As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MSPA|Homestuck] Get back to work, Zay.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    @T4CT whats your theory on ongoings in homestuck where you are at

And how do you feel about the theory that they are all nerds

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular

like, where luke and I have recorded up to?

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I looked it up and apparently it's both

Like yes you might have to die, but it isn't enough for you to just die, you also have to do something seemingly crazy.

So it might be not just about your own mortality but also trusting that something can work out for the greater good? But Caliborn's case kind of messes with that on both counts. The denizens are super mysterious and i really want to see what John's says to him already!

• Options
    T4CT wrote: »

Si

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    for the record we recorded a bunch this past weekend

we got up to the part where Terezi GC is guiding John to the 8th Gate and Dave is about to enter the game

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I know this isn't what homestuck is about, but the game mysticism is engrossing me a hell of a lot more than the meta plot with Caliborn

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I think that Caliborn's deal and the game mysticism are linked more than is currently apparent

Remember that he's still a player, given his powers to threaten existence by SBURB, for reasons yet unknown.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I think we have had little enough experience with Denizens that anything can happen really.

Besides, I think John might be able to beat up a Denizen now anyway. He has fought and survived against Bec Noir and Caliborn so I think his badassitude is pretty much up there.

But I wasn't thinking about the details. I just think thats the outcome. I kind of think him becoming dead but doing shit is kind of a cop out, and dead characters being so relevant is getting a little out of control at this point anyway.

Then again, its Homestuck.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    you don't even necessarily need to be god tier to beat the denizens. If you choose to regard them as bosses, they're not end bosses. You're meant to confront them and gain your ultimate weapon to use on the Black King.

Most if not all of the trolls killed their denizens and only Vriska was god tier by that point

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    john called Caliborn out on being the big baddie Vriska and Aranea were talking about. Then he beat him up

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Ohhhh yeah you're right

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Y'all are a bunch of big ol' nerds in here.

I love you nerds.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular

Si

k here we go

john is jade's grandpa

dave and rose gun fuk

time is circular and gives me a headache

that's it

otherwise everything is pretty straightforward, they all gotta make it through their own worlds

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Nah time is super easy to get

See, I'm the King of Time

and as you can plainly tell

all the time

is now Christmas time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPG3zSgm_Qo

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options

Si

k here we go

john is jade's grandpa

dave and rose gun fuk

time is circular and gives me a headache

that's it

otherwise everything is pretty straightforward, they all gotta make it through their own worlds

Hehehehehehe

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    ey @ASimPerson when I have these timeline notes done you wanna fact check 'em

i have all the broad strokes right but some events i might be getting the exact order wrong, especialy stuff in act 6 and stuff where the order doesn't necessarily matter

and then obviously there are a few places where the exact timing isn't clear

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    @Speed Racer sure thing, send 'em my way. I actually tried something like this once, so good on you for finishing!

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I thought it was implied that hefustus offered to fix Dave but instead he went with the sword which he got a second way anyway.

• Options
    i'm not done yet but i'll be finished by tonight

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Yeah what was the deal with that
    Didn't both Davesprite and Dave make a deal with that guy?

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I thought it was implied that hefustus offered to fix Dave but instead he went with the sword which he got a second way anyway.

the dave that went on to be davesprite confronted Hephaestus to fix Caledfwlch, but he couldn't repair it because jade never entered the game in that timeline

in the alpha timeline, davesprite took dave's caledfwlch to him to repair, and then he had jadesprite send it to dave, who immediately broke it again

• Options
    edited November 2014
    5b4fdc21d4597c8e3f69c34052ccc1342f01a739.png

Paradox Space presents The Inaugural Death of Mister Seven

Fun fact: the Felt are why I know "sawbuck" is slang for a $10 bill, which helped me get a question at pub trivia a couple months ago.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    This Week in Homestuck
    Part 2
    November 20

2009: 3 pages, 1 flash: [ S] Rose: Ascend. Rose plugs her laptop in the hub and gets set up again. The first thing she sees is John's mess of a living room, and that it is shaking for some reason. We then see why, and rejoin John's ogre battle, already in progress.
    11/20/2009 Page 2779
    [ S] Rose: Ascend.
    Audio: "Harleboss" by Malcolm Brown
    We get a short clickable flash back to Rose's perspective via the Sburb server. We find John on the roof still locked in his boss battle. Rose attempt to assist by dropping a refrigerator on one of the ogres, but the ogre merely grabs it and whacks John with it. However, Nannasprite uses her oven to catch John, who then picks up speed and blasts into one of the ogres with his hammer. Nanna then stuns the ogre by dropping a continuous stream of appliances and household fixtures on the ogre, while John uses the slime pogo ride properties of his hammer to gain momentum and bounce off a conveniently placed alchemiter. The ogre is thus defeated, and they finish off the other one in a similar manner.

