As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] The Bard's Tale

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Trist's tweaks give her a much more responsive auto, some fun gameplay in her kit, and tones down her lategame hypercarry status.

I also want to say that her AP build is less bursty, but I haven't run the numbers, the delayed explosion makes it feel that way, at least.

She's fun and flows much better now.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    All of Trist's skins now AA like Rocket Girl Tristana always did, that is to say she now has a good AA on all her skins instead of just the one. Like I said before, I feel like she is now a more fun champ but with more defined weaknesses. Her AS is now really slow without her Q up.

AP Trist is dead. You have to AA 4 times to make her E do high AP damage, her R ratio got hit, her W lost 70 base damage and 0.3 ratio, her R lost 0.4 AP ratio.

She only has 2.0 AP Ratio burst with her EWR now, 3.0 IF you can AA the target 4 times after Eing them first and still land the W on top of them. Hell, even the active on her E is now physical damage instead of magic so your sorc shoes don't help it.

My favorite thing about her now by far is how well she kills turrets.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    It also amuses me that her best skin is now the one you get for free.

• Options
    i wish i had the elf trist skin or firefighter as they're both really nice now too. The only ones I have are riot girl and rocket girl because rocket girl was previously the only one with a snappy AA.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Playing Tristana feels like cheating. I never owned her prior to the rework and having that much self-peel and safety to me is stupid easy, I don't have to do anything. I don't have to think, I just play dumb and make it work.

butts
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Do you guys think Trist is pick-or-ban at the moment, or just fun to play?

Can't wait to try her on Monday when I get back home.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    She was safer before, because her range was even higher as she levelled up. Also, her ult used to have a shorter CD. She's imo the safest ADC there is and always has been, the only problem that has ever existed for her is her weak midgame, and now her weak attack speed when her Q is down. If the enemy team gets ahead and can force you to fight before she hits 3 items, or 2 depending on how long the game is going, she's not very effective.

• Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    Her level two all-in became even more deadly; they increased the flat damage on her abilities and gave the E->W multiplier.

I would download a car.
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1713989442/49980020?tab=overview

Rumble: Who cares how you did, get one item, land some equalizers, and you'll win.

EDIT: For reference, the two big bubbles where I got a triple kill and after the second one we won? Dragon pit fights. Rumble ults. cue credits

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    credeiki wrote: »
    Do you guys think Trist is pick-or-ban at the moment, or just fun to play?

Can't wait to try her on Monday when I get back home.

I think she's more fun to play, but based on what I've seen I don't think she's pick/ban at all. I've seen her banned a lot in ranked but I think it's because people just aren't sure what she can do yet.

She's undoubtedly weaker now when her Q is down, no question. If you're laning against her and you can get her to use it then all in when it's down, most other ADCs will beat her in lane I think. I think Graves is better in lane than her. Also Lucian. I think Sivir probably beats her in lane, especially if Trist can't all in her support, because Trist's new E is crazy telegraphed so it'll be impossibly easy to spell shield which hurts her all in damage. I think Corki beats her up in lane too.

I'm going to play her more now than before because I've always liked her, and I'm perfectly content to just farm until I get strong, and her new E is really fun to use. Her on tower harass is crazy fun now because you E the tower and if you can shoot it 5 times the explosion is pretty large and is hard to avoid for the enemy ADC.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    Also, Ahri's win rate has jumped up over 57% since the patch. I had a feeling the buffs they gave her to make up for the DFG/charm change were maybe too much.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Riot confuses my brain so hard.
    First, they use some other combination of bans and picks adding up to over 130, but now it's under 20? What are you doing, Riot?

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Hmm...
    Fr3deric...
    5341785b9a946.jpg

Hargaad of Omnar on
    Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    is yorick still super oppressive at top

• Options
    I don't think Yorick is really a big deal at all. He's hard to 1v1 for a lot of champs, but that's okay because the jungler probably won't let you 1v1. Also, there are so many good top champs that can farm from range and be worth 5 times as much to their team as Yorick like Gnar that who cares.

• Options
    DJ Sona is real as hell, and holy crap they went full-on Daft Punk with her.

• Options
    Nooooooooooooooooooo. Sona's fine and all, but blech.

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I really love the personality they are putting into some of the updates and skins.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    They should make sure that ultimate skins are always updated. Pulsefire is really showing its age.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    or you could accept that things that people make three years later will reflect the skills they have acquired in that time

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Speaking of skins, I just got a riot survey asking if I'd be interested in paying 520 rp for skin recolors (like, you buy a recolored texture for a skin you already own)

I'm not sure I appropriately replied with my disgust...

