Options

[Fantasy Life] Be any job! Swap anytime! Craft, gather, fight! Collect poo!

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Or more likely, you get nothing because they never set themselves to give out a gift. :-p

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    If you have two 3DSs you can pop the game in your other 3DS and streetpass yourself some rare baller items to sell or craft or whatever.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Oh, I don't need anything, I just happened to notice that only about a quarter of my StreetPasses actually had gifts.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    the ones i get via relay had some pretty cool stuff, like 90 treasures.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I don't even know how to give out more than 1 item.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Think it's only possible with stackable items: the consumables and materials. If you have more than one in the slot when you set it as a gift, they all get given.

• Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    Any of you wonderful people a creator-level tailor? I was going to grind up to it to make my lady the top tier armor, but it's a freakin drag.

fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• Options
    ogretzogretz Registered User regular
    I am, may not have all the rare mats for some pieces. What set are you looking for?

friend code: 2165-5516-7098
  • Options
    Speaking of Tailor, I only seem to have 5 Heroic Tailor recipes. Two magic robes and the associated hats, plus a polka dot skirt. Am I missing something, or am I just supposed to grind those five recipes until my Tailoring is 15? :(

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Grind. At least its not chef. The robes are pretty profitable too once you can buy the manas.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Speaking of Tailor, I only seem to have 5 Heroic Tailor recipes. Two magic robes and the associated hats, plus a polka dot skirt. Am I missing something, or am I just supposed to grind those five recipes until my Tailoring is 15? :(

You might be missing something. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't know how into Fantasy Life you are, but do you talk to everyone who is associated with tailoring? Look up the NPC list and talk to all those people until there are no more question marks, they may teach you new things.

The best thing to make to grind to 15 tailoring is the Umbral Robe, which if you have the DLC and the story finished, you can buy all the components to make.

http://fantasy-life.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Mana
    http://fantasy-life.wikia.com/wiki/Demonic_Powder
    http://fantasy-life.wikia.com/wiki/Starry_Thread

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Pretty sure I've talked to all the Tailoring NPCs, yeah (though that list is super helpful, thanks Sporky!). And I can buy all the manas for the robes, I was just hoping there was more to craft. Hadn't needed to grind much with the other crafting disciplines because there were enough things to make that there was some nice variety.

SwashbucklerXX on
  • Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    ogretz wrote: »
    I am, may not have all the rare mats for some pieces. What set are you looking for?

Just need the valkyrie set for my lady. I feel bad that I'm creator status blacksmith and can only craft uber armor for myself >.<

fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• Options
    Pretty sure I've talked to all the Tailoring NPCs, yeah (though that list is super helpful, thanks Sporky!). And I can buy all the manas for the robes, I was just hoping there was more to craft. Hadn't needed to grind much with the other crafting disciplines because there were enough things to make that there was some nice variety.

Also specifically for tailoring, cooking and alchemy, you really want those 3 gold coin skill leveling accessories, it really helps a lot to get over that hump to legendary. ESPECIALLY cooking.

• Options
    ogretz wrote: »

Just need the valkyrie set for my lady. I feel bad that I'm creator status blacksmith and can only craft uber armor for myself >.<

I can help with all the mats but a few items. Protection stone+ x1, Queen Gel x1, Crystal Scale x1 and Prism Jewel x1. Also I'm working from home today so I can pretty much hop on whenever to craft.

• Options
    MysfytMysfyt silly bookah Lion's Arch, TyriaRegistered User regular
    Finished the main game and have to gain a few levels before starting the DLC. Even after 60-odd hours, I'm STILL not sure what to do about stats. I like swapping between lives, a lot. Even the combat lives. I probably gravitate more toward wizard right now, but I level all the crafting lives whether I can use the stuff or not. So with stats, I've mostly kept it all balanced with a few extra points in luck. Is this sustainable through the DLC, or should I really focus on one combat life and 2-3 stats?

3DS: 4167-5901-6785
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    From the start of the game I picked Paladin and I'm really glad I did. I put every point into strength, vitality and luck, emphasis on strength but fairly even. This let me explore Paladin, Mercenary, Woodcutter, Miner, Carpenter, and Blacksmith easily, which I think are the most useful lives.

But you probably don't have anything to worry about, I think even through the DLC you don't need any specific level or amount of stats. It's all kept reasonably easy I believe. There is combat but you'll get through it.

The most important thing is just getting to the end so you can unlock the lunares coins system and start earning coins to buy the double XP shoes and the free stat reset mirror.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    In my experience, the game kind of expects you to focus on one combat life if you're intending to fight things a lot. I think the defense stat is subtractive in this game, so it's pretty easy to reach a point where increasing a stat by 10-20 can almost double your actual damage. Two-handers are probably the most flexible weapon type stat-wise, since they get full benefit from two stats instead of one and they have high base damage to begin with. In the midgame, using a wand off of 15 intelligence is just not that practical.

