Options

Dragon Age Thread - Where is your maker now?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. Sera seems to have a very black/white view of the world and I'm guessing she isn't going to be as fun times all the time as some people might be thinking.

If you play a more political/diplomatic character I could see you being at odds with her a lot.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Kind of interesting that we've seen very little of Blackwall.

Can't tell if Bioware are worried about him not being that interesting as promotional material or if he's going to turn out to be Corypheus or another magister possessing someone else and dumps you about 50% of the way through game, epic plot twist style.

"It was me, Inquisitor! It was me along!"

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm thinking Blackwall is going to be the "average guy" of the group.

Meaning he probably doesn't have a personality that translates well to soundbites like most of the other characters.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I'm thinking Blackwall is going to be the "average guy" of the group.

Meaning he probably doesn't have a personality that translates well to soundbites like most of the other characters.
    He's probably going to be the Duncan of the group.

The soft spoken kindly older father figure that is occasionally called upon to shank a dude.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    So, I'm curious. Are they just going to ignore the fact that Leliana can die during Origins, or did they actually create an alternate spymaster for the Inquisition?

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    BassguyBassguy Ghost Ride the Dragon Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    So, I'm curious. Are they just going to ignore the fact that Leliana can die during Origins, or did they actually create an alternate spymaster for the Inquisition?
    "SHE DIDN'T REALLY DIE! YOU JUST THOUGHT SHE DID" —BioWare Handwaving

• Options
    edited October 2014

Leliana's death in origins was already retconn'ed in DA2.

Their reasoning was something like "So few people killed her and we liked her so there."

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    They're just going with the line of thinking that if your choices aren't popular enough, they don't matter.

So yeah, I got a chantry zombie haunting my castle now.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

They ignored that fact for Dragon Age 2, I don't see why they wouldn't for Dragon Age 3.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    They're just going with the line of thinking that if your choices aren't popular enough, they don't matter.

Just what I would expect from a Stormcloak supporter.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

Well, she was killed literally right next to the magical healing powder.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    I didn't realize they handwaved it in DA2. I thought it was possible to not get the Leliana appearance.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Just what I would expect from a Stormcloak supporter.
    Oh its on now.

I sided with the stormcloaks for vengeance and the chance to actively do something rather than stand around biding my time with my thumb up me bum while the Thalmor plot and scheme.

Edit: Geth knows what I'm talking about.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I didn't realize they handwaved it in DA2. I thought it was possible to not get the Leliana appearance.

I believe she always shows up in the epilogue. She only shows up in game if you have Sebastian installed and do his questline.

EDIT: Also, if I have to put up with Morrigan again, I'm glad people who killed Leliana have to deal with her again. If my choices don't matter, neither should yours. :P

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    It isn't like Leliana is the first time they've retconned a death in the series. I sacrificed myself my first time through DAO and then was magically okay in Awakening.

• Options
    It isn't like Leliana is the first time they've retconned a death in the series. I sacrificed myself my first time through DAO and then was magically okay in Awakening.
    That doesn't really bother me too much since there are options there.

Leliana is worse because at least with The Warden you can choose to create a new one for Awakening rather than loading the DAO character and going with "I'm dead but I got better, who the hell knows how".

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Finally finished Witch Hunt last night. I know it has a reputation for being sort of lame, and it probably deserves it. It's short, and there aren't any amazing gameplay moments. But man, the last scene is pitch perfect. Morrigan goes out trolling you to the bitter end.

htm on
  • Options
    htm wrote: »
    Finally finished Witch Hunt last night. I know it has a reputation for being sort of lame, and it probably deserves it. It's short, and they're aren't any amazing gameplay moments. But man, the last scene is pitch perfect. Morrigan goes out trolling you to the bitter end.
    The only thing I don't like about Witch Hunt is that it felt like it was teasing a lot of things, none of them which were touched upon in DAII.

I had a lot of fun with it though for a short and sweet piece of DLC. The companions were likable and you got to spend one last adventure with Barkspawn.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    and you got to spend one last adventure with Barkspawn.

It feels strange that we won't have a Mabari this time around.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    My pet Mabari was what helped me take down the Arishok in 1-on-1 with my mage.

Because damn could I not take a hit.

