Options

i'm buff, i'm the stuff, and the wrestling thread just can't get enough!

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Sometimes I feel like this thread talks about guys like there is a WHC and then a bunch of jobbers, and I understand WWE doesn't help this idea. Barrett doesn't need to be the top heel champ in the company to be a good wrestler with a solid character and good promos.

If we can take one thing away from the Attitude Era that was actually really good, it's that a match like Val Venus versus D Lo Brown mattered as a midcard match in its own world and we were able to just watch two good but not the best wrestlers give us a decent match.

It's what I'm hoping this IC ladder match signals. I'd really like to not really have to worry about who is a WHC contender constantly. If you make the other belts viable, if you make feuds that work, guys don't need to be more than solid to go out there do their job and entertain the fans.

I love BnB but I don't need him or expect him in a big main event match any time soon. Just have him wrestle real clean matches with the midcard and I'd be just fine.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Kilroy wrote: »

Lana is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen

Jon Stewart looks like Mason Verger

• Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Jon Stewart has good taste.

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    There's no way between now and Mania that Reigns gets a good reception during the main event.

Bryan being in the IC ring is bad for Bryan but it's good for the IC title if he wins it and defends it successfully, especially say in a non-title champion v champion match with whoever is the WWE WHC at the time. I'd almost say that WWE is trying to undo the damage done to the title by having the current champ being a jobber in giving it to Bryan. But then I remember that R-Truth is in the match for some reason, and I realise, nah.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    seeing lana in pitch perfect is always jarring to me

''why aren't you in the main cast of this movie and not the opening scene, lana''

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »

''why aren't you in the main cast of this movie and not the opening scene, lana''

Well, you can now look forward to the new Lionsgate movie "Interrogation", starring Lana and Edge.

“With a bomb set to go off in Las Vegas on one of the busiest betting days of the year, the story focuses on a brilliant interrogator called in to question the prime suspect. As time runs out, we soon learn there’s an even bigger plan in place for both of them.”

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    in further lana news, she and rusev bought a house together, furthering their status as Most Adorablest

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    seeing barrett live was my first mark out moment as a wrestling fan, so he will always be a big deal to me

This is the saddest story.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    In further Lana news and because I wanna keep posting pictures of my cat, her namesake is also super cute and the best at everything:
    pQu8GKL.jpg?1

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Blank. Why is your cat in cat jail?

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Blank. Why is your cat in cat jail?
    She had to go to the vet to get her first round of shots and to test for feline leukemia and the such.

She didn't even cry when they gave her the shots!

(She was too busy eating the food they distracted her with)

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    blank your kitty is super cute

now I miss my kitty even more :(

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    seeing barrett live was my first mark out moment as a wrestling fan, so he will always be a big deal to me

This is the saddest story.

I was wearing my barrett shirt

it's the first wrestling shirt I ever bought

• Options
    I got my Ambrose jacket and Ziggler/Stardust shirts in today

The Ambrose jacket is pretty nice!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    LIE

CHEAT

AND STEAL

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    The Indy Promoters Handbook

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I wish Ziggler had a shirt I felt okay with wearing in public.

The same goes for a lot of wrestlers I like.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    My plan was to buy a bunch of merch over Mania weekend, but I'm struggling to find much stuff beyond Bryan's new shirt that I'd actually wear.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »

Forgot to post this when I discovered it a few weeks aqgo but Lana is also in this Kelly Jakle Music video (this must be after that girl band she was in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6CTHobsIyo

• Options
    MrDapper wrote: »
    I wish Ziggler had a shirt I felt okay with wearing in public.

The same goes for a lot of wrestlers I like.
    Oh yeah

Ziggler/Stardust are just for when I'm hanging with friends or go to a live show

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Raw was pretty good last night. Only thing that confuses me is the unusually high amount of CM Punk chants... Because of the lawsuit maybe?

• Options
    zllehs wrote: »
    Raw was pretty good last night. Only thing that confuses me is the unusually high amount of CM Punk chants... Because of the lawsuit maybe?

New Jersey is full of silly geese.

• Options

AJ Lee.

• Options

AJ Lee.

They were chanting it well before the women's match.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

AJ Lee.

They were chanting it well before the women's match.

They were chanting her name before she appeared to. I assume it was leaked she was there.

• Options
    They were chanting AJ Lee before she appeared, they chanted CM Punk while she was out there. I don't think the silly geese explanation can be overlooked.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    BRYN HAS GONE ALL OUT ON WVGCW

• Options
    I missed the setup. Is this an elimination match?

• Options
    an ARMAGEDDON HELL IN A CELL MATCH

i believe it's elim

• Options
    does the ai in this game ever cooperate to make hell in a cell matches actually visible?

• Options
    DOUBLE BREAK

• Options
    this cell is not very sturdy

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    They were chanting AJ Lee before she appeared, they chanted CM Punk while she was out there. I don't think the silly geese explanation can be overlooked.

Perhaps they thought they'd gained the power to summon people from thin air.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

Perhaps they thought they'd gained the power to summon people from thin air.

"WE HAVE USURPED THE POWER OF GOD FOR OURSELVES! IT IS TIME TO TEST OUR MIGHT AND BRING RANDY SAVAGE BACK TO THIS MORTAL PLANE OF EXISTENCE!"

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    This still freaked me out last night

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y63QPJpR_HA

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Despite what the haters might have you believe the kids got some skills

• Options
    I think it's hyper-shitty to do it to AJ for obvious reasons, but CM Punk chants stopped being about CM Punk a while ago. Just like Randy Savage or Sergeant Slaughter, it's just a thing that people chant when they are bored or want to be assholes now. That and "What?" and other annoying chants aren't going to go away, regardless of what happens with Punk.

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    I like how the video says he dives through the top rope, but he's actually launched himself over it :snap:

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    The thing about Reigns is that we can say he is green and we can say his promo work is REALLY green (and pretty bad) and we can say that it's bullshit that he got the nod over a number of guys in the rumble, not just Bryan.

But somehow the narrative starting shifting towards Reigns is terrible both as a dude and a wrestler and I don't think either of those things is even remotely true.

This discussion has been closed.