As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] The Bard's Tale

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Yeah, the highlight to watch for LCS today is ~18:50 in the CLG/TIP game.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I don't understand why Kalista's rend doesn't have a maximum damage like every other similar ability in the game

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I don't understand why Kalista's rend doesn't have a maximum damage like every other similar ability in the game

It does, just through a softer cap of 'how much can you AS before a stack goes away'.

• Options

It does, just through a softer cap of 'how much can you AS before a stack goes away'.

I know but most abilities that have high crazy damage potential against things like dragon have a "maximum vs monsters"

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Its a pretty impressive amount of coordination to pull that combo off.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    the blitz kalista? yeah it's crazy

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Alright...don't screw this up, Dyrus, or you're getting replaced!

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Question re: Hurricane Kalista.

People are doing this because it triples the range of her dash, or something?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »

Higher attack speed = more attacks = more movement speed/dodges.

And also because it allows her to do more damage with E.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Bethryn wrote: »

Higher attack speed = more attacks = more movement speed/dodges.

And also because it allows her to do more damage with E.
    Yeah, but Hurricane isn't The Only Attack Speed Item.

It's nothing to do with the triple attacks? Stacks for E hitting multiple people?

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    its completely because of Rend for the record, sneaky has been doing vamp scepter + runaans -- > finishing bloodthirster in most of his solo queue games. it makes Rend resets brain dead

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    Yup, that flash blitz hook + kal ult... once again... made me malphite.

CLG'S BACK BABY! WE'RE BACK!

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular

I know but most abilities that have high crazy damage potential against things like dragon have a "maximum vs monsters"
    That's for abilities that are based on the target's health. As overall sustained damage output goes, Rend is equivalent to a small nuke plus 32 damage per attack for the next 4 seconds. There's nothing asymmetrical about it in terms of players versus monsters.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Varega wrote: »

So, wait...you get scarra back next week or the week after?
    Either way, I'm not looking forward to facing you next week. :\

• Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Varega wrote: »

So, wait...you get scarra back next week or the week after?
    Either way, I'm not looking forward to facing you next week. :\

Scarra's benched for the first 3 weeks. So he'll be here the week after. To be honest, that doublelift proxy strat was super brilliant, surprised he came up with it.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Ahri is much harder to
    Wyvern wrote: »

That's for abilities that are based on the target's health. As overall sustained damage output goes, Rend is equivalent to a small nuke plus 32 damage per attack for the next 4 seconds. There's nothing asymmetrical about it in terms of players versus monsters.

Rend does not have a 4 second cap. if you add a spear it resets the duration.

Additionally it's not "32 damage per attack" it's 60+ 60% total AD for the first hit and 32 plus 30% total AD for subsequent hits.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I had an ap MF on my team. while we won I don't think they did a whole lot, had more to do with us going 6/0 at bot

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    The thing about the Kalista picks is that the teams up against her weren't picking proper champs to deal with her. Champs with slow and/or telegraphed skill shots aren't going to get the job done. You need dudes who can either get up in her grill or throw stuff at her she can't avoid. Ironically (or not), C9 picked several of them for their own team in their game. Vi: can't dodge Assault and Battery. Lissandra: can't dodge Frozen Tomb. Annie: can't dodge Tibbers.

Picking Morgana, Janna, Lulu, Corki, or Jarvan ain't gonna cut it.

• Options
    Runaans is so you get spears everywhere all over the place so you can get rend resets by hitting a caster minion as you trade, or just spreading a bunch of aoe damage in teamfights. Kalista scales with attack speed and attack spreading like Vayne, but even harder.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    This was by far the dumbest game I've ever been a part of.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1715856699/230981?tab=overview

Jax sits top the entire game and never leaves under ANY circumstances. Once the laning phase is over, Trundle switches between the bottom lane and the jungle all game, again never once responding to anything that happens on the map. Meanwhile the rest of us are getting fucked straight up in the middle in 3v4s and 3v5s over and over again while they ravage our towers. And their team is tanky as hell, so we're not even getting many kills. Jinx and I are getting increasingly frustrated, and we're BEGGING Jax and Trundle to do ANYTHING AT ALL to help and neither one says a word. It's not like they're tearing up the lanes split pushing, either. Bottom in particular doesn't lose a single tower after the laning phase; Trundle is just farming it for gold while we all die.

Then Jax dies alone 1v5 halfway up top, and I'm like, "Well, that's an inhibiter gone, since there's absolutely no chance that Trundle will defend." And of course he doesn't, and we lose the inhibiter, and they go for the win. Trundle finally takes down the inhibiter, which is literally the first thing he's accomplished in the last ten minutes. He's still on the towers while their team is already targeting our naked Nexus. "Oh, great job Trundle," I say. "You'll TOTALLY win this 1v4 base race for us!" Jinx says in all-chat "Report Trundle for not cooperating with the team."

Except...Kalista is dead, and the four they have on our base are three pure tanks and LeBlanc. It takes them so long to whittle it down that a few of us revive, I distract them with stuns and stuff, and Trundle actually wins the fucking game. I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    piglet didn't have any masteries on during his debut match in america 8-)

• Options
    piglet didn't have any masteries on during his debut match in america 8-)

that is a very good way to lose lane by like 30 CS and ease your way into a 27 minute IE

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Start 11/2/9 but lose because my team doesn't do anything to help protect their fed ADC against Talon/Vi~

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    in fairness that's the same experience you would have had if you were playing with me

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Well. That was a game.

