Options

Game series you think should be revived.

• Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Would Vagrant Story count seeing as there was only one?

Also, Shenmue. No, I don't care that you hate it.
    Roshin wrote: »
    - The Earthsiege games.

And yes.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    thegloamingthegloaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Food wrote: »
    I don't necessarily think there should be a sequel to Planescape plot-wise, but I'd love to see another game use the setting.

Really any non-Forgotten Realms D&D game would be a welcome change as far as I'm concerned. I think the world is ready for high-def Mind Flaying. 8-)

thegloaming on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    A Dark Sun revival would be incredible. Both on the computer and p&p, that is. Such an amazing world.

Which setting is D&D Tactics? Eberron?

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    thegloamingthegloaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Cherrn wrote: »
    A Dark Sun revival would be incredible. Both on the computer and p&p, that is. Such an amazing world.

Which setting is D&D Tactics? Eberron?

Greyhawk, which I found out by consulting this very comprehensive list.

thegloaming on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    EVO and Syndicate seconded.

I would pay for remade Syndicate music. It was like the music from the Dianetics commercials but with the word "Syndicate" in the middle.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wing Commander. The main series. AND! Rings of Power.

RichardTauber on
  • Options
    YumcakeYumcake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Give me a /good/ Carmageddon sequel.

Yumcake on
    Cake is yum, is yum cake? I think, therefore I am. I am... Yumcake.

kelbear1.png
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm not sure if any of you heard or played this game for the Genesis...

But I would really like to see GreenDog redone/re-released.

Greendog-title.gif

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Creatures from the C64, puzzle based single screen Torture Screens. Fuzzies are captured by evil demons, you must rescue fuzzies before they are tortured, chainsaw'd, cut in half, pushed in to acid, squished, burnt and generally maimed:

creatures.JPG

I will continue to pimp this game till I'm blue in the face, it was my childhood favourite. It even had a Terminator 2 title screen (Which happened to be one of my fave films at the time too!)

But, it's not popular enough so not a chance in hell. Another obscure-ish one I'd love to see revived would be Skool Daze and Bak 2 Skool. Bully almost did a good enough job but it wasn't close enough to the previous two mentioned games.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Cherrn wrote: »
    Mech

Fucking

Warrior
    Mech. Fucking. Warrior.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was just discussing yesterday how I'd like to see a good sequel, or at least update, to TIE Fighter.

Craigopogo on
  • Options
    Lars_DomusLars_Domus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Roshin wrote: »
    Elite.

Yes.

That's the first series I thought about when I saw this thread.

Also, Legacy of Kain and Phantasy Star.

Lars_Domus on
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    Solar Jetman + today's physics/graphics engines and motion controls (PS3/Wii) = totally awesome.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Non-shit Lufia titles. I still play Rise of the Sinistrals once a year - we need some start of trilogy thang going on, damnit.

:^:
    I approve of your message.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The MechWarrior series (the REAL MechWarrior series)

Blast Corps (and I haven't even played the original for more then an hour)

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Threepio wrote: »
    Space Quest and Quest for Glory.
    King's Quest rebooted to begin after 6.

EDIT

A true to the original Shining Force.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JeakJeak Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was just thinking about how a sequel to an xcom game would work today and also why nobody has mentioned Beyond Good and Evil yet (unless I missed it).

Then I was thinking about what made the two games great,

BGaE - Strong female character, dressed fairly sensibly and able to hold her own in a fight.

Xcom - I think the defining point of the first two games was base defence. Without it, you'd never really feel the connection between the tactical map and missions. When I first played the game I assumed that the base screen was merely metaphorical - you build x to get y. Fighting through what you spend much of the game staring at makes it very physical and real.

I'm not sure if this would work in 2007 as a top down game so you'd probably want to do it in 3d, some kind of sci-fi fps, but one very grounded in the real world.

Then I realised something else, what would happen if you Combined :) the two?
    You probably get Half-Life episode 2!
    http://www.fourhman.com/reviews/images/bg&e1.jpg

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Image:Alyx.jpg

Alyx is pretty similar, in character and appearance, to Jade.

The bit in ep2 with the downed advisor pod is similar to one of those farm house crash sites in Xcom, in both look and atmosphere.

Finally, the base defence mission near the end (in the secondary Silo) is exactly like I'd imagine a modern day xcom, minus squad elements of course.

in summation Half-Life 1 + (Xcom -non linear gameplay) + (Beyond Good and Evil - camera) = Awesome

Jeak on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Bionic Commando.
    Oh, wait...

Seriously:
    Wing Commander! Mechwarrior! Real ULTIMA! Baldur's Gate! Knights of the Old Republic!

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FirebrandFirebrand Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Little Big Adventure
    Kid Icarus
    Monster World (Wonder Boy)
    X-Wing

Firebrand on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Non-shit Lufia titles. I still play Rise of the Sinistrals once a year - we need some start of trilogy thang going on, damnit.

:^:
    I approve of your message.

The Wild Arms series seems pretty similar, at least superficially.

jothki on
  • Options
    StriferStrifer Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Freespace is not dead. Freespace. Is. Not. DEAD.

