As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - SPOILERS EDITION [See OP for Spoiler Rules]

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Comic book artists really have to realize at some point that you don't spray paint clothes on. I can't even imagine how bad the wedgies in some of those outfits would be.

But yes,
    Morse has almost got to be a triple agent, but I suspect that she's brainwashed to not know it. Simmons will have to science a way to fix her enormous new girlfriend.

In one of the first issues of the new Ms. Marvel, Kamala Khan makes the wedgie observation while wearing Carol Danvers' old costume before settling into her own permanent costume.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I really like Skye. There was an episode last season where she learned some truth about where she came from and didn't lose her shit over it. Then this episode, she absorbed some more info without going nuclear. I know it's small, but it feels so real and organic. So many shows have their characters go into histrionics about things that, if you really looked at them, aren't that big a deal. Skye's reaction to both episodes was so not "tv character" and that's the best thing.
    Epic fail!

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Skye's and Coulson's scene I loved how he flipped her anger and she did realize why he did what he did.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Yeah, but these are special fantasy fibers. The probably do all sorts of things for the skin.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Like the look they're giving Mockingbird
    Mockingbird.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    With Palicki being a movie star is it possible she's going to be in the movie side of the MCU?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I never realized how tall Adrianne Palicki was until this episode. Goddamn.

(Not a complaint.)

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    She is goddamn Wonder Woman tall, for reals. I was like, oh she dwarfs Simmons, but she's prolly pretty short. Nope, she towers over everyone on the show except Mack who, as we know, is like 8 feet of solid sexytimes muscle.

minor incident on
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Mockingbird.jpg

And look, sensible footwear!

• Options
    Practical reasons. If you put her in heels you'd have to start raising the ceilings and shooting the rest of the cast standing on milk crates, Tom Cruise-style.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    iguanacus wrote: »
    Mockingbird.jpg

Lesbian relationship confirmed?

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

(Not a complaint.)

I had the opposite reaction - I never realized how short the rest of the cast was!

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Mockingbird.jpg

Lesbian relationship confirmed?

She'll have to be patient. Errbody wants Simmons.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    it does crack me up how
    Fitz was having a "Stupid Sexy Mack" moment this episode

headSimmons was all "daaaaaaamn" and Fitz was like "this makes me uncomfortable, because you are my subconscious, which means...."

• Options
    Which means he's HUMAN. I mean daaaaamn, look at that guy.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Adrianne Palicki is 5'11".

swoon

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Wash wrote: »

(Not a complaint.)

I had the opposite reaction - I never realized how short the rest of the cast was!
    Delmain wrote: »

swoon

Yeah while obviously tall for a woman if she is really 5'11" the rest of the cast is just tiny people.

• Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    So about that episode
    Daddy = Maximus the Mad
    Writing = Map to Attilan
    Obelisk = Diviner = Way to find Inhumans among the general population
    ??

Actually I like one of the theories on Reddit that
    Dad = Mr. Hyde
    Skye = Daisy "Quake" Johnson

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

swoon

In my head, I've cast her as Forever from Lazurus.

Also, that hair flip was totally for Simmons' benefit.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    My only problem with Whitehall as a villain is that everytime he shows up on screen my immediate reaction os
    Julius wrote: »
    Wash wrote: »

(Not a complaint.)

swoon

Yeah while obviously tall for a woman if she is really 5'11" the rest of the cast is just tiny people.

5'11" but she was also probably in heels.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    She is goddamn Wonder Woman tall, for reals. I was like, oh she dwarfs Simmons, but she's prolly pretty short. Nope, she towers over everyone on the show except Mack who, as we know, is like 8 feet of solid sexytimes muscle.

She did actually play Wonder Woman in the doomed David Kelly pilot that never aired.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

She did actually play Wonder Woman in the doomed David Kelly pilot that never aired.

Which is what makes the invisible jet so perfect.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I wonder if Coulson has
    another mole inside Hydra. It's a bit strange that he didn't tell the military about the Hydra base as soon as Simmons got out.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Re-watching the Simmons/Morse scenes.
    Bobbi was no more than a few seconds behind Jemma, though being in field agent shape and having much longer legs than Simmons should be taken into account. Still, that's not a lot of time to fight down two armored mooks and Bakshir. Something going on there.

Also, when they get back to base (what's the name of the new base again? I will call it Android's Dungeon for the time being), Bobbi gives May this "'Sup?" look. I wonder if it's a badass field agent lady thing or if they have some sort of history. SHIELD must like fuckin' high school. Everybody knows everyone, except the nerds.

