Options

Wet Hot American [TV] Thread

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    How was Bloodline?

Nothing I had seen of it looked particularly enticing, but hey, Kyle Chandler and Linda Cardellini are in it

Slow.

Super slow.

Molasses slow.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The Tooth Fairy just said Will Graham isn't very handsome and it may be the most evil thing he's done yet

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    In the deeeeep dark hills of eastern Kentucky
    That's the place where I trace my bloodliiiiiiiine
    And it's there that I read on an hillside gravestone
    That you'll never leave Harlan aliiiive...

https://youtu.be/cco-pCb0klU

Farewell, Justified.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Post-Hannibal interviews coming out
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/29/hannibal-finale-hugh-dancy-postmortem-interview

Hugh Dancy with EW highlights:
    Going off the cliff was Will realizing not only had what Hannibal said would happen all along happened at last, but that it was just as amazing as Hannibal said it was
    The last scene he and Mads filmed together ended with him gesturing to the orderly who then put the iconic mask on straightjacketed Hannibal
    His fav scene of the show was the season 2 finale kitchen scene
    He compared the cliff ending with Sherlock/Moriarty, and said ultimately nothing can kill Sherlock because he's more myth than mortal, and said Hannibal's become that way, so if this is the end and there's nothing left, he hopes they both live and are chilling together brostyle on a beach drinking something from a coconut or skull

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/hannibal-creator-i-wanted-to-be-sure-we-had-an-ending-for-the-story/single-page

Bryan Fuller with HitFix highlights:
    About halfway through the season is when he came up with the ending. Another case of ending a season like it's a series finale with it being able to pick right back up if it's not. Wanted to be sure they had an ending if it was the end, and able to continue it if it wasn't. Already ideas (or at least an idea) of how to continue it if season 4 or a feature happens. "In my mind the most interesting chapter of Will Graham's story has yet to be told"
    Once the decision of cancellation was made, he was at peace with it, Admitted they had a lot of privilege just being able to make it this far with their ratings. Acknowledged NBC bent over backwards to help it last as long as it did
    De Laurentiis looking at a feature film. Also says a miniseries could work considering how drastic of a restart where they wanted to go from here was, would love a feature film though as a full circle type thing (Hannibal started on the big screen, end Fuller's version of it on the big screen too)
    Admits the odds of a feature aren't in his favor, but says now it's on the audience. Ff they're able to do it, but the audience response seems mostly like "this is an ending we love", they won't go further; if they want it continued he'll try his best
    There were takes done of Will/Hannibal making out during the embrace, he decided that wasn't authentic to who they were and didn't put it in the last cut
    End with bedelia was a nod that perhaps hannibal lived, hence why Bedelia has the fork close to her hidden under the table: whatever and whoever comes, she's ready. He loved the interpretation some had that she was serving it as a gift/peace offering though (That's where the end of Siouxsie's song came from: "I will survive" was meant for Bedelia. you have my leg, but i have my fork, and if i'm going down i'm swinging)
    S&P didn't give him too hard a time over the lip biting scene, just asked him to cut it twice
    Acknowledges Alana had the only really happy ending in that she got the fuck out of dodge with her family when able and that they're going to be bodyguarded. also acknowledges "we're gonna do something horrible to [Chilton's actor] Raul Esparza every season and the hope is you really dig it", compared how he treats Chilton to how South Park treats Kenny
    Caroline came up with kaleidoscope lesbian sex scene
    "What can you do to a body to twist it and break it in such a manner that it resembles a smaller piece of the body?" then they came up with the heart which became the tarot card of heart with 3 swords WHICH THEN BECAME FRANKENSTAG *RUPAUL PLAYS*
    Only thing he wishes he could have done was show where Hannibal/Will go from here being murder husbands who live
    In his opinion Mads was the best hannibal (though not the most commercial)

• Options
    AAAAAAA HANNIBAL WHY DID YOU SHOW THE HORRIBLE THING FROM LAST WEEK AGAIN IN THE "PREVIOUSLY ON"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    How was Bloodline?

Nothing I had seen of it looked particularly enticing, but hey, Kyle Chandler and Linda Cardellini are in it

Slow.

Super slow.

Molasses slow.

that whole show basically dares you to care about it

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I, uh

I don't want Hannibal to come back in any form now

That ended perfectly

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Farewell, Justified.

