Options

[Destiny] Thyme's Vengeance: Atheon opens the brick oven! Guardians make their own pizza!

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    It's amazing how many people don't seem to realize that if you kill other players and they had heavy weapons, there's NO REASON THAT YOU SHOULD EVER PICK UP THE DROPPED AMMO UNTIL YOU HAVE TO.

Ever.

If you die you lose it all, and risk giving it back to the enemy. And it lets you spent the entire latter portion of a match with your own heavy weapon ammo.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    XB1 folks!
    Any interest in getting an all PA raid together sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening?

With Iron Banner, I have done zero raiding this week. And with an unusual lack of any adult responsibility for Sunday, I intend to make the most of it by being lazy and playing video games apparently.

Would be grand to get a full PA fireteam and descend into the vault, and be alternately glad for loot or disappointed in more ascendant materials. After all, it's always more fun to fight Vex with friends.

I'm down for hard or regular mode, have guys that need both, so either way, I'm in.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I want to get a hard mode raid together tomorrow afternoon (really I'll start anywhere between noon and . PS4 need 5-4 slots. Message me for details. We'll start whenever the most people are available.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    XB1 folks!
    Any interest in getting an all PA raid together sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening?

With Iron Banner, I have done zero raiding this week. And with an unusual lack of any adult responsibility for Sunday, I intend to make the most of it by being lazy and playing video games apparently.

Would be grand to get a full PA fireteam and descend into the vault, and be alternately glad for loot or disappointed in more ascendant materials. After all, it's always more fun to fight Vex with friends.
    I'll go. Gamertag: Bogestrom :)

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    Brogey wrote: »
    XB1 folks!

I'll go. Gamertag: Bogestrom :)

Gamertag BritishDavid, send me a message ill get it on my phone and jump online

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Sometimes you get stuck with people who are really bad at playing control in Iron Banner. Teammates were doing an awful job capping points which was exemplified at the end where two guys killed all the bad guys off B. Captured it halfway, then just ran off to go find people to kill. Luckily I was close by to finish the job, not that it mattered we still lost by a lot.

Lost a game earlier in the day when I threw my Nova Bomb at a guy and he didn't take damage and then he killed me so we lost 20k to 19k where I should have had the winning kill and not the losing death.

• Options
    So, in the same sense that Pocket Infinity was broken by having had the extended magazine perk, the SUROS is broken by giving bonus damage from ADSing along with it's bottom half perk. When they fix it, that's probably what's going to go.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    So if you don't turn your bounties in by 3am you lose the next days IB bounties... Fun

616610-1.png
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    We killed Atheon on Hard Mode again, OH, SIRIALIS HUH? YOU ARE THE ONLY GUY WHO DIDNT GET A HELMET LAST TIME RIGHT? Here! Have yet another Aspect of Ass ship, try not to have too much fun with it. (I did get a Fatebringer though.)

Anyway @Darkewolfe‌ got Team Skittles first Mythoclast! It's well deserved. (I mean @Erevar‌ has one too, but he seems to have everything.)

I think we cleared Hard Mode in an hour and a half.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    I want to get a hard mode raid together tomorrow afternoon (really I'll start anywhere between noon and . PS4 need 5-4 slots. Message me for details. We'll start whenever the most people are available.

@JusticeforPluto‌ I'm up for it, MagnusxThexRed on ps4

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Some neat lore on why the Vex created the Vault of Glass.
    They needed more vault space to store all dem Chatterwhites.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Some neat lore on why the Vex created the Vault of Glass.
    They needed more vault space to store all dem Chatterwhites.

Bungie should just add to the lore that all the bugs with getting stuck in the portal, regenerating Praetorians and various bugs are just the Vex "altering reality" within Vault of Glass with a little more hands on approach, it fits the lore.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Okay, I think thats six

@Stragint‌ @hoodie13‌ @juicebox989‌ @‌EvilMonkey

Also @BillyIdle messaged me first, but didn't say yes just inquired on the time. If he cannot make it, the @Al_Wat is up.

If someone can make a group message (out right now on the phone), we can work out the start time (I was thinking 6 central so hopefully everyone can eat before the raid if need be).

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    So if you don't turn your bounties in by 3am you lose the next days IB bounties... Fun

Only because they're the same ones. The game thinks you already have them because they probably match whatever ID is in the database.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    When I played MW1, we knew that it's stupid to cap all the points. That was, what, 8 years ago? So why am I still seeing people trying to capture all the points?