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    or you could accept that things that people make three years later will reflect the skills they have acquired in that time

Or they could use their improved skills and accumulated experience to keep their once a year premium line of skins up to date.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I agree with Talith that for skins that cost as much as ultimates do, and only come out once a year or less frequently, they should always be getting texture updates and brought up to date so that newer legendary skins aren't better looking/sounding than ultimate skins.

• Options
    oh no this thing you've enjoyed for years looks slightly worse than it used to by comparison to the new stuff they're putting out

tromboooooooone

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    That's a very gooselike way of treating someone else's opinion. Ultimate skins are infrequent and highly expensive. I don't think it's unreasonable to hope or expect they'd be kept up to date.

• Options
    i mean it's the same basic principle as making fun of people who try to go in to a store a month later because the thing they bought went on sale and they want a refund for the difference, or who want to bring their car to a shop and get new parts for free because new ones came out. it's absurd and the only reason you think it's different is because you perceive digital goods as something that can be upgraded at any time.

no! you bought what you bought because you liked what it was, not out of some promise that it would get better or something. the only reason you're not satisfied with it is because you compare it to other things or what other people are getting instead of being happy about what it is. just abandon your capitalist programming to spend on new and shiny and enjoy the things about the thing that made you buy it in the first place. and if you don't enjoy those things? you shouldn't have bought it!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    like riot goes WAY above and beyond for updating old content already, to absurdly unprofitable and needless levels

asking for more just seems incredibly greedy

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    it was good enough for you to buy it in the first place

• Options
    Ezreal's old enough that he's got to be pretty high on the VU list, right?

• Options
    It's not like anybody is acting angry that they're not keeping the ultimate skins updated. Talith just said he wished they'd do so. It's more like buying an expensive car and expecting to have a good warranty that will cover keeping it in top shape for years to come, which is what you get when you buy a new nice car.

Gnome is just being a super goose and taking a mega goose stance instead of just making points.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Jeez, there's alot of negative comments on that DJ Sona video.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    It's not like anybody is acting angry that they're not keeping the ultimate skins updated. Talith just said he wished they'd do so. It's more like buying an expensive car and expecting to have a good warranty that will cover keeping it in top shape for years to come, which is what you get when you buy a new nice car.

Gnome is just being a super goose and taking a mega goose stance instead of just making points.

no it's more like buying a skin that has a high price because it has an evolving appearance, new vfx and voice, and everything that pulsefire ezreal has and continues to have. that is what earned his price. there was no promise of upgrades. i am making many points and you refuse to listen to them because you think i am being mean.

e: like comparing pulsefire to an expensive car i mean really what a full of yourself way of looking at it. it's a cosmetic skin in a video game. you spent money for dinner on it.
    Jeez, there's alot of negative comments on that DJ Sona video.

yeah a lot of people don't want sona to get an ultimate skin

i guess they forgot that the last one was on udyr, a champion who was borderline unplayed at the time of its release

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Ezreal's old enough that he's got to be pretty high on the VU list, right?

I doubt it. People generally love/ love-to-hate Ezreal and he doesn't really suffer from overwhelmingly terrible animations or horrible models like most of the VU waiting list does.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I mean, support mains are salty because people don't really dig new Sona that much.

Other mains are salty because Sona is the most support main of Support characters and isn't Leona.

But like, does it really matter that much who gets the skins? I'd rather Riot make something cool with characters that aren't as popular than force something dumb for a popular character.

• Options
    i like new sona

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    like riot goes WAY above and beyond for updating old content already, to absurdly unprofitable and needless levels

They raise the standards themselves, and consequently baseline expectations rise to those new standards.

That the game looks better and better all the time and keeps getting updated is a huge selling point of investing your time in LoL. When all of the free and base pieces of the game have this characteristic (from characters to levels to hud to...), it starts to feel unusual that the super-premium pieces of the game don't.

I don't think they have an obligation to do that, but I see it as a perceptive hole that they dug for themselves.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    I honestly haven't played her much. It happened more or less when I stopped playing heavily and haven't played that many support games since I started playing again.

• Options

In addition to Kinetic, here is Concussive and Ethereal.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    oh no this thing you've enjoyed for years looks slightly worse than it used to by comparison to the new stuff they're putting out

tromboooooooone

MY HOT TAKE
    giphy.gif

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.