skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    skippy those pics of you and sawyer wanting to be a babby adorb

: D

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    house training this puppy is a drag

we have an accident inside every day (although today he peed on the puppy pad, so that's an improvement i guess) and i cant tell if he gets it yet

he is ~4 months old, and in my experience they ought to understand by now

then again he has been with fosters so there's no telling what they've been teaching (or not teaching) him

ie. the entire reason we have puppy pads is because his previous foster used them with him, which i am not a fan of :/

you shouldn't need pads in texas. Like, you have a lawn and a backyard and stuff, right?

Just do the crate training and all is well.

Pads are good for tiny dogs who can't take the cold of the city without dying and need a place to do their business.

yeah exactly

i think he is used to pads because his foster was lazy and didnt want to take him out :/

house training this puppy is a drag

we have an accident inside every day (although today he peed on the puppy pad, so that's an improvement i guess) and i cant tell if he gets it yet

he is ~4 months old, and in my experience they ought to understand by now

then again he has been with fosters so there's no telling what they've been teaching (or not teaching) him

ie. the entire reason we have puppy pads is because his previous foster used them with him, which i am not a fan of :/

are you praising him and giving him treats every time he goes outside

and taking him out every hour or two to try

yeah but we have had a few incidences where we have taken him out and got nothing, then take him in and he goes right on the floor

we have never crate trained a dog before so we are trying it with this guy. he generally barks and whines for 5-10 minutes after being put in and then quiets down...i assume that will go away once he gets more and more used to the crate?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Deebaser wrote: »
    no 1 will love me because i am short

i will be shunned 4ever

fak u all

Dating is pretty much hiring w/ sex

everything about hiring is terrible

shaz I am p tall (6.2)

instead of getting with a tall lady I purposefully reduce the pool of possibles for you by marrying someone who is 5.4

Leave our women alone! No mixing of the races.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I have only dated short girls

oh my, so tall, they say

they always have to look up so you don't even really need to wear shoes on dates

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    looks are p. important

which is why I am going to go find love at the centre for the blind

it's easier to bump into someone and engineer a meet cute when they can't see you there

I cannot do what a man in a c-lo hat would do

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    yeah but we have had a few incidences where we have taken him out and got nothing, then take him in and he goes right on the floor

GOOEY I REALLY HAVE TO GO WHINE WHINE

TAKE ME BACK INSIDE SO I CAN PIDDLE

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    get rekt short dudes I am waging a war of northern aggression against you

eh. didn't seem tall to me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @syndalis - What do you think of these posts:
    One thing that still bothers me is why a change in graphics (that's really what the move from 2d to 3d represents) had to cause such a huge shift in gameplay. Doom and Duke3d are actually 3d games in terms of gameplay, but basically 2d in terms of graphics. The game play progression to a 3d game like Quake was not jarring. It was just the same type of game, using polygons instead of sprites. But mario 64 is a COMPLETELY different game from all prior Marios. Its a great game in its own right, but its not really a "mario" game in terms of gameplay to me, in the way that Quake remained an FPS in the vein of Doom and Duke3d.

Also, I really disagree with all the rose colored glasses allegations that get thrown around whenever someone says that old games are better than new games. If the game play changes from generation to generation and you preferred the old game play, it is not rose colored glasses to say that the old games were better. I think SMB3 is a better game than Mario 64. No question at all. I don't think that preferring 2d platforming over 3d platforming means I have rose colored glasses on. It just means that I prefer one type of game to another, and the existence of a "new" type of gameplay does not obsolete the old one.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    TIL the most recent korra bits were written by icelanders

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Also I get super weird about multiplayer. I always feel like I'm playing at a different pace then everybody else and a lot of the time I just want to play a game without worrying about other people, or am I letting the team down because I have to leave abruptly for RL stuff.

I want to play an online multi team based game where there are always a fixed number of players with bots picking up the empty spots, but you can't tell who is a bot or a player and you can jump in and out freely. And there would be no voice chat.

Spoiler: They're all bots

I once accidentally joined a game of UT where there were no actual players. Just bots. I thought I was having the best game of my life.

