As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Old HW launch thread

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    So looking at Amazon and steam the base game is way cheaper there than from the SE store. If I buy it from one of those 2 they should just give me a key I can input into my ff14 account, right? Mog station I think it's called.

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Yukira wrote: »
    Esh wrote: »
    Yukira wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    There is nothing in the world like seeing every melee other than yourself get hit by Zero Form Particle Beam and get blasted away from Cloud of Darkness. 30% of the raid, minimum.

To be fair, the width of that attack is much wider than the animation shows. I've been effectively 5-10 feet out of it before and still gotten hit trying to avoid it.

Yeah, I think everyone gets hit with it once, but twice I saw the raid scattered to the four winds. I use Cloud's targeting circle as the baseline, I think the beam is as wide as its diameter.

It was worth it to see Donut Steel call the group a "bunch of potatoes" in FC chat though.

The best thing is seeing the MT get hit and watch his HP ping pong as all 6 healers collectively shit themselves.

Seriously? Get better healers or make sure your MT is geared enough to handle it. Getting smacked by that beam once shouldn't come close to killing the MT or debuffing him/her badly enough to make anyone worry.

You assume a lot out of the other alliances for a WoD.

Never had an issue myself (and I've run a lot of WoD for fending glamours), but I generally assume MT duties.

My point still stands though, it's a debuff from an ez-mode raid boss. Not an issue at all unless you get multiple stacks.

Esh on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Crap, all it says is standard account. WTF?

Your page should look something like this...
    egoj48wi1d0i.png

Yeah, it doesn't have that.

That said, I re-entered the code on my PS4 directly, and now I'm currently downloading 1+ GB of Heavensward as a separate add on, so I'm not sure what's going on. Whee!

So what are you lacking? The Early Access thing under account?

Correct.

Do all preorders get early access, or just the CE? I originally tried to preorder the CE from GameStop, but they were sold out. So, I preordered a regular physical copy with an assurance that they would bump me up to the CE if any were available. I used the code that came with that. Subsequently, the physical CE became available on Amazon, so I ordered it and cancelled my GameStop preorder. I don't think I received a code from Amazon. IIRC, Amazon sends codes in a separate email than the order confirmation one, and I only have the one.

So, long story short, it's a regular edition code.

Oh, yeah. Amazon isn't sending out your preorder code till the last instant if I remember.

Okay, but like I said, I entered in the GameStop code and got the return code email from SE. I entered that code into PSN - first in the store's website, then in the PS4 itself - and it downloaded a 1.7 GB add on, but my account status hasn't changed.

I really hate this input a code to receive a code stuff. Nothing else I've ever preordered has worked this way.

Your pre-order code was probably cancelled when you cancelled your Gamestop pre-order.

Could be. Or it could be like AngelHedgie suggested and it's handled through PSN and not reflected in Mog Station. I sent an email request to SE support to hopefully get an explanation either way.

In fun news, I'm inching closer to being able to blow through the story. I81 and climbing. I wish the queues from Syrcus Tower were shorter. Seems like Labyrinth of the Ancients is more popular, but SC feels like it goes faster with a good crew, plus you get more Poetics for it.

The queues will be REALLY fast tonight, as everyone and their FC will be running Tower for their weekly.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    So looking at Amazon and steam the base game is way cheaper there than from the SE store. If I buy it from one of those 2 they should just give me a key I can input into my ff14 account, right? Mog station I think it's called.

Yep, but be aware that if you buy the base game from Steam, you'll have to buy the expansion there as well.

Not that you'll need that for a while anyway, as there isn't anything there for a new player except the new race.

• Options
    And according to UPS, my and my girlfriend's CEs are in Illinois.

So excited.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

egoj48wi1d0i.png

That said, I re-entered the code on my PS4 directly, and now I'm currently downloading 1+ GB of Heavensward as a separate add on, so I'm not sure what's going on. Whee!

Correct.

Do all preorders get early access, or just the CE? I originally tried to preorder the CE from GameStop, but they were sold out. So, I preordered a regular physical copy with an assurance that they would bump me up to the CE if any were available. I used the code that came with that. Subsequently, the physical CE became available on Amazon, so I ordered it and cancelled my GameStop preorder. I don't think I received a code from Amazon. IIRC, Amazon sends codes in a separate email than the order confirmation one, and I only have the one.

Oh, yeah. Amazon isn't sending out your preorder code till the last instant if I remember.

Okay, but like I said, I entered in the GameStop code and got the return code email from SE. I entered that code into PSN - first in the store's website, then in the PS4 itself - and it downloaded a 1.7 GB add on, but my account status hasn't changed.

I really hate this input a code to receive a code stuff. Nothing else I've ever preordered has worked this way.

Your pre-order code was probably cancelled when you cancelled your Gamestop pre-order.

Could be. Or it could be like AngelHedgie suggested and it's handled through PSN and not reflected in Mog Station. I sent an email request to SE support to hopefully get an explanation either way.

In fun news, I'm inching closer to being able to blow through the story. I81 and climbing. I wish the queues from Syrcus Tower were shorter. Seems like Labyrinth of the Ancients is more popular, but SC feels like it goes faster with a good crew, plus you get more Poetics for it.

The queues will be REALLY fast tonight, as everyone and their FC will be running Tower for their weekly.

