As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread from last year....

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I kind of got the urge to hop back in... but my Squeenix authenticator got reset and for whatever reason I didn't write down the emergency reset password. The support site is a Kafkaesque circle of self-referring links that want me to log in to my account before they can help me so I can log in to my account. :?

The emergency password would just be the automated method... at this point it's probably best to directly contact support and hope they get back to you quickly.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2014
    Takel wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    I kind of got the urge to hop back in... but my Squeenix authenticator got reset and for whatever reason I didn't write down the emergency reset password. The support site is a Kafkaesque circle of self-referring links that want me to log in to my account before they can help me so I can log in to my account. :?

The emergency password would just be the automated method... at this point it's probably best to directly contact support and hope they get back to you quickly.
    You need to be logged in to your Square Enix Account in order to proceed.

Weeeeeee.

edit: yay, picking a different support category actually lets me contact them without having to log in.

Echo on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Echo, are you planning to play on US servers or EU servers?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2014
    I have a dude on Sargatanas. So I dunno yet.

Echo on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Just thought of another pair of legendary books that Square might use, though they're not quite as cool.

The Gran Grimoire and the Grimoire of the Rift, from Tactics Advance and A2.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Spoony.

mcJrKhd.png

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    So spoony.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2014
    A lot of people probably haven't seen it:

ZCPQJp.jpg

Painting by LewieP's mum.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    EmzedohEmzedoh Registered User regular
    Posting my new glamour set.

YVJmt3A.jpg

Completed after only a weekend of grinding! Somehow, I expected to suffer a bit more for this.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Punching Twintania last night was pretty fun and pretty hilarious.

Also, I'd like to congratulate Ale for making Praetorium fun with last night's Ultima Weapon rave.

• Options
    So, regarding switching Grand Companies.

I'm currently maxed with the Flames. If I change to say the Maelstrom, I'm assuming all the seals and stuff with the Flames stays but I can't get any more, right?

Does it cost anything to switch? (Both from Flames to Maelstrom, and back.)

Can I still purchase things from the Flames even if I'm currently with the Maelstrom?

Just considering it since I am almost capped with the Flames and don't really need to buy anything. Unless someone has any suggestions?

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Everything regarding the flames will be shelved. It will all still be there if you go back to it but while you are another grand company it is locked away.

You start completely over with the new GC. The flames will not give you the time of day.

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So, regarding switching Grand Companies.

I'm currently maxed with the Flames. If I change to say the Maelstrom, I'm assuming all the seals and stuff with the Flames stays but I can't get any more, right?

Does it cost anything to switch? (Both from Flames to Maelstrom, and back.)

Can I still purchase things from the Flames even if I'm currently with the Maelstrom?

Just considering it since I am almost capped with the Flames and don't really need to buy anything. Unless someone has any suggestions?

I just got done moving through the three GCs for the six minions and all the bardings. It doesn't cost anything and all your ranks, points, weapons/armor (though you can't use them) are still there when/if you decide to go back. You do have to spend 15 days with whichever company you go to though before moving on to another.

Esh on
  • Options
    Oh, good point. Forgot about the gear part. Hm.

If you use GC gear to glamour something, does that something's glamour stay when you switch?

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Since the server was down and I was reading a post on the DRG rotation, I felt like making a visual representation of how I have my gamepad set up.

zUsJMgn.png

Basically, at the start of a fight, each dpad or face button is pressed twice, once for each trigger.

RT+B, LT+B
    RT+A, LT+A
    RT+X, LT+X
    RT+Y, LT+Y

(same with d-pad)

After that it's all standard GCD rotation and buff/debuff maintenance. Everything not on this image (LB, AOEs, etc) is on LT>RT or RT>LT, since they're situational.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    These server crashes are delicious tonight

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Greg USN wrote: »

Ugh, I haven't been able to log back in since crashing.

• Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular

Yeah, looks like some seriously bad server issues. I guess the net is shitting itself.

I figure it is only a matter of time before they figure it out.

• Options
    Oh, good point. Forgot about the gear part. Hm.

If you use GC gear to glamour something, does that something's glamour stay when you switch?

Nope.

• Options
    Fonjo wrote: »

Yeah, looks like some seriously bad server issues. I guess the net is shitting itself.

I heard it's something in Montreal. Nothing on Squeenix's end.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Esh wrote: »
    Fonjo wrote: »

I heard it's something in Montreal. Nothing on Squeenix's end.

