i am completely committed to watching elizabethtown now

i need to know what prime manic pixie dream girl looks like

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    my lunch became lunch/dinner because i procrastinated

6 eggs, 3 (organic grass fed!) beef hot dogs, 1/4 onion + garlic sauteed, 2 tbsp butter, 2 oz monteray jack, red peppers, spinach, and a tiny bit of chipotle pepper

mmmmm

food

I had a soup with noodles, ikea meatballs, corn, sweet potato, chili flakes, eggs and a savory, slightly sweet broth

maybe i shoulda put some meatballs too

poo
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I still can't get over it

There is a Plok webcomic that is regularly updated in 2015. What's next? An Aero the Acrobat webcomic?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    my lunch became lunch/dinner because i procrastinated

6 eggs, 3 (organic grass fed!) beef hot dogs, 1/4 onion + garlic sauteed, 2 tbsp butter, 2 oz monteray jack, red peppers, spinach, and a tiny bit of chipotle pepper

mmmmm

food

I had a soup with noodles, ikea meatballs, corn, sweet potato, chili flakes, eggs and a savory, slightly sweet broth

maybe i shoulda put some meatballs too

I'm probably going to take the train to south ferry and catch a boat to ikea soonish. Maybe stop at that thai place first.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    @Hakkekage sorry i'm gonna drink all this wine that we didnt finish and see if i can order a cake also to eat all of the cake

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    There are so many beers in my apartment

Too many beers in my apartment

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    There are so many beers in my apartment

Too many beers in my apartment

Take one down.
    Pass it around.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Eddy wrote: »
    Every time some real racist shit gets discussed, redditors come forth with their own anecdotes of racism and it's just like, god damn this televisual world

@Eddy I was on a panel of students to organize a discussion about both Bryan Stevenson's autobiography and, as related to that biography, race in the legal system.

One of the students on the panel is the daughter of a famous civil rights litigator I guess?

Sweet merciful baby Jesus, this girl could not open her mouth without bragging about her father, or telling a story about how growing up a privileged white girl helps her to truly, deeply understand the plight of the African-American people she never spent time around as a child, or going on about how important it was to derail the presentation we were tasked with running in order to spend 25% of it talking about micro-aggressions.

What I am saying is that thirty minutes with this girl gifted me with a powerful sympathy for Irond Will's perspective on social justice.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    i am completely committed to watching elizabethtown now

i need to know what prime manic pixie dream girl looks like

Do not forget Sweet November. That's MPGD as fuck.

Edit: Oh damn, that was a remake? I had no idea.

Edit 2: Why did I write "Oh damn" in that first edit? It wasn't that surprising.

Gim on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    i've seen the ending to sweet november

sometimes i reference the whole "REMEMBER ME AS I WAAAS" goodbye even though i'm 100% sure none of my friends have ever or will ever see that movie

i'm looking for the one MPDG who has seen that movie and remembers the speech and will scoop me up from my ennui and so on

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

SKREEEEEEEE WAHHHHHH BLOOOOO BLEEP BLOOP BLEEEP SHKHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    Understand that there is a LOT of sex at the gym tha-

*runs out the door*

HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW THIS?

I mean, there are some gyms that just embrace this fact, like David Barton.

The men's locker room at a gym I used to go to in the village in NYC was pretty much an old school bath house. Always be knocking before you open the sauna door.

Yeah, once I get in shape at my straight gym I'm gonna join a gay one

it's gonna get real nasty

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Every time some real racist shit gets discussed, redditors come forth with their own anecdotes of racism and it's just like, god damn this televisual world

Eddy I was on a panel of students to organize a discussion about both Bryan Stevenson's autobiography and, as related to that biography, race in the legal system.

One of the students on the panel is the daughter of a famous civil rights litigator I guess?

Sweet merciful baby Jesus, this girl could not open her mouth without bragging about her father, or telling a story about how growing up a privileged white girl helps her to truly, deeply understand the plight of the African-American people she never spent time around as a child, or going on about how important it is to derail the presentation we were tasked with running in order to spend 25% of it talking about micro-aggressions.

What I am saying is that thirty minutes with this girl gifted me with a powerful sympathy for Irond Will's perspective on social justice.

