Options

What we [chat] in the shadows

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    By the time my kid gets to college everything fun I did in college will probably be illegal.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    By the time my kid gets to college everything fun I did in college will probably be illegal.

If it wasn't already illegal you probably weren't having very much fun.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    please, I never verify my phone number and use burner twitter accounts to sign in

@pustule_popper69

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Thinking about it now a decent portion of my good college memories involve something illegal.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    and we were like, aca-scuse me

I heard this in my head in your most troll voice

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Thinking about it now a decent portion of my good college memories involve something illegal.

underage drinking for starters

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    and we were like, aca-scuse me

I heard this in my head in your most troll voice

I'm casting about wildly for something to bridge the gap

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    I can't even...

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/sleepy-hollow-bones-crossover-episodes-fox-1201542255/
    Two of TV’s favorite odd-couple partnerships may get the chance to meet during the 2015-2016 season. Sources confirm that Fox is planning to bring characters from “Sleepy Hollow” and veteran procedural “Bones” together for an upcoming crossover event, although details on when the crossover will air and which characters may be involved remain under wraps.

According to Variety sister site TVLine, which first reported the crossover, “the EPs at both shows have an inventive idea in place that organically merges the vastly different ‘Bones’ and ‘Sleepy’ universes.” While the crossover was initially planned for a fall debut, “logistical issues” necessitated the postponement of the meet-cute until spring.

sleepy-hollow-tv-show.jpg?n=336

bones03m.jpg

• Options

underage drinking for starters

I dropped out halfway through my freshman year and didn't go back until I was 21 so very little of my college drinking was underage honestly.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Hmm I have a brilliant idea: instead of buying the taco kits whenever I go grocery shopping, I can just get the taco sauce, shells and seasoning separate and make 2 lbs. of taco meat at once, chop up enough condiments and make sure I have enough shells that I can take a night off cooking without eating out or eating a microwaveable dinner.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I am stuck at work for another hour but when I get home I am considering doing another dumb N64 stream.

Starting with a continuation of my slog through Superman 64, then when my resolve crumbles, moving on to Space Station Silicon Valley, a game I've never played but hear is good.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Never tell a friend you like them unless you are ready to lose that friend (either now or after having sex with them for a while first).

You're not going to keep them as a friend if you lie to them about how you feel, either.
    clearly you are bad at lying

You're never quite as good at lying as you think you are. People's emotions tend to be a lot more transparent than they'd like them to be.

im a flawless lier

did u know im not actually nicki minaj? no u dont because my front is p e r f e c t

im gonna need you to delete those pics I sent you

haha i tricked u

im actually nicki minaj but u thought i wasnt

why?

f r o n t i s p e r f e c t

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I am stuck at work for another hour but when I get home I am considering doing another dumb N64 stream.

Starting with a continuation of my slog through Superman 64, then when my resolve crumbles, moving on to Space Station Silicon Valley, a game I've never played but hear is good.

Yessss

Superman 64 is the best in its own way

That way being me getting amusement from how clearly awful it is

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I'm reading a really good biography of Napoleon. Like as much as great man history is silly and everything... Damn, Napoleon is just OP as fuck.

From his Italian campaign
    On the morning of August 4, Napoleon was at Lonato with only 1,200 men when more than 3,000 lost Austrians, who had been cut off from [the enemy general's] command, suddenly blundered into the town. Napoleon calmly informed their parlementaire (officer sent to parley) that his "whole army" was present, and that 'If in eight minutes his division had not laid down its arms, I would not spare a man.' He supported this ruse by issuing orders to Berthier about grenadier and artillery units that Berthier knew were entirely bogus. The Austrians only discovered once they had surrendered and been disarmed that there were no French forces nearby, and that they could have captured Napoleon with ease.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    I'm reading a really good biography of Napoleon. Like as much as great man history is silly and everything... Damn, Napoleon is just OP as fuck.

On the morning of August 4, Napoleon was at Lonato with only 1,200 men when more than 3,000 lost Austrians, who had been cut off from [the enemy general's] command, suddenly blundered into the town. Napoleon calmly informed their parlementaire (officer sent to parley) that his "whole army" was present, and that 'If in eight minutes his division had not laid down its arms, I would not spare a man.' He supported this ruse by issuing orders to Berthier about grenadier and artillery units that Berthier knew were entirely bogus. The Austrians only discovered once they had surrendered and been disarmed that there were no French forces nearby, and that they could have captured Napoleon with ease.

