Options

I Have A Cunning [Chat]!

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot @Rear Admiral Choco Wriggly now inherits the title of best [chat] kitty. See that he carries the title with the dignity, respect and adorableness it deserves.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Fallout 3 was so forgettable to me that I really only remember the very basics of the plot.

NV though, yeah that was a damn good story with solid gamplay to back it up.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    fallout 3 was so good IMO

i never beat new vegas cause i was burned out

Fallout 3 had this backwoods swamp DLC and it was amazing.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrZz2ej7daw

Holy shit, a Northern Irish comic went to Hollywood to see a Tyler The Creator show

he messaged him saying that he should come along to the open mic he was doing the night before and he actually did

this is excellent

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Huh, I get that Halo was a big deal to console players. But, I guess since I'd been master racing it up for years before then, it really didn't blow me away. Nowhere near the impact I felt Unreal Tournament had to FPS's.

Yeah, I have to say that I agree. "Shooter with a great story" had already been done with the Lucasarts star wars games, Hexen, Half-Life, and Outlaws. Unreal Tournament's modding and weapon variation was groundbreaking, Quake 2 was polished to a fine point, Counterstrike existed for the "realism" crowd. We'd already done Rise of the Triad, Heretic, Quake 1, and both Dooms before that...

It just never struck me as innovative, but I know it blew the console heads away.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot @Rear Admiral Choco Wriggly now inherits the title of best [chat] kitty. See that he carries the title with the dignity, respect and adorableness it deserves.

pffffff

it's like you don't even know harley!

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Driving a vehicle in Halo for the first time, all I could think was "what manner of sorcery?"

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    So I turned on the Concert for Valor thing last night for like 5 minutes. The song playing was Titanium (being covered by 3 female artists) which has the following chorus:
    I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
    Fire away, fire away
    Ricochet, you take your aim
    Fire away, fire away
    You shoot me down but I won't fall
    I am titanium
    You shoot me down but I won't fall
    I am titanium
    I am titanium
    I am titanium

Followed by a current hit that is both very dirty and has the following chorus
    Bang bang into the room (I know you want it)
    Bang bang all over you (I'll let you have it)
    Wait a minute let me take you there (ah)
    Wait a minute 'til ya (ah)
    Bang bang there goes your heart (I know you want it)
    Back, back seat of my car (I'll let you have it)
    Wait a minute let me take you there (ah)
    Wait a minute 'til ya (ah)

Again, this is the concert to celebrate fallen soldiers.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    TUNNEL SNAXE RULLLELEEEE

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    like I do not Tyler The Creator and I think he has some awful opinions

but doing that for a fan is absolutely wonderful of him

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    at our wedding reception we walked in to the Halo theme (the version that opened with the snazzy guitar riff)

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited November 2014
    spool32 wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Huh, I get that Halo was a big deal to console players. But, I guess since I'd been master racing it up for years before then, it really didn't blow me away. Nowhere near the impact I felt Unreal Tournament had to FPS's.

Yeah, I have to say that I agree. "Shooter with a great story" had already been done with the Lucasarts star wars games, Hexen, Half-Life, and Outlaws. Unreal Tournament's modding and weapon variation was groundbreaking, Quake 2 was polished to a fine point, Counterstrike existed for the "realism" crowd. We'd already done Rise of the Triad, Heretic, Quake 1, and both Dooms before that...

It just never struck me as innovative, but I know it blew the console heads away.

And every single company making a first person shooter since.

What is the last FPS you played that had a % based health pool, non regenerating shields, no meaningful melee attack, random non-skill-based matchmaking on servers you have to type the IP addy to get to...

Like, the simple truth is that even though Halo was a console shooter, it has had more impact on the genre than any other offering outside of id's (and sure, Valve. Half Life was legit).

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    at our wedding reception we walked in to the Halo theme (the version that opened with the snazzy guitar riff)

god how are you married and i'm not

NERDS NERDS NERDS

• Options

NERDS NERDS NERDS

*motions to crotch area*

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Trent nooooo ;-;

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

NERDS NERDS NERDS

Was this a rhetorical question or should I provide a list....