2010: 16 pages. Rose messages John and tells him that a) LOWAS is on fire and b) "It makes a good light for reading". John remarks on how confusing the latter statement is but anyway he needs an answer re: not prototyping Jade's kernelsprite. Rose says that first off, she knows what's about to happen, and that the more she finds out about it, "the more I'm presented with a challenge I'm not very comfortable with". She's also worried about what amount of knowledge of future events she can relay to John without affecting said events, due to her alternate dreamself's experiences in the offshoot timeline. John asks if there is anything she can tell him, so she says, "Failing to prototype the kernel is the absolute worst thing that you could possibly do. Like, ever." This is because without the prototyping, the Battlefield will not reach the next stage, and John will not be able to recover the treasure available at its core. John asks what said treasure is, but Rose reminds him that he was, in fact, in a hurry, and so the stop short of that for now. Jade meanwhile, inserts her pre-punched card in the TOTEM LATHE and tries to get in touch with Dave about what her entry item might be and how to enter. However, all she gets back is "nak nak nak". Over on LOHAC, we see a passed out Dave surrounded by crocodiles, one of which is wearing his iShades. On Derse's moon, Dream Dave flies over to pay a visit to Dream Rose. Back on LOLAR, Rose switches the view of her crystal ball back to John, who is passed on his bed which has fallen into the ocean of oil. He then wakes up, just in time to see the COSBYTOP sink to the bottom, as well as his pendant (though at least she's not actually trapped in it). John gets out his PDA and tries to message Jade but gets no response, as fedorafreak continues to post updates on SERIOUS BUSINESS re: urine filtration and garments. John chucks the PDA into the ocean out of frustration.

2011: 6 pages. We take a look at the comics on Jake's workbench. His favorite is SPIDER-GIRL, mostly because "there's something about a girl who has spidery powers and a sassy attitude that is just so cool". Surely that tidbit will never be relevant, ever. He captchalogues the comics, but his mess of a sylladex focus some other items out, including his laptop, which he then gets a message from UU on. Jake reviews his current predicament re: power to her, but she also tosses in some hints at how he gets the armaments for the bunny in his near future as well. She also attempts to explain the "cascading seqUence from which yoUr reality has arisen", including both troll universes ("A1 and A2") and both human ones ("B1 and B2"). She says he's in B2 and that they will "make an effort to exit all this turbulence and falderal". Jake still doesn't fully understand but time's a-wastin', so just leaves it at he will meet his ancestors in the game they're about to play. Jake is excited about meeting Jade and asks UU about her parental situation, but she says "oUr ancestors precede Us by millennia". He also asks for her actual name but she refuses because it might upset the "present eqUilibriUm". The part ways and Jake gets out his additional computers, because as his Grandma said one should always have at least 5 computers on them "like a sensible person". He puts a smashing set of accessories, including an overcoat with flashing, alternating ribbons as trim, as well as one green claw foot and another golden one. Apparently he inherited these from his Grandma, whose company made them before being utterly crushed by BCorp and forcing her into exile.

2012: 3 pages. Caliborn types in the box. "HEY. VOICE IN MY HEAD." "Yes?" "SHUT UP." He continues to berate the author for making him think things that aren't his own thoughts. The author points out that "but your thoughts are shitty!" and that Gamzee was literally the first other living being Caliborn had ever met. Nonetheless, Caliborn expresses little regret for shooting him up: "HE WAS DREADFUL AND PURPLE AND NEEDED TO BE EXTERMINATED QUICKLY". Hussie says that Gamzee was a "huge fan of yours" and wanted to help. Caliborn says he doesn't need help. Hussie asks if he wants to know what's going on. "YES. TELL ME IMMEDIATELY." "Nah." "AUGH." He says he's also frustrated with the keyboard, as the caps lock is on so he can't make his 'u's lowercase. Hussie says that a) if he can find the key to the keyboard, he can turn the caps lock off and b) "You do realize when caps lock is on, you can hold down shift to make the letters lower case, right?" "WHAT. NO." Caliborn claims that caps lock is a "TRAINING KEY FOR RETARDS" and "MAYBE ALSO FOR GIRLS. FOR WHEN THEY GET HYSTERICAL." ("Really great theories there.") Hussie then realizes that his means Caliborn types with the shift key held down while hunting and pecking the letters. "Wow." Caliborn acknowledges that Hussue's method is probably a lot faster, but he says he never thought of doing it any other way. "How old are you again?" "FUCK YOU. OK, THE THING IS. DON'T TELL ANYBODY I SAID THIS. BUT. I'VE ALWAYS HAD A LOT OF TROUBLE. AT. LEARNING STUFF." "Yeah. I know."

2013: No update.

