Options

Reggie Chats

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    it was a skater dress
    she said see you later dress

stop making things so complicated

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »

omfg I am raging now

Android Wear doesn't work with my Samsung smartwatch!

ffffffffffffffffffffff

Samsung pushing Tizen is the dumbest shit.

it's killing me.

Google Maps can talk through my watch for turn by turn directions... the capability exists.

But it only works in a moment or two between when my phone rings and when I answer. There's no setting to make it happen all the time.

It makes me so mad

this is like, evil

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Shivahn please make out your check to "descoberto fashion consultancy services, LLC."

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Who still uses physical media for pc games.

We are living in the future, Steam everything.

Some people have ass internet, getting it installed from the disc and patching is far better than downloading 2+ gigs worth of data over shitty internet then having your ISP bitch that you used 20 gigs of bandwidth this month.

People with lousy internet probably should've thought of that before being born in a country that's not Estonia or South Korea.

Got Verizon FiOS where you live or are you on TWC doing your 1.5 megs a second?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Samsung is just suicidal as far as I can tell.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Google and Apple worked out some stuff too, since Google is allowed to mention android in the app store with it, and they gained a lot of access to data through the bluetooth stack for their device.

Sadly, the level of interaction is still way below the Apple Watch (notifications are not interactive, 3rd party apps cannot push tot he watch from iOS, watch faces are only the ones curated by google and pushed to the iOS app, etc.) - but competition is good, and I bet over time they work out the kinks and make a richer product for iOS users as a result. Of course, WatchOS 2.0 is almost out, and that seriously improves on the Apple Watch in very meaningful ways.

In one quarter on the market Apple decimated the sales of every single Google / Android wearable since they came out. But the good news is, people now know it is a product that exists and competitors can now start pushing their products as "like the apple watch, but cheaper/more customizable" and get some traction they did not have before the watch existing.

This category is gonna blow up in the next year or so.

Also the different looks is important. I think Apple underestimated how much people would want choice in the watch design. I can see why Apple is holding back some parts to push people to their product, doesn't mean they should though. But it is a smart business move.

I am curious how the next gen of google watches will be. Some look really nice and I won't lie the google now card system is actually kind of genius. Especially since I started using it. Not on the version where it creeply stalks me but still it does a lot of neat things.

I think it is less apple holding back parts from google to make the product compelling, and more "we are not going to let you run a full app store that you curate inside our ecosystem" - which seems totally fair.

I still think 95% of all android wear watches are ugly - the moto 360 looks more like a manhole cover than a watch, etc... the upcoming urbane looks nice though.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elki wrote: »
    I say yes to the dress.

Well you're the boss

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    It ships about when my qualifying exams are so it will be a reward or consolation

Speaking of, toodles ;-;

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I've seen more bluetooth headsets than Apple Watches in the wild.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Hahaha! Best OKC message ever. I gotta look at this lady's profile later.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    zizek is the ultimate all-inclusive nose police! his emphasis seems on nose, but his diarrea is also his nose.

- Youtube Nose Wisdoms.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Who still uses physical media for pc games.

We are living in the future, Steam everything.

Some people have ass internet, getting it installed from the disc and patching is far better than downloading 2+ gigs worth of data over shitty internet then having your ISP bitch that you used 20 gigs of bandwidth this month.

People with lousy internet probably should've thought of that before being born in a country that's not Estonia or South Korea.

Got Verizon FiOS where you live or are you on TWC doing your 1.5 megs a second?

I'm on TWC. I get better than 1.5 megs, it's usually about 4 megs in theory and 3 in practice.
    Tav wrote: »

I've never even seen an Apple Watch yet. I'm aware they exist, I've seen pictures, but I'm not convinced they've actually been built in real life yet.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I kind of want to buy that Tali dress.

which

http://www.biowarestore.com/tali-pattern-skater-dress.html

how did I not know about this store

god why

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

My son likes wearing my apple watch. It is a great distractor at a restaurant. He likes the Mickey face.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2015

Right. Because bluetooth headsets are made by dozens of manufacturers and have existed for a decade or more, and the apple watch has only been around for a few months and has only sold ~4 million units.

The only company making any kind of wearable who sold more than apple last quarter was fitbit. Everyone else was a distant, distant 3rd place.

And if Apple is smart, they will push the watch hard alongside the upcoming iPhone 6s/6s plus launch.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    someone on my newsfeed asking why white people aren't allowed say the n-word while black people are

hahaha oh lord

• Options

Right. Because bluetooth headsets are made by dozens of manufacturers and have existed for a decade or more, and the apple watch has only been around for a few months and has only sold ~4 million units.

The only company making any kind of wearable who sold more than apple last quarter was fitbit. Everyone else was a distant, distant 3rd place.

