Options

Hey it's Lego time.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Lego Wall-E got the okay from Idea!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I think calling it legal and illegal just throws people off, really. I get what they mean but it's awkward terminology.

But I guess exclusionary jargon is part and parcel of every niche group.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

http://youtu.be/SblCKsE3F9c

Also Lego Doctor Who

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Something I just made.

5bdhe4dsbm1b.gif

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    The hot new Lego video game needs to be Lego Sneak King

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    The hot new Lego video game needs to be Lego Sneak King

Sneak King was so great. Just sneaking up on people and stabbing them in the face with burgers and chicken fries.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular

Also Lego Doctor Who

The best part of that video is seeing the lego offices.
    Damn they look like so much fun.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    I want a God Damn UCS AT-AT and UCS Minas Tirith right the fuck now.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    A Creator series Natural History Museum would be awesome

• Options
    Seriously, give me a set that builds that AT-AT and I will pay handsomely. I *need* a 3 foot tall AT-AT in my collection. Fuck all these playset ones.

Same goes for any of the LOTR sets. I will hand over vast sums of money for those.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    I just need to hire Engineering students to build me shit in Lego.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »

don't you want it to be structurally sound and actually affordable

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    with Lando being in Rebels I want an old and young Lando minifig set

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I didn't say American students.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options

This is one of the sickest burns of all time.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Hey @timspork's ghost you see the Ghostbusters' Firehouse set up on LEGO Ideas?

Pqazavp.png

I want it.
    YK5wfYM.png
    auBGEVz.png
    h539gIx.png
    Even little Janine Melnitz and Louis Tully minifigs!

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Annie Potts is 5'3" and Rick Moranis is 5'1"; why the hell did they give short legs to Louis?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    oh my god they gave louis hobbit legs

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Annie Potts is 5'3" and Rick Moranis is 5'1"; why the hell did they give short legs to Louis?

It's not so much a literal representation of the actors but a comedic representation of their characters.

Also there aren't very many ways to portray height difference in LEGO.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    It is total BS that that firehouse was one of the rejected ideas

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

Also Lego Doctor Who

So, some comments to that video:

1) My wife is from Denmark, and took me to Legoland in Billund for our honeymoon. She sounds and looks very similar to the presenter. She also buys me a larger lego star wars kit each year for our anniversary. She's totally awesome.

2) All those bricks you see on the tables where they are building will never be reused. When they are done, they don't get resorted back into the bins (takes too much time), but rather they are recycled into black lego bricks.

3) I would give them my tax refund right now for the UCS AT-AT.

4) No project has been approved at over the $50 mark. They seem to go more for ideas that could be impulse buys for adults, rather than dream kits. I think that Lego is trying to avoid the slower moving high price sets.

5) There's a rumor of a rerelease/redesign of the UCS Millennium Falcon. I really hope so, because I couldn't afford it back then.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The UCS Falcon was the one set I wanted to get when I started to get back into lego. But with that helicarrier coming out, I frankly just don't have room anymore.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Best Lego set is a bunch of random pieces in a big plastic tub.

broken image link
  • Options
    For our third anniversary, my wife bought me 75 pounds of assorted lego from eBay. It took me weeks just to sort everything (and I still have about 10 pounds of unsorted parts).

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Man, went on a buying spree for Lego on eBay this weekend, need those sets here now already.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    I know Wall-e is pretty cool but i would love a lego Hubble Telescope

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Best Lego set is a bunch of random pieces in a big plastic tub.
    Nah, best is a shit ton of those five dollar sets and a couple twenty dollar ones.

• Options
    Opinion on firehouse as an Ideas set.

Look at all the other Ideas sets. They are all relatively small sets, mainly for display on desks and the like. The Firehouse is far too big.

• Options
    If you really want the firehouse, the creator put up plans. I priced it out once and it was over $400 for the parts from Bricklink.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

No. As someone who has had them from all over the world.

They are all useless.

As a question though, if you can get hold of the instructions for what you want to build and source the individual pieces from the lego store?

• Options
    Lego does not carry their full range of pieces through either the online or in-store pick-a-brick sales. So it's very unlikely you would get everything you want.

Pricing everything through Bricklink will be much more expensive than a Lego produced set. Unless the set ended up being 4,000+ pieces, it won't be in the $400 range. Also, using just the colored parts in the set can leave you buying some very expensive pieces. If you finagle things and are willing to have a little bit of off-color stuff (especially for structural pieces) you can quite often save a good bit.

For example, the flower pot pieces used on the original UCS X-Wing set were only made in grey plastic for the X-Wing. The last time I looked (because my dog chewed up two of them), they were like $30 each on Bricklink. I could get white ones muuuuch cheaper, which worked well enough.

• Options
    Another example is the first modular building, the Cafe Corner. To piece it out costs something like $500 now when it was originally $150. Those red slopes on the roof are very rare now. So rare that the Cafe Corner in the Lego Movie on the real model table has a different color roof.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

No. As someone who has had them from all over the world.

They are all useless.

As a question though, if you can get hold of the instructions for what you want to build and source the individual pieces from the lego store?

you will pay roughly the national budget of Uruguay

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    If they re-release the UCS Falcon, I just recommend waiting to build it if you don't have permanent housing. I've been through four moves since I bought it and it doesn't travel super well. The first time I disassembled it first, but I just don't have the spare week to rebuild it every time anymore.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    If they re-release the UCS Falcon, I just recommend waiting to build it if you don't have permanent housing. I've been through four moves since I bought it and it doesn't travel super well. The first time I disassembled it first, but I just don't have the spare week to rebuild it every time anymore.

The best way to transport complete Lego is to wrap the entire thing in saran wrap. That way, if anything breaks off, it will be stick there. Then when you unwrap it you just reattach the parts.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    I just crammed them all together in a single box and everything was just fine. Maybe it's just the way you keep them from moving around.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I am right this second starting a new business.
    I will disassemble, pack up, and reassemble your Lego kits for you when you move.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    This last time I discovered that it fits almost perfectly into this old TV box I had lying around, which helped. I just had some issues getting all the little bits reassembled properly, since there are parts that are tough to work with once assembled.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    This last time I discovered that it fits almost perfectly into this old TV box I had lying around, which helped. I just had some issues getting all the little bits reassembled properly, since there are parts that are tough to work with once assembled.

I already own a wide variety of tools, some of which will be very helpful when assembling tricky parts of the models.