Options

Midnight Webcomics Club

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    the funniest thing about the fifty shades of grey movie to me is how they insist on marketing it as coming out on valentine’s day to disguise the fact that its actual release date is literally friday the 13th

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    50 shades of grey as a global phenomenon makes the world seem bizarre in an extreme and completely new and modern way. Not even talking about the BDSM thing either, that's bizarre enough for a mainstream public concious level thing. But that one of the largest and widely known mainstream cultural talking points is a reworked Twilight fan-fiction is super nuts to me.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I've been reading comments from the actor who plays Christian Grey, and it's fairly obvious that playing that role fills him with unremitting shame.
    Some of the Red Room stuff was uncomfortable. There were times when Dakota was not wearing much, and I had to do stuff to her that I'd never choose to do to a woman.
    The first day [of filming] was kind of an out-of-body experience. I got there and they said, "Action!" I'm like, "What the f—k is happening? I'm a dad. What?
    Your dignity is intact as much as it's all tucked away in a little flesh-coloured bag... As a guy you put all your essentials in a little bag and you tie it up like a little bag of grapes and it's tucked away.
    It was an interesting evening. Then go back to my wife and newborn baby afterwards … I had a long shower before touching either of them.

I assume he must have seen the script before taking the part right? I haven't read any 50 shades stuff but I feel like I'd have a reasonable idea of what I was getting into with it

does he just need the money or something

I can respect someone like Robert Pattinson hating the movies he's in, because there the sales pitch was a romantic movie about vampires, and he couldn't really have known that the movies' execution of that pitch would be as bad as the books. This guy just sounds like a complete doofus though. You signed up to do a movie where the entire pitch is "two people have kinky, vaguely S&M-related sex". Oh boo hoo, your poor sensitibilities, how could they ask a FATHER to do those horrible, horrible things, much less read even the first page of the script before signing the contract.

Vic on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    if the actor had said YEAH I WAS SUPER INTO IT I think that would scare quite a bit of the intended audience away

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    jerkcity5855.gif

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    ronya wrote: »
    if the actor had said YEAH I WAS SUPER INTO IT I think that would scare quite a bit of the intended audience away

there is absolutely a way to say "all this kinky stuff was kinda fun" and word it so it doesn't scare the flatscans

Saying "all this kink stuff grosses me out" alienates at least one possible viewer group and tells the moms that those shameful tingly feelings they get when reading the naughty parts and how they have to hide it on their kindle are good and right and godly

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    coldcakes.png

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    apollo_speeches.png

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Well it doesn't help that sex scenes in movies are super unfun to shoot unless you're a big time exhibitionist and enjoy someone yelling at you to stop or ok go a hundred times

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Well it doesn't help that sex scenes in movies are super unfun to shoot unless you're a big time exhibitionist and enjoy someone yelling at you to stop or ok go a hundred times
    hello

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    so i was planning on the next malky last week
    then i got chickenpox

surprised the days QC of all things sorta cheered me up

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    1423470457-wk-18-19.png

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    comic2-2788.png
    and it's like, HELLO, why would I ever want to be friends with people whose opinions are objectively WORSE than mine??

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Berk wrote: »
    then i got chickenpox

QC is the best webcomic
    except for archime
    and homestuck

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    valentines_2015.jpg

I would like rabies please

• Options
    2015-02-05-webcomic.jpg

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    this page has reached acceptable amounts of gay lesbians
    Since gay guys barely exist in webcomics for some reason

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

sdb20150206b.png

226.jpg

there are a few more than that

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Kochi's got a whole bunch of them.

I think the more accurate thing is gay guys don't seem to exist in SFW webcomics too much for some reason. Also Twokinds has a gay couple too.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Vic wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I've been reading comments from the actor who plays Christian Grey, and it's fairly obvious that playing that role fills him with unremitting shame.
    Some of the Red Room stuff was uncomfortable. There were times when Dakota was not wearing much, and I had to do stuff to her that I'd never choose to do to a woman.
    The first day [of filming] was kind of an out-of-body experience. I got there and they said, "Action!" I'm like, "What the f—k is happening? I'm a dad. What?
    Your dignity is intact as much as it's all tucked away in a little flesh-coloured bag... As a guy you put all your essentials in a little bag and you tie it up like a little bag of grapes and it's tucked away.
    It was an interesting evening. Then go back to my wife and newborn baby afterwards … I had a long shower before touching either of them.