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Righto! So for XB1 Vault of Glass shenanigans tomorrow we have the following folks interested:
    Zombie Gandhi - Gamertag the same. Level 29 Titan
    @Norgoth‌
    @Trojan35‌
    @morgan_coke‌
    @Brogey‌
    @british
    @Sirialis‌

Any particular times? Would roughly 1:00 PM PST / 4:00 PM EST work for folks?
    Any if we have enough people 29 or higher, would folks prefer hard? Or a smooth normal run?

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    When I played MW1, we knew that it's stupid to cap all the points. That was, what, 8 years ago? So why am I still seeing people trying to capture all the points?

At least in this game when you do that it makes a kill worth 3x as many points. It's not smart, but at least there is an incentive for doing so.

• Options
    bleh, there needs to be an option to disable autoaim/aim-assist, and of course be matched similarly configured players because it's so obnoxious to lose a ranged fight because the game decides to drift your shot because another enemy player closer to you just happened brush your reticle circle or w/e. :|

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Righto! So for XB1 Vault of Glass shenanigans tomorrow we have the following folks interested:
    @Norgoth‌
    @Trojan35‌
    @morgan_coke‌
    @Brogey‌
    @british
    @Sirialis‌

Any if we have enough people 29 or higher, would folks prefer hard? Or a smooth normal run?
    That time works for me. I was planning on bringing my 29 Titan (come on, chest-piece!) and I'm fine with Normal or Hard.

PS. Fixed @BritishDavid‌ :)

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @Norgoth‌
    @Trojan35‌
    @morgan_coke‌
    @Brogey‌
    @BritishDavid‌
    @Sirialis‌

Time seems fine for me, I can bring a 29 Titan with maxed out weapons.

If we go for Hard Mode the important question is, does everyone have maxed out weapons and have done normal VoG at least? I'm fine with both normal and hard.

Also if we try Hard, remember that the conflux part at the Templar is the hardest part of Hard Mode, do not let a wipe discourage you there.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    So, "Birth of History" just dropped for someone on my team in IB. The game is mocking me. :(

• Options
    So, "Birth of History" just dropped for someone on my team in IB. The game is mocking me. :(

I've seen @BritishDavid‌ get it twice, perhaps he's gotten it a 3rd time by now.

• Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2014
    Okay, Arcadians, I have to drive 15 hours to get to Florida, but I haven't completed VoG yet this week. I'm talking priorities, folks. I'm not going to have a chance to play at all for the next week. Can you help a brother in need?

Edit: Normal difficulty, PS4...

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    I scrap birth of historys for fun, it feels great

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Team Skittles completed another hard mode. I got me a Mythoclast in the mail!

@skippymchaggis‌ @WolveSight‌ @syndalis‌ @Erevar‌

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Grats... and it's really strange about that after-raid mail thing. It also apparently contains a Mythoclast all the time! @Crayon was all bummed out after our 2nd hard VoG clear of the week, until he opened the mail with a Mythoclast AND a Fatebringer.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    We have 4 in IB waiting for two more to run Hard mode VoG.

X1, message L4ZY3YE on Live, or scubber Mchaggis, Morgan Coke or iShotwell.

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I think you pressed an @ too fast there.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    LCDXX wrote: »
    Okay, Arcadians, I have to drive 15 hours to get to Florida, but I haven't completed VoG yet this week. I'm talking priorities, folks. I'm not going to have a chance to play at all for the next week. Can you help a brother in need?

I'd help. I still need to get lootz from the front half. Did you already do this?

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Not gonna lie: getting only Aspect of Glass off a Hard run feels like a kick in the tickle button. Especially when you already have it.

• Options
    Fawst wrote: »
    Not gonna lie: getting only Aspect of Glass off a Hard run feels like a kick in the tickle button. Especially when you already have it.

Yeah, in that respect I suppose not getting the ship balances itself out in that my first and currently only hard run gave me the helmet, ha.

• Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    @Sirialis and @BritishDavid‌ have accepted! Thanks guys!

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    So. Juggernaut has its uses in IB. The enemy sees a shielded titan bearing down on them and futilely attempts to bring down the shield only to be met with a shotgun at pointblank. I like this.

Also I will soon be releasing my Iron Banner mixtape, featuring the hot track "Get on mah nade".

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Please let me know if you need another

• Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Showing a Defender Titan that I don't give a single fuck about his bubble

http://xboxclips.com/magell/4498ffbd-3fc8-4942-9161-3fc1862f534d

Me & @Hiryu02 had a similar adventure yesterday running into a bubble and punching the enemy to death

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »

Please let me know if you need another

That's three of us so far. Anyone else?

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I'll get rank 4 tomorrow :biggrin:
    hr9962agjk20.jpg

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Pocket Infinity get!

Feels so good to get those 10 blue fusion rifles out of my Vault. Feels like I have loads of room now.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Finally stopped being lazy and made my main level 30.