November 21

2009: 6 pages. "i suddenly understand everything" After defeating the ogres, Rose congratulations him and he gives one of Nannasprite's floating hands a long-awaited hi-5. Rose also tells him that activating the cruxtruder doesn't send a meteor to your house - it's actually already on its way. Rose says she'll explain more later and heads out. John meanwhile reaps the spoils of victory. He ascends to the BOY-SKYLARK rung on his echeladder, which puts a literal feather in his cap. Next, him and his CERAMIC PORKHOLLOW rejoice in a pile of 11,575 boondollars, though neither know what good they're for yet. John also picks up a variety of grist, easily accommodated by his expanded CACHE LIMIT, but probably not enough to make anything really cool. John takes a look down to lower levels of his house, a notices a particularly large piece of grist is plugging a hole in the roof. But before he descends, Nannasprite gives him the really old copy of COLONEL SASSACRE'S from the safe and encourages him to read "the first several pages". John asks her if can simply just toss him up to the first gate, but she says that would defeat the purpose of the whole thing. John even tries to get her to frame it in a riddle, but she just says he's a "very fresh young man" and congratulates the job his father did in raising him. But she does say that once he passes through the gate, he will "find the place where the constellations dance beneath the clouds".

2010: 3 pages. Despite his best efforts, John does still have the goggles, on which he's being messaged by Rose. Neither him nor Rose know why he was just asleep, but apparently he was out for about ten minutes. John says on the Battlefield he saw a "black guy in my ghosty bed sheets". He clarifies in what way ("this fellow had a hard black shell, like all the dead guys do") and says he followed him for awhile but then he woke up. He asks Rose about Jade, and she's fine, but Rose reminds him that his planet being on fire didn't stop being "a thing that was true". Before he can panic too badly over that and his bed sinking, she tells him to look to his right. He hops some stones to a small islet and asks how Rose can see him. She admits that she has a crystal ball, that is presumably magic. It allows her to see various locations in the present, but John asks how she knows so much about the future. She eventually admits to a variety of things, but ultimately that it's the sort of things one might expect "an emerging seer" to face. She reminds John that presumably what he needs "for his maturation" is out there too, "assuming he's looking for it". He thinks he should probably get on that, but she reassures him saying that "You should probably be doing what you're doing." She also points out that between the trolls and the clouds of Skaia, "Knowing the future is no remarkable feat here." Nonetheless, John insists that Rose is different somehow, "kind of, um… spooky?" He lets out his frustrations a little bit, basically boiling down to the fact Rose wants to use her powers to "break the game" and he doesn't really know why. She insists, though, that she realizes how ridiculous some of this stuff is and that "It's all pretty absurd" but that in the end it is both fun and practical. John is not assuaged, though, still worried that she's "getting away from us!" and that "i kinda think it was more fun when you juts did things like read books, and tell jokes." She insists she still does those things, which elicits a "BA-DUM PSHHH!" from him. She didn't think that was very amusing though.

2011: 6 pages. Jake begins messaging Strider, represented by an orange baseball cap, light orange text, and the chumhandle timaeusTestified. Jake starts of tripping over himself about "how much your cool and brotherly friend means to me", but Strider for his part seems unimpressed, saying that the only way he could "salvage endearment from this perilous slop of horseshit" is either if Jake wants to actually jump his bones or if he's being ironic. Jake claims it's the latter and so Strider cuts to the chase, surmising correctly that Jake is "jonesing for some uranium about now". Jake tries to play it cool and say he just needs some more just in case, but Strider isn't buying it. He says he's offered to just make the rabbit for Jake before, but Jake says it's "just something i have to do myself" and turns him down again. Strider says that's fine, but he just can't give him uranium all the time either, and that "you know perfectly well where some more uranium can be located". Jake gets frustrated finally and wonders why he even bothered to ask if Strider was going to "be such an obstinate stick in the mud". Strider responds that "It seems that you consider me to be" like that about 100% of the time, which seems to tip Jake off that this actually not Strider, but instead his "auto responder". In the next panel, we see a pair of really anime sunglasses in a bathroom with a green skull bubble floating above them. The auto responder protests otherwise, but apparently Jake has dealt with this before, and eventually asks it to tell him about Strider's auto responder. It quickly replies with a bunch of information, perhaps most importantly that is designed to emulate "DS" as much as possible and that it should be "96% indistinguishable from DS's native neurological responses". It attempts to say that it's just fucking with Jake but it's too late, especially when Jake asks the same question again. He exits the conversation in frustration and kicks off all his dorky accessories. Jake reflects that the real Strider really is just as infuriating but still, it's time for a "a thinking man's computer". He dons the SKULLTOP, which is the top half a green skull, with LCD panels for each eye and an antennae on top. He messages Jane in a conversation we've seen previously. He's curious about Jane's dream, which he's certain has to do with his "imminent adventure" and heads downstairs, being careful not to trip on the large vine creeping up the stairs.