Can confirm. Have done.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    skippy those pics of you and sawyer wanting to be a babby adorb

: D

but i kno u will never truly luv me cuz i am short

poo
  • Options

yeah I am p sure that is a joke for vine, not harassment of some random lady on the street

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2014
    Also I get super weird about multiplayer. I always feel like I'm playing at a different pace then everybody else and a lot of the time I just want to play a game without worrying about other people, or am I letting the team down because I have to leave abruptly for RL stuff.

I want to play an online multi team based game where there are always a fixed number of players with bots picking up the empty spots, but you can't tell who is a bot or a player and you can jump in and out freely. And there would be no voice chat.

Spoiler: They're all bots

I once accidentally joined a game of UT where there were no actual players. Just bots. I thought I was having the best game of my life.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/10/04/i-swear-to-god

Edit: wrong comic

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Our dogs are crate trained but we tend to use it sparingly. Partially since my mom is home almost all day being retired.

But really getting those key words and body language things for telling the dog this is bathroom time is really helpful.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    get rekt short dudes I am waging a war of northern aggression against you

eh. didn't seem tall to me.

: O

I come to your home

I try to conceal my inherent vertical superiority out of respect

and this is how you repay me

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    I am doing a new bit tonight about an awkward subject matter and I hope it is as well written as I think it is

It could be awful

"so why do they call it the holocaust, I'd say the cost was fairly-- oh god, please stop throwing your empties, the glass is in my--"

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I don't think any genre of video game ever becomes dead, really. Text adventures and point and clicks are enjoying a renaissance right now, and it is not just nostalgia driven old people who are buying/playing them. Maybe fuckin' Gyromite or Tapper will never see a successor, but I wouldn't count any genre as dead, especially when a lot of old games are being remade on the massive mobile/tablet market.

I suspect that a variation of light gun games will hit it really big once AR or VR ever takes off (if they ever).

Fair enough, but there have been periods of years where what were once prominent genres just vanished.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    syndalis - What do you think of these posts:
    One thing that still bothers me is why a change in graphics (that's really what the move from 2d to 3d represents) had to cause such a huge shift in gameplay. Doom and Duke3d are actually 3d games in terms of gameplay, but basically 2d in terms of graphics. The game play progression to a 3d game like Quake was not jarring. It was just the same type of game, using polygons instead of sprites. But mario 64 is a COMPLETELY different game from all prior Marios. Its a great game in its own right, but its not really a "mario" game in terms of gameplay to me, in the way that Quake remained an FPS in the vein of Doom and Duke3d.

Also, I really disagree with all the rose colored glasses allegations that get thrown around whenever someone says that old games are better than new games. If the game play changes from generation to generation and you preferred the old game play, it is not rose colored glasses to say that the old games were better. I think SMB3 is a better game than Mario 64. No question at all. I don't think that preferring 2d platforming over 3d platforming means I have rose colored glasses on. It just means that I prefer one type of game to another, and the existence of a "new" type of gameplay does not obsolete the old one.

what would you think of mario64 if all the levels were like the bowser levels and stars were optional

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Leave our women alone! No mixing of the races.

WHERE THE SHORT WOMEN AT

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The Europeans beat America to the punch today? First man-made doodad on a comet?

I am filled with irrational jealousy.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    I was really surprised how much smaller the U.S. seems to be on average.

• Options
    I am doing a new bit tonight about an awkward subject matter and I hope it is as well written as I think it is

It could be awful

If no one laughs, then the whole set becomes on big joke about awkwardness. You win no matter what. Well played.

• Options
    I am taller than both my parents!

Mum is like 5'2" Padre is 5'10"

I ended up 6'1"ish.

I dunno!

Take that, TTO!

• Options

yeah I am p sure that is a joke for vine, not harassment of some random lady on the street

well of course it is, a guy in a c-lo hat wouldn't try that shit on a woman who's clearly awake

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

If it's a joke, I don't get it.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

If it's a joke, I don't get it.

he is pretending to be blind so that she won't be mad that he ran up on her donk like that

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

It could be awful

If no one laughs, then the whole set becomes on big joke about awkwardness. You win no matter what. Well played.

This isn't how it works.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    kaleedity wrote: »

what would you think of mario64 if all the levels were like the bowser levels and stars were optional

Its still different from 2d platformers because the z axis still exists and provides basically infinite options for approaching any situation.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not saying this is a problem. They are just different genres of games.

spacekungfuman on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    Elki wrote: »
    @Irond Will‌ tentatively in for raiding tonight. Earlier = better.