this some real duke-of-wellington-in-jonathan-strange shit

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I mean, if you look at the whole library of N64 games, that library is kinda garbage. There are some great games but a whole lot of garbage and really the PS1 kinda kicked it's ass.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Napoleon being a wizard would explain some things.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    my favourite genre of writing is the french writing books about how they actually won waterloo

it happens all the time its great

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i fucking hate when new acts bring audiences to shows because they're the most disrespectful shower of pricks

yeah, your mate just finished his third gig. That's no reason to start talking loudly while the next act is on

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    my favourite genre of writing is the french writing books about how they actually won waterloo

what do you mean?

they did win waterloo?

you crazy english and your delusions

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I bet you don't think Canada landed on the moon in 1969, either, do you?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    i frequently wish they won waterloo too

• Options

what do you mean?

they did win waterloo?

you crazy english and your delusions

eautoilette as it is called

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I bet you don't think Canada landed on the moon in 1969, either, do you?

i wish this was true so badly

canadian flag flying on moon

maple syrup in space

canada just rubbing everybodys face in it

HA GET FUCKED

C A N A D A B O Y S

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    DK stream me whooping you in smash and Mario tennis

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    the French have some really weird hang ups about Waterloo.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Also all those animals are endangered... Looks like I have to save the animals

So I can eat the animals

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    wow
    The most colorful and amusing of employees, the most dedicated shuckers, and taffy at the end of a sea-feast? Can't be beat. This is the kind of clam bar you can visit and truly feel proud when the server congratulates you on what a good job you've done consuming the deliciousness.

Thanks to King, raw clams have usurped standard oyster fare as my favored half-shell; perhaps they could do the same for you! And lest you be confused, dear diner, the smoking herb from the kitchen is not in fact sage; I'll leave it to you to discover the truth.

Without a doubt, these folks have finest mac and cheese ever tasted by (wo)(trans)man -- perfectly crispy breadcrumby awesomeness atop a lobster-filled fontina cheese casserole of pure orgasm. It's certainly not to be missed.

In closing, five stars, 9/11 was an inside job, Ron Paul forever, patronize your local establishments.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I mean, if you look at the whole library of N64 games, that library is kinda garbage. There are some great games but a whole lot of garbage and really the PS1 kinda kicked it's ass.

At the time for sure. But taking a historical view, I think the N64 was pretty underrated. Its big games ended up being super influential and are largely still playable today. The PS1 had a ton of games that were popular in the 90s but most of them aren't super playable in 2015. I'd argue it has fewer standouts that are still fun in their original form than the N64 does, despite the huge advantage of library size.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    DK stream me whooping you in smash and Mario tennis

You'd have to come over to my house and also those are gamecube games!

(also you're totally fucking going down in smash my pikachu will wipe the floor with your ass)

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Jesus Osborne's going to cut the budget by 40%

he's gotta be bluffing, right?

that's insane!

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

that's insane!

nope

because they are a bunch of fucking morons they ringfenced a bunch of departments from spending cuts

so the remaining departments get FUUUUUUCKKKEEEEEDDDD

its not 40% overall but its 25-40% for affected dep0rtments

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

that's insane!

nope

because they are a bunch of fucking morons they ringfenced a bunch of departments from spending cuts

the ravens are leaving the tower, aren't they?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

The PS1 had triple the number of garbage titles and shovelware. You don't remember them because they have faded away with time. Ninja and Blasto! and Army Men and such.

The N64 had 20 great games. The PS1 had 20 great games. The Saturn had … fewer than 20 great games.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

Napoleon being a wizard would explain some things.

Patton is famous for his whole, "I read your book, you bastard!" moment, but Napoleon just in Italy has like 3 of those moments in a row. The Austrians keep sending old generals against him, and he keeps going, "Oh, yeup, already studied all of this dude's campaigns back to the Seven Years War. I know what he likes to do... And what he likes to do... And what that guy likes to do."

It's not like the enemy opposing generals were just a bunch of weeny part-time aristocrats, plenty of them knew their business, but nobody else had anywhere near such an in-depth understanding of both military theory and practical soldiering. Napoleon will copy from Julius Caesar in one battle and then start employing strategies that had only been proposed theoretically in the next one.

Dude is just a complete military geek, he's non-stop.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

that's insane!

nope

the ravens are leaving the tower, aren't they?

they have a fetishistic desire to go into surplus

its quite l0l

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Did the Saturn have any great games? Nights into Dreams gets trotted out every once in a while but that game is hot garbage and everyone who likes it is delusional, probably due to acute sega saturn exposure.

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    PS1 had Spyro the Dragon, and Ripto's Rage, AND Spyro: Year of the Dragon AND Crash 3: Warped, so... yeah, it did just fine. 8-)

This discussion has been closed.