Options

i'm buff, i'm the stuff, and the wrestling thread just can't get enough!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    no reason
    the Dust brothers feud won't last for months and become a DVD or something

they get a cool spot in the IC title match at Mania

I'd rather there be best of 5 matches than a Mania blow off after 2 so many good promos

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    * Dolph Ziggler and Dean Ambrose defeated Luke Harper and Bad News Barrett when Ziggler hit a superkick and Zig Zag on Harper. Barrett then knocked out Ziggler and Ambrose. Barrett goes towards R-Truth to get his belt back. Truth is about to hand it over but Ambrose dives through the ropes and takes Barrett out. Truth goes to leave but runs into Harper. Truth puts the belt down and knocks Harper out. Truth goes to leave again but Daniel Bryan comes out. Truth gives him the belt, starts a “yes!” chant and leaves. Bryan starts to celebrate but is ambushed by Stardust. Stardust starts to climb the ladder and poses on it with the belt before leaving. SmackDown ends.

im hysterical
    MrDapper wrote: »
    New letter about Bill DeMott written in March 2013
    Mr. Canyon Ceman,

I'm writing this letter today due to concerns I've had with the training. I've contemplated writing this for some time now. After seeing Harley Race this past week, and talking with him about my concerns for not only my training but my physical well being, he himself encouraged me to write a letter and not only that. He informed me to have anyone in the office to call him if they have any questions about any of the information I will be writing about.

My overall biggest concern is about my safety. Before we took off for Holiday break I suffered a minor head injury. The thing about head injuries is you can't really tell how bad they are until you have proper time to rest. During the course of a practice, I got hit in the head during a drill. I felt very dizzy right away and stepped out of the ring. Practice was almost over that day and I told a few guys near me that I was dizzy. One suggested I might have just been dehydrated or in need of some food. I drank some water and ate a protein bar and I did feel a lot better as the day went. I decided to play the next day of training by ear and see how I felt. I stretched out and did a few rolls in the ring. After just a couple of rolls I felt very dizzy again and saw the trainer.

That day our usual trainer Brian Duncan was on the road. And a substitute trainer attended to me. As I was setting on the table, she examined my eyes and reaction time. Eventually Coach DeMott came in asking what happened. I told him the story of how everything happened, he then accused me of making things worse. Which is not uncommon as Coach DeMott gets angry and standoffish at any sign of injury. The main part of this story that angers me is that as he was leaving the trainers room, Coach DeMott slapped me on top of the head. This really angered me as I don't believe he has right to put hands on anyone especially like that. I was lucky that my head injury wasn't too serious. His negligence in this situation could have worsened my injury.

I have also grown very tired of how Coach DeMott has constantly bullied us. Whether by physically hitting us, or by calling us gay. He has on numerous occasions alluded to me being gay. His favorite phrase is "half a sissy" not to mention him calling me and others "faggots" Coach DeMott has also on several occasions grabbed the bottom rope while we are watching practice and pull it back to hit everyone in the face while they are paying attention to instruction. I personally don't understand his destructive and bullying nature.

While talking with Harley this week about countless unproductive or straight up dangerous drills he encouraged this letter and told me to include that all parties who read it should call him to talk further. Harley agreed that we should not be subjective to physical, or verbal abuse. He was very angry about hearing the information I shared and more than anything didn't understand why he has us doing unproductive drills to begin with, as opposed to having practice matches which we have only done on a few occasions.

In fact upon Harley hearing the story of Coach DeMott hitting me on the head after a head injury, Harley was very angered by this. In five years of training with Harley I never felt unsafe or in danger of suffering a career threatening injury much like I have here.
    I have also witnessed Coach DeMott try to rip a t-shirt off Alexander Rusev, shortly after he had neck surgery.

He has on numerous occasions called Oliver Grey (Joel
    Pettyfer) Pedophile, smacked Enzo Amore (Eric Arndt) in the mouth. He has also told Enzo to kill himself on atleast one occassion that I heard with my own ears. Morale amongst us, is constantly low and is only getting worse. However on the flip side Steve Keirn, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Taylor and Billy Gunn have all been positive influences since joining this company.