And if Apple is smart, they will push the watch hard alongside the upcoming iPhone 6s/6s plus launch.

bluetooth headsets are a running joke at this stage, i've only seen like three of them

mang you are too defensive

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I have seen a few apple watches. The government head of my group has one. It flashing on and off as he moves around talking distracts me.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    someone on my newsfeed asking why white people aren't allowed say the n-word while black people are

hahaha oh lord

I didn't realize that was even a thing in your neck of the woods.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

share pls

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

share pls

Nosy shark

• Options

bluetooth headsets are a running joke at this stage, i've only seen like three of them

plantronics and jawbone still make really good professional ones. They are useful in an office context.

People walking around with them or driving with them do look rather silly though, yeah.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

hahaha oh lord

I didn't realize that was even a thing in your neck of the woods.

it's not! That's why I'm surprised

she's commenting on an article about hulk hogan so uh, that's probably a decent indicator of the level of discourse

• Options
    Actually, that leads to another question.

Are wearables like fitbits and nike fuelbands and such popular in your neck of the woods, Tav?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

hahaha oh lord

Can you just link them directly to the Ken Burns 12 Hour Civil War pbs special?

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Preparing for Shipment
    Delivery estimate: Monday, January 2, 2017 by 8:00pm

I don't think that's how it works Amazon.

• Options

Are wearables like fitbits and nike fuelbands and such popular in your neck of the woods, Tav?

i've seen a few fitbits about the place

wearables in general are pretty rare tho

like, even regular watches are p unpopular now

i'm surprised this is a market companies are trying to push

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

plantronics and jawbone still make really good professional ones. They are useful in an office context.

People walking around with them or driving with them do look rather silly though, yeah.

fk u

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular

share pls

Nosy shark

Shark just wants a taste. A love bite.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Months in, I still don't really like my apple watch. It's still not as good at being a watch as a watch. At the movies the screen turns on a lot and annoys people. While driving the screen turns on randomly, but refuses to turn on when I look at it. In bed on my back the glance detection also fails to work. Sending messages works maybe 50% of the time. It's crashed a few times. Siri continues to say that handoff needs to be on for stuff to work right but handoff is most assuredly on. It needs to be charged every single night. The stand detection and exercise detection don't work as well as they should. Step counter works ok.

But its shortcomings are more amusing than irritating really and it looks and feels nice, so I continue to wear it.

Easily the least essential gadget of the decade.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    My word though that goddamn game better be here tommorow.

• Options

because its rad when it works and is a better experience for getting quick hits of information than the phone, even understanding the limitations of early generation products.

It's seriously only going to get better over time, and there will be some kind of tipping point where these things, while not becoming more ubiquitous than phones, grabs a very respectable slice of the population.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Preparing for Shipment
    Delivery estimate: Monday, January 2, 2017 by 8:00pm

I don't think that's how it works Amazon.

One packing peanut a day.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Urk. Final episodes of Gurren Lagann. Nah this ain't crying, this is MANLY SPIRIT.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

i've been saying this since they became a thing

watches are jewelry

they're trying to shoehorn something people consider a necessity (mobile device) into a luxury space

there are three hurdles - differentiating the wearable from the functionality of their mobile

appealing to people wear watches

and convincing people who don't to start doing so

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I kind of want to buy that Tali dress.

which

http://www.biowarestore.com/tali-pattern-skater-dress.html

how did I not know about this store

god why

Note to self: also tag SiG who is known as a big ME fan the next time I batsignal people about ME skater dresses

Soon I will be the leading tastemaker of chat fashion

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

because its rad when it works and is a better experience for getting quick hits of information than the phone, even understanding the limitations of early generation products.

It's seriously only going to get better over time, and there will be some kind of tipping point where these things, while not becoming more ubiquitous than phones, grabs a very respectable slice of the population.

Whatever gets us closer to omni-tools.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

share pls

I forgot about this since I created the account long ago, but it looks like I added middle eastern next to black under ethnicity. My mother is an Arab, but my complexion took my father's darker tone. If it's one field, I'll usually just go with 'black' so people don't feel the need to ask followup questions. I got an angry message from a lady (white, if you must know) because of false advertising. Black and middle eastern aren't mutually exclusive anyways, but it's not like I'm gonna seriously respond to that message.

Maybe she was doing an ethnicity specific search for middle easterners, and found she got results she didn't want? I don't do ethnicity searches, and I don't really look for that under the details. I check out their religion, smoking status, and body type.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Months in, I still don't really like my apple watch. It's still not as good at being a watch as a watch. At the movies the screen turns on a lot and annoys people. While driving the screen turns on randomly, but refuses to turn on when I look at it. In bed on my back the glance detection also fails to work. Sending messages works maybe 50% of the time. It's crashed a few times. Siri continues to say that handoff needs to be on for stuff to work right but handoff is most assuredly on. It needs to be charged every single night. The stand detection and exercise detection don't work as well as they should. Step counter works ok.

But its shortcomings are more amusing than irritating really and it looks and feels nice, so I continue to wear it.

Easily the least essential gadget of the decade.

some of these issues sound like there is a problem with your bluetooth, either on the phone or the watch.

50% fail rate on messages is completely unacceptable and I would have straight up given up on it if that were the case. Messages is one of the most used things on my watch.

SW-4158-3990-6116
This discussion has been closed.