Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

What're you, Chicken? [terrifying thread]

• KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Jurassic Park started my fear of velociraptors

I still occasionally have dreams about velociraptors stalking me through the aisles of a Costco or something

I haven't had one for a while, but the last one had a bunch of them hiding in the forest near my house and then coming out when it got dark and I had to escape somehow. I think I ended up dying before I woke up

how were you people scared by the velociraptors?

the first time I saw Jurassic Park I thought they were badass

• I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

I still occasionally have dreams about velociraptors stalking me through the aisles of a Costco or something

I haven't had one for a while, but the last one had a bunch of them hiding in the forest near my house and then coming out when it got dark and I had to escape somehow. I think I ended up dying before I woke up

i am not afraid of velociraptors

i love them soo much

now t rexs

and those underwater ones

god everything underwater

pretty much my biggest fear is the unknown

water creatures are all not there

and then something brushes up against your leg as you swim

and you are boned

In the words of the ancients, one should make his decision within the space of seven breaths. It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break through to the other side
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    i read most of the r.l. stine collection while i was supposed to be paying attention in elementary school

there was actually a pretty scary (back then) series involving the histories of these two families that spend several generations trying to kill each other off, but they weren't goosebumps books

• RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    51F3YA6KDCL._SS500_.jpg

always wins

Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    edited October 2007

i am not afraid of velociraptors

i love them soo much

now t rexs

and those underwater ones

god everything underwater

pretty much my biggest fear is the unknown

water creatures are all not there

and then something brushes up against your leg as you swim

and you are boned

I like swimming in the ocean and snorkeling, it's all kinds of fun

but swimming in lakes scares the fuck out of me

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus ha ha just kidding I'm Frog ManRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Koshian wrote: »

Probably because I was about 9 when I saw Jurassic Park the first time

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The Witches, by Roald Dahl

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast
    edited October 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    The Witches, by Roald Dahl

god, the ending was so sad

i know it was supposed to be happy but ughh

edited October 2007

I first saw it when I was five

there is nothing scary about that movie

• DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Does somebody go out into the park and pull up the dinosaurs' skirts?Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

as was I. Plus my dad's a professional hunter, and I guess my dreams are merging his lion stories with velociraptors

dfd58e54-76e3-4cca-a87e-8fabd8a8c8eb_zpscb3d0a8b.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Cancel My 2:00 This meeting could get DEADLYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    supertall wrote: »
    Is R.L Stein even a real person? I always thought it was just a psuedonym for a stable(sweatshop??) of writers.

Edit: Did anyone read any of Christopher Pike's books? Basically Goosebumps with teenage sex.

I remember reading "Monster" or something else by him.
    Spoiler:

aik7511.jpg
  • monkeyfeet63monkeyfeet63 Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Did any of guys ever read a story about a Scarecrow that comes to life and is just kinda walking around while these two guys are at a reclusive sheep farm doing work for the winter.

Then they finnaly get freaked out and leave. But one guys forgets the shears or something and walks back. The dude sees the Scarecrow walking aorund on the roof. But the dude doesn't care because all it did was just walk around.

A few hours go by and the dude doesn't return. So the other guy goes to see whats up and he sees the Scarecrow drying the other dude's skin on the roof.

Couldn't sleep for days when my sixth grade teacher read us that one.

Ducktalesavlong.jpg
    edited October 2007
    that's another one from the scary stories collection, monkey

• Milquetoast ThugMilquetoast Thug Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Did any of guys ever read a story about a Scarecrow that comes to life and is just kinda walking around while these two guys are at a reclusive sheep farm doing work for the winter.

Then they finnaly get freaked out and leave. But one guys forgets the shears or something and walks back. The dude sees the Scarecrow walking aorund on the roof. But the dude doesn't care because all it did was just walk around.

A few hours go by and the dude doesn't return. So the other guy goes to see whats up and he sees the Scarecrow drying the other dude's skin on the roof.

