As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: Bardon Me, Do you have some dead Teemon?

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    LJL Finals currently live. I *think* game 1 just finished, their production value is a little shoddy.

http://www.azubu.tv/Ljlen

Detonation FocusMe vs Detonation RabbitFive!

The fuck are these ads? The Monster one was a Bro-verdose.

Edit: The heck is the commentary? It's like the english commentary is translating for the JP commentators. I know that's not what is happening, but it looks/sounds that way.

It shouldn't be. It's Froskurinn (booooo) and Rapid casting.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Yeah, it clarified eventually. It was very odd seeing the JP casters on screen, but ENG audio. Who is Froskurinn and why boo?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Yeah, it clarified eventually. It was very odd seeing the JP casters on screen, but ENG audio. Who is Froskurinn and why boo?
    Former caster for the English broadcast of the Chinese LPL. She's notorious for an appearance on Summoning Insight pre-Worlds where she dumped on every non-China team.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    So after getting used to the game over the past couple weeks and falling for Vlad and Xerath, I felt the need to make champion music.

Logically, knowing my champion preferences, I chose to do...

Orianna!

(Okay, I also looked into Vlad.

Are they feeling evocative of their respective champs?

@EidolonOrpheus as an orianna main that is fantastic.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just spent an hour watching Cowsep Master Yi.

Mein gott.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Oh my god that disrespect from Lustboy in their game against CST

He built Ardent Censer

Not disrepect. Not only is Ardent a decent item on Janna but its really really really amazingly good in a protect the Kog comp. Who will get bonus AD from Janna Shield, on-hit magic damage from Lulu Shield(which stays) as well as the natural on-hit damage that kog has. Ardent Censor is like buying rank 1 bloodboil. And well, bloodboil only gives 5% AS per level anyway so you're almost nunu by buying a single item

Now that the meta is moving more towards super tanks and less towards assassins, Censor is going to get better and better because your AD will need every boost they can get to take out the enemy front line. And well, if you're pure peel like Janna and aren't at risk of having your AD drop to an assassin then censor is probably the most efficient item you can buy
    Just spent an hour watching Cowsep Master Yi.

Mein gott.

Cowsep is the worst

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    LCS Spoiler TIP vs DIG
    Wait dig won?!?!?! I am confused, so dig fans must be as well

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Oh my god that disrespect from Lustboy in their game against CST

He built Ardent Censer

Not disrepect. Not only is Ardent a decent item on Janna but its really really really amazingly good in a protect the Kog comp. Who will get bonus AD from Janna Shield, on-hit magic damage from Lulu Shield(which stays) as well as the natural on-hit damage that kog has. Ardent Censor is like buying rank 1 bloodboil. And well, bloodboil only gives 5% AS per level anyway so you're almost nunu by buying a single item

Now that the meta is moving more towards super tanks and less towards assassins, Censor is going to get better and better because your AD will need every boost they can get to take out the enemy front line. And well, if you're pure peel like Janna and aren't at risk of having your AD drop to an assassin then censor is probably the most efficient item you can buy

No, that's entirely why it's disrespect. When you're in a two threat comp against a team that has guaranteed hard engage like Nautilus, the ADC should be eating pain every fight. If you build Censer over Mikael's or Locket, you're basically saying "no, you can't even vaguely do your jobs". Whatever minute theoretical efficiency would be gained from Censer's AS boost should always lose to actualized safety/uptime from the other items unless the protection target already had 100% uptime anyway in which case gg surrender at 20

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Why would a champion without a passthough hook be bringing pain to an ADC every fight? Nauts ult is not enough, alone, to kill or even threaten Kog. It's not enough to let the rest of the enemy team urgot/lulu to get to Kog. With no assassins Kog is safe unless he is picked or the team is whombo'd.

Even if it was, more AP would not have helped compared to the AS and CDR (and MP5) that is on censor. It's a legit good pickup.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    BoxBox with the wisdom

"Old Chinese Proverb: it's better to be a loser than a winner without 20 stacks"

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    LCS Spoiler TIP vs DIG
    Wait dig won?!?!?! I am confused, so dig fans must be as well
    Listen man, I mean this in the nicest way possible. LCS SPOILER TIP VS DIG
    Dig's organization this year shat the bed hard. I have 0 idea how they are going to do in relegations, because Azingy is inconsistent as hell, and CloudNygugen was such a better jungler overall. Add the fact that Shiphtur is still underperforming hard (#8 in cs by 10 AND 20 minutes in the midlane), I don't know if they can soloqueue style it out in relegations. Because apparently, thats the only way they can win.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    So after getting used to the game over the past couple weeks and falling for Vlad and Xerath, I felt the need to make champion music.

Orianna!

Yay! Due to such varied responses though, I've been looking at the piece and trying to figure out how it might have gotten them. I think part of it is that there's a disconnect between Orianna the fighter and Orianna the dancer. Her fighting style is very robotic, not movement heavy, and relies on the ball. When I wrote the piece, I envisioned it more as a ballet for her to dance to than a soundtrack to her as a fighter (different parts even feel scored to certain ballet moves). So that's making me think that it would work much better with visuals (a RIOT music video with her dancing intercut with moments of combat or her backstory) and/or it might need an accompanying track that is more indicative of her battle presence.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

Orianna!