As other professions go, the value of stats fluctuates wildly from one to a next. You can tailor off of 5 dexterity with no problem, but making high-quality tools with lousy vitality is rough, and you can't keep up with mining or woodcutting at all if you aren't making a decent investment in strength.

I started the game as a wizard, but I quickly decided that intelligence and focus didn't feel all that urgent for the professions that I found most interesting, and that being good at woodcutting/blacksmithing would let me make better weapons and tools and thus indirectly make me better at all other professions. So like UncleSporky, I shifted more towards a Strength/Vitality/Luck build even though I used all the crafting professions to some extent. Being a versatile crafter is harder if you're relying on dexterity or intelligence as your primary combat stat.

Of course, once you finish the main game (pre-DLC) you can respec your stats at will, so you can just do whatever and see how it feels.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    I think my game is at like 150 hours by now. A lot of it played while doing other things like watching Youtube or Netflix.

I think I'm at level 180 or so. I have every job to creator except Hunter, which for some reason I saved completely for last, didn't even start leveling it at all after finishing the initial quest. But I spent some time last night getting it up to Hero so far.

And I finished all 3 of the endgame tower challenge things, which is cool.

I've also done every creator life quest except the four combat life ones, which are super nasty and I don't even know if I could do them at this point. You go attack the ancient napdragon or bone T-Rex thing and do 2 or 3 damage per hit.

But I haven't crafted endgame armor for myself yet, which you can kit out with stuff like attack+ and crit+ and skill bar fill+ so that will probably make all the difference. I'm still wearing the dang witch hat and prince suit, and XP shoes and 2x chest drop gloves. Once I hit max level and can leave that stuff behind I should see some good offense and defense bonuses.

Though I don't even know if I want to keep playing at this point, I'm basically done. I haven't crafted one of everything yet but I don't think I need to. A lot of those items require things that are still rare drops.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Does using the crafting special skills limit your item to only being Good Quality and not Great or Top?

Because that's infuriating if it is. I use them to dodge the goddamn timing segments when I can because those get tiring the fastest. I've made like an entire set of Savage Armor, I'm an Expert, Good or Great quality Silver Hammer and all I've gotten is Good.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    Hey guys. How does Fantasy Life compare to Rune Factory IV? They seem similar at a glance.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Does using the crafting special skills limit your item to only being Good Quality and not Great or Top?

Because that's infuriating if it is. I use them to dodge the goddamn timing segments when I can because those get tiring the fastest. I've made like an entire set of Savage Armor, I'm an Expert, Good or Great quality Silver Hammer and all I've gotten is Good.

Nope, you can get top quality while using them. They in fact make it easier because they both clear sections faster and perfectly.

I suspect your stats aren't high enough. What's your vit?

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Hey guys. How does Fantasy Life compare to Rune Factory IV? They seem similar at a glance.

Quite different. Fantasy Life doesn't have relationships and marriage, and it doesn't have farming. It also doesn't have a passage of time that matters (seasons) or a stamina meter that empties over the course of the day and forces you to sleep. Instead you just keep playing as much as you want through multiple day and night cycles.

It's a lot like a single player MMO without the massive part, but it's more fun than that sounds. It's a fun grind with tons of equipment and items and quests to do.

Rune Factory is very regimented by comparison. You wake up, water the crops, check their health levels or whatever, clean up the field, talk to specific people in town to raise relationships with them, go read the wiki and find out that the girl you want to marry likes blue roses so you go give her a blue rose every day, fight a few monsters, go to the hot springs to refill your stamina, go fishing, go to sleep and do it all over again.

Fantasy life is freewheeling, you can do whatever you want without worrying about crops dying or girls not liking you.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

Nope, you can get top quality while using them. They in fact make it easier because they both clear sections faster and perfectly.

I suspect your stats aren't high enough. What's your vit?

As a Blacksmith, 30. I'm level 29 and Vitality is my highest stat by far (Strength is 21) and I was making Great to Top pretty consistently for a while. Then all of a sudden it just dropped off.

• Options
    Hmm. Might be a tad low for expert rank stuff, but not that much. If your hammer is also up to par...

The only other thing is the hammering part has an odd timing to it.

• Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular

Quite different. Fantasy Life doesn't have relationships and marriage, and it doesn't have farming. It also doesn't have a passage of time that matters (seasons) or a stamina meter that empties over the course of the day and forces you to sleep. Instead you just keep playing as much as you want through multiple day and night cycles.

It's a lot like a single player MMO without the massive part, but it's more fun than that sounds. It's a fun grind with tons of equipment and items and quests to do.

Rune Factory is very regimented by comparison. You wake up, water the crops, check their health levels or whatever, clean up the field, talk to specific people in town to raise relationships with them, go read the wiki and find out that the girl you want to marry likes blue roses so you go give her a blue rose every day, fight a few monsters, go to the hot springs to refill your stamina, go fishing, go to sleep and do it all over again.

