Options

[Steam] Winter is Over.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Remember when Gamersgate was selling Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris for $10 and then decided it was an accident and were generally dickbags about everything? Well now Humble is selling it for $10 as a flash deal so if you buy it you can be reasonably sure it won't get taken back away from you by petulant children!

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/laracroftandthetempleofosiris_storefront

I didn't realize I wanted this until now!

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Krummith wrote: »
    @firebird sent me The Stanley Parable!

All I did was send him a card.

Thanks man!

Also, you know your wishlist only has two things on it? And neither are available for purchase?

That just means that you get to hit him back with something completely random. Sky's the limit!

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Guys, I didn't realize in the Item Inventory, you can click More and select Gift History, it's amazing!

Just like ToTP's!

That may be an Enhanced Steam thing, not sure.

I will note that it's only for a) outgoing games, and b) games which you stored in your inventory before gifting to someone.

e: No, wait, it's for all outgoing gifts. Neat.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Does anyone know how many people can play Minimum at the same time? It looks and sounds fun and for $3, it might be a good FNG option but I can't find any indication of how many players there are in a game.
    Wow. I thought "That should be an easy question, I'll Google it" but then I realized that Googling Maximum Number of Players in Minimum is a pretty awkward thing to try to search for.

It tooks some digging but I finally found that a titan match is 5v5. They have other modes they are planning to introduce but don't say how many players.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Krummith wrote: »
    @firebird sent me The Stanley Parable!

All I did was send him a card.

Thanks man!

Also, you know your wishlist only has two things on it? And neither are available for purchase?

Did that recently, do you know why?
    I know how this thread is quite sly~

When they gift them, I do deny
    But also think I need to quit to buy.

To spare my wallet, from funds to dry
    Reduce my backlog, in my bed I lie
    Except a DLC or two (I decline, so don't try!)

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Oh, also, they blow past most people in these sales, but there's still Weeklong Deals.

Most notably Faerie Solitaire is 95% off, for 50 cents. I know most of us have it already, but still. :p

Can't speak to the others, but all those games are under $5 now, so maybe some of you are interested.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Hey steam thread! I had a birthday the other day and lots of you were super nice and sent me presents! I'm sorry I'm late with this. I've been equal parts busy and sick and kept forgetting to write these all down. But here you go!

@Pixelated Pixie - thank you for Bleed! I have no idea how I didn't already own it!

@Spoit - thanks for Blooooooooooooooood dragon! I look forward to 80s technicolor mayhem!

@Shogun - thanks for Consortium! It looks kind of crazy awesome!

@malakaius - thanks for Child of Light! That's a game I've been meaning to get for a while but always put it off, so thanks for making that decision easier!

@cardboard delusions - thanks for Mirror Moon! This one came highly recommended by a bunch of people here so I'm pretty jazzed to try it out! Oh, and thanks for Dungeon of the Endless too! You spoil me.

@berylline - thanks for 4pm! It's totally the sort of weird low budget high concept sort of game that I usually love! You rock!

@mudzgut - thanks for Abyss Odyssey! Another one I kept putting off buying for myself, so yay!

@Lindsey Lohan - thanks for Mount Your Friends! My life has been sadly lacking in swinging dong physics! Until now!

@kalnaur - thanks for Final Exam! I am always down for monster bashing and slashing in any form, so I'm sure it'll get plenty of use!

@mts - thanks for Shadowrun Dragonfall! I liked the main game but didn't LOVE it, and everyone tells me Dragonfall is so much better, so I can't wait to play it!

@iolo - thanks for Mercenary Kings! I'm kind of shocked that I don't already own it! Looking forward to blowing shit up!

And I think that's everyone! Thanks so much, all of you! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you all! <3

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Oh, hey, Magic 2015 is $5 on the flash deals.

*checks the page*

Damn. Is it genuinely bad, or is this the case of a spoiled fanbase?

@Jragghen‌

Heavily monetized, rife with DLC, old features completely stripped out.

It's telling that this is the first Duels game that has the feature that everyone has wanted forever (complete control of your constructed deck) but the base game is so bad that no one will touch it.

@Jragghen‌
    I had fun with it. I'll probably go back to it at some point. I haven't beat the campaign yet as I've run into this hard to beat deck. I probably have to go beat some other side encounters to try to earn some cards and make a specific deck to beat it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    I have returned from the wastes a lovely holiday out of the house, only to find @Berylline‌ has been gifting me while I've been away. Thanks for Brothers, bunny-one (Or possibly Bunny #1 ?)! I shall examine it directly, after several cups of medicinal coffee.

• Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Remember when Gamersgate was selling Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris for $10 and then decided it was an accident and were generally dickbags about everything? Well now Humble is selling it for $10 as a flash deal so if you buy it you can be reasonably sure it won't get taken back away from you by petulant children!

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/laracroftandthetempleofosiris_storefront

Not quite the same. The GG one included the season pass

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    AngiKate wrote: »
    Karoz wrote: »
    Guys, I didn't realize in the Item Inventory, you can click More and select Gift History, it's amazing!

You've stumbled over one of the tools that fuels my seemingly random gift-scapades.

And here I've been, saving all my screen-caps.

Well, the Inventory -> More -> Gift History is good for showing who you have gifted.

You'll have to go to the upper right corner of Steam, click <user name> -> Account Details to show what you bought vs. what has been gifted to you but sadly it doesn't tell you who gifted it. So it is worth while to keep the emails/screen-caps.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I apologize if I haven't mentioned someone, I have been trying my best to thank as I go, but may have missed someone with traveling for the holidays. Thanks to everyone for decimating my wishlist and introducing me to some gems along the way. Happy New Year to all!

• Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Inveterate classoholic @Drake‌ slipped me a copy of Gunhound EX whilst I slumbered. Thanks! This was really high up on my list to nab on the final day of the sale. Reminds me of Cybernator on SNES. Looks great!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I can't believe I played "DeviantArt: The Disaster" twice last night. In a row.

I woke up this morning still sort of shocked, and with my left eye twitching uncontrollably.

And you guys are going to make me play it two more times?

You fucking monsters.

I'm going to need a helluva palate cleanser when this is over!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options

I woke up this morning still sort of shocked, and with my left eye twitching uncontrollably.

You fucking monsters.

You could play TSW or DA:I with characters you create, to compensate for these abominations of characters in Anime Nerd Fantasy Simulator.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

You've stumbled over one of the tools that fuels my seemingly random gift-scapades.

Well, the Inventory -> More -> Gift History is good for showing who you have gifted.

You'll have to go to the upper right corner of Steam, click <user name> -> Account Details to show what you bought vs. what has been gifted to you but sadly it doesn't tell you who gifted it. So it is worth while to keep the emails/screen-caps.

Yeah, it's a useful tool but it's not sufficient for complete records. For one thing, the Gift History only captures gifts made through Steam. So any keys purchased from third parties or links through sites like Humble Bundle and Indie Gala won't be included.

There's no substitute for a good spreadsheet. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Yeah, it's a useful tool but it's not sufficient for complete records. For one thing, the Gift History only captures gifts made through Steam. So any keys purchased from third parties or links through sites like Humble Bundle and Indie Gala won't be included.

Yes there is. Its called SQL.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Damn it where's the Snap button when you need it?

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

That's what I do too, dear. Just in case.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    analt_zpscd5264c3.png

Hey, look, @an_alt‌ is super classy. Let's all retaliate with gifts.

Thanks for the game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kalnaur What's the word on Mercenary Kings 4 pack? Are we still trying to make one happen?
    Jeix mentioned joining in.

@Custom Special‌, I already bought a single copy last night, and I think Jeix was gifted it some time yesterday. So I'm not buying a 4 pack, at least.