• Options
    Bassguy wrote: »
    New gameplay video:

You can see DudeHawke at 1:38, magin' it up in the Fade with Sera and (I think) Dorian. Further evidence that Hawke is going to be a guest party member.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    The Mabari was an awesome idea for a party member and really fun.

Unfortunately he can't actually talk so by bringing him along, you lose out on a lot of dialog so a lot of people are just tempted to leave him behind. I know I did.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    It unbalances the game even more than it already is, but the mod that makes the dog a fifth party member is great.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular

Leliana's fate during Origins takes up a pretty spacious chunk of the Companions screen in Dragon Age Keep (and covers just about every possibility in the game when it comes to companions), so

[arishok]No.[/arishok]

• Options
    BassguyBassguy Ghost Ride the Dragon Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

Leliana's fate during Origins takes up a pretty spacious chunk of the Companions screen in Dragon Age Keep (and covers just about every possibility in the game when it comes to companions), so

[arishok]No.[/arishok]
    ... I have access to the keep, and I'm looking at it right now. I don't understand what you're getting at, but I don't want to say anything that would break NDA.

Even so, I'm pretty sure nothing in the Keep could ever properly explain the retcon. "You killed her, but never mind. She's alive now." That's just kind of shitty all around, and no handwaving can get around that. They shouldn't have offered the option if they didn't want Leliana to possibly be dead.

Bassguy on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Well I mean, look at Morrigan - plenty of people killed her in Witch Hunt, but she obviously plays a role in DA:I just based on the trailers.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Yeah, Leliana being killed is one of the options in the Keep. Weird.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Well I mean, look at Morrigan - plenty of people killed her in Witch Hunt, but she obviously plays a role in DA:I just based on the trailers.
    You stab her, no indication of that killing her though.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    She got better.

• Options
    Morrigan's "death" was such an example of ambiiguous non-death that I'm surprised some thought it would stick.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Oh ok. I didn't actually kill her during witch hunt so I didn't know how "real" it looked.

But yeah I don't really care. People want to kill everyone, whatever. DA was never made to be a 3-arc game where all your choices apply the way ME was. It doesn't bother me, but on the other hand I don't like doing murder sprees on my companions.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Personally I didn't kill anyone in Origins andd thought most deaths were dumb. But don't add them if you won't follow through.

• Options
    Personally I didn't kill anyone in Origins andd thought most deaths were dumb. But don't add them if you won't follow through.

I think that they probably regret putting so many potential party member deaths in DA:O. At some point between ME2 and DA2, they seemed to have come to the realization that returning characters are as important to maintaining a franchise as the setting is. Maybe even more so. No one is emotionally invested in the darkspawn, but everyone loves Varric.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I was joking about Duke whathisname anyway.

But you Behlen lovers are still crazy

Yeah, I sure do love preserving super bigoted cultures by supporting a racist pile of nug turds.

Wait.

No I don't.

Vote Bhelen 2016

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Leliana was not in the chantry. Like at all. She was just hanging around trying to find some kind of spiritual connection to...whatever...after the crap she'd seen and done.

People used to go and help priests and nuns without actually becoming one, you know?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    htm wrote: »

I think that they probably regret putting so many potential party member deaths in DA:O. At some point between ME2 and DA2, they seemed to have come to the realization that returning characters are as important to maintaining a franchise as the setting is. Maybe even more so. No one is emotionally invested in the darkspawn, but everyone loves Varric.

It only helps if they can follow through, however. I once played through ME1 without ever interacting or recruiting Garrus just because it was possible and I wanted to see what happened in the sequel. Then you meet up with him and it's still the same dialog and inflection.

It was an all-asshole Shepard, too. So the world was practically empty. And it was so fucking dull that even when I tried importing it into ME3, I simply quit because I just didn't give a shit about the world.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

Yeah, I sure do love preserving super bigoted cultures by supporting a racist pile of nug turds.

Wait.

No I don't.

Vote Bhelen 2016

Bhelen 2016: yeah so what I murdered my whole family

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    I bet he'd still campaign better than Romney.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

Wait.

No I don't.

Vote Bhelen 2016

His family were dicks, so whatever. Not like the Warden didn't kill a bunch of families.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

Wait.

No I don't.

Vote Bhelen 2016

His family were dicks, so whatever. Not like the Warden didn't kill a bunch of families.

Bhelen 2016: the ends always justify the means*

*when that means bhelen gets to be king

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.