Options

High [Chat]

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The things that everyone should really do in a trip to the city are the museums (seriously, we have amazing museums), eat a lot, and walk around in at least one down town neighborhood like the west village or soho.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Man, a sales associate just pissed me off so bad. I asked for help to find some D&D books and she walked me over to where they might be, told her I was looking for my friend to help him out and she told me she couldnt find the d&d section but that they normally kept them behind the register. I said okay and thanked her and told her i'd keep looking in the section we were standing in that did have some roleplaying books (and DID have some d&d shit). Suddenly she got irate and was like "is your friend already looking in that section?!" And i said no, politely and thanked her again and told her it was okay i'd keep looking and she was like "but i didnt even answer your question, you know what, whatever" and walked away in a huff. My friend pointed to the books and told me they were right there, other customers were like "wow".

I was just gonna remain in a bad mood and walk out but I reported her to a manager. A first for me. But still. Fuck that lady.

@OnTheLastCastle‌ this is my post from earlier today

sucks, but her being a butthole is her loss. you only lose if you let it affect you too.

ur bewtiful in everry single way, word cant bring u down

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    man air bnb has some cheap places!

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Like, I pride myself on not going full on hoodrat because I know what it's like to work retail, but even when someone was rude to me, I tried to not take it out on someone else. I could've escalated it, but I reported her to her manager so I'm sure that was the right thing to do. BUT I wish I had been snarkier to her instead of just letting her walk off.

I don't know if this makes me a pussy or not, and I'm sort of tired of being pushed around or people perceiving me as being easy to push around. I shouldn't lower myself to her level, but I sort of wish I did so I'd be seen as not a push-over?

I'm having some self-esteem issues here and it revolves around this heifer. Even though I know I did the right thing.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I have rollplay on because they re doing Shadowrun and I know like 3 of the people.

One of them is playing a dove shaman and playing her like the biggest hippie ever. It is pretty great.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    man air bnb has some cheap places!

When you're illegally operating a hotel, you'd be surprised at the corners you can cut!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Like, I pride myself on not going full on hoodrat because I know what it's like to work retail, but even when someone was rude to me, I tried to not take it out on someone else. I could've escalated it, but I reported her to her manager so I'm sure that was the right thing to do. BUT I wish I had been snarkier to her instead of just letting her walk off.

I don't know if this makes me a pussy or not, and I'm sort of tired of being pushed around or people perceiving me as being easy to push around. I shouldn't lower myself to her level, but I sort of wish I did so I'd be seen as not a push-over?

I'm having some self-esteem issues here and it revolves around this heifer. Even though I know I did the right thing.

trying not to be a "pussy" is dangerously often a way to become an abrasive person

sig.gif
  • Options
    Engaging her would have been the wrong thing to do. You did the right thing by not. It's cool, Mim.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    scheck and i just ended our conversation by yelling about the colour of my dick

this is the golden age of the internet

• Options
    People can only make you feel as bad as you let them.

Well, unless they hit you or something. That shit hurts. I know.

• Options
    i do really like south park. 18 seasons and it's still doing some pretty clever satire. i actually think it's gotten better.

this episode has people cutting off yellow wristbands, probably for Lance Armstrong's livestrong, but then it turns out they discovered HGH in the shroud of turin so it's WWJD wristbands

• Options
    People can only make you feel as bad as you let them.

Well, unless they hit you or something. That shit hurts. I know.

I'm pretty sure if she hit me I would've been dumbfounded but then I would've rolled a d20 that always landed on 20 and crit her.

• Options
    In other news, I got swanky unisex undies today, weeee.

• Options

trying not to be a "pussy" is dangerously often a way to become an abrasive person

Yeah, I just guess I wish I stood up for myself a bit more? Or people didn't perceive me as this sweet lil' ol' thang that needs protecting but could easily be pushed over.

Like, I know I'm not, I have a high threshold for bullshit and I pop off when I need to (like I think it actually warrants it).

I just...I dunno.

I dunno.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    they're releasing all maps free but gating dlc characters and monsters behind money

sux

you only get a 3rd hunter and monster for each class if you preorder =/

Yeah but I guarantee there's gonna be an Evolve: ULTIMATE EDITION ONLY $9.99 during a steam sale at some point which is another reason I'm not in any rush.

uhm excuse me sir but the only place to play fun shooters with your bros is xbone

uh oh i forgot ur a console

oh god i think i got console on me

brb going to hospital

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

? What are unisex undies?

