As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] Thread: Summer Sale is here! (Charity Drive post Pg.41+ Link at top of OP)

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    After running the Belarc Advisor program, the Winodows 7 key used for my PC is the same as the one on the case I found.

So I think I should be ok to do the free full upgrade to Windows 10. Does anyone know whether this will create a new product code for Windows 10 or if I'll be able to reuse the same product key as Windows 7 if I ever need to do a full reinstall later down the track?

EDIT: Terrible TOTP. I won't talk about this matter anymore in the steam thread.

Now with regards to summer steam sale, I think I might be able to do some gifting. It all depends on whether I can get all my preorders this month to be dispatched together from their respective stores.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some of you guys some good games, and not just the $2-$5 games.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I think that if you use an upgrade key, it's supposed to invalidate the older version key.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    There's one curator group I don't follow but I find amusing. From the surface it looks like someone who only reviews the fanservice games and rates them by the amount of skin being shown, but then you read the reviews and it's great satire on the sort of people who are like that, especially when it's done on games that are the furthest thing from fanservice.

I'm rather curious now...

Waifu Hunter now that I'm home to look it up again.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: "Adam is back, and this time he's in a heap of trouble, as he accidentally enrolls in an all-girls school for the augmented. (He did not ask for this.)"

Duck Dynasty: "This open-world stealth FPS successfully blends romance and action. Demolish beaver dams while dating the Robertson of your choice. (Si is best girl)"

Littlewitch Romanesque: Editio Regia: "It's a bit like Harry Potter, if Harry Potter was an FBI honeypot meant to get you on several watchlists and no-fly lists. Obama ruins anime yet again."

Waifu Hunter is the best curator, and I say that as someone who plays a lot of fanservice games and knows he's being lightly mocked. :)

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Re: Fallout 4

I swear nothing had better happen to that dog. Dogs have a special place in my heart, and the thought of them getting hurt in fiction always makes me really depressed.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, no one gives a fig about the baby and parents that get nuked!

Why isn't Steam doing a discount code like greenman?!

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    @Malakaius is a bastard of the highest decree. He gifted me Ark. Now I will ride a dino into the sunset.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Amazon has what it calls the GOTY edition of Shadow of Mordor for $25 right now

But there's no user reviews for it yet so I don't know exactly what's included!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Hey everybody! Its that wonderful time of year again! Where instead of going out to the beach and stuff, we stay inside and play video games for Charity! Oh, you werent here for the last two years and have no idea what I'm talking about? No problem! I'll explain.

Every year we have a Summer Charity Drive. We make incentives and goals and have people donate to Child's Play to reach them. Multiple forumers sacrifice their time and schedules in an effort to raise money for Child's Play Charity, a charity based on giving sick children interesting games to play to take their minds off being stuck in a hospital. If you choose to donate to the cause, you donate DIRECTLY to Child's Play, or you pick a hospital off of Child's Play's list and find an Amazon Wishlist to buy things off of. None of the forumers here will ever see any of the money, all you have to do is PM myself or @iolo a screenshot of the receipt to prove that you've donated and the money will be added to our tally. Its extremely simple, and EXTREMELY effective. Last year we raised well over $5000 during our Summer drive. Thats INSANE. Every year you guys show how much you can give, and its truly wonderful to witness.

More important than the amount raised, however, is the total amount of people donating. We focus more on how many wonderful people take their own hard earned money and donate it to help others, than the total amount. Don't get me wrong, donating huge sums makes you a super amazing person, but its also a super amazing person that only has $10 to spend on video games and donates $5 to others. We've always tried to give extra focus to those who can't donate much, and thats no different this year.

Last year we had a string of 24 hour streams, This year we're definitely not doing that. What we have in-store for you guys is something completely different. This year we're having a grand tournament at the conclusion of our charity drive! A multi-day tournament, featuring multiple different genres and games that anyone can participate in. We'll be taking the scores from each game individually and calculating a winner based on how they did during the entire tournament! Really great at racing games? At least one will be in here. Love you some platformers? There are a few with scoring systems we'll be deciding from. Before the end of the sale, all 8(ish) games will be announced so you can be prepared to take part in this tournament! You won't have to play all of the games, most will be free or super cheap but not everyone will own them. We will have optional byes that you can decide on, and only the top few scores you receive will count towards your tournament standings. More info will be announced as we get closer to the steam sale.

How do you get into this wonderful tournament you ask? Simple, donate $10 towards our drive and you get entered if you choose. When you post your receipt, or pm myself or Iolo, simply mention that you'd like to enter into the tournament! I strongly suggest a lot of people enter, the games are going to be extremely varied so even if you don't think you're the best racer, maybe you're super good at other game types, like pinball or strategy focused games. I promise there will be something for everyone in this grand tournament.

With that out of the way, lets talk about our charity drive. We're going to start out with a few spread out incentives. There will be many more announced and updated in the coming days, but to start with a simple one from myself and a bigger one from @Berylline to get us going.