Yay! Due to such varied responses though, I've been looking at the piece and trying to figure out how it might have gotten them. I think part of it is that there's a disconnect between Orianna the fighter and Orianna the dancer. Her fighting style is very robotic, not movement heavy, and relies on the ball. When I wrote the piece, I envisioned it more as a ballet for her to dance to than a soundtrack to her as a fighter (different parts even feel scored to certain ballet moves). So that's making me think that it would work much better with visuals (a RIOT music video with her dancing intercut with moments of combat or her backstory) and/or it might need an accompanying track that is more indicative of her battle presence.

If you were to create two pieces that were individually great, but laid over each other were astounding, that'd blow my mind. Or maybe something like dueling banjos (but more classy, naturally), that'd also be an interesting meld.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular

Orianna!

If you were to create two pieces that were individually great, but laid over each other were astounding, that'd blow my mind. Or maybe something like dueling banjos (but more classy, naturally), that'd also be an interesting meld.
    Oh my god, my brain is reading this like a dare. I've gotta do it now.

• Options
    @Goumindong
    I'm coming from a position of ignorance here, but why is Cowsep "the worst"?

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    At the LCS studios for today's games. Audience composition is exactly what you'd expect. I'll have a mini photo blog later on.

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote: »
    At the LCS studios for today's games. Audience composition is exactly what you'd expect. I'll have a mini photo blog later on.

Huh. I've only ever been a couple hours away for all these years, but have never been to a Riot event. :(

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    @Goumindong

people dislike his personality

• Options
    @Goumindong

I must not have watched enough videos, what I have seen from him personality wise is pretty much the same as other known streamers. He also seems to comport himself well on reddit. Can you go into detail?

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote: »

Huh. I've only ever been a couple hours away for all these years, but have never been to a Riot event. :(

I've been to (portions of) the NA regionals at PAX the last three years. It's pretty fun!

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Well that was a waste of an hour of my life. Fantastic

How they do not auto ban people that sit afk in the nexus is beyond me.

Kennen trolls all game, keeps trying to solo their nexus, literally says "no" when asked to group, then afk's for the last 10 minutes allowing the enemy team to win.

Then the draven keeps telling our irelia to do a TP backdoor while they have baron buff and the inhibs had respawned.

All while STILL refusing to group up as 4 even!

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Played a nice little ranked game of Graves.
    But once I hit 4 items, I realized something was wrong with my build, and I just couldn't think of what for a while...can you see what it was?
    I forgot to buy boots until I had IE, PD, LW, and BT. hahahahahaha, I was like "normally when I buy BT there's only one item to go and I think I'lll get something offense flavored but hmm which one...but now I have two items to go and I don't know what they should be! But wait why 2 items?" At that same moment Janna chatted 'peel for Graves and we win' and I realized I should not share my no-boots status with my team lest they lose faith in me.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    credeiki wrote: »
    Played a nice little ranked game of Graves.
    But once I hit 4 items, I realized something was wrong with my build, and I just couldn't think of what for a while...can you see what it was?
    I forgot to buy boots until I had IE, PD, LW, and BT. hahahahahaha, I was like "normally when I buy BT there's only one item to go and I think I'lll get something offense flavored but hmm which one...but now I have two items to go and I don't know what they should be! But wait why 2 items?" At that same moment Janna chatted 'peel for Graves and we win' and I realized I should not share my no-boots status with my team lest they lose faith in me.

Hahaha. I made the same mistake just a few days ago.

Speaking of move speed. Does anyone else run move speed runes with a high frequency? Or am I wasting valuable rune page space?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Not on adc's, attack speed is better there.

My page for warwick has movement speed, as it helps me stick to targets a bit better.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Right, during that game I was also thinking "wtf terrible elo am I playing at? I'm not even playing well (cold hands, haven't played this week aside from a couple of bot games) and I'm wrecking" and then I realized, who am I to disparage those around me when I have gone full Salty Teemo and haven't even bought boots. (I mean also at some point their Draven had 3 doran's and an essence reaver and boots so...there were a lot of iffy decisions that game, starting at their team's champ select with the mid Malphite, jungle Alistar, and top Draven, none of whom were remotely effective...)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I really want Essence Reaver to be buffed, just a tad.

Because it's conceptually really nice for ADCs like MF who have significant damage on Q.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    *tunes in to see Bjergsen playing on cho'gath*

where is :psyduck:

• Options
    edited March 2015
    @Goumindong

I must not have watched enough videos, what I have seen from him personality wise is pretty much the same as other known streamers. He also seems to comport himself well on reddit. Can you go into detail?
    He does scary things with his tongue and dancing and yelling. People are intimidated by this.

