As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Winter is Over.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Nuked because it's a licensed game published by Activision. They nuke a bunch every year when they don't want to or can't renew a license.

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Like the Deadpool game which was removed maybe 6 months after release?

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    It irks me to no end that there is DLC for Deadpool that I simply can't buy. Even if it is probably poop the completionist in me itches whenever I think about it.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    https://www.direct2drive.com/#!/download-family-guy-back-to-the-multiverse/5004954

Family Guy game that got nuked from Steam is 10 bucks over at Direct2Drive for any collectors out there.

Why was it nuked?

Being that it's activition, I'd say the clock struck 12 and they turned into a pumpkin lost the license. just like all the Marvel stuff last year.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    It irks me to no end that there is DLC for Deadpool that I simply can't buy. Even if it is probably poop the completionist in me itches whenever I think about it.

Yeah, I find it basically impossible to start games that I don't have the DLC for because I need it all the first run through. Mainly because the chance that I'm going to get back to "it" this decade is slim.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I'm really glad I grabbed Deadpool last year in the final moments before the purge was complete. Didn't even know I was missing DLC. Now I'm bummed.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    That reminds me of the Tomb Raider Underworld dlc. I am a huge fan of that game but I hate that the dlc is 360 exclusive. I have a feeling this might be happening again for the new one.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    What was the Deadpool DLC that I don't have?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jclast wrote: »
    What was the Deadpool DLC that I don't have?

Challenge Maps and Costumes

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Well, pulled the trigger on Child of Light. It's the last of the Steam money from my son for Christmas. It looks crazy good looking from the Youtube clips so I'm pretty excited to give it a try. Plus, I have a four day weekend this week so that's plenty of time to play. Hopefully I can catch a few of you good folks online this weekend for a round of Talisman as well. I've installed it on my tablet for lunch battles against bots, but people are more fun.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    So I might or might not have helped @Shade get access to some valuable information today, I was glad to help since it was for a good cause but you know him, he had to thank me his way!
    Thank you very much for The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, heard a lot of good stuff about this one and it looks like just my kind of game! <3

nr995iuk7uqp.png

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @shade is terrifying me. And it takes a lot to phase me.

Also my brother just texted me that he's coming over with his entire family. Time to lockdown the bedroom!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

Also my brother just texted me that he's coming over with his entire family. Time to lockdown the bedroom!

Shade has also initiated his girlfriend into the ways of the Steam thread, so they are capable of doubling up on whatever bit of nefariousness they're planning.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    For anyone who needs it (doesn't have the badge) I am giving away my cards to anyone who needs to craft the holiday badge once.

Requirements: You'll use it and not sell it, don't have the badge already

Cards available:
    Itsy
    Sliver
    Sparkles
    Zippy

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    @Krummith‌ sent me The Banner Saga, because @Krummith‌ is awesome.

@Krummith‌

Taramoor on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    https://www.direct2drive.com/#!/download-family-guy-back-to-the-multiverse/5004954

Family Guy game that got nuked from Steam is 10 bucks over at Direct2Drive for any collectors out there.

Why was it nuked?

Any open world games where you control one person and can build a nation? Bonus points if said nation is under constant threat of destruction. More bonus points if I get Calvary/vehicles/vehicles pulled by beasts of burden.

Between girl genius and pondering reading all of Conan, I want to dive into an open world game and Tyrian Lannister on the continent until I stand alone....till the lizard men come with their foul magics.

Wouldn't that technically be Mount & Blade?

I'm about to dive back in and was curious if there was something else I had missed that was just as awesome.

• Options
    Have a Zippy, need Tender, Rhombus, or Monte. Not a huge rush though, I have one level of the badge already.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

Why was it nuked?

Any open world games where you control one person and can build a nation? Bonus points if said nation is under constant threat of destruction. More bonus points if I get Calvary/vehicles/vehicles pulled by beasts of burden.

Between girl genius and pondering reading all of Conan, I want to dive into an open world game and Tyrian Lannister on the continent until I stand alone....till the lizard men come with their foul magics.

Wouldn't that technically be Mount & Blade?

I'm about to dive back in and was curious if there was something else I had missed that was just as awesome.

Speaking of which, I wonder what's going on with Bannerlord.

No update since Sept :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obO5sbziqjM

*droooooooooools*

You know, seriously, I don't normally get things Early Access, but I would probably be in day one for this if they put it out EA.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Shade has also initiated his girlfriend into the ways of the Steam thread, so they are capable of doubling up on whatever bit of nefariousness they're planning.

