Options

i'm buff, i'm the stuff, and the wrestling thread just can't get enough!

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Am I the only one who can't find it in me to care about Bad News Barrett?

I mean, it's fine that he's there, but for me he's a whipped cream wrestler. You're not disappointed when he's there but he's also not the reason you're excited. He's vacuous filler, showing up to say "Do you like <a thing>? Well I'm afraid I've got some BAD NEWS FOR YOU! <That thing> is rubbish! HAHAHAHA!" and go away again. It's the perfect early 2000 Shawn Stasiak/Joe E. Legend gimmick. And I've never seen a Barrett match where I thought "this match was better for having Wade Barrett in it". I don't think I've ever seen what I'd call the definitive Barrett match. His best matches have always been MitB matches or Elim Chamber or something where there are other people who can be good and Barrett can be inoffensive and fill a spot competently.

For me the best thing they could do is put him in a singles feud with someone that he can have really good matches with. That'd get me to care.

You know what, bring up Adrian Neville and put him with Barrett. I want a feud where they have to bring in Paige to translate the promos because it's all devolved into u wot m8?

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I wonder what they're going to do with bnb after he loses the belt

he needs an extensive rebuild after getting systematically pissed upon since he came back
    I think they need to take a break from the Bad News gimmick after totally dropping the ball on it and have him disappear for a month or two before coming back as a really pissed off bruiser heel who wants to re-assert himself as more than a joke

And then when he finally busts out the I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS FOR YOU it would be huge

They already tried that.

Like Barret should be such a huge deal, but damn if the WWE can't seem to do anything with him.

Granted, that can be said about a lot of wrestlers.

Nah.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    barrett is large, charismatic, and handsome

he should absolutely be in a better spot than he is now

• Options
    Barrett is fine. But that's it.

• Options
  • Options
    seeing barrett live was my first mark out moment as a wrestling fan, so he will always be a big deal to me

• Options
    Guys like Harper and Sheamus are much better potential top heels IMO.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I enjoy his promo work, but once he's in an actual wrestling match I stop caring. He's kind of a bland big brawler with a crappy finisher.

Pair him up against guys like Sheamus or Ryback that work that style and he's better, but his recent stuff has been underwhelming.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    I enjoy his promo work, but once he's in an actual wrestling match I stop caring. He's kind of a bland big brawler with a crappy finisher.

Pair him up against guys like Sheamus or Ryback that work that style and he's better, but his recent stuff has been underwhelming.

of course he's going to look underwhelming when he's being booked as a midcard jobber

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    IMO opinion Barret should definitely be given more, I just don't know if he's good enough for the top belt. Maybe if the belts were still split he would make a good WHC.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    barrett should be in a similar position to the ryback imo. Strong upper-midcard guy who can work as a supporting member of the occasional main event angle

• Options
    like the authority should have explicitly recruited barrett to work as their midcard enforcer

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    tn4kvfcwslucek8av6vx.gif

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    look at the placement of that kick. All the force is on seth's buttcheek

jon stewart's offense is safer than a lot of pros'

Kilroy on
  • Options
  • Options
    That nut shot

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

If you think for one nanosecond that Seth wouldn't be wearing a cup under those pants you are sorely mistaken...

• Options

If you think for one nanosecond that Seth wouldn't be wearing a cup under those pants you are sorely mistaken...

that does nothing to change my point

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

Orton re-joining the Authority to continue the same "resentment towards Rollins builds" story he was doing before, like most thought was happening last week, would be lame.

Orton re-joining the Authority to subtly torment Rollins is actually pretty neat.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    So I'm watching some of the Lucha Undergrounds I've missed so prepare for some hot, controversial wrestle opinions!

I wish Johnny Mundo did anything for me, and if I'm being honest Prince Puma/Ricochet has also done nothing for me. He is very talented obviously, but I can't find myself caring for anything he does.

Basically Fenix is the best.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Orton re-joining the Authority to continue the same "resentment towards Rollins builds" story he was doing before, like most thought was happening last week, would be lame.

Orton re-joining the Authority to subtly torment Rollins is actually pretty neat.