I assume he must have seen the script before taking the part right? I haven't read any 50 shades stuff but I feel like I'd have a reasonable idea of what I was getting into with it

I can respect someone like Robert Pattinson hating the movies he's in, because there the sales pitch was a romantic movie about vampires, and he couldn't really have known that the movies' execution of that pitch would be as bad as the books. This guy just sounds like a complete doofus though. You signed up to do a movie where the entire pitch is "two people have kinky, vaguely S&M-related sex". Oh boo hoo, your poor sensitibilities, how could they ask a FATHER to do those horrible, horrible things, much less read even the first page of the script before signing the contract.

Oh Pattinson knew exactly what he was getting into, which just made it even better. He outright said, "“When you read the book,” says Pattinson, “it’s like, ‘Edward Cullen was so beautiful I creamed myself.’ I mean, every line is like that. He’s the most ridiculous person who’s so amazing at everything. I think a lot of actors tried to play that aspect. I just couldn’t do that. And the more I read the script, the more I hated this guy, so that’s how I played him, as a manic-depressive who hates himself. Plus, he’s a 108 year-old virgin so he’s obviously got some issues there.”

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Is it time for the Bella tackling a lynx gif?

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    SrQKfG8.jpg

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    He says that, but it seems like all of our cats never fucking die what the hell we're going to be stuck with them forever

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Javen wrote: »

I'd be willing to try filming a sex scene in front of ok go

...Is that going to be their next music video?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    You ever wonder how some webcomics work out so much better because you have to scroll down to see the last panel.
    spoiled for bigish
    PBF270-The_Jubilee.png

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    jbb0n773efnv.jpg

He has a point.

Where are you getting these translations from, by the way? I checked the source link you put up a while ago but couldn't find anything in english.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Vic wrote: »

Question.

If it was the woman regretting having to do a bunch of stuff she considered gross on film in exchange for a hope of fame, who's now feeling exploited and unhappy about the experience.

Would you also be calling her a doofus? Because I suspect that this forum would jump down your throat in that case.

(also a script is not a 1:1 explanation of what is actually going to happen in the movie)

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    20150209.png
    20150209after.png

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Berk wrote: »
    then i got chickenpox

@berk ugh chicken pox is suuuuuuuuper shitty as an adult, usually way worse than getting em as a kid. I got it while I was in college and was basically incapacitated for a couple weeks and I got a ton of scars from it. Hope your case isn't as bad as mine was.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Yeah, i got it when i was 21 and it was god-awful. All i can suggest is lots and lots of hot baths.. Dont scratch.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    700.jpg?7407

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Their Story is a chinese webcomic released by Tan Jiu here. But I only give that link because the fans who translate it to English request that anyone using their translations provide credit back to the original artist. The translation group's website is here. Both sites are occasionally NSFW and contain spoilers.

hv8wfkynd2i6.jpg

I think this strip kinda sums up what I find so interesting about this story so far. Gay fiction, especially asian gay fiction, is usually one of two flavors. Either it's a lot of blushing and furtive hand-holding and sem~paais, or it's angsty and self-discovery-y and walled off from the rest of society. Sun Jing on the other hand, at least among her classmates, is so far out of the closet she couldn't find it with a fucking telescope. Maybe it'll be an issue later, but for now everybody knows and nobody cares. And that's cool.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    statler wrote: »
    700.jpg?7407
    I like the bottle of H2O sandwiched between the burning bible/flag and the skull votive with pentagram chain

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Their Story is a chinese webcomic released by Tan Jiu here. But I only give that link because the fans who translate it to English request that anyone using their translations provide credit back to the original artist. The translation group's website is here. Both sites are occasionally NSFW and contain spoilers.

Thanks! I'mma probably binge whatever's available of this later, already tried to once last night before discovering I had no idea how.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    comic2-2788.png
    and it's like, HELLO, why would I ever want to be friends with people whose opinions are objectively WORSE than mine??

This strip is pretty relevant to me because, as someone who staffs MAGFest, a con mostly built around retro game nostalgia and chiptune music, I get tired of the limitations that nerds place on themselves by the end of the weekend

I can only see so many doodles of things in NES-styled pixel art or so many covers of MegaMan songs before I start silently begging for some fresh air in the hotbox of nostalgia

• Options
    brofist!
    2j2eplsx78l4.jpg

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    THNK YOU

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    thunk you

This discussion has been closed.