The reason I haven't said anything until now, is fear of either losing my job or how Coach DeMott will treat me moving forward. As he already treats me and some others very badly. I decided to go ahead and write as I feel now, nothing will change if I don't speak up. And I hope I can count on your discretion on this matter.

Thank You,

Ryan Collins

and now i'm not

jesus how you do that to anybody, especially enzo, is beyond me

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I now love R-Truth again.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Also
    Reigns cut a promo saying he's absolutely going to get hurt like Heyman said, but he'll still hit a Superman Punch and Spear, and that's all he needs to win.

Takes a lot of guts to have them spoil the match like that 3 full weeks away

• Options
    Roman winning absolutely needs to happen though, regardless of how the crowds react right now.

Because the guy who beat the guy who ended the streak is something to build on, face or heel, for a long time.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    "You'd be a good contender for the IC belt, I guess!" *clapclap clapclapclap*

"Maybe the World Title in a year or two when you've proven yourself!" *clap clap clap*

"Or if Rollins or Amrbose get the belt first and it fits the current plot to have a SHIELD feud!" *clapclapclapclapclap.....*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFCtdBCz41U&ab_channel=aiwrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgdOt5f-CRo&ab_channel=BeyondWrestling

I couldn't find the one where he does that chant, then later in the night or at a later event a fan tries to start the chant by himself.

Chuck leaves the ring, finds him and hugs him.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'm leery of Reigns/Lesnar, because if Brock is leaving I can see him not really caring to make Roman look good, which he needs to do to make it believable.

Bryan and Rollins can lead him along and make him look like a beast, Brock can make him look like a joke if he wants to.

And please don't end it with a SURPRISE SPEAR

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

I hate this line or reasoning. I was trained in a situation that was way more fucked up so man up. No that's not how it works. It's bad training. For fucks sake in Jericho's book he talks about how Keith Hart gave him a backbody drop on the first day of training. That's fucking dumb, Jericho didn't know how to bump and then Hart stretched the shit out of him, because he's an asshole and having that kind of shitty experience should probably make him consider better ways to train people.

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Yeah, if you don't like being pulled by the neck after surgery or being called gay slurs you should quit!

No seriously, you should quit. That sounds like a toxic and horribly unsafe work environment.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    I'm leery of Reigns/Lesnar, because if Brock is leaving I can see him not really caring to make Roman look good, which he needs to do to make it believable.

Bryan and Rollins can lead him along and make him look like a beast, Brock can make him look like a joke if he wants to.

And please don't end it with a SURPRISE SPEAR

If Brock is having money issues right now I could see that happening. But if Lesnar is for sure leaving I'll bet they pay him a bonus just to make sure he plays ball.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Magell wrote: »

I hate this line or reasoning. I was trained in a situation that was way more fucked up so man up. No that's not how it works. It's bad training. For fucks sake in Jericho's book he talks about how Keith Hart gave him a backbody drop on the first day of training. That's fucking dumb, Jericho didn't know how to bump and then Hart stretched the shit out of him, because he's an asshole and having that kind of shitty experience should probably make him consider better ways to train people.

Chris...Chris, no...

• Options
    Magell wrote: »

I doubt many old school trained wrestlers will be against how Demott does things.

Well, maybe Mick Foley.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The shit about making people work through injuries that they shouldn't be wrestling with should probably make any wrestler who worked through the attitude era and saw a ton of wrestlers fuck themselves up on painkillers because they came back from injuries too soon pretty leery about that kind of shit.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    All the talky stuff last night, while mostly good, probably caused the live crowd to get restless and chant things that have been dormant a bit.

Just don't fucking do it during AJ's segments you dicks. And people wonder why Vince and Dunn treat the Divas like they do.

Vince and Dunn treated the Divas like they do long before CM Punk walked out.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Newsday with some great pics from a WWE house show.

That Macho Man cosplayer looks better at 46 than Savage himself looked at 36.

Also, the reporter thinks R-Truth's name is "What's Up". That's kind of cute.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    Smackdown Spoilers
    * Rusev defeated Jack Swagger with The Accolade. Curtis Axel cut an Axelmania promo on the big screen, inspired by Hulk Hogan, and said he's coming for Rusev and the US Title.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooooddddddddddddddddddddd

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Is there a person on the planet who cares about WWE booking another Jack Swagger vs Rusev match?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Is there a person on the planet who cares about WWE booking another Jack Swagger vs Rusev match?

