let the page update

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    damn shelly

damn

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2014-10-20-thirdactclimax.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    The joke is

On anyone who likes redacted.

I wonder if we can petition tube to make the a word a permanent banned word like the n word

I dunno if it's a good idea to make webcomics a banned word

It'll just mean I can finally get everyone to stop being childish and call the medium by the much more sophisticated name it deserves.

Webgraphic-novels.

• Options
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

It's like he knows exactly what I want

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Brainleech wrote: »
    descent_BpHwoN9.jpg

Mind Flayers have no gender and reproduce by brain slug insertion. If you're going to cast "Who's your daddy" on them, bring towels

This is a really great Oglaf.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I'd venture it's an in-joke regarding characters in an anime series about volleyball that I do not know.

828141922_izJhC-L.png

So, that page, minus the actual punchline.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

828141922_izJhC-L.png

Hey, I got it.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

828141922_izJhC-L.png

Well, I mean

The Kate Beaton comic copies Mike and Jerry's pacing almost perfectly in that the actual punchline is in the second panel, and the third panel contains a secondary joke as a sort of winding down

The punchline of that comic on the other page is very much "Well this is an inappropriate gift"

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    tIslCyD.jpg

• Options
    ZznFh7A.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    nnSTpEX.gif

XOZ81Mh.gif

-No, I don't think I have heard that story before. Is it true?
    -It may be, but it scarcely matters now, does it? The forest where sits this little town is Negat's Wood, true enough, but it is not my business to know the truth of stories.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Oh, and in Archime news, it seems Amber and Gary never actually had sex. She left and went to work while he was busy giving swirlies to all those other girls. This has been your regular Archime news update.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    The last person Gary actually had penetrative intercourse with was Senna

He's still been getting plenty of action, though

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    FCD wrote: »
    Oh, and in Archime news, it seems Amber and Gary never actually had sex. She left and went to work while he was busy giving swirlies to all those other girls. This has been your regular Archime news update.

Well she has that weird pact with Dillon ( which makes no sense given his extracirriculars but whatevs) but I'm pretty sure he's gonna end up with this new girl and create some tension.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Monster-Pulse

Nai9jbq.png

what are you up to braindeer

oh wait shit that wasn't a bat the other page was it

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    What's the joke?

He dressed up in sexy female anime characters and took pictures for his girlfriend. I assume that's a female, or at least someone he's courting. Look up Kill La Kill to understand why he's in that outfit.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    What's the joke?

He dressed up in sexy female anime characters and took pictures for his girlfriend. I assume that's a female, or at least someone he's courting. Look up Kill La Kill to understand why he's in that outfit.

(don't actually look up kill la kill)
    (just trust royce on this one)

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    ZznFh7A.jpg
    2014-10-17-28p32.jpg
    Kana wrote: »
    What's the joke?

(don't actually look up kill la kill)
    (just trust royce on this one)
    ....................................Yes
    Absofuckinglutely
    Si
    Hai
    Uun
    Ha
    We
    Da

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    What's the joke?

The comic made me giggle because it reminded me of when I would hit up the purikura booths with my girlfriend in Japan and we would strike the most ridiculous poses and then the built in photoshopping would do hilarious things to our eyes and skin, doubly so for me because I am a guy and it is doing its darndest to use algorithms to make me look like a pretty girl.

I'm assuming it's purikura at least because of the writing on the photos saying stuff like "Like, Like, Love" etc. I'm going to have to go dig those photos out and reminisce now.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    00001421.jpg
    Robo rumble

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Omitting The Fats

2014-10-20-Omitting-The-Fats.jpg
    There is another McDonald's just two towns over that hasn't yet experienced context that might create an opinion about me that involves the misappropriation of poultry. If it happens again, I cannot drive farther for the meaty morsels. For that, I have prepared an elaborate plan to get all local McDonald's employees promoted out of the location so that they may be replaced with fresh, unsuspicious minds.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Nobody would lie about having ordered 40 McNuggets at once.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    My friend in Tokyo occasionally spams twitter with purikura photos he takes with his girlfriend. He looks like a bug-eyed alien.

Ooh oh! And a few weeks ago a friend was showing me photos of her and her friends dressed up at some cosplay cafe, where there's a photobooth. It's not quite purikura, as while you can write on it and make little stickers, it doesn't heavily photoshop your face, so you look pretty much normal.

So we're going through this album on her phone, and she stops on one. This girl's eyes, I shit you not, are gigantic. Like they probably take up, upwards of 20% of her face.

"Woah, photoshop went crazy here, eh?" I said.

"No...? I told you, it's not purikura."

"...wait, you mean?"

"Yes, isn't she pretty!?"

Inside me, all was screams.

"...y-yeah. Pretty."

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    It's not that they trust you, Ronnie. It's that they thought you were asking for tribute.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    GIVE UNTO ME MY TITHE, A BOUNTY OF MCNUGGETS WORTHY OF THE SONGS OF ANGELS

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    BREAKING-CAT-NEWS-60.png[img][/img]

This discussion has been closed.