Daughter of a lawyer

It's not her fault she was born without a soul

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    i've seen the ending to sweet november

sometimes i reference the whole "REMEMBER ME AS I WAAAS" goodbye even though i'm 100% sure none of my friends have ever or will ever see that movie

i'm looking for the one MPDG who has seen that movie and remembers the speech and will scoop me up from my ennui and so on

You must have a ring with you at all times so you can propose on the spot when you find The One.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    helping a bro paint his new place -- were making good progress when a friend walks in and goes "you know, this looks a lot like Pokemon -- it's like the inside of a pokeball" -- now it's all we can see and my friends a bit disappointed in his color choices

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »

Eddy I was on a panel of students to organize a discussion about both Bryan Stevenson's autobiography and, as related to that biography, race in the legal system.

Sweet merciful baby Jesus, this girl could not open her mouth without bragging about her father, or telling a story about how growing up a privileged white girl helps her to truly, deeply understand the plight of the African-American people she never spent time around as a child, or going on about how important it is to derail the presentation we were tasked with running in order to spend 25% of it talking about micro-aggressions.

Daughter of a lawyer

It's not her fault she was born without a soul

born without soul, rather

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Insofar as the Negro is concerned, nothing makes much sense. This was brought home to me in another realm many times when I sought jobs. The foreman of one plant in Mobile, a large brute, allowed me to tell him what I could do. Then he looked me in the face and spoke to me in these words: “No, you couldn’t get anything like that here.”

His voice was not unkind. It was the dead voice one often hears. Determined to see if I could break in somehow, I said: “But if I could do you a better job, and you paid me less than a white man …”

“I’ll tell you … we don’t want you people. Don’t you understand that?”

“I know,” I said with real sadness. “You can’t blame a man for trying at least.”

“No use trying down here,” he said. “We’re gradually getting you people weeded out from the better jobs at this plant. We’re taking it slow, but we’re doing it. Pretty soon we’ll have it so the only jobs you can get here are the ones no white man would have.”

“How can we live?” I asked hopelessly, careful not to give the impression I was arguing.

“That’s the whole point,” he said, looking me square in the eyes.

-- November 21 1959, Mobile, Alabama.

Where'd you find this @Eddy

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    The Dragonfall DC confirmed my old suspicion: one of the missions in the original game was bugged out for me, which is why I couldn't finish it, which is why I never actually beat the game...

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Donkey Kong
    am I exempt from chin ups if I know how to break arms

I don't know why I was signaled in this post but the answer is no you are never exempt.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    TehSloth wrote: »
    helping a bro paint his new place -- were making good progress when a friend walks in and goes "you know, this looks a lot like Pokemon -- it's like the inside of a pokeball" -- now it's all we can see and my friends a bit disappointed in his color choices

Keep it

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    When I don't eat during the day, it actually feels kinda good.

When I don't eat at 11 pm, I feel like I'm gonna die

Whats up with that?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

u mean dudes coming forth with stories of how they were racisted or how racism is justified

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Eddy you would want to live in a pokeball

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    @Hakkekage sorry i'm gonna drink all this wine that we didnt finish and see if i can order a cake also to eat all of the cake

you always drink all my wine :cry:

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

Your friend is disappointed because he got caught.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Great Ocean Road Race elite women won by
    Rachel Neylans, a punchy aussie national level rider, rather than any of the big trade team riders

Called it. Expecting the same for the elite men

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    "I can imagine maybe"

I don't know what this draft was supposed to be but I am sad now

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    it's all either horrible stories of how they were racisted, or suggestions that the racist behavior wasn't racist and in fact completely normal

• Options

Once my friends resolved to spice up her room by painting it grey, except for one pink wall as an accent. After she did it, another one of my friends came in and said: "oh! It's like the inside of a mouse's ear."

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

Your friend is disappointed because he got caught.

SLOTH

YOU ARE BEING CAPTURED

EVADE THE AUTHORITIES; TRUST NO ONE

• Options
    Oh shiiiiiit Majora's Mask link and Tingle DLC for Hyrule Warriors:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yf5MUX8vmA

• Options
    wasn't racist and in fact completely normal

completely normal --/--> wasn't racist

• Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    you always drink all my wine :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYxqwfCvmN0

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »

:(

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »

Yes, that is the venn diagram occultation that isn't being grasped by some fuckers

This discussion has been closed.