But he is seriously one of the best Yis out there. If you haven't seen this, watch this with the notes he put in for everything he did in the fights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf9yJM4bbQw

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I saw that video. I really liked it mainly because of the notes. I think he seems like an alright sort. I'm considering picking up Yi instead of Trynd. Well, maybe both since Yi is cheap. I like tanks, but melee assassins that melt squishies like those two are also fun for me.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Watching that video merely reminds me why I left Master Yi as the last champion I unlocked. As much as I love ghostblade for its active and stats that video also shows off the power of 15% crit chance.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    He yells and he is a jerk and is annoying like the child of parents with no discipline. That is why i can't watch him

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Also there is the stigma also for Yi himself. What's up with that? He is alternately recommended as an easy to learn champ or disparaged for being a noob champ.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    snowball champ

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    It is easy to learn how to play Yi but there is a lot more intricacy than people care to think about in order to actually succeed with him in teamfights.

Also people remember when they were new and got stomped by a Yi who was better than them and get mad because no skill, just right click

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    snowball champ

We need a living snowball champ. His size is a function of how much gold he's gotten that game.

It has no maximum.

His abilities hit wider areas the bigger he is.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular

Cho mid is actually really common now! It was never actually bad and, as long as he doesn't get completely trashed in the early levels, he can eventually win nearly any lane. He either gets too tanky to kill or too bursty to get near. Even in a straight up melee fight he can actually win early because of his high base AD and how much damage his E does early on, which he's capable of forcing because of his silence. Not only that, his silence not only screws over ranged mages, it's really obnoxious to deal with as an assassin because you can't use any abilities to try and burst him down. Once it wears off he can drop a rupture at his feet and kite through the slow.

Once he hits six he has crazy high kill pressure and if a jungler has any CC that lets him land a rupture it's basically a kill every time his ult's up, probably without ignite even. I had one game with a Vi jungle and that's some rude nonsense. Ult into rupture, feral scream guarantees they can't flash when they land. Ult for the execute.

Now that his ult goes on half cooldown for killing a minion it's usually up a little after every minion wave spawns so you can waltz off to wraiths, eat a small one, walk back and shove out the wave. On top of that he's also really good at securing early dragons because feast outdamages both Nunu and smite at every point in the game, as long as he has any AP at all. Telling your jungler that you're going to feast as soon as it hits two thousand (I'd go higher if it's Nunu) gives him a heads up to smite as soon as he sees the animation.

A long time ago they also buffed feast to have a significantly shorter cast time and it's awesome now. I don't think I've seen anyone blink out of it ever since then.

I was actually really worried because I was always afraid of a high AP build on Cho due to how risky it is compared to super tank but it's actually really, really strong against less durable targets and he's more than just a peel bot and he still ends up being massive. I see a lot of Rod of Ages, Abyssal, Deathcap builds against AP, it's a fun build.

butts
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Goumindong wrote: »
    He yells and he is a jerk and is annoying like the child of parents with no discipline. That is why i can't watch him

This applies to a LOT of other streamers as well. To each their own, but those qualities are not unique to Cowsep.

Re: Yi snowball, the description applies to Trynd also, and others. I mean, trynd is even more simple that Yi, I think. I guess the early bad reputation carries over In Yi's case.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    The shaco principle applies to master yi. People perceive that they only get a blind dog playing yi on their team while every enemy yi goes 20/0

• Options
    Jookie wrote: »

Cho mid is actually really common now! It was never actually bad and, as long as he doesn't get completely trashed in the early levels, he can eventually win nearly any lane. He either gets too tanky to kill or too bursty to get near. Even in a straight up melee fight he can actually win early because of his high base AD and how much damage his E does early on, which he's capable of forcing because of his silence. Not only that, his silence not only screws over ranged mages, it's really obnoxious to deal with as an assassin because you can't use any abilities to try and burst him down. Once it wears off he can drop a rupture at his feet and kite through the slow.

Once he hits six he has crazy high kill pressure and if a jungler has any CC that lets him land a rupture it's basically a kill every time his ult's up, probably without ignite even. I had one game with a Vi jungle and that's some rude nonsense. Ult into rupture, feral scream guarantees they can't flash when they land. Ult for the execute.

Now that his ult goes on half cooldown for killing a minion it's usually up a little after every minion wave spawns so you can waltz off to wraiths, eat a small one, walk back and shove out the wave. On top of that he's also really good at securing early dragons because feast outdamages both Nunu and smite at every point in the game, as long as he has any AP at all. Telling your jungler that you're going to feast as soon as it hits two thousand (I'd go higher if it's Nunu) gives him a heads up to smite as soon as he sees the animation.

A long time ago they also buffed feast to have a significantly shorter cast time and it's awesome now. I don't think I've seen anyone blink out of it ever since then.

I was actually really worried because I was always afraid of a high AP build on Cho due to how risky it is compared to super tank but it's actually really, really strong against less durable targets and he's more than just a peel bot and he still ends up being massive. I see a lot of Rod of Ages, Abyssal, Deathcap builds against AP, it's a fun build.

Wasn't about the champion, was about bjerg playing a tanky mage being really goddamn weird

This discussion has been closed.