See, this is what worries me about my wife and the Steam thread. I thought it would be hilarious but (A) she's competitive and (B) Antoshka keeps gifting her things. :bigfrown:

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Just a head's up to anyone who uses Origin, people reporting unauthorized purchases being made on accounts. Besides changing password, remove any saved payment options and turn on two-step authentication in account security options (not on by default).

• Options
    Scrolled down to "popular new releases" and this was the first result.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/333600/

@Pixelated Pixie‌ I've found your next game.

/But really, it's getting a little weird how many of these/how popular they are on Steam lately

• Options
    There any interest in a Lethal League 4 pack?

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

See, this is what worries me about my wife and the Steam thread. I thought it would be hilarious but (A) she's competitive and (B) Antoshka keeps gifting her things. :bigfrown:

What's her Steam name?

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular

What's her Steam name?

For science purposes of course.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Just a head's up to anyone who uses Origin, people reporting unauthorized purchases being made on accounts. Besides changing password, remove any saved payment options and turn on two-step authentication in account security options (not on by default).

Cheers for the heads-up. Two-step was already on, but password changed and card info flushed. Nothing untoward on my account.

EDIT: Changed security question too.

Jazz on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Jragghen wrote: »

"Pixelated Pixie"‌ I've found your next game.

/But really, it's getting a little weird how many of these/how popular they are on Steam lately

Eh, there's always been a market for VAs/Dating Sims, and recently Hatoful Boyfriend has acted somewhat as a 'gateway drug' because people are like 'oh lol look at this silly game about dating pidgeons' and then they see a game about dating catgirls and it makes them ask some serious questions about their life as they pull out their wallet.

That said, I watched Dodger (aka presshearttocontinue on youtube) play some of that particular game. Waaaaaaay too much anime bullshit for me.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

What's her Steam name?
    iRevert wrote: »

What's her Steam name?

Nope. Nope nope nope . . .

You can use your sleuthing skills to figure that one out. I've thrown her under the bus enough as it is . . . :wink:

• Options

What's her Steam name?

What's her Steam name?

Nope. Nope nope nope . . .

You can use your sleuthing skills to figure that one out. I've thrown her under the bus enough as it is . . . :wink:

I'll take that as permission to do some poking around then.

Fun fact, the expression on my avatar is the most common one I make in real life.

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

What's her Steam name?

Easy enough to find. AngiKate on Kalnaur's friends list. You know, for science!

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

I have no card info saved (I haven't bought anything on it yet), but I can't seem to turn on two step because even though my account says English, the text to turn on two step is in Japanese.

• Options

Eh, there's always been a market for VAs/Dating Sims, and recently Hatoful Boyfriend has acted somewhat as a 'gateway drug' because people are like 'oh lol look at this silly game about dating pidgeons' and then they see a game about dating catgirls and it makes them ask some serious questions about their life as they pull out their wallet.

That said, I watched Dodger (aka presshearttocontinue on youtube) play some of that particular game. Waaaaaaay too much anime bullshit for me.

This there anything to this game besides being a very pretty and anime pet sim? Because I've got the sims for that.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

This there anything to this game besides being a very pretty and anime pet sim? Because I've got the sims for that.

I'm pretty sure they have a free demo of it on Steam right now if you want to give it a spin.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I went to update my Origin password.

They're still limiting to 16 characters and don't support punctuation? Yeesh.

• Options
    EA's only tech support avenues are talking on the phone or a forum? :-1:

• Options
    edited December 2014
    That Nekopara game looks gross and is hitting every checkbox on the "current anime games are creepy" scale.

Corpekata on
  • Options

I'm pretty sure they have a free demo of it on Steam right now if you want to give it a spin.

offline ;( Hopefully we can negotiate and find work to get the house back online in January.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    For anyone who needs it (doesn't have the badge) I am giving away my cards to anyone who needs to craft the holiday badge once.

Requirements: You'll use it and not sell it, don't have the badge already

Cards available:
    Itsy
    Sliver
    Sparkles
    Zippy

@irevert I need Itsy and Zippy, I'll take either if you still have them.

Anyone else - I have extra Blase, Sage, and Sliver

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    subisubi Registered User regular
    Now I have Itsy if someone need it for badge :)

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

@Pixelated Pixie‌ I've found your next game.

Um... /shudder/

Talk to me after Steam thread raises $10,000 ok? :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    That Nekopara game looks gross and is hitting every checkbox on the "current anime games are creepy" scale.

Pretty sure they've been creepy for a while. It's just that they've not bothered coming to Steam until recently.

(also to clarify, I'm not actually playing these games, I just watch people play them because I have entirely too much time on my hands)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.