Fuck you Interplay for being a bunch of self-serving pricks and holding onto the rights to Freespace. THQ would be all over it the second they would have given the rights back. I remember the first time you fought a Shivan fighter in Freespace 1. Fuck, we need an LttP of Freespace.

Also BG&E. Ancel is trying to get this one on track to development, so we should see a sequel sooner or late. I hope Ubisoft does not drop the ball as hard as last time with marketing.

Rayman. Not Rabbids, though I like them very much. No, we should get a proper Rayman game - the peak of the series was with the second game, which made a perfect transition into 3D.

Strifer on
    MikoSuikaLine.jpg
  • Options
    WienkeWienke Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    LewieP wrote: »
    Has anyone said Kid Icarus yet?

Nope it took FOUR pages.

For shame.
    New Wing Commander or Colony Wars?

Wienke on
    PSN: TheWienke
  • Options
    AmbivalentAmbivalent Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I would love to see a new smash tv

Ambivalent on
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Those of you who never played Blaster Master...you don't even know.

Blaster_Master_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg

Scotty on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Snake Rattle and Roll. . . NOW WITH WAGGLE.

MechWarrior 2 should be remade, except bigger and badder, with actually managing where parts go, ferrous bundling, armor plating, ammo reserves, weapons, everything. None of that shit drag and drop interstate '76 style, and none of that arcadey BS that made the MechAssault games silly.

Strider. ALSO NOW WITH WAGGLE.

finally, Steel Battalion 2. on 360 or PC. with USB dongle for the controller. and a new fabrication run of the controller. and this time purple buttons. or buttons that can switch color. like that saitek eclipse 2 keyboard.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    NorayNoray Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    SHENMUE

Noray on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Noray wrote: »
    SHENMUE

God yes what an amazing series

Algertman on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If you are going to revive a Dreamcast game make it Chu Chu Rocket on XBL.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm happy to see Legacy of Kain mentioned a few times. I'd definitely like to see where the story would go from there, although as mentioned before, Amy Hennig left after Defiance and Tony Jay is dead. Although in his case, it's fitting that
    the character he played is also dead. At least, I'm pretty sure that Kain killed him at the end of Defiance. He looked pretty dead.

A new Freedom Fighters game would be nice. I guess it's not technically a series, but it certainly deserves a sequel. I remember it was planned, but I don't think it's happening. I suspect that IO Interactive has shelved it permanently, but I wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised.

Also, Scotty: did you know they made a Blaster Master for the PS1 a few years back? It was a budget title. I don't remember being too impressed by it. I think I made it to some boss fight and just gave up because I was bored.

SteevL on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Jet Grind Radio.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    SteevL wrote: »

A new Freedom Fighters game would be nice. I guess it's not technically a series, but it certainly deserves a sequel. I remember it was planned, but I don't think it's happening. I suspect that IO Interactive has shelved it permanently, but I wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=33564

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    ENEMY

UNKNOWN.

Khavall on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Syndicate
    Blaster Master
    Myth

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=33564

Yeah, I know, but it's not the same, maaaaan. I want to kill me some Soviets!

Also, I don't have a system I can play Kane & Lynch on. Although I doubt I'd have a system I could play Freedom Fighters 2 on if that were ever to come out too...

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Jet Set Radio.

Yes! The Xbox one wasnt so good but the vibe of that game on the Dreamcast was so fucking good.

I have a feeling most of the comments in this thread will just be old classic Dreamcast games.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    StriferStrifer Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm happy to see Legacy of Kain mentioned a few times. I'd definitely like to see where the story would go from there, although as mentioned before, Amy Hennig left after Defiance and Tony Jay is dead.

No, his character is not dead. He played that sordid octopus god.

If they aren't going to make another LoK game, they could at least retcon the horrifying mess that is Blood Omen 2 and properly finish the series.

Strifer on
    MikoSuikaLine.jpg
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Marathon. The series needs a fourth installment. Or a remake. I'd settle for either. Let's hope the newly semi-independent Bungie agrees with me. I'd also dig a new Pathways into Darkness.

Metal Arms.

MechCommander.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Strifer wrote: »
    I'm happy to see Legacy of Kain mentioned a few times. I'd definitely like to see where the story would go from there, although as mentioned before, Amy Hennig left after Defiance and Tony Jay is dead.

No, his character is not dead. He played that sordid octopus god.

If they aren't going to make another LoK game, they could at least retcon the horrifying mess that is Blood Omen 2 and properly finish the series.

I guess I'll have to replay the end. I could've sworn you finish him off in that boss fight.

And yeah, Blood Omen 2 was a mess. I had fun playing it, but the story was pretty unimpressive, especially combined with the audio glitches. Speaking of which, wasn't that game originally going to be a sequel to that Chakan game on the Genesis? There's another game some people would like to see a sequel to, although I peronally didn't like it.

SteevL on
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wasteland. I love me some fallout, but I want Wasteland.

A new Bard's Tale that didn't suck would be good too.

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I've said it in other threads but X-wing CD and/or Tie Fighter remake would be amazing

Master blaster too

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason