Options

Choose Your Own [Conspiracy Theories]

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    here's one i overheard in the pub last night. apparently MI5(or MI6, the gentleman couldn't seem to make up his mind which) are all set to fix next months referendum on Scottish independence, and have in fact already altered the outcome of elections all over the UK, most notably Glenrothes in 2012. i do wonder if, seeing as the result is pre-determined, the individual will decide its not really worth voting and stay home on the day?

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    here's one i overheard in the pub last night. apparently MI5(or MI6, the gentleman couldn't seem to make up his mind which) are all set to fix next months referendum on Scottish independence, and have in fact already altered the outcome of elections all over the UK, most notably Glenrothes in 2012. i do wonder if, seeing as the result is pre-determined, the individual will decide its not really worth voting and stay home on the day?

If I wanted to try and sway a vote appealing to crazies that I've already rigged it would probably be pretty effective.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Read a really compelling conspiracy theory re: JFK - that he was accidentally shot by a hungover Secret Service agent reacting to the first shot. Ticks all the right conspiracy theory boxes of being just plausible enough and also totally unverifiable. Guess it originates from a book in 1992, but I'm only just seeing it, most pages on it are from late 2013.

The downside of course is that it singles out a particular man to accuse, and it sucks to think there must be a few thousand folks who really believe the theory.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    knight11eknight11e Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So here's a fun new conspiracy theory from noted lunatic Alex Jones:

Salon: Alex Jones: Obama is enlisting refugees into a secret army of child soldiers!
    “That’s like the African child slave soldiers,” Jones said during his radio show on Tuesday, responding to his guest William Gheen’s theory that the children at the border are willing tools of the despotic Obama because they crave “Obamaphones” and want to sign up for Obamacare.

“That’s how all those African countries are run, is off of poor kids,” Jones continued. “[T]hey grab [poor kids] at 12 and give a machine gun. Obama talks about his national security force, just as big, just as strong as our military. It’s so bold, but when you look at it, they really are doing that.”

things like this are why this is the best thread on the forum, hands down

knight11e on
  • Options
    DipstickDipstick Registered User regular
    So DARPA, ARPA back then created the Internet. Then they created torrenting. Why? To unleash the US culture bomb on the world! With Big Bang Theory streaming into every mud hut and chateau across the planet.

They are much less likely to attack us when they are us.

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    I'm one of the biggest peace-mongers I know, but if you told me that I could join a military or terrorist group that would fight a war against the Big Bang Theory I would sign up tomorrow.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Dipstick wrote: »
    So DARPA, ARPA back then created the Internet. Then they created torrenting. Why? To unleash the US culture bomb on the world! With Big Bang Theory streaming into every mud hut and chateau across the planet.

Their evil knows no bounds.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Dipstick wrote: »

So the DMCA is treasonous?

I can live with that.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bntfUA6TmLs

I don't know why I find this one funny, I just do.

Maybe it's because if Satan were real and needed to find a way into the Christian home, he might find a better way of doing it than on a Monster energy drink can.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    If I ran the PR department of Monster, I would be running with this. Just own it.

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Ah Christ, I thought this shit died out with Tipper Gore leaving the White House.

• Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    I am just the worst sort of person.

I work in IT. One of the employees in my support group is a consummate 9-11 Truther. I can't stand these people in any way whatsoever. I have, however, found that the quickest way to dispatch these people is to enable them, which again, is just, the worst.

Her> "My computer is making noises."
    Me: "Is it coming from the speakers, or does it sound like it's coming from the tower, like a fan or the motherboard?"
    Her> "No no, I mean, I can hear buzzing. You know they found nano-technology recently in the wreckage of the two towers?"
    Me-with-straight-face: *Looks left suspiciously, looks right* "Shh, they're listening. Not here, later, where they can't hear us."
    Her> *Scurries off*
    Me: *Sips my coffee*

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    "Monster Energy Drink: Literally Satan"

Come on, the marketing writes itself.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I recently found out my cousin, who I love like a brother, has gotten into conspiracy stuff.

He was over visiting the other day and said something like "Do you guys get a lot of chemtrails around here?"

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Someone is taking Sunset Overdrive a little too seriously.

It's just a game, lady. Chill out

• Options
    LucidLucid Registered User regular

Maybe it's because if Satan were real and needed to find a way into the Christian home, he might find a better way of doing it than on a Monster energy drink can.

I noped as soon as I heard 'so you go into Hebrew...'

• Options
    knight11eknight11e Registered User regular

This makes sense. Jesus was always more of a RedBull guy anyway.

• Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    I'm just always smitten when Non-Jewish White people start talking about Hebrew.

As if you know a thing about Hebrew.

"Hey guys, my great-great Grandmother was full-blood Native American Algonquin, now hold on a moment while I talk with factual authority about the Navajo language that I don't even speak."

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    knight11e wrote: »

I always figured the angels were more into Red Bull.

Y'know, wings and all.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I need to find that Cracked article on believable conspiracy theories.

Like the only one I remember is that the reason Kurt Coban committed suicide was because he play guitar left handed. Goes into the theory that he had back problems throughout his life and that even while on heroin he was still feeling constant pain.

The idea that the constant pressure of the guitar's weight throughout his career cause his spinal condition to worsen since his spine was already heading to the right so if he played right handed (and there are a few left handed people that play right handed) with the weight on his left shoulder, it might have actually balanced out.

Edit: Or it may go deeper than that...
    The Robutt knows....

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Monster isn't Satan. It is, however, the Beast of Satan

"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
    beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
    beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and
    sixty six."
    -Revelation 12:12

Monster's calorie count is 99.9.
    Upside down that is SIX SIX SIX!
    Coincidence? I think not.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    knight11e wrote: »

I always figured the angels were more into Red Bull.

Y'know, wings and all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpcq6DJ0idE
    Heh, top comment :)

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Following that video down into the deep crazy that is YouTube conspiracy videos led me to this gem of nonsensical and made up connections.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-setoH6PZG0

Whitney Houston was killed by Niki Manaj so the Illuminati could elect a new Pope. Or something.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Following that video Downloadern into the deep crazy that is YouTube conspiracy videos led me to this gem of nonsensical and made up connections.

Whitney Houston was killed by Niki Manaj so the Illuminati could elect a new Pope. Or something.

what the fuck did i just watch??

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    All that work and not even an attempt at proper grammar. I liked the music though.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Following that video Downloadern into the deep crazy that is YouTube conspiracy videos led me to this gem of nonsensical and made up connections.

its not wrong

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    All that work and not even an attempt at proper grammar. I liked the music though.

Grammar is generally not the strong suit of those this disconnected with reality.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options

Grammar is generally not the strong suit of those this disconnected with reality.

I guess you're right. If I made a fake one myself, I'd end up doing the bad grammar just to make it more believable.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    So, the Business Plot. Real or not? Anybody know enough about this to make a verdict?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    So, the Business Plot. Real or not? Anybody know enough about this to make a verdict?

Maybe tell us more than the name of it?

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Apparently the Business Plot was an attempt to overthrow FDR as revenge for getting rid of the gold standard and stuff.

I tell ya, any time the gold standard is involved there are just conspiracies within conspiracies. The One Ring may as well have been forged out of plain old regular gold given the effect the stuff has on people.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Gold has actually depreciated in value quite a bit recently. All those advertisements about selling your gold? It's rich folk trying to snap it up while it's down in price.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Fascist coup instigated by Prescott Bush and other Wall Street types to install General Smedley Butler as dictator of the USA.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Botznoy wrote: »

Salon: Alex Jones: Obama is enlisting refugees into a secret army of child soldiers!
    “That’s like the African child slave soldiers,” Jones said during his radio show on Tuesday, responding to his guest William Gheen’s theory that the children at the border are willing tools of the despotic Obama because they crave “Obamaphones” and want to sign up for Obamacare.

“That’s how all those African countries are run, is off of poor kids,” Jones continued. “[T]hey grab [poor kids] at 12 and give a machine gun. Obama talks about his national security force, just as big, just as strong as our military. It’s so bold, but when you look at it, they really are doing that.”

Obama confirmed to be Solidus Snake.

That means there's a White Obama with Blonde hair out there.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knXtf-hjT4s

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

It was real they just didn't have enough proof to convict anyone.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Botznoy wrote: »

Obama confirmed to be Solidus Snake.

That means there's a White Obama with Blonde hair out there.

Is he the Kenyan one?

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular

It was real they just didn't have enough proof to convict anyone.

General Butler was not a good choice for them.
    "My interest is, my one hobby is, maintaining a democracy. If you get these 500,000 soldiers advocating anything smelling of Fascism, I am going to get 500,000 more and lick the hell out of you, and we will have a real war right at home."

• Options
    ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular

Why is she trying to wrangle the Ø as a cross when there's a perfectly serviceable T right there?

This discussion has been closed.