• Options
    Based on the fact that I see several of my Steam friends recently bought Minimum, I think I'm going to pick it up as soon as I can sell enough cards to get it (I'm almost there already). But I noticed that it is currently under the "New Deals Every 12 Hours" section but when you go to the game page, it says the offer expires in just over 12 hours. I haven't really been paying attention but how long have the prices in that 12 hours section been lasting?

steam_sig.png

• Options

Saint's Row 4, with anime dlc character dress-up.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Based on the fact that I see several of my Steam friends recently bought Minimum, I think I'm going to pick it up as soon as I can sell enough cards to get it (I'm almost there already). But I noticed that it is currently under the "New Deals Every 12 Hours" section but when you go to the game page, it says the offer expires in just over 12 hours. I haven't really been paying attention but how long have the prices in that 12 hours section been lasting?

They're on the front page for 12 hours but the actual deals tend to be 24 hours. IIRC.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Okay, after redoing the tutorial section of Alpha Protocol multiple times to get a feel for how the branching/etc works, I'm kinda-sorta in awe of this game already.

This was generally well received when it came out, right? Why didn't more games follow up/why isn't there a sequel? The general impression of how reputation will change how people deal with you later on is mind boggling.

Alpha Protocol is so great. Just remember, it isn't a shooter.
    8qrisuvopknd.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

You fucking monsters.

You could play TSW or DA:I with characters you create, to compensate for these abominations of characters in Anime Nerd Fantasy Simulator.

No, no. It's like feeding people who have been starving for too long. You just can't do it all at once, it has to be a slow process.

What about creating a character in those games that just went through an accidental sex-change incident? Maybe that would work. :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Damn it where's the Snap button when you need it?

:snap:

• Options
    I've stopped keeping track of gifting, honestly.

For a long while I kept beating people into submission, but eventually it became too exhausting and I had to learn how to simply be grateful :P

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    $3 is within my "what the hell" threshold, and I liked what I saw of it during an earlier development video, so I went ahead and picked up Minimum.
    I also finally got Eterium, which @Drake has been recommending forever, even though it's "only" 40% off ... I think it was the current LP for Wing Commander (1) by @RiemannLives that pushed me over.

• Options
    DRPJlvq.png?1

I was just trying to ask a question about a game and Steam sale mechanics and @Drovek counters with a mathematical/philosophical question. I'm going to have to ponder this one for a while. Math and philosophy were never my strong suits. That being said, since your getting the game yourself was one of the reasons I was thinking of picking it up, we should see if we can find the answer buried somewhere in the game!

And now everyone should get it and we can all find out together!

Thanks a lot, man. I think this one looks like it could be a lot of fun. Especially with some good PA people to play with.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Giveaways! Giveaways! Giveaways!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Ends on the greatest day of the year, New Years Day!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Wait. Is this a thing?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Wait. Is this a thing?

Well, only two outfits and two hairstyles but yeah it's a thing.

Edit: Looks like two weapons as well but I seem to have missed them.

Karoz on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Everyone vote for Kentucky Route Zero so help me god.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Oooo very tempted by Arma 3.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

Wait. Is this a thing?
    Yes, there is an anime DLC for SR4

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Saw this before I even checked the vote, so you get my vote. KR0 it is! I'll ask the wife to vote for it too!

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Fair enough. I receive next to nothing and gift only a little more outside of Steam so I can pretty much make do with the tools available.

Ergh, trying to find a brain damaged orc captain in Shadows of Mordor to show to my sister. Only all these "wise" and "literate" ones keep showing up...

Edit: I looooove Overlord 2, but unless an un/official patch comes out you currently need to roll back current graphics card driver for it to load up at all. A good deal of sadness when I went to replay and have gifted it out to many people before but now I am hesitant to.

Karoz on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Fuck.

Is there any way to buy steam credit with Amazon gift credit? I still haven't gotten around to the bank to cash my christmas checks, so basically all of my spending money is locked up in Amazon, and the one game I really wanted this sale is finally on a flash deal.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Sorry, I got to the vote before I saw this, and I went for the funny vote with Pidgeon Boyfriend Simulator.

This discussion has been closed.