As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mario Kart 8: Animal Crossing DLC April 23rd, with 200cc coming for free!

• Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    Red team, assume delta formation.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Red 5 standing by.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Oh my lord. Sorry skeldare! I see you got stuck in a 4 vs 1 match!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, the odds were not in my favor.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Nice work Courtney! Score one for Red Team!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    hi5 whoever sent that blue shell.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Oh huh, no CPU racers? Interesting.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Nooooooooooooooooo communication error!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Annnd now I'm spectating the CPU playing as me. That's a new one.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    I think I might be out of practice a bit.

Not that I was ever great to begin with.

Plus not having CPU players kinda throws me off.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Sorry if you hit one of my orbiting red shells Courtney! I was doing my best to avoid you. D:

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Sorry for hitting you as Bullet Bill, MrBlarney. I tried to steer it so it wouldn't hit you, but couldn't do it in time.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    I hate Wario Stadium so goddamn much.

• Options
    The items seem fairly brutal so far.

Good job on that one red team and sorry for the early accidental red shell William!

• Options
    Raziel_pmRaziel_pm Registered User regular
    Dammit! This is the WORST I've ever played.

Your sig was too large. Maximum sig size is 500x80. - Jacobkosh.
  • Options
    Aggg! Communication error #2

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Raziel_pmRaziel_pm Registered User regular
    @AbsoluteZero: I'm getting lag on the roulette wheel, also.

Your sig was too large. Maximum sig size is 500x80. - Jacobkosh.
  • Options
    A single mushroom in 9th. Gee thanks game.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Fucking hell, I went from 4th to last place right before the fucking finish line on Excitebike Arena.

• Options
    Yeah, I was trying on that one but didn't quite have the firepower.

• Options
    Oh my god I hate you Dragon Driftway

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Not a great night for me, but looks like Red won anyway. Though numbers were in our favor.

Good races!

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    That last race felt really weird. :P

• Options
    Rehab wrote: »
    That last race felt really weird. :P

I would have had you if I would just stop driving in the goddamn grass!!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Some thoughts:

1) Mushrooms Only would negate the possibility of friendly fire while still having some items in play.

2) I'll be interested in seeing the per capita scoring (Red / 5 vs. Blue / 4) to see if it tips the balance one way or the other.

Honestly, Teams was the least frustrated I've ever felt playing MK8 online, if only because I had absolutely no idea how to tell what any kind of placing of my own was going to affect the rankings. Also, @Rehab: no biggie. I plugged Absolute-Zero in my first race by mistake before I had clearly sorted out who was on which team, so what goes around comes around.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Well, last race being red-biased makes up for the first race being blue-biased, I suppose. But MAN, did Red Dragon clean up today. My superheavy kart build did not do nearly as well this week as it did last week, and it really is tough to figure out what to do with your items sometimes. I probably punched my teammates nearly as often as I did the opposition, it was quite the juggling act to check up on things on the gamepad at the same time as the television.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    CGHCGH Registered User regular
    Note to self: Don't drink heavily before and during Mario Kart tournaments if you wan't to do well. My god, I completely forgot how to play the game after like the 5th race. And I wasn't doing all that great before that.

I also think I had the worst item luck I've ever had in these tournaments, but it's entirely possible I just forgot what most of the items do.

Sorry, Blue Hydras, for letting you down.

• Options
    I'm not sure how to even out the scores to account for having 5 vs 4 racers, but if you take out Red Dragon's highest score it was a win by only 5 points. I think if we had a true 5 v 5 it would have been very close indeed.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    CGHCGH Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Maybe you should take the Red Dragons score and multiply it by 80%? I dunno, but it sure felt like the Red Dragons kicked some ass.

And I was feeling good a few hours ago. I played online against random people in the first time since forever and won most of the races. Then this tournament happened...

Also, I gotta share this story. So in my first race I got blue shelled and then Courtney passed me. I fired a reactionary red shell at him in response (which he was able to block) and I almost had a panic attack since I realized right after that he was on my team. But no! He was on my team Wednesday, and today was Sunday, and he wasn't on my team today. So I felt better after I realized that. Thanks for reading.

Stop awesoming my posts, Geth! I don't need the encouragement!

CGH on
  • Options
    Penny-Arcade G&T Sunday Drivers Week 43 Results

zlCfzTLOfJUiiGJp1I

And the winner is...

5to3588gf868.png

Red Dragon - 435 **WINNER**
    Blue Hydra - 306

A couple different ways of adjusting for the 5th driver advantage Red Dragon had produces different results...

Deducting Red Dragon's highest score (Courtney - 130) puts Blue Hydra on top by one point

Red Dragon - 305
    Blue Hydra - 306 **WINNER**

Reducing Red Dragon's score total by 1/5th...

Red Dragon - 348 **WINNER**
    Blue Hydra - 306

You can find some more granular information at this link.

Check out highlights of this week's action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgBb0D4gLc
    Corey and Maz maintain an iron grip on 1st & 2nd for Blue Hydra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cQeqswHgW4
    Courtney & William unleash their fury to take 1st & 2nd for Red Dragon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgEJ6bp0CHQ
    Blue Shell betrays Blue Hydra, hand delivering the win to Red Dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0fpm4edAr4
    William snatches a last minute win from a pack of Blue Hydras

Thanks to all who participated in today's races. See you again next SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    cravipatcravipat CFKPW? Registered User regular
    Wednesday is for Mario Kart. I hope to see everyone out there tonight. I've got a special treat setup that will work best with more people. I don't want to reveal the details but here is the code (same as the old code if you've join in the past)

7361-4828-4040

No weird restrictions. You can use whatever setup and control scheme you want. I'll probably only do this once so if it turns out horrible we can never speak of it again.

nw1m8qQ.pngwNA4DEe.png6W3X2nk.png
    Super Mario Maker ID: DBB-1RH-JJG
  • Options
    New DLC April 23rd

That Animal Croasing track looks awesome

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Holy shit 200cc looks absolutely insane

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Now that we know that DLC Pack 2 is launching on Thursday April 23rd, y'all can expect the SundayDrivers tourney on Sunday 4/26 to be DLC only. I don't think we'll jump into 200cc right away, though.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    200cc? The weapons were bad enough in 150cc. Does the 200cc controlled computer just cap you in the head right at the starting line?

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    He said you might have to brake. Never!

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I like that they added more Mii costumes to unlock with new amiibo.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
This discussion has been closed.