I think maybe you took the wrong message from that spoiler

• Options

Oh no, I'm not talking about anybody's reaction to the other stuff. I'm just saying that their fued was white hot with weeks of build several months ago and now Swagger loses to Rusev on a weekly basis.

Joshi Gifs: Minoru Suzuki is for gender equality in the workplace edition

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    I still don't understand how General Hugh G Rection ended up being in charge of training the future of wrestling?

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Oh no, I'm not talking about anybody's reaction to the other stuff. I'm just saying that their fued was white hot with weeks of build several months ago and now Swagger loses to Rusev on a weekly basis.

Honestly it's the best part of WWE programming right now.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
  • Options
    I still don't understand how General Hugh G Rection ended up being in charge of training the future of wrestling?

Can we at least dig corporal cajun out of whatever ditch he's living in and give him the job instead

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Nirya wrote: »

Honestly it's the best part of WWE programming right now.

I think he's more complaining about jack swagger than rusev; rusev is the best face on wwe's roster right now

I'm pretty sure I'm one of the three people left who actually likes jack swagger, at least while he's not trying to actively ruin anyone's careers

Whippy on
  • Options
    A short list of wrestlers that would make for a better fit for the position than Bill Demott...
    ScDGs.png

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So I just saw a post about Curtis Axel potentially being US champ next week via John Cena interfering with his match with Rusev and costing Rusev his belt

Which

Would actually be pretty rad I think

Cena and Rusev get their match while Curtis Axel rides this surge of popularity out of nowhere and hopefully becomes a solid midcard guy instead of someone they send to NXT to lose to Finn and Sami

Better than Cena inevitably losing the belt to some heel who cheated

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Axel should go full Hogan and become a total suckup 'Go America!' babyface that poses for the crowd and gives Cena speeches about 'never giving up' and all that.

Then actually be a heel and cheat continuously to keep the belt. But for America!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Although I think I just accidentally created Bo Dallas.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Axel should go full Hogan and become a total suckup 'Go America!' babyface that poses for the crowd and gives Cena speeches about 'never giving up' and all that.

Then actually be a heel and cheat continuously to keep the belt. But for America!
    Oh my god yes

Like a flag draped Bo Dallas

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Then they unite into their final form of Team American Bo-lievers

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Then they unite into their final form of Team America: World Bo-lice

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I really hope this DeMott stuff doesn't go away again

• Options
    So I finally got around to actually watching the CM Punk promo after the Cena/R-Truth tables match and then the one with Punk and HHH after H took the COO gig

That shit is pretty nuts

Punk definitely is fantastic on the mic and I can see why he drew such an insane, rabid fan base. Of course he was also kind of a shithead (and judging from his post-walk out interviews it wasn't all his character) and pulled out the sexist shit on HHH asking Steph for permission which sucks

I'm kinda bummed that he isn't in the mix nowadays because the dude is super charismatic and I would love to see him and modern day Seth Rollins butt heads but he is clearly much happier now that he's left the company and kind of hated it there so he absolutely shouldn't come back and all of those chants for him are the worst

Also it was super weird seeing Corporate Boss HHH as a good guy

Did his shitty ponytail contain all of his goodness?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So I finally got around to actually watching the CM Punk promo after the Cena/R-Truth tables match

Have you seen MitB '11, the PPV that promo lead up to?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    I want cm punk to come back because I like him and as long as I'm happy I don't care if he isn't

This post is only half-sarcasm; punk might be my favorite modern-era wwe guy

@Blankzilla have you watched any of his slow burn heel turn feud with Jeff hardy? I'm not sure how much of it's on the network but it was pre summer of punk stuff and it's brilliant. There's one particular promo of his where he comes out the Monday after their last ppv match and Jeff had in the last 24 hours been fired for wellness policy stuff and oh my god I just want to kiss it

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    the only time I've enjoyed seeing cm punk was his feud with the undertaker because he was explicitly the villain and I knew he was going to get his ass kicked

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    CM Punk cashing in his Money in the Bank briefcase is still the second best use of that.

Edge after New Years Revolution will always be the top one.

This discussion has been closed.