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    "Dread Pirate Arbuthnot" "Rear Admiral Choco" Wriggly now inherits the title of best [chat] kitty. See that he carries the title with the dignity, respect and adorableness it deserves.

pffffff

it's like you don't even know harley!

Maybe I would if you ever posted cute cat photos.

Stop hoarding them. >:[

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Vehicles in Halo were a big deal, I recall. No other FPS had really put in an effort to have vehicles, let alone vehicles in huge open spaces, let alone multiplayer with vehicles. They were ENORMOUSLY fun, and the kind of devs who saw a warthog jeep fishtailing wildly and bouncing like a ball and hurtling over gentle hills into the air and thought "this is PERFECT KEEP IT IN" were clearly present in many other aspects of the design process

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

NERDS NERDS NERDS

huge "gamerscore"(tm)
    1.51 destiny kd
    loves vodka and cats

i am a catch!

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPosyoh_mgw

probably the only wilco song i've liked from their last albums

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

NERDS NERDS NERDS

because u have no idea what the ladies want*

*what they want is the halo theme

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

NERDS NERDS NERDS

huge "gamerscore"(tm)
    1.51 destiny kd
    loves vodka and cats

i am a catch!

So is herpes

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I was sad that the city of Las Vegas was so shitty in Fallout

I expected a lot more than the scrub tier mission hub it provided

• Options
    does destiny have a hidden MMR for pvp so you don't keep fighting scrubs?

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    what

nobody loves vodka

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Vehicles in Halo were a big deal, I recall. No other FPS had really put in an effort to have vehicles, let alone vehicles in huge open spaces, let alone multiplayer with vehicles. They were ENORMOUSLY fun, and the kind of devs who saw a warthog jeep fishtailing wildly and bouncing like a ball and hurtling over gentle hills into the air and thought "this is PERFECT KEEP IT IN" were clearly present in many other aspects of the design process

the halo 1 warthog was the most lethal thing

1. holy shit did it slide

2. it killed you if it touched you gently at any speed

we killed each other so, so much in coop with the warthog

(and just generally)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

I played Rumble for the first time. Won, with my highest number of kills in a pvp match. It's pretty fun.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

i have no idea because all r scrubs b4 castle

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus

i picked up the bad juju bounty so i'll need to do some crucible sooner or later

will have to run the 25 flawless strikes or whatever first tho

we raiding tonight?

@elki @desc‌ @The Green Eyed Monster@OnTheLastCastle‌ ?

probably will try to look for someone besides that achilles dude

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Tyler the creator threw the most bizarre twitter tantrum over the new U2 album it was amazing

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    hey jump i- oh fuck

on the other hand sliding that bitch into a shitload of enemies was always, always fun

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    haha, poor achilles

• Options
    I like vodka

it gets me drunk and it's honest about it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    how tall is TOO tall

like 6'?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    hey jump i- oh fuck

on the other hand sliding that bitch into a shitload of enemies was always, always fun

The end of the first "real" mission of Halo 1 was basically fishtailing that warthog over all the grunts and jackals forever and always. So much fun.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

i have no idea because all r scrubs b4 castle

we shall see

send me an invite next time you pvp

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus

i think it does, but it takes a while to kick off

when i started pvp i was routinely getting my face pushed in the mud with like a 1/5 kdr

then after playing a while i was pretty consistently at or about 1

part of it was that i got better and learned the maps, but also i think the matchmaking started kicking in

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

the halo 1 warthog was the most lethal thing

1. holy shit did it slide

2. it killed you if it touched you gently at any speed

we killed each other so, so much in coop with the warthog

(and just generally)

Played a game against my brother where you were only allowed to run each other over. Basically you smashed into each other til someone's vehicle flipped and then ran over them while they tried to turn it back over and get back in. He got really shitty once when I used the tank gun to flip a warthog 20m through the air onto him. Was a fair kill as far as I'm concerned.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

This discussion has been closed.