Yeah it's one of Level3's data nodes that's having the issue supposedly. From my understanding Level3 is pretty horrible all around and a major cause of a lot of the network woes.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    So, thank you GHOSTs for trying to get me broken into Crystal Tower last night. Sadly, didn't happen, and while I was looking forward to trying ST this Tuesday, could we maybe do CT that night instead?

Maybe ST right after, depending on what I have to do to unlock it. /shrug

It'd be around 9pm Pacific or so, depending.

Also, I have all these animal parts from leveling (sinews, meat, eyes, wings, etc.)- should I bother trying to sell them on the AH or just NPC them? I'm guessing some of these are used in crafting but I haven't even looked at that yet.

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    @ringswraith‌ there's a group of players forming (already formed?) called Caspers, which is a super cool and elite unit of GHOST dedicated to helping fellow FC-mates through content. I'm not sure how structured it is (yet), but hopefully soon we'll be able to efficiently run people through any content that's blocking their progress, e.g. CT. Tuesday sucks for me (Mon/Tues is for Pantry Raiding), but feel free to message me and I can help you through CT later this week.

Chubby Bunny on
    Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    What happened to Learning Hour? Sounds similar.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Riokenn wrote: »
    What happened to Learning Hour? Sounds similar.

The two are being combined for the most part. Sort of a reboot of the concept and helping to flesh it out with new talent and integrate it more properly into the FC for a bit more recognition.

The concept is sort of two fold, there will be days for teaching more difficult content and days for getting clears for people on older content. Or any mix of the two. A lot of it is dependent on filling out the ranks of Caspers who want to help out with such things though so we're still working on that part.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind helping with getting other FC members through endgame content. It's just that, well...I've been slacking on that myself. I'm more than happy to help with CT/ST/T1-4/the EX fights I know.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Oh, that sounds really good. Thanks! :) Looking forward to it.

What about my question re: all the animal parts? At the moment they're clogging up my retainer's inventory so I'd like to know what best to do with them.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    If you are not chomping at the bit to craft, go to each of them and put them up for auction.

Before confirming, hit the price history button (near the top of the frame) to determine current prices and how often they sell.

If those factors make it worth your while to list them, go ahead and confirm. If not, sell at a merchant/destroy.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    If you're into crafting use the ones ya need. Otherwise just sell em. I've been hording all the HQ items I've come across while leveling three jobs and all it's been doing is sitting in my inventory taking up space.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Oh, that sounds really good. Thanks! :) Looking forward to it.

What about my question re: all the animal parts? At the moment they're clogging up my retainer's inventory so I'd like to know what best to do with them.

The regular Animal Skins, Animal Hides, Animal Sinew, and Beast Sinew are basically vendor trash if you aren't immediately going to jump into leatherworking, as they can be purchased from materials vendors. The rest of them might fetch something at auction depending on what type and if they are HQ.
    edit: Added capitalization to clarify I was talking about items with those specific names.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ah, good to know. Guess I'll have to sit there and sift through what I have. Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to ask- does your retainer have to be @ level 50 before they start giving you dyes from quick ventures?

ringswraith on
  • Options
    Ah, good to know. Guess I'll have to sit there and sift through what I have. Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to ask- does your retainer have to be @ level 50 before they start giving you dyes from quick ventures?

I am almost 100% positive.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Not only that, they have to be a high enough ilvl as well.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    They can give you random crappy dyes before that though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So, @Corehealer‌ has a few school commitments coming up with the end of the semester on the horizon. After talking with him, it seems Pantry Raiders is in the market for another Warrior, at least until the holidays. (EDIT - Core isn't leaving the group permanently)

We raid Monday and Tuesday nights, 7-11pm EST (we don't use the whole window, but keep it reserved). We are currently about to start Turn 7. All of us (including Core) are very well geared and are coordinated enough to clear T6 reliably. PM me or /tell me in game if you're interested.

If you are not a Warrior but think you're SCoB/FCoB static material, several of us are flexible in what we play and can try work you in. We'd really like a Warrior though.

Chubby Bunny on
    Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Join them, they are great people.

Hopefully school can stop kicking my ass sooner rather then later but it's all good.

488W936.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Just a heads up - there's someone named Suiemoto Yuuki that's going around trying to join big FCs to clean out their company chests. I know members can only access the first slot, but forewarned is forearmed and such. Since players can now change their names, we may want to double check new applicants by their ID numbers. Yuuki's ID is 9047133.
    Son Gohan's ID is 1448711, not that I think he has any interest in returning

• Options
    I was going to make a joke about that finally being a way to get rid of all the crab minions, but we haven't had that problem in months.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I have put several in there recently to be funny.

• Options
    Crab minions? Is that the one from fighting Cancer?

This discussion has been closed.