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I'm tempted to take up hunting just so I can eat venison more often.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

Yeah, I just guess I wish I stood up for myself a bit more? Or people didn't perceive me as this sweet lil' ol' thang that needs protecting but could easily be pushed over.

Like, I know I'm not, I have a high threshold for bullshit and I pop off when I need to (like I think it actually warrants it).

I just...I dunno.

I dunno.

Be assertive doesn't mean popping off.

It isn't raising your voice or ripping people apart it is standing your ground and saying politely and flatly what needs to happen.

Screaming at people tends to bring things to a head than a proper conclusion.

I tend to use my teacher voice such folks as you described. You will learn one if you teach anywhere. It is loud enough to cut, strong enough to leave no room for argument and with a bit of disappointment to guilt.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    scheck and i just ended our conversation by yelling about the colour of my dick

this is the golden age of the internet

scheck says the color is puce, for those interested

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

There is this new thing called exchanging money for goods and services. I reccomend you try it.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

now I wish I had deer sausage so I could cook and devour it

actually no I wish someone would cook it elsewhere and deliver it to me because holy shit does that stuff smell terrible when it's cooking

so delicious tho

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

Do they have a junk hole?

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options

A dude behind me in the super market was picking up some beef fat to use when making homemade venison sausage.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    @syndalis - have you tried the black pits? I want to play it for sure.

I have not - been fully sucked into the intrigues and quests of Baldur's Gate - Party is floating between 7 and 8... and there is so much left to do both inside and outside the city.

I still want to do the TOTSC, Tower, Beard stuff.. still only on Chapter 5...

Is there an XP cap in BG1:EE?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

There is this new thing called exchanging money for goods and services. I reccomend you try it.

sounds risky

i'll stick to bartering for everything

pretty soon I'll have enough goats for a BMW

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    redx wrote: »

Do they have a junk hole?

they do.

from american apparel

weird thing, they fit okay in the butt/hip area but not in the thighs. I got a 30/32 and I went to uniqlo where I was about a 30 in pants. I have tried other places where a 32 was either right, or too big

so I'm wondering if maybe they need to be thrown in the wash to let them expand a bit in the thighs or what? But right now they're pressing into my meaty legs.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

I like venison sausage but have never really had it in other preparations. I should try to get hold of some

What I want to eat more of is duck

• Options
    twitch let me log in

if the evolve beta is still up....

• Options
    I had lamb and a baked yam for dinner.

But I am wishing I bought snacks. I want a snack.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I just...I dunno.

I dunno.

It isn't raising your voice or ripping people apart it is standing your ground and saying politely and flatly what needs to happen.

I tend to use my teacher voice such folks as you described. You will learn one if you teach anywhere. It is loud enough to cut, strong enough to leave no room for argument and with a bit of disappointment to guilt.

hmm

i will nurture this

• Options
    mazzy did you see i made good yakisoba on my first try

though the noodles were a bit tough. unsure if that means i did not boil or stir fry long enough

• Options
    welp the evolve beta is still live so

twitch.tv/onthelastcastle in a minute or three

• Options
    mazzy did you see i made good yakisoba on my first try

though the noodles were a bit tough. unsure if that means i did not boil or stir fry long enough

Boil.

But I saw and awesomed.

I made herb marinated lamb chops tonight.

I really want cheez its though but I don't buy snacks for this reason.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I just...I dunno.

I dunno.

hmm

i will nurture this

You should just get a tazer.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »

I just...I dunno.

I dunno.

hmm

i will nurture this

You should just get a tazer.

I LIKE THIS IDEA MORE.

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

I like venison sausage but have never really had it in other preparations. I should try to get hold of some

What I want to eat more of is duck

Venison has a huge range

Sometimes it's stringy and tough and gamey

Sometimes it takes like a slightly darker richer lamb

I've had it twice in the last month and it was delicious both times.

• Options
    My other key to knocking people down verbally is throwing what they have said back in their face. I am really good at remembering details so I can do this well.

Also it is a super dickish thing to do. Do not do it unless they really deserve it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Apparently Closing Time by Semi Sonic is really about having a baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niz9FtJIB2Y#t=571
    3:20

This discussion has been closed.