Once we reach the $50 mark, I'll schedule a playthrough of "Spooky's House of Jump scares" and stream it for everyone to laugh at me being jump scared to death. (I will finish my Duck Dynasty playthrough before the start of the steam sale, still have an hour or so left from that one!)

When we hit the $1000 donation mark, I'll promise to stream Soma, the horror game from the Amnesia guys that is coming out later this year.

Berylline's incentive is a bit higher, but also a bit more interesting. If we reach $2500 Berylline will do a multiple hour tipsy streaming session! How long you ask? That all depends. At $2500 shes guaranteed 2 hours of streaming, for every $1000 we reach over that she'll add another hour to her stream, capping out at 6 hours of non-sober bunny lady fueled goodness.

Thats where we'll be starting, I'll be letting the other people who have offered up incentives to me in private make their own posts to showcase their amazing suggestions :D I have other plans and incentives to throw into the ring as we go along, but if you want to contribute feel free to message me and post here saying what you'll be willing to do and at what level of donations. The more people taking part, the more people donate to see. :)

Thats what we have so far guys, I welcome your suggestions and feedback! And most importantly, I want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to the people who helped decide on our plans this year. Thanks so much to @Jeix @Berylline @Karoz @Krummith @The Brayster and of course @Iolo the awesome accountant helping us keep track of donations. :) You're all awesome, thanks so much for your help and input with the planning!

And thanks to everyone taking the time out to read this, hopefully this year is as wonderful as the previous ones have been. :)

Edit - HOLY SHIT I FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART.

http://childsplaycharity.org/donate This is the site that you donate at. For it to count towards our drive, take a screenshot of the donation receipt and host it (imgur.com is great for this) and post it here and tag myself or iolo in the post so we don't miss it. Donate DIRECTLY to Child's Play, don't try to send money to anyone here. Thanks!

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

Game plus season pass content http://store.steampowered.com/sub/51209/

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    In case anyone is curious, I have my games for the stream picked out. The main game will be In Verbis Virtus (aka, that game where you speak the spells out loud). I'll also be doing some Portal 2 Co-op (with voice chat, sorry). @Mercutio87 and I played a lot of this last year during my part of the marathon stream (around 4 am or so), and never actually finished, so we're going to continue. I'll also play some Catlateral Damage when/if I reach that point where I can't handle the other games. So, the tipsy stream will be some mix of those games.

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

Pretty sure Bundlestars still has it for $19.99.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Tipsy streaming, you say...

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    nyERUXh.png

@Iolo

Let's get the party started!

edit: I'd like to participate in the tournament.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hmm. I can't seem to find the option on the humble website to only donate to Child's Play.

I guess that means I'll be doing separate donations and gifting during the summer sale. Hopefully I'll be able to do both donate and gift some of you guys, but if I'm force to only choose one for whatever reason I might only do the donation.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm finally starting my first play of Tomb Raider 2013, and I was going to stream it... but TressFX demolishes my capture FPS for some reason. Everything else is maxed and the game runs close to 60 for me, but the stream view fps it cut like 50-60% just by turning on that one option.

So until I can figure something out, I'll have to play this one solo because that hair physics is too good not to use.

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    A9gEQk2.jpg
    @Iolo @CorriganX

Count me in for the tournament! <3

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I've done multiple donations and amazon buys before, they just add it to the spreadsheet as a new line.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    I'm finally starting my first play of Tomb Raider 2013, and I was going to stream it... but TressFX demolishes my capture FPS for some reason. Everything else is maxed and the game runs close to 60 for me, but the stream view fps it cut like 50-60% just by turning on that one option.

So until I can figure something out, I'll have to play this one solo because that hair physics is too good not to use.

Yeah I loved the hair in TR. I tried to use the hair in Witcher 3 and my FPS said "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" so I had to not use it. Maybe when I get my new video card eventually.

Also, I did start Witcher 3 today even though I said I was going to take a little break since I just beat the second one. Got it running at almost a solid 50, but I am going to wait to get into it till next week. The controls are all different I need to unlearn what I have learned. A couple of days should do it.

Who am I kidding. I'll probably screw around with it some more tomorrow.

Maybe. Or just torture myself and be terrible at LoL all day.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Once we reach the $50 mark, I'll schedule a playthrough of "Spooky's House of Jump scares" and stream it for everyone to laugh at me being jump scared to death.
    Missing a 0?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    No, Wanted an easy goal to reach to start us off, didn't want make everyone be like "well i'll donate, but dont know if it'll help because we're so far away" :p But apparently we hit it already, woo!

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    After a day that has reached some epic levels of suck, I finally get home to find that @Heatwave has send me a code for It came from space, and ate our brains!

It is totally the kind of mindless violence I need today!

• Options
    Yay! Glad you like it, Krummith. :biggrin:

Also @Iolo @CorriganX

z7l7anV.jpg

Now in regards to the summer sale, I now have at least 12 AUD set aside for gifting. That's about 9 USD. I wish the AUD to USD wasn't so low, but it can't be helped. Just means I'll only be able to gift maybe one game for now until I come across more spare cash. Squeezing another $10 towards gifting isn't completely out of the question just yet though, because when I really want to gift something new that's under $20 (after sale discount).

