Options

urban [chat]

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Does the TLC still call itself the learning channel or is TLC just supposed to be an acronym that no longer means anything like SATs?

The second.

They ditched their last vestiges of educational programming over a decade ago.

And to think TLC used to show shit like Beakman's World.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    syndalis wrote: »
    Norwegian folks call them the nissen.

They are fucking with you.

In Scandinavian folklore they were little house spirits that eventually merged with the Santa Claus myth.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I fuckin' loved Beakman's World

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    This brown ale tastes like a stout

O_<

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    I fuckin' loved Beakman's World

That the one with the goth chick and the man in a rat costume?

• Options
    It was almost amazing to watch happen in real time.

The pebble that began the landslide?
    Trading Spaces

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Someone actually advocated for the 9/9/9 plan on the forums a few weeks ago.

When asked why, and do you have any math to show it feasible or good, the response was that he liked the sound of the numbers and thought they would market well...

Why does it seem like the people who want to talk politics the most are those with the worst ideas?

everyone is running for president

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

O_<

I'm not sure what that emoticon is suppose to be.

Popeye?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

When asked why, and do you have any math to show it feasible or good, the response was that he liked the sound of the numbers and thought they would market well...

Why does it seem like the people who want to talk politics the most are those with the worst ideas?

everyone is running for president

Ron Paul has brilliant ideas. GOLD!!!

• Options
    Alternately, people who say they want to talk politics with you in person actually just want a captive audience to legitimize their bad ideas by letting them be heard aloud.

Also, is it me or do all political diatribes begin with some variation on the phrase, "God, this country's going to hell, ain't it?"

No one ever opens with, "Gee, they just passed a bill that funded education for schoolchildren! Isn't our country awesome?"

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Alternately, people who say they want to talk politics with you in person actually just want a captive audience to legitimize their bad ideas by letting them be heard aloud.

Also, is it me or do all political diatribes begin with some variation on the phrase, "God, this country's going to hell, ain't it?"

No one ever opens with, "Gee, they just passed a bill that funded education for schoolchildren! Isn't our country awesome?"

if u lived in a cool country like finland it would just be "blwabdlwabdlwaen UMLAUT blwbalwbalwen PERKELE PERKELE" because finnish

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »

O_<

I'm not sure what that emoticon is suppose to be.

Popeye?

You know that feeling with you taste something that isn't what you thought it was, even though what it actually is doesn't taste bad?

Like, say, biting into mashed potatoes to find out it's actually ice cream.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

if u lived in a cool country like finland it would just be "blwabdlwabdlwaen UMLAUT blwbalwbalwen PERKELE PERKELE" because finnish

There is also Sweden. BORK BORK BORK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY_Yf4zz-yo

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

because talking politics is a bad idea

sig.gif
  • Options

Which is why no one ever argues politics in Finland.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Norwegian folks call them the nissen.

They are fucking with you.

In Scandinavian folklore they were little house spirits that eventually merged with the Santa Claus myth.

The Borrowers is a documentary.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular

They start off with how it's broken so that they can explain how they're the one who knows how to fix it. A lot of people think they're "The One", or that they oughta be.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Absolutely smashed last night. Still up before 8am and no hangover. Awesome.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options

because talking politics is a bad idea

but it shouldn't be, right?

it's bad because people don't really want to talk, they want to make asinine comments and seek validation

• Options

I think that's true of anyone who wants to bring it up out of the blue. Because why would you do that except to express an opinion really forcefully and to everyone, which seems to have an almost complete overlap with stupid opinions.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I got rad a new ipod last Christmas after her six year old one finally started dying.

A kid at the mall knocked it out of her hand while running around and its screen got smashed to bits.

She is p livid!

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    welp. I'm at the point in writing a fantasy story when I have to figure out how magic works

oh god this is the dorkiest thing I've ever had to do. I don't want to do it

...maybe I don't have to. there's got to be a way

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    welp. I'm at the point in writing a fantasy story when I have to figure out how magic works

Why do you need to figure out how magic works?

Can't it just... work?

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Maybe I should ask for an expensive video game for my bday?

Civ BE or gal civ 3 are tempting

As is the new lotor game

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

As is the new lotor game

I almost asked for this

http://www.muchadoaboutmutton.com/much-ado-about-mutton-book/

/old

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »

As is the new lotor game

I almost asked for this

/old

Ha ha who would ask for that you silly old

Goodness knows I never have

Yep

>>

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »

As is the new lotor game

I almost asked for this

/old

I really love lamb but I've eaten barely any mutton.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

Do whatever fits

I think most writers don't make magic weird enough

They tend to basically write it as a scientific pursuit - there are elements, runes, words of power, and doing certain things with them has predictable results and a cost/benefit aspect that can be reliably weighed. It feels like there should be more to it than that, or it should be unpredictably risky, in a flying kites in a thunderstorm kind of way.

Don't write it like it's an RPG system

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

No, it is hilarious!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Mario 3D World is a fucking masterclass in game design, god so good also music that is as good as the stuff from my childhood especially this piece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5M6cchp6lI

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

No, it is hilarious!

Look, I am Canadian.

i am obligated by law to promote Canadian performers in public...

But that is terrible.

• Options
    Related Video Roulette time! I'm in the mood for some rhythmic noise. And tea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAQGoTgw3Jk

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    ugh I really wish From Software's games relied less on memorizing level layouts and enemy placement and more on mechanics

they have a solid experience for fighting enemies, but this "lol there's an enemy that will drop behind you when you walk in this room" shit is annoying

also jumping segments and narrow pathway segments in the DS2 DLC: fuck off, controlling your dude's footsteps precisely is annoying and jumping can fuck right off (you have to hold B and run forward and PRESS DOWN on the analog stick to jump, it's janky as fuck)

override367 on
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

As is the new lotor game

The Shadow of Mordor game is really fun, but gets repetitive .

Civ BE probably has more longevity, but I'm currently enjoying it less than Civ 5

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    The Shadow of Mordor game is really fun, but gets repetitive .

Yeah. Sure, you get a bunch of new moves... but you're still doing what you did in the first fifteen minutes of the game for the whole game.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Guys sincerely the most bizarre thing happened.

I got a gift card from comcast the other day for $25. I'll use this to buy Ultra Street Fighter IV I said. I got home from work that night (I called the number and activated it that day) and it was GONE. I turned my apartment over twice. I cleaned off my coffee table, moved everything around, searched under the couch and in between cushions and in all my pockets in my pants, coats and sweatshirts. I looked in my kitchen and my bathroom, I looked in my strong box.

Two days later I bit the bullet and just bought Ultra anyways for something to do this weekend. I walked to my kitchen to put my dinner plate in the sink, and when I walked back over a saw sitting there in plain view on my coffee table that FUCKING gift card. It wasn't under anything. It wasn't obscured. The bright white activation sticker was still on it, making it impossible to miss.

What.

I have no idea where my fucking car keys are and have been using my backup set for like a week now

I came home from dinner Friday night and definitely had my glasses when I got into my room
    I remember taking them off to take off my makeup

Woke up the next morning and they were gone?
    Roommate and I cleaned the whole room and have not found them

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Shadow of Mordor is absolutely one of those "you have to make your own fun" games

This discussion has been closed.