I'd feel bad about dying that much, but the deaths usually turned into 1 for 3-5's, and so totally worth.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    maplestreet isn't pr0lly, but he's still a pretty good interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S0hdWZnyu4

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I don't know if its just me, but it seems like players are really stingy with honoring teammates / opponents. I try to always honor teammates/enemies that are playmakers, unless they are sore losers/winners about it.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Really all you need to know from GV/Dig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5jbc8Op2r4

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    It strikes me that every time a team comes up with a comp that doesn't include a way to decisively start a fight, they lose. Because it means that the moment they get in a bad spot, all they can do is run away, since they've denied themselves the option of moving forwards. Which is very unfortunate when what you're forced to fall back from and kite away from is your inhibitor turret.
    Just look at Dig and TIP yesterday.

Or to put it another way, single target skill-shot stuns are not a good way to start fights. They're good for picks, but champs like Thresh, Xerath and Elise (or Lee Sin) are not very good primary initiators and if any of them or someone with similar skills is an LCS team's primary engage, they usually lose. Because they never get to pick a good fight after 20/ 25 minutes and are completely at the other team's mercy.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Put my team on my back and carried from my support role, got a single Teamwork honor after the match. (Even managed a Quadra kill when the enemy tried for baron, did 50% more damage then the next highest teammate which was JG)
    http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1716404379/34976965?tab=overview

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    It strikes me that every time a team comes up with a comp that doesn't include a way to decisively start a fight, they lose. Because it means that the moment they get in a bad spot, all they can do is run away, since they've denied themselves the option of moving forwards. Which is very unfortunate when what you're forced to fall back from and kite away from is your inhibitor turret.

Or to put it another way, single target skill-shot stuns are not a good way to start fights. They're good for picks, but champs like Thresh, Xerath and Elise (or Lee Sin) are not very good primary initiators and if any of them or someone with similar skills is an LCS team's primary engage, they usually lose. Because they never get to pick a good fight after 20/ 25 minutes and are completely at the other team's mercy.

Sejuani/Ashe ults are about the minimum I guess. They only stun one person, but they slow the area by a ton.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SpotlightKeilSpotlightKeil Registered User regular
    just uh, got a pretty hefty report probably from a game where I may/may not have lost my cool a bit.

Had a Riven. A RIVEN! buy an Essence Reaver, and when I pointed it out that she needed a tank item not one that gave her mana, she sold her GA got a Thornmail and asked if that was what I was talking about it.

OH!
    OH! BTW she was the good one on the team.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    MrGrimoire wrote: »

Sejuani/Ashe ults are about the minimum I guess. They only stun one person, but they slow the area by a ton.

AoE is definitely part of it. At least on Sej, though, it comes attached to a kit that gets close and lets her land it on a key person. A lot of the true initiators does it in a very visceral way with enough CC that a single target probably can be taken out if it's followed up on.

• Options
    just uh, got a pretty hefty report probably from a game where I may/may not have lost my cool a bit.

Had a Riven. A RIVEN! buy an Essence Reaver, and when I pointed it out that she needed a tank item not one that gave her mana, she sold her GA got a Thornmail and asked if that was what I was talking about it.

OH!
    Of those items, only a GA is worth buying on Riven. Also, Riven gets tanky via AD thanks to her shield, at least to some degree. Brutaliser and Hydra are really the big core items on her.

HOWEVER.

Rather than focus on Stupid Shit Your Teammates Do, focus on stupid shit you're doing yourself, and don't do it anymore. Raging is one of those things you probably should work on not doing. The only constant in your games is you, so you're going to get the most benefit out of spending your effort on getting better yourself, really. Looking too much at what other people (whom you're not likely to ever play with again) are doing is just a recipe for frustration.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

OH!
    Of those items, only a GA is worth buying on Riven. Also, Riven gets tanky via AD thanks to her shield, at least to some degree. Brutaliser and Hydra are really the big core items on her.

HOWEVER.

Rather than focus on Stupid Shit Your Teammates Do, focus on stupid shit you're doing yourself, and don't do it anymore. Raging is one of those things you probably should work on not doing. The only constant in your games is you, so you're going to get the most benefit out of spending your effort on getting better yourself, really. Looking too much at what other people (whom you're not likely to ever play with again) are doing is just a recipe for frustration.

It's also very easy to fall into a trap of blaming the loss on other people and missing the things you can improve on... which is a good way to not improve. But I guess it soothes the ego or something.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    If you don't have a primary form of engage, and are more of a poke comp, you NEED to ward your flanks and just move as a death ball. Watch the Jin Air vs Najin game twitch.tv/riotgames/b/614829505 (starts at 2:50:00). This is a team with no primary engage at all. Watch how they keep their comp moving to win the game.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Never discount your game because of a troll...just carry harder!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcN4H2wd3rI
    Or, y'know...you can be realistic and understand that a feeding troll is going to ruin your game and you pray you aren't in promos when this happens.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    edited February 2015

She might have legit not known. If you'd said, "No, undo that, I mean replacing essence reaver with (thornmail/hydra/whatever)" you might have helped someone and improved your team. Just imagine you're a teacher in a classroom, rather than the sole brain-wielder in a room of people out to get you ;) Maybe you did try that, though, haha.

What is up with territorial anti-teamwork people in bot games? Playing adc bot and mid game my Kalista mid was pushed back to her inner turret. She was high in kills but they had switched to make her 1v2. I saw a good time after killing my opponents to go with her wave and take their inner turret, and when I get to lane she starts pinging me to fall back. I target-pinged the mid inner turret and she target pings the bot inner turret (which was up but didn't have wave pushing). When I didn't leave she ran to our jungle to farm, while my support and I easily took the mid inner turret.

I get not wanting someone in your solo lane early if you're practicing CS or dueling or whatever, but 20 minutes into the game I want to win it, not fart around in "everyone stay in your own lane" mode for a 40 minute bot game.

Red Raevyn on
This discussion has been closed.