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Thanks @shdwcaster for the gift of Caster! Can't wait to give it a spin and kill some bugs! <3

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    So uh let's say you want to create a Steamgifts giveaway with keys for one base game and it's season pass.

Do you add both keys into the key list, or just the base game and email the winner the season pass?

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Soo....i broke down and picked up Skullgirls and its suite of DLC (except the colour pack, which did nothing for me, looking at it).

Anyhow, yeah, i'm still as bad at fighters as i've ever been, but i noticed something. Now, up til now i haven't had any games on Steam (and therefore played with my 360controller) that've required really smooth, precise movement with the control stick, but now, compared to my PS3 controller, my 360's control stick feels really (for want of a better descriptor) really sticky and clicky. Like i seem to have the damnedest time even sliding it through a simple Hadoken-style movement. i don't know if this is an artifact of the controller itself (which would be a disappointment, as i've come to like the feel of it), or just a year-and-a-half's worth wear and tear (which would be another kind of disappointment, as a year-and-a-half is pretty quick to wear out, and i don't have a new controller in the budget).

*sigh* So, Skullgirls may go straight to the backburner for a bit, which is a bit of a shame, suck or not, the game is quite pretty and fun for a fighter.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    If it helps, Chris, that game probably would have been the same price during the summer sale anyway, so at least you didn't miss out on any savings.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    If it helps, Chris, that game probably would have been the same price during the summer sale anyway, so at least you didn't miss out on any savings.

*nods* The lot came to prolly round about 5bucks, i figured there wasnae much further it could drop. It's not going anywhere from my library either, so i don't feel like it was money wasted at all. i'm just wondering where on the axis of design/damage my controller is falling. It has been...not performing super up to snuff recently, but it's been something i could write off, since it didnae really effect anything i was playing.
    When i do come around to having the scratch to pick up something new, well i was going to go with a 360or XBone, but now i'm wondering if a PS4 would be in order. New controllers are pricy around here, and even some of the deals folks in chat have shown me could translate to a simple dinner out, so i want to be sure to get what's best for me.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, though, Heat.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Anyone waiting for Mad Max should consider Convoy

Need to update my wishlist, don't need all those game design tools.

RE:SKyrim Interesting NPCS, the Immortal Coil How the fuck do I force a quest npc to talk to me in the console? The locked with barefoot chick not responding and the hideout locked.

I've also located catears for Fallout 3, now I just need a kimono and something ridiculously Japanese looking and maybe a bright, disgustingly pink skybox, and I should be good for level 1 of my mod.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Wooooo tournament!!!

For starters, for every $500 raised, I'll do a comic edit up to 6, starting in July.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    @chris: waffle king

I have a real hard time enjoying fighters with a 360 controller too and struggled with just getting decent gameplay out of them for the longest time. And then I switched to playing on the keyboard with a "hitbox" style control configuration. Movement controls are on the left hand and button inputs are under the right. Once I made the adjustment and got some muscle memory working on the config the difference was night and day. Now I have all of the precision I could ask for.

Drake on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Hey @Iolo @CorriganX - here's my first donation for the drive and enough to get me into the tourney.

6ouw8yt2by7a.png

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    @CorriganX

For every $1000 raised, I'll add one more playthrough of Gender Bender: Why God Why to my ongoing mission of self-torment, playable at the rate of roughly one per month.

I believe they're up to 10 released characters now so that leaves plenty of room.

Bonus: if we manage to break $5000, I'll play Gynophobia.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    7303v9znikt3.png

@Iolo @CorriganX

Hell yeah I'm down for a tournament!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I've also located catears for Fallout 3, now I just need a kimono and something ridiculously Japanese looking and maybe a bright, disgustingly pink skybox, and I should be good for level 1 of my mod.

I can do the pink skybox for you. That's a pretty easy mod. :wink:

There's an abundance of mods featuring kimonos and the like.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Drake wrote: »
    @chris: waffle king

I have a real hard time enjoying fighters with a 360 controller too and struggled with just getting decent gameplay out of them for the longest time. And then I switched to playing on the keyboard with a "hitbox" style control configuration. Movement controls are on the left hand and button inputs are under the right. Once I made the adjustment and got some muscle memory working on the config the difference was night and day. Now I have all of the precision I could ask for.

Holy crow...you...you kbam fighters? Cripes, that's pretty damn awesome.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Using a keyboard for fighting games is better than using a regular ass controller real talk

• Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    Fallout 4 is #2 on Steam right now. What happened to "no pre-orders?"

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Suds wrote: »
    Fallout 4 is #2 on Steam right now. What happened to "no pre-orders?"

I thought that just applied to EA and Ubisoft

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    You can cancel a pre-order for a full refund now. That's basically taken all the worry of pre-ordering away from me...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Do we have any hunt of a release date for Fallout 4? They just announced another game for an October release, Playstation 4 title but still... TOO MANY GAMES FOR OCTOBER!

This discussion has been closed.