2012: 5 pages, 1 flash: [ S][A6I4] ==>. Caliborn decides to just type everything in all caps, forever. The narrator sarcastically remarks that Caliborn has taken his "first big step growing up!" Caliborn tells him that he can recognize when someone is "trying" to be funny, but the narrator says that he's trying to overcome his flaws, just like Caliborn. He talks about Caliborn's accomplishments so far (beating Calliope at chess, getting her dreamself killed). Caliborn says "THOSE THINGS I DID WERE GREAT", but in a recurring theme, the narrator reminds him that they "weren't great so much as terrible". At any rate, the narrator knows that Caliborn will "prove all the haters wrong" and go on to do many horrible things. Caliborn says he knows this all already and asks what's the point. The narrator says that he's not trying to inspire him, just "saying some things that are true through the narrative prompt". Caliborn demands "MORE USEFUL FACTS". The narrator takes the gambit and says that thanks to Caliborn getting his sister killed like that his emotional growth will be forever stunted and "stuck in some sort of cantankerous prepubescent limbo. You are going to be a stunted, miserable tool forever." Caliborn asks how long he was supposed to wait "FOR THAT TWEE BITCH TO GET OUT OF MY SKULL". The narrator remarks that Caliborn must not know anything about his own species, unlike him. "TELL ME THEN." "No." Meanwhile, Gamzee starts crawling back toward the tower. Caliborn says that he can't tell their text apart, despite the obvious differences - he really just needs them to be different colors. The narrator says that if he can turn on more of the monitors in the tower he might be able to figure it out, but Caliborn finds the power cord is too short. "What you really need is a guide. A mentor, of sorts. Too bad you shot that clown." Caliborn says he doesn't care about that clown and he hopes he died, painfully. The narrator has bad news: "He's not dead. What did you expect? He's clearly god tier." Caliborn points out that his wings fell off and thinks that he wasn't really a god tier. The narrator dodges this question for the moment by pointing out that Caliborn just "made the rookie mistake of turning your back on the body". And sure enough, he's alive. The narrator asks Caliborn not to shoot him again, though. He points out that it shouldn't matter, and wonders why he won't die. The narrator admits that he may not be god tier, but who really knows? The point is that clowns are "notoriously difficult to kill for reasons that basically don't make any sense". The narrator also says that he doesn't know of any timeline where Gamzee dies. The narrator tries to explain that Caliborn "can't keep down the clown" but he isn't having any of it. The narrator finally says that he can slap him around if he wants but that "shooting is off limits" because "you can't kill him! He's the most important character in…" "IN WHAT" "Well, ok, maybe not the MOST important."
    11/21/2012 Page 7385
    [ S][A6I4] ==>
    Audio: "Elevatorstuck" by Joren "Tensei" de Bruin ("Homestuck Anthem" by Clark Powell)
    Gamzee gets up, holding what looks like a hub from the hubgrid. Caliborn mercilessly guns him down.
    Caliborn claims that he looked at him "FUNNY". The narrator reminds that's what clowns do and asks again why Caliborn can't be "down with the clown". Caliborn says he's fun to shoot and asks about the music. The narrator says that he'll play the "elevator music" whenever Caliborn shoots Gamzee in the future. Caliborn begrudgingly accepts.

2013: No update.

• Options
    currently at

2500 words

still need to explain everything that happens in the B2 game session, the outer ring, and Caliborn's session

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Uh oh.

I gotta go to this Smash Bros midnight release and the only coat I have clean is my Time hoodie.

What if someone tries to tell me about Homestuck?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    grin and bear it?

I mean, you'll have the time for it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Bring your sunglasses.

You know, because it might hide the fact that you know about homestuck.

Also, wear a bird on your head, no one wants to talk to someone with a bird on their head.

• Options
    If you were wearing a god tier hoodie I would probably assume that you didn't need to be told!

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    yeah I mean

if you're worried about proselytizing that is perhaps the only defense

hell people will be afraid of you

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    My Time hoodie is the only one I wear. It's great!

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I've always been partial to the rage hoodie

shame that aspect only has the clowns repping it

although the heart color scheme has really grown on me

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    one of these days I will buy a heart hoodie

Kilroy on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    now I'm afraid people think I was being serious :(

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Tell everyone else about homestuck before they have the chance to tell you

It's the only guaranteed defense

Speed Racer on
  • Options
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So apparently Typheus is not something that John can fuck with, period, in a martial sense

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    huh

so the jade talking with calliope, then, is...

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Somehow I thought all the weird shit that they've been going through jumping through universes would have made it so there wouldn't be alt timeline versions from that far along running around, guess that's wrong.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    now now calliope

you will appreciate the pacing that all of jade's pauses and digressions provide when the whole thing's finished and you can read it all in one go

Seriously on
This discussion has been closed.