Justified finale
    I love that that song plays one last time as Raylan is leaving Harlan, and in a great meta-moment he shoots dead the last real antagonist he had left, essentially flipping the bird at fate.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Hey yo just your friendly reminder that Nick Miller is the finest comedic man of all time

• Options
    Hey yo just your friendly reminder that Brad Williams is also an acceptable answer

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular

Farewell, Justified.

Justified finale
    I love that that song plays one last time as Raylan is leaving Harlan, and in a great meta-moment he shoots dead the last real antagonist he had left, essentially flipping the bird at fate.
    I was so scared in that moment. Like you said, the song's playing as he's driving away and then that chucklefuck shows up, and the whole time I'm thinking, "They wouldn't... would they?"

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Hannibal The Wrath of the Lamb
    I guess Isaac makes a cameo?
    What. What. That shotgun bit is amazing. Just, what. That took guts. I was going to say "oh, that's the shotgun" when I first saw the shotgun but the show then said, "oh you thought it was that shotgun? You're sadly mistaken."
    Go on, say it, "you saved people's lives." Yesss. I just love that bit.
    "suicide" "then he wasn't as strong as the Dragon after all" That is a nice picture of how Hannibal sees things. I think Will touching the window is the first time someone has touched the window at all. Hannibal's losing, which means he is going to do something dramatic.
    Oh ho ho! Wonderful! So we saw the 'death' of Dollarhyde through Reba's "eyes".
    This conversation between Jack and Will is so good, and all of Will's manipulations.
    I'm still wondering what is up with Bedelia.
    Everyone's telling everyone that they're going to use Hannibal as bait. Word's going to get out, and not in a good way.
    "I believe that's what they call, 'a mike drop'" lol Hannibal's clutching at straws, but so is Will.
    Dis is cool. Pew pew pew. (thinking about it, how the fuck is Dollarhyde that good of a shot? But whatever, so cool!)
    Miriam isn't dead. So Will's got that going for him.
    Very bromancy, what with the wining and dining.
    I guess that was the window breaking reference. Nicely done.
    Eww. gross. double gross! Triple gross! How many times can a knife be pulled out and stabbed into someone else who then pulls it out and stabs it into someone else.
    Awesome fight!
    Noice!

I dunno, I could be pretty happy with the series continuing. If that was the last shot of a long series, then it'd be great, but there's plenty left unsaid. But it's probably better to finish there.
    No idea what was going on with Bedelia. I guess she really loved Hannibal and prepared a long pig meal in the hopes that he'd show up? And his absence means that she is pondering suicide? Dunno.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Reading that post-finale interview
    I don't get how Will attacking Dollarhyde was any more of a turn than Will doing his other killings. I guess it's his 2nd direct kill, but I'd count all the others where he manipulates people into being hurt or hurting others as his kills too. The difference is that he's doing it with Hannibal, although I feel like they have collaborated before? Obviously not as directly.

I would totally have bought Will and Hannibal making out as authentic. But, it might have been a little over the top, they were all but making out as is, so it would have felt a little too blunt to actually have it happen. Maybe.

Ohh, she cut off her own leg and served it as a peace offering. And the fork is for defence.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Farewell, Justified.

Justified finale
    I was so scared in that moment. Like you said, the song's playing as he's driving away and then that chucklefuck shows up, and the whole time I'm thinking, "They wouldn't... would they?"
    I was in a mixture of awe (as it was a well-shot scene) and concern, it helped that my blu-ray player doesn't have a run-time display.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Catching up with Hannibal because I fell behind on the last few episodes

Ep 12 (minor) spoilers
    YO THAT SHIT IS GROSS AS HELL

• Options
    It didn't affect me much at first, but it grows on you.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Just finished episode 1 of Bojack Horseman.

That is really excellent. I am definitely going to watch more of this.

knitdan wrote: »
    Rick and Marty

1Qf6B25.gif

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Just caught 7 Days in Hell on the ol' HBOGo

Holy SHIT that was funny

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Hey yo just your friendly reminder that Nick Miller is the finest comedic man of all time
    Hey yo just your friendly reminder that Brad Williams is also an acceptable answer

It hurts me so much that Let's Be Cops turned out bad.