• Options
    I would imagine all the badass/elite Agents know each other.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    calling it now,
    bobbi morse is a quadruple agent

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I wonder if Coulson has
    another mole inside Hydra. It's a bit strange that he didn't tell the military about the Hydra base as soon as Simmons got out.
    Coulson doesn't have to tell anyone where the base is. Given HYDRA's love for putting their image everywhere they probably have a huge revolving sign out front and also have themselves marked on google maps.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Bobbi was no more than a few seconds behind Jemma, though being in field agent shape and having much longer legs than Simmons should be taken into account. Still, that's not a lot of time to fight down two armored mooks and Bakshir. Something going on there.

Also, when they get back to base (what's the name of the new base again? I will call it Android's Dungeon for the time being), Bobbi gives May this "'Sup?" look. I wonder if it's a badass field agent lady thing or if they have some sort of history. SHIELD must like fuckin' high school. Everybody knows everyone, except the nerds.

She realized the mistake of bringing
    sticks to a gunfight and decided to make a tactical withdrawal.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    good god that was a fucking good episode.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I would imagine all the badass/elite Agents know each other.

yeah like everyone knows who Black Widow is, if by repute if nothing else

• Options
    Well, I mean, you save New York and people will probably learn your name, if nothing else. Did the pilot feature Avengers action figures? Or am I imagining that?

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Well, I mean, you save New York and people will probably learn your name, if nothing else. Did the pilot feature Avengers action figures? Or am I imagining that?

Yes it did. I'm really liking Sky this season. she adds levity that the show needs form getting all grim dark.
    Sky's I'm an alien bit was great. so some reason it really cracked me up.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2014

The first point, at least, probably just boils down to It's a TV Show. Dramatic timing imposes certain realities.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Yeah, Skye is a lot better/more interesting this season.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Random thoughts:
    +1 to Coulson's "No deal.". Another flaw in Raina's plan was she was alone with no way to get out alive if they didn't want her to. So May just walks up "That file goes out, you die." and problem solved probably. Throw in helping her for the carrot. So she was doomed from the start.

I kind of hope she walks into the office first thing next episode. More tiny violins.

I really hope Skye doesn't cave with her attitude toward Ward.

I wonder if we'll get more to the Simmons/Fitz reunion. Maybe he'll keep poking her to check if she's real. Or we'll get both head-Simmons and real-Simmons!

BOO to any of the new characters being love interests. No damn triangles, thanks.

Mockingbird can have a passive-aggressive thing with Hunter, that can be the new romance plot if required.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Random thoughts:
    +1 to Coulson's "No deal.". Another flaw in Raina's plan was she was alone with no way to get out alive if they didn't want her to. So May just walks up "That file goes out, you die." and problem solved probably. Throw in helping her for the carrot. So she was doomed from the start.

I kind of hope she walks into the office first thing next episode. More tiny violins.

I wonder if we'll get more to the Simmons/Fitz reunion. Maybe he'll keep poking her to check if she's real. Or we'll get both head-Simmons and real-Simmons!

BOO to any of the new characters being love interests. No damn triangles, thanks.

Mockingbird can have a passive-aggressive thing with Hunter, that can be the new romance plot if required.
    For the first bit: she was dead anyway if she didn't get the obelisk, Whitehall basically promised as much.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I agree that there's probably something up with
    The lack of any fight with Bakshir.
    Although I'd like it if they just had a flashback scene where they had them realise that:
    a) they're armed and she's not
    b) she's smiling
    c) there's one of her and only three of them
    ...and they just retreat before she can reach them.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    I agree that there's probably something up with
    The lack of any fight with Bakshir.
    Although I'd like it if they just had a flashback scene where they had them realise that:
    a) they're armed and she's not
    b) she's smiling
    c) there's one of her and only three of them
    ...and they just retreat before she can reach them.

Re the lack of fight
    What I wanted was a two second long scene from above/behind her head where he just casually starts walking backwards and reaching in his coat for a gun while saying "more men" while the guards keep advancing while going for guns.

As it played out I don't think it's enough to infer she's going to be a Hydra plant at all but it's certainly a possibility. Which honestly part of me thinks was intentional.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Random thoughts:

For the first bit: she was dead anyway if she didn't get the obelisk, Whitehall basically promised as much.

Going to. If May demonstrated it be much more immediate she'd cave, her whole goal it to avoid it.

• Options
    Random thoughts:
    It looked to me like more of the issues were on Hunter's side than Mockingbird's, but that could just be the fact that she literally just survived a mission and she wasn't in whatever "mode" Hunter hates.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.