So, everyone crams the queue on Tuesday reset to get their 15 Poetics runs in?
    And according to UPS, my and my girlfriend's CEs are in Illinois.

So excited.

So jealous. :P

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

egoj48wi1d0i.png

Correct.

Nah, there's a weekly once you've done all 3 to do all 3 again and it gives you upgrade items for poetics gear so people tend to do it on Tuesday after the reset.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Carpy wrote: »

Yep, but be aware that if you buy the base game from Steam, you'll have to buy the expansion there as well.

Not that you'll need that for a while anyway, as there isn't anything there for a new player except the new race.

Good to know, Amazon it is then.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    The Squeenix Livestream (not the Live Letter though) should be popping up at (Twitch link erased)

Well, that was underwhelming.

Esh on
  • Options
    Kyanilis wrote: »

egoj48wi1d0i.png

Correct.

Nah, there's a weekly once you've done all 3 to do all 3 again and it gives you upgrade items for poetics gear so people tend to do it on Tuesday after the reset.

Yeah, and this week will be even more jam packed because people will be looking to get their last Tower pre-HW upgrade.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Heavensward launch trailer!!! Edit: Okay so this trailer doesn't show any scenes from the end of ARR but it is a typical trailer in that there's a lot of scenes from the upcoming story. If you want to go in completely blind I wouldn't watch it, otherwise it's pretty fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGFZ6RJqTWY&feature=youtu.be

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Holy shit, I think those things at the end are some of the new limit breaks!

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    That trailer! That music! Those limit breaks!

Amazeballs...seriously though, when do I get to betray Eorzea and become an Imperial. I needs me that armor.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is the one with all the swords the paladin, or ninja LB?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Grove wrote: »

That Machinist and Summoner LB though. So hyped!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

That Machinist and Summoner LB though. So hyped!

Oh yeah! I just saw the imgur of the bard was all. I was so happy with the machinist one...and the summoner...and all of them!

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Is the one with all the swords the paladin, or ninja LB?

Pretty sure it's ninja. Paladin will likely keep the current one as Warrior is getting the same thing but with rocks :D

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Goddammned, that Summoner lb. And the Ninja LB is unlimited blade works? And the Dark Knight LB is literally straight from FFT? Holy crap.

Apparently the l50-l60 Summoner stuff has you
    Attuning yourself with Bahamut? Something about stances, buffs, and coil themed spells?

I keep trying to get out of SMN and they keep dragging me back in. Ugh. Hopefully this talk about new spells and some kind of stacking buff mechanic will change it up a bit.

KiTA on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I hope Alisaie shows up more in HW's main quest. It was too bad she was delegated to Coil tour guide.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    KiTA wrote: »
    Goddammned, that Summoner lb. And the Ninja LB is unlimited blade works? And the Dark Knight LB is literally straight from FFT? Holy crap.

Apparently the l50-l60 Summoner stuff has you
    Attuning yourself with Bahamut? Something about stances, buffs, and coil themed spells?

I keep trying to get out of SMN and they keep dragging me back in. Ugh. Hopefully this talk about new spells and some kind of stacking buff mechanic will change it up a bit.

Yep, at the highest levels, you gain the ability to Akh Morn a bitch.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    @Carpy has now been invited to GHOST. Feel free to ask for aid in FC chat anytime. :biggrin:

488W936.png
  • Options
    Here's a link to close ups of armor and weapons artwork.

http://doublenine.tumblr.com/post/121693515627/a-few-more-new-outfits-nice

• Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    Dark Knight LB looks amazing

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I think I applied for the guild, I'm Fimfil Fillum.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Oh look! The Final Fantasy Franchise is 50% off on Steam today.

Notably absent is 14.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Scholar threw some barrier things up and the group still died.

As for the other limit breaks, good god that summoner limit looks awesome. I'm glad the bard one got that "Yes, I'm awesome, have some arrows to deal with my swagger."

Edit- Mixed AST and SCH LB's

On that note the AST stars look awesome.

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Internet fixed itself! Into the breach once more!

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Were... were those dragon wings sprouting from the back of a SMN?

• Options
    I hadn't thought about this before, but since access to Ishgard is gated behind story completion, does that mean we'll be *mostly* free of Gold spammers in that hold????

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    So out of curiosity was anyone playing during Sony's conference?

Curious what the in-game reactions were regarding the triple whammy drop.

• Options
    Were... were those dragon wings sprouting from the back of a SMN?

Yup, given their newfound ability to summon the essence of Bahamut I am very excited about that LB

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    I hadn't thought about this before, but since access to Ishgard is gated behind story completion, does that mean we'll be *mostly* free of Gold spammers in that hold????

Nope. They send "Tells", they don't spam Shout or Say generally.

• Options

Precisely. However I do believe we'll see a large reduction in the Bots in Heavensward content. It's a minor comfort though since they typically gather lower tier things anyways.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options

Precisely. However I do believe we'll see a large reduction in the Bots in Heavensward content. It's a minor comfort though since they typically gather lower tier things anyways.

Yeah, having level 50 bots who've had to go all the way through the story is not exactly something the gil sellers want to get banned.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular

I've been gettin frequent friend invites.

It's a new kind of annoying since you can't get rid of the message without opening up the friend menu.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Grove on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Looks like I called the conversion of old tomes to gil wrong. Guess poetics will be for leveling gear.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.