Options

Always Be [Chat]ting

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    more interesting is the colour blue-yellow - not green, a colour that resembles both blue and yellow.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I don't see color, I see the blood people underneath

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Oh wow Whoopi Goldberg decided to try an undercut

No, honey nooo

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    or red-green

a quirk of how our visuals are done is that we have to interpret retina signals as either red or green, and either blue and yellow, and we can't combine

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Colors are names for the signature of a spectral response. Ain't nobody ever claimed that the spectral response needs to be simple or contiguous or whatever.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    I want better eyes and a better visual cortex

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I mean purple and violet look like basically the same thing to us

but one is the combination of green wavelengths and red wavelengths, and the other is the violet wavelength

that's bull

also I want to see gamma radiation

and x-rays

I want to bask in the afterglow of the big bang

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Colors are names for the signature of a spectral response.

Also, Canadian entertainers.

yWw7Snk.jpg

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

We have a hyper-spectral camera at work that I play with sometimes. You're actually not missing a ton. Very very few things are, for example, red-green rather than genuinely yellow. Most materials have spectra that are either step functions or single peaks.

• Options
    I should take portraits of people with the hyper-spectral camera and see if anything neat is hiding in there.

• Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    you could find the secret race

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I should take portraits of people with the hyper-spectral camera and see if anything neat is hiding in there.

http://xkcd.com/1490/

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »

yWw7Snk.jpg

the owners of that show put every episode up on youtube a while back

https://www.youtube.com/user/RedGreenTV/playlists

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular

You have access to a hyper-spectral camera. Why haven't you already done this?

工事中
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    What about:
    • Principled
    • Scrupulous
    • Unprincipled
    • Anarchist
    • Aberrant
    • Miscreant
    • Diabolic

@apotheos is that the Kevin siembieda alignment system from the robotech RPGs?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

yWw7Snk.jpg

the owners of that show put every episode up on youtube a while back

https://www.youtube.com/user/RedGreenTV/playlists

Sweet!

Same thing happened with Kenny vs. Spenny. Way to go, Canadian television. This still doesn't make up for everything else, but thank you!

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    sorry @apotheos I meant @Apothe0sis but this stupid autocomplete bat signal thing

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Was the last thing DK wrote before uncovering the truth of the human soul and bein destroyed by it's beauty

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    my dad is basically Red Green if he were less jovial and more curmudgeonly

• Options
    and i guess, more competent at actually building things

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

No, honey nooo

pics nowwwww

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

We have a hyper-spectral camera at work that I play with sometimes. You're actually not missing a ton. Very very few things are, for example, red-green rather than genuinely yellow. Most materials have spectra that are either step functions or single peaks.

But we could make art that took advantage of these things, and mantis shrimp.

Also I want to be able to see emf and ir.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options

Was the last thing DK wrote before uncovering the truth of the human soul and bein destroyed by it's beauty

If I feel myself being destroyed by beauty at any time, I'll just move the camera's slider to UV mode and get some images like this:

uv_portrait.jpg

Should bring me right back.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Chattertown has been raided by a band of tribals, perhaps twenty-five in number.

Their greatbows gave them the ability to fire at us outside of our sentry gun's range, and with only three weapons capable of hitting them, we quickly took injury.

While we took many injuries before the tribals gave up, Atomika, our recent pirate recruit, collapsed after full five of those giant arrows pierced her body. Her stomach was so heavily ruptured that Dr. Simon has deemed it, in medical terms, "destroyed".

Her bionic leg shall be removed, and she will be euthanised.

For the greater good.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I logged into Facebook just now to find that Feral had posted a tweet from a dude I used to hang out with ten years ago. what a trip.

the jazz bar tpnight was pretty good. I am terrible at ordering drinks on the spot, though. I just stammered out "uh, r..rum and coke?" and felt shame burn my face

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    What about:
    • Principled
    • Scrupulous
    • Unprincipled
    • Anarchist
    • Aberrant
    • Miscreant
    • Diabolic

apotheos is that the Kevin siembieda alignment system from the robotech RPGs?

It's the palladium alignment system

• Options
    Oh wow so apparently Joe Mad and some guys who left Vigil are going to make a Battle Chasers video game.

Neat I guess.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I logged into Facebook just now to find that Feral had posted a tweet from a dude I used to hang out with ten years ago. what a trip.

the jazz bar tpnight was pretty good. I am terrible at ordering drinks on the spot, though. I just stammered out "uh, r..rum and coke?" and felt shame burn my face

It's called a Cuba Libre you uncultured swine

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Watching Agents of Shield S1.

More disturbing then how bland and crappy-to-mediocre this show has been so far is how many people in our D&D thread on the show were trying to defend it at the time. Just shameful.

I'm trusting you people that this gets better.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Fun fact: black people actually look amazing under UV cameras, skin smooth and iridescent. Only white people look like mottled zombies.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    simonwolf wrote: »

doesn't that have some other shit in it

• Options
    for christmas one year, when i was fairly young, i bought my dad bright red "handyman" suspenders

they were ruled, like a measuring tape, and covered in small pictograms of various woodworking tools

he was almost impossibly delighted

• Options

No, honey nooo

pics nowwwww

2356C11400000578-2842398-image-62_1416506272897.jpg

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Fun fact: black people actually look amazing under UV cameras, skin smooth and iridescent. Only white people look like mottled zombies.

Are you suggesting that black people see in the UV range and have spent thousands of years selecting for the most attractive-under-a-blacklight humans?

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

doesn't that have some other shit in it

A slice of lime.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options

No, honey nooo

pics nowwwww

2356C11400000578-2842398-image-62_1416506272897.jpg

I cant actually find a gif to express myself.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

Are you suggesting that black people see in the UV range and have spent thousands of years selecting for the most attractive-under-a-blacklight humans?

@DasUberEdward they know, inform the council.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options

uWD0f5X.gif

• Options
This discussion has been closed.