I'm actually more invested in Orton than I have been since that feud he had with HHH where HHH broke into his house.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    barrett is large, charismatic, and handsome

he should absolutely be in a better spot than he is now

Eh...he isn't really all that charismatic. I find his promo's and his ring work mostly boring. The BnB gimmick was cute for a bit, but it wore thin fast he didn't really bring anything too it that someone else couldn't have.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular

I'm actually more invested in Orton than I have been since that feud he had with HHH where HHH broke into his house.

I wonder if someone who didn't watch that feud happen would be able to guess who the good guy was from that statement.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »

I wonder if someone who didn't watch that feud happen would be able to guess who the good guy was from that statement.

I didn't watch it, haven't read about it and am guessing HHH is the good guy.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Am I right?

• Options
    Am I right?

Yeah, but Randy had done some pretty heinous shit himself beforehand.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    like the authority should have explicitly recruited barrett to work as their midcard enforcer

Just flat out replace Kane and Show with Barrett and Harper as the Authority's go-to goons and you'd improve the average Raw/Smackdown by about 15%.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    the only thing I don't like about orton right now is it feels like this is just to get him on TV while delaying his turn on rollins to a very obvious big moment that's coming up for rollins

if that doesn't happen I'll be happier for multiple reasons.

but I like the guy more than I used to, that's for sure.

also, yes stewart did a damn good job, he seemed like he knew and cared about the pieces of the wwe. and he kept acting scared when interviewed backstage after his segment. that's the sort of continuity that most of these performers can't seem to wrap their heads around.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Am I right?

Yeah, but Randy had done some pretty heinous shit himself beforehand.

Indeed. It went into a really weird place where both guys were threatening each others' families. Of course, Orton's were played by actors. He's had, I think, three different "wives" in WWE.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    AAA made two announcements

1: Rey's there now
    2: In May they're doing a trios tourney: Mexico vs US vs Japan vs Rest of World. 2 Mexico teams (one being Rey, Alberto, Myzteziz), a Japan team, an indy team, and 2 US teams.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Rey

Rey stop

Rey your knees Rey

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

2: In May they're doing a trios tourney: Mexico vs US vs Japan vs Rest of World. 2 Mexico teams (one being Rey, Alberto, Myzteziz), a Japan team, an indy team, and 2 US teams.

HA, hope they won't mind Alberto bearing the shit out his opponents and his tag partner.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

HA, hope they won't mind Alberto bearing the shit out his opponents and his tag partner.

I was just thinking the same thing.

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Rey

Rey stop

Rey your knees Rey

Well, if he wrestles part time it won't be as bad.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    It won't be as bad but he's already in terrible condition, isn't he? Dude needs to stop.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Dude has bills to pay.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    He has mouths to feed.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    SkittlebrauSkittlebrau Registered User regular
    And, if I'm not mistaken, ain't nothin' in this world for free.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Dude has bills to pay.

Not really, Rey's been doing this since 14 and he's been a top paid star since his WCW run over 15 years ago. WWE doesn't even want to announce his departure for fear of stockholder reaction. I imagine the dude is only doing this at this point so that the end of his career isn't "being shit on for not being Daniel Bryan."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Stopping now isn't really likely to help his knees. I mean at this point they're basically not even what an ordinary human being would even understand as a knee joint.
    MrDapper wrote: »
    So I'm watching some of the Lucha Undergrounds I've missed so prepare for some hot, controversial wrestle opinions!

I wish Johnny Mundo did anything for me, and if I'm being honest Prince Puma/Ricochet has also done nothing for me. He is very talented obviously, but I can't find myself caring for anything he does.

Basically Fenix is the best.

Prince Puma is in a terrible place right now. Like he's clearly incredibly talented but he has the empty shell of Konnan doing all the promo and character work for him, and there's more chance of me surviving a fist fight with an angry bear than there is of Konnan being useful as an on screen manager in 2015.
    I think he'd be better served as a heel, however Lucha Underground is pretty well stocked for those so unless they do the sensible thing and shoot Mil Muertes into the sun then he's stuck where he is for now.

Also you're mistaken. Pentagon Jr is the best.
    I'm joking. Bael is the best, because B-Boy.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
This discussion has been closed.