As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] Cheese beam from the cheese dimension

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    To be fair, they are basing it on one of the best runs of the comics, and most of the characters were in their early 20s at that point.

They can still totally bungle it, but it's a stronger premise than most of their other ideas, and DC does have a few decent TV shows.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I got a Captain Marvel tattoo! It's actually my first one. Though I now have the itch for more. I want a full sleeve on my other arm at some point but that requires some serious planning.
    10845998_10152707201656676_1426475742765756358_n.jpg?oh=471ec76523503a0a12e7616671220f58&oe=551B8FBB

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Sweeeeeeeeet

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Make sure you share that with KSD!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I've been thinking of getting a Hawkeye style arrow on my wrist

I mean it's just a arrow but

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    If Twitter is anything to go by, tomorrow's Agents of Shield is pretty crazy.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I tried to get a tattoo of my face on my face, but the guy screwed it up bad and now I look like this!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I've been thinking of getting a Hawkeye style arrow on my wrist

I mean it's just a arrow but

Verily, my son
    Even in this I have ghosted you

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I've been debating on an Iron Fist dragon on my shoulder for ages

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I've been debating on an Iron Fist dragon on my shoulder for ages

If your going to do Iron Fist, you need to do the full rand and get a big ass one on your chest.

• Options
    Concave chest makes that a no go

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    i feel we have had this conversation before

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    We have

several times, I believe

People always forget about the Spaghetti Bowl

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    If I could loose the wieght and get pretty decently fit, I would get the Rand tatoo in a heart beat, no joke.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Iron Nail, then?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    We have

several times, I believe

I don't.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    clearly you must plunge your chest into the still-beating heart of an ancient kung fu dragon

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    clearly you must plunge your chest into the still-beating heart of an ancient kung fu dragon
    If only

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    If I could loose the wieght and get pretty decently fit, I would get the Rand tatoo in a heart beat, no joke.

???

john-galt-cropped.jpg

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

???

john-galt-cropped.jpg

Frank Fontaine in disguise.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Haha wait did anyone else notice where that Krypton article also mentions that TNT is developing a Teen Titans drama? Just called Titans, of course

I am laughing forever

I... think that could go really well?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    If I recall correctly multiple versions of the Teen Titans have dropped the "Teen" part as its members reach adulthood. So, not a big deal.

While I question the whole point of Krypton, it's probably right not to have it be about adult Jor-El, because inevitably you have the Smallville problem of "when are we finally going to transition to what happens in the comics", the answer most likely being "long after it should". A Sword of Damocles that you know they'll inevitably foreshadow with the subtlety of "Riddle Riddle Riddle".

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    We have

several times, I believe

time is a spaghetti bowl

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    If Twitter is anything to go by, tomorrow's Agents of Shield is pretty crazy.

http://io9.com/tomorrow-nights-agents-of-shield-will-blow-your-goddamn-1668246929

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    SHIELD and Flash should both be radical tonight

Not sure if anything big is supposed to go down on Arrow tomorrow

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

He... he's fighting Ra's al Ghul

and the showrunners have said "his presence changes the show. Literally, the show will not be the same after [S03E09-The Climb]."

Jimothy on
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    aaaaaaaaAAAAAA

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    Woot! Guardians Best Buy steelbook acquired. Didn't pre-order on the website, so I showed up a few minutes before they opened. There was actually a small line and by the time I checked out, they were all gone from the display.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I bought the season pass and I'm all caught up on AoS. This show is so damn good.

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    A few days ago someone was asking about good Deadpool stories and Uncanny X-Force was listed as one of the best. Is he part of the team in the current run or we talking the previous volume?

Also any suggestions on good Spider-man runs I should pick up? I remember hearing Superior was good, but what would be a good Parker spider run to grab?

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    A few days ago someone was asking about good Deadpool stories and Uncanny X-Force was listed as one of the best. Is he part of the team in the current run or we talking the previous volume?

Also any suggestions on good Spider-man runs I should pick up? I remember hearing Superior was good, but what would be a good Parker spider run to grab?

Hes used quite effectively to relieve tension for the reader and he has a nice character arc.

I think only the current Deadpool series comes close to that tone

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular

The first volume, the one by Remender.

The Humphries series is crap.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

What's happening in Flash?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

What you're looking for is the Rick Remender run

It starts with The Apocalypse Solution and goes up until Final Execution

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Thanks guys. Any Spider-man reading suggestions?

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    So Idris Elba did an interview and basically confirmed what most of us thought about that IDRIS ELBA HATES MARVEL MOVIES thing that was going around, namely that he was talking about one specific day of going from Mandela to Heimdall and how it was very jarring and rough.

He says the idea that he hates Marvel or wants out of his contract is "crazy" and the whole thing is "sloppy journalism or bad misquoting"

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EvilpolarbearEvilpolarbear Registered User regular
    What's happening in Flash
    Reverse Flash is showing up

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

But wouldnt that mean hes leaving?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Thanks guys. Any Spider-man reading suggestions?

Ultimate Spider-Man remains the best take on the character but if you wanted something from the main continuity then I thing the Brain Trust era that starts with Brand New Day is really underrated.

You just want to be careful and avoid the arcs by Bob Gale.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

Oh.
    That's like, a significantly less exciting villain to show up for me than half of the ones they've already done.

So I didn't even think of it as big news.

This discussion has been closed.