Fantasy life is freewheeling, you can do whatever you want without worrying about crops dying or girls not liking you.

Hmm... that sounds pretty good actually. I've been playing a lot of games lately that are regimented as you say, and it'd be a nice change of pace to just freewheel it. That's one of the reasons I'm relishing my return to iOS (was using a Z10 for the past year). Pick up and put down games are the closest thing to the NES games I grew up on and I forget how much fun can be had outside the epic scope of a 40+ hour narrative driven game.

Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular

this is a perfect definition. You pick herbs, mine mineral nodes, cut specific trees, fish from fishing spots, gather leather, meat and miscellaneous items from mobs, then take all that stuff and craft; the best gear is all craftable.
    There's also 4 combat jobs, paladin, mercenary, hunter and mage.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So I picked this up recently, and I'm having a blast. Don't know how much longer the main story is gonna go, but I've gotten to master rank with paladin, and finished Al Maajik for the most part. Bought the DLC too.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Judging by the areas I've been able to get to, and I'm about to finish up Al Maajik as well, there's the Elderwood left and whatever final areas open up after that. The moon maybe?

Looking at the DLC, a lot of the neat items seem to be somewhat useless just due to being the end of the game. What's the point of double XP boots when you literally beat everything already?

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The double-XP boots are absolutely amazing, actually. You can get them long before you can "beat everything". There are badass (yet fun) challenges at the end that you'll still want to level for.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Man. The platinum weapons are full of rare stuff to forge. Gonna have to look up where most of this stuff comes from.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Just started playing this and having a lot of fun. Picked Hunter as my first life, and I now have a dog to act as fodder while I'll shoot stuff from a distance. Any advice for newbie? I'm thinking of switching life to try mining - is it worth switching up a lot?

Cullen on
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    Man. The platinum weapons are full of rare stuff to forge. Gonna have to look up where most of this stuff comes from.

Yeah, it can get rough at the higher level items...

but then you hit creator and make Freya armor and you look kind of awesome.

That said, of all the creator rank stuff.... nothing compares to talking to the lady of the forest (forgot her name) while doing it for woodcutter, and doubly so after finishing.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    heenato wrote: »

Yeah, it can get rough at the higher level items...

but then you hit creator and make Freya armor and you look kind of awesome.

That said, of all the creator rank stuff.... nothing compares to talking to the lady of the forest (forgot her name) while doing it for woodcutter, and doubly so after finishing.
    It's annoying, because I've outgrown all the equipment I could make already, but need to make it to rank up my blacksmithing again.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Make it and sell it!

EMBRACE THE PROFIT.

• Options
    well, yes. But I don't have the ingredients needed to make the things.

Especially the platinum hammer, since the only way to do that is get expert or higher at woodcutting, which I have not even started doing.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Oh, yeah, there is that.

I'm just before that in that I can't really mine platinum too efficiently just yet, so I guess I have to just suck it up and work on the story.

I really just want to have full access to the map so I can go around and get everything and just be a craft master. That's all I want out of the game.

• Options
    Oh. I'm fine on the platinum. I can just BUY that. It's the rarer things for weapons and such that I have to actually hunt for.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Judging by the areas I've been able to get to, and I'm about to finish up Al Maajik as well, there's the Elderwood left and whatever final areas open up after that. The moon maybe?

Looking at the DLC, a lot of the neat items seem to be somewhat useless just due to being the end of the game. What's the point of double XP boots when you literally beat everything already?

Everything is a pretty huge step up in difficulty in the DLC. You need all the stats that you can get.

• Options
    Cullen wrote: »
    Just started playing this and having a lot of fun. Picked Hunter as my first life, and I now have a dog to act as fodder while I'll shoot stuff from a distance. Any advice for newbie? I'm thinking of switching life to try mining - is it worth switching up a lot?

My first advise is to go through the initial sequence with every life. If that is too tedious at least do the gathering lives and smithing/tailoring/carpentry. For most of the lives you will be able to complete many of the challenges while not even using that life so you can rank up fairly efficiently. I ended up just skipping the intro to the combat lives. The crafting ones provide some valuable cash early on though so I'd go through those.

As far as if you should switch alot, that is a different question. The main quest can be completed fairly easily as any life so you may want to just stick with what you like. According to my friends I'm a power gamer so I completed all the challenges on almost all of the lives before I moved on to the next zone. I'd at least try to keep your primary combat profession up to date as well as gathering and carpentry/smithing/tailoring. This way you can always gather the materials in the one you are questing in, which provides resources or your crafting.

Another thing to consider is that crafting always makes you money. If there is something you really want to buy, purchase materials to craft some items, craft them, then resell for a profit. Last tip, the pets are not very good. Don't waste your early points in gaining the ability to use more pets. Any of the npc's you can recruit are always going to be better than the pets stat wise.