WHAT THE FUCK

Weaver wrote: »
    When I was in boot to become an infantryman, on our one two-day off-base pass me and another guy went to see Private Ryan in theaters as it had just come out and during the opening scene we're all HOLY FUCK WHAT DID WE GET OURSELVES IN TO
    edited October 2007
    my six grade teacher read that to us too

anyone who was scared was allowed to go read in another classroom, but no one ever went because we would've called them a giant faggot

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »

EDIT: donk what i don't know what im talking about

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast
    edited October 2007

Thanks I would really like to read that again. I might laugh at it. But I remember it being genuinly horrifying.

Ducktalesavlong.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    bttfi1.jpg

Nobody calls me chicken

best answer

thread over

chickencl5.png

regular%20sig.png
  • GoatmonGoatmon Cancel My 2:00 This meeting could get DEADLYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Did any of guys ever read a story about a Scarecrow that comes to life and is just kinda walking around

Harold.jpg

aik7511.jpg
    edited October 2007
  • KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Tales_from_the_crypt_title_shot.jpg

That show was the shit back then. I remember watching that along with Mystery Science Theater 3000. They were pretty much staples of my youth.

Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
    edited October 2007
    took me forever to find this

despite all steven gammel's work on the scary stories series, this is the picture that completely fucked me up as a kid

thedream2.jpg

• GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    n31941.jpg

Best book ever

IsaacSig.png
    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
    edited October 2007
    took me forever to find this

despite all steven gammel's work on the scary stories series, this is the picture that completely fucked me up as a kid

thedream2.jpg

Is that...is that him?

Ducktalesavlong.jpg
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007

I was just about to tell this story.
    If you don't want to sleep, go look for some of the drawings from the books.

edited October 2007
    Seriously. What was the name of that story, anyway? I feel the need to look it up, now.

aik7511.jpg
    edited October 2007
    From what i can find I think it is called "Harold"

Ducktalesavlong.jpg
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think RL Stine is a real person, because didn't he come out with a real book at some point

like an actual adult fiction book that bombed

also: Christopher Pike, the "remember me" series

I remember being weirded out by those books

• BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2007
    2boo.gif

HE'S A CHICKEN

A CHICKEN

SIG.gif
    edited October 2007

What, really? That's the name of the scarecrow in the comic that I linked. o_O

aik7511.jpg
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, I think it's Harold.
    That was the name of the scarecrow in the story, who was named after a dude they knew.

edited October 2007
    Goatmon wrote: »

What, really? That's the name of the scarecrow in the comic that I linked. o_O

This can not be coincidence.

This is proof of predestination.

Ducktalesavlong.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Y'know what's REALLY scary?

The way my step-sister is howling with laughter as she watches America's funniest home videos.

Spoiler:

www.facebook.com/itgetsworseska
    Spoiler:
  • Octopus MelodyOctopus Melody Registered User
    edited October 2007
    The Scary Story books were the best, I had one or two of them and they freaked me out back in the day(and still do). I tried to read two Goosebumps books when I was a kid, I remember, but couldn't get into them. I think I decided to read the My Teacher is an Alien books instead.

• GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh man, I've got something scary I could post here

IsaacSig.png
    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
    edited October 2007
    Even more interesting, in the comic they named him after a farmer next door that they didn't like. So I guess the creator of the comic had the original story in mind. My power of deduction is uncanny.

aik7511.jpg
  • KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Y'know what's REALLY scary?

The way my step-sister is howling with laughter as she watches America's funniest home videos.

Spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPOmtQG9pGU

My favorite part of the whole movie.

Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • CriticalCritical Registered User
    edited October 2007
    Goatmon wrote: »
    supertall wrote: »
    Is R.L Stein even a real person? I always thought it was just a psuedonym for a stable(sweatshop??) of writers.

Edit: Did anyone read any of Christopher Pike's books? Basically Goosebumps with teenage sex.

I remember reading "Monster" or something else by him.
    Spoiler:

That was the first of his books I read. She fucks her boyfriend underwater in the lake or something.

I enjoyed the Chain Letter series.

edesig.jpg