@elki cool. i think that @desc said he was in. my buddy john/ derketo is in. justin is probably in. we can get @OnTheLastCastle‌ for the first half maybe. haven't heard from tieg but he might do it. i should have a few others i can invite if we come up short.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Huh, just had an interesting little conversation with one of my logistics guys.

"So, you've had me putting in quite a few FedEx loads lately."

"Yep. And more to come too."

"It says high value electronics we're shipping. Should I put something specific for the manifests?"

"Not really. It's just games and stuff. You know, those box things...like Atari."

O_o

"I...am a gamer and Atari is ooooold school."

"Well you know what I mean. Those X things and what not."

"Xbox Ones and Playstation 4's?"

"Yeah, those. And a bunch of new releases I guess."

"God I wish I could be there if a pallet fell off a truck."

"We actually had one but returned it last week, you know that load we shipped to BC."

"FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    gooby if your puppy only cries in the crate for 5-10 mins, you're way ahead of the curve

things are gonna work out

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Chanus wrote: »
    gooby if your puppy only cries in the crate for 5-10 mins, you're way ahead of the curve

Crate training really bothers me
    but this may be because I've always had big dogs and the idea of trying to keep an akita in a box for long periods of time is upsetting

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    we tried crate training our little dog

she chewed through the plastic on the first one and got

then we got an all metal one and she undid the clasps and got out

then we put a carribeaner on the clasps and she chewed through the carribeaner, undid the clasps, and got out

so then we said ok you win and eventually she stopped destroying the apartment while we were gone (but not before destroying the carpet in a desperate attempt to dig under the front door and come find us)

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    I hope some of you dudes get into heroes of the storm when it goes beta

if you like the aram style of play (faster, more team fights, shorter game length, less focus on laning) I think you'll like this

I have been playing it a lot the past few days

@LoserForHireX‌ @spool32‌ @Robes‌ @Roz‌ @Organichu‌ @cptrugged‌ @PotatoNinja‌ @Goumindong‌ @Moridin889‌

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

but this may be because I've always had big dogs and the idea of trying to keep an akita in a box for long periods of time is upsetting

well, if you do it right, it's more like having an indoor doghouse where puppy likes to go to sleep

it can be pretty heartbreaking to get to that point, though

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

There is a difference between preferring old games to new games and believing that old games are better.

Not really.

"Better" is a wholly subjective word. I do, in fact, think a good number of old games are better than a good number of new games. That kind of goes along with preferring some older games to some newer ones.

I think a blanket preference for older games is insane but I don't think its semantically different from saying that older games are "better".

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    @syndalis - What do you think of these posts:

I 98% agree with this (the 2% is over whether SMB3 or 64 is better).

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2014

dogs generally respond well to it, especially for training. it's like a little cave for them.

my dogs spend pretty much the whole day i'm at work lounging and sleeping on the couch. when they were pups they were happy to lounge and sleep in their boxes. the young one really liked his crate - he would just go in when he wanted some peace.

the only reason we got rid of the crates was because our place is tiny and it was valuable real estate.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I think that Mario 64 is a completely different genre of games from the side scrollers. I also think it was a master class in how to use what they had available to them at the time graphically. The simple, punchy pallet and simple characters and sparse enemies looks great. I still prefer playing the side scrollers, though, and I feel like the recent ones on the DS and Wii U are fantastic and superior games to the NES versions, even if the NES versions mean more to me.

"Rose colored glasses" are when your fondness for the place and time in which you experienced the game supersedes the relative quality of the game.

I fucking love Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within. Great story, way ahead of its time.... but an FMV game with some less than stellar acting and some busted-assed backgrounds. The film was also shot with scanlines and then compressed with the best technology 1996 or so had on offer. The end result is not visually pleasing, but to me its beautiful all the same and I look past the warts for the good stuff.

I cannot in good conscience say that Baldur's Gate 2 looks better than Mass Effect 3 or Dragon Age 2 in any aspect whatsoever. Like, full stop, those games are beautiful in every way. BG2 had a style that was cohesive for the time and the backdrops still hold up, but looking at two screeenshots of typical in-game locales, the only reason anyone would every think that BG2 looks better is because they enjoyed that game more back when it was new and amazing.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

still p gross imo

This discussion has been closed.