Options

What we [chat] in the shadows

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I have discovered that the following things are awesome:

1) Steven Universe (need moar episodddes)
    2) Rocket League (two words: car soccer)
    3) DK's video game streams, especially with special guests scheck and Eddy.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Jesus Osborne's going to cut the budget by 40%

he's gotta be bluffing, right?

that's insane!

nope

because they are a bunch of fucking morons they ringfenced a bunch of departments from spending cuts

so the remaining departments get FUUUUUUCKKKEEEEEDDDD

its not 40% overall but its 25-40% for affected dep0rtments

the ravens are leaving the tower, aren't they?

they have a fetishistic desire to go into surplus

its quite l0l

they could sell off cornwall

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Does anyone know anything about

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Seriously, Rocket League needs to be the next "game that everybody in [chat] plays for a week or two before abandoning it".

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

Yeah, I'd be happy to answer your questions about

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Did the Saturn have any great games? Nights into Dreams gets trotted out every once in a while but that game is hot garbage and everyone who likes it is delusional, probably due to acute sega saturn exposure.

I never had a Saturn but Virtua Fighter 2 was the bee's knees in the arcade. That Panzer Dragoon RPG was supposed to be the best shit in the world, according to Sega fans.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Seriously, Rocket League needs to be the next "game that everybody in [chat] plays for a week or two before abandoning it".

It is amazing. Even if I didn't play any more, for $20 or whatever, the 8-10 hours I got out of it already have been solid gold.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Did the Saturn have any great games? Nights into Dreams gets trotted out every once in a while but that game is hot garbage and everyone who likes it is delusional, probably due to acute sega saturn exposure.
    but da musik
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5dJIWZ7s58

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options

I don't understand why

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

I don't understand why

You make a good point but

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

It is amazing. Even if I didn't play any more, for $20 or whatever, the 8-10 hours I got out of it already have been solid gold.

Have you gotten the knack of flying? I couldn't get a handle on it even in training mode, so I basically play games as if I don't even have that ability.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Streamin' some evening heroes of the storm

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

I don't understand why

Have you even considered that

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    This pita bread is too... white

There's no other way to describe it, but this is hilarious true in multiple respects.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Have you gotten the knack of flying? I couldn't get a handle on it even in training mode, so I basically play games as if I don't even have that ability.

I can do it but not with any degree of precision. I mostly use it to clear the ball or ruin aerial shots.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

kI2uE9W.jpg

*clicks buy*

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    but da musik
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5dJIWZ7s58

This sounds like an 80s-style too many cooks type sitcom themesong.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

I don't understand why

Actually, it's about

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

I can do it but not with any degree of precision. I mostly use it to clear the ball or ruin aerial shots.

Yeah, if a ball is in the air, I'm pretty much like "welp, I have no ability to affect the ball in any way until it hits the ground".

Or I guess just a little bit above the ground.

God scoring goals is so fucking satisfying. Like when a teammate sets you up perfectly, and you just boost and dodge forward into it BAM

so good

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I don't understand why

The important thing is

• Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

I don't understand why

Actually, it's about

Holy shit, I can't believe you would even

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

There's no other way to describe it, but this is hilarious true in multiple respects.

that's wacist

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

I don't understand why

Actually, it's about

I mean, to be fair,

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Orphane wrote: »

that's wacist

It tastes like white bread made by white people!

But I am p good at hummus so the bread is basically irrelevant.

• Options

Yeah, if a ball is in the air, I'm pretty much like "welp, I have no ability to affect the ball in any way until it hits the ground".

God scoring goals is so fucking satisfying. Like when a teammate sets you up perfectly, and you just boost and dodge forward into it BAM

so good

I think it's because there's zero snap or cheating of any kind. It's pure physics. That combined with the fact that when you start playing initially, that game seems like 100% nonsense chaos, how could anyone do anything purposeful in this?

3 hours later you're setting up a perfect cross and a team mate boosts perfectly to ram it home

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »

I don't understand why

Actually, it's about

I mean, to be fair,

*scoff* Yeah I guess, if you're A FUCKING

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

so good

I think it's because there's zero snap or cheating of any kind. It's pure physics. That combined with the fact that when you start playing initially, that game seems like 100% nonsense chaos, how could anyone do anything purposeful in this?

3 hours later you're setting up a perfect cross and a team mate boosts perfectly to ram it home

Also, how do you handle ball view? Do you switch back and forth? Right now I'm staying just in ball view, but it makes some things difficult, like when the ball is really high in the air. I need to get better about switching, I think.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    @Feral did you just Godwin the infidelity thread?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral did you just Godwin the infidelity thread?

Fuck yes I did.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Let's not forget that

• Options
    Godwin ALL the threads

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Godwin ALL the threads

That's something hitler would do.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Godwin ALL the threads

You know who else made that argument?

The Nazis.

• Options
    Godwin ALL the threads

The Nazis.

You know who talked about the Nazis a lot?

The History Channel

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

so good

Also, how do you handle ball view? Do you switch back and forth? Right now I'm staying just in ball view, but it makes some things difficult, like when the ball is really high in the air. I need to get better about switching, I think.

I've been playing Rocket League more or less nonstop for the past week and I've gone from using ball view exclusively to only switching to it for brief instants after a moment of chaos when I need to get my bearings. I've found it's much easier to aim for the right spot on the ball when you're in the driver's perspective (or whatever you want to call the default viewpoint).

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Godwin ALL the threads
    It tastes like white bread made by white people!

Das ist gut, ja, mein gnädige Frau?

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

I don't understand why

Actually, it's about

I mean, to be fair,

*scoff* Yeah I guess, if you're A FUCKING

As a

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Godwin ALL the threads

The Nazis.

You know who talked about the Nazis a lot?

The History Channel

Now they talk about aliens and reality tv.

9741b5ef69abd4f2ccf9fb660adad622.jpg

Harry Dresden on
This discussion has been closed.