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Reading that post-finale interview
    Ohh, she cut off her own leg and served it as a peace offering. And the fork is for defence.
    Nah, he said he liked the interpretation that she cut off her own leg and served it as a peace offering. His ending was "season 4's happening, they both lived, they've got Bedelia, and when they come back to eat the dinner they've prepared she's ready to go down swinging". Which I like because it goes with everything else they've said (storyline-wise they've had their fill of her, Will's become like Hannibal, and Bedelia's a fighter to the end; reality-wise they didn't find out they were cancelled till after everything was filmed, nothing was added, they had an idea in mind for if the show ended and if it continued like they do every year)

• Options
    Hannibal Ending
    Wait, they filmed that ending not knowing that they were cancelled?

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Hannibal Ending
    Wait, they filmed that ending not knowing that they were cancelled?
    In the Fuller interview I posted, and another he did elsewhere, he mentioned everything was filmed. He didn't assume they were definitely getting picked up, and wanted to end it providing a satisfying ending if it wasn't picked up, but the cancellation news didn't come until months later (a month into the season airing). Nothing was changed or re-filmed post-cancellation news, and nothing could have been considering everybody was accepting offers by then, and Gillian was filming X-Files at the time. Midway through doing the season he came up with this as an ending.

Also here's tweets from a writer and Fuller about the ending

("her host")

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Someone tell me how the show ended

Note that I have not watched a single episode and have only seen the movies

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Someone tell me how the show ended

Note that I have not watched a single episode and have only seen the movies
    Dolarhyde fights Hannibal and Will, they team up and kill him, Will remarks that Hannibal was right (throughout the show he wanted Will to become a killer like him and that he would like it), they embrace and go off the cliffs together. Cut to Gillian Anderson sitting at a table that has seats waiting for both of them, with her cut off leg served as dinner (strongly implied not by her), and clutching a fork close to her ready to attack at least one

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Just started up ep5 of Bojack Horseman.

Aaaand wow, Diane's got some issues. Looking forward to this.

edit
    ahahahah Gary's a literal black sheep. That is so fucking dumb, why am I laughing at this

Goatmon on

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Just started up ep5 of Bojack Horseman.

Aaaand wow, Diane's got some issues. Looking forward to this.

edit
    ahahahah Gary's a literal black sheep. That is so fucking dumb, why am I laughing at this

There is something incredibly funny about the contrast between between the characters cynical worldviews and the constant silly animal jokes.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I also love the names some of the animal characters have.

V10C4Xp.png

broken image link
  • Options
    hahaha
    "Actually the D might be for David, because apparently while I was drunk I printed out a bunch of pictures of David Boreanas"

"....Yeaaaaah, you did that."

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Fuzzyface. Meow Meow Fuzzyface. Loose cannon or a cop with nothing to lose?

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    wl2kl6wkc4kv.png

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I am really, really surprised that they didn't know about the cancellation before the filming was already done. The season felt condensed, especially the first half, like they wanted to get these two story strands in without being able to let them breathe quite as much as they probably should.

e: ah, nevermind. "We never knew we were coming back. At the beginning of season 3, NBC was talking to me about new development, and that was a pretty big indicator to me that they weren't planning on picking up a season 4"

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    The season felt condensed because Fuller originally wanted to do the whole season in Europe (not just the first half)

The last episode was even moreso because they couldn't afford to do all they wanted and Armitage needed to film a movie so they didn't have time to do all they wanted either

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    On the cartoon subject.. Anyone else been watching We Bare Bears?

It's really good.

Yes it is. Ice Bear for best bear

• Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    Bojack is definitely growing on me the more I watch it. It reminds me a lot of Daria for some reason. If it wasn't for this thread I probably would have dropped it in the first 2-3 episodes too.

Its because Diane is like an adult Daria. She even dresses similarly

• Options

It hurts me so much that Let's Be Cops turned out bad.

Wait it did? I thought it was ok. Not amazing, but funny enough.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Jesus
    Rick Potion #9 sure was an episode of television

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm getting around to watching house season 8.

I'm getting the impression that Charlyne Yi is really really below the standard of acting usual to the series :/

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Continuing my Steven Universe watch

The gems trying to teach Steven how to fusion dance is adorable

OH MY GOODNESS NOPE, CONNIE AND STEVEN DANCING IS ADORABLE

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

that episode goes to some places, man

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

that episode goes to some places, man
    Yeah uh

Damn

That shit got real and way more adult than I was expecting

Also really really neat that
    They have Connie and Steven fuse into a nonbinary character whom everybody is way into even if that is kinda weird cause they're kids but no one knew that so whatever

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.