As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reggie Chats

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Aside from a toga and a lantern, what are some dead giveaways that a person is most assuredly s philosopher?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Actually, that leads to another question.

Are wearables like fitbits and nike fuelbands and such popular in your neck of the woods, Tav?

i've seen a few fitbits about the place

wearables in general are pretty rare tho

like, even regular watches are p unpopular now

i'm surprised this is a market companies are trying to push

i've been saying this since they became a thing

watches are jewelry

they're trying to shoehorn something people consider a necessity (mobile device) into a luxury space

there are three hurdles - differentiating the wearable from the functionality of their mobile

appealing to people wear watches

and convincing people who don't to start doing so

yup, i agree with this p hard

i know very few people who actually wear watches, let alone would be willing to shell out several hundred euro for a watch that isn't very good at being a watch when they could get an actual luxury watch

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Aside from a toga and a lantern, what are some dead giveaways that a person is most assuredly s philosopher?

Do they touch their chin when they are thinking?

Are they velociraptors?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

unemployment

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Water dripping off them.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Urk. Final episodes of Gurren Lagann. Nah this ain't crying, this is MANLY SPIRIT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWgNW-LUCq4

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Aside from a toga and a lantern, what are some dead giveaways that a person is most assuredly is la li lu le lo?

I see the MGS hype is in you as well

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

unemployment

shots fired @LoserForHireX

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I need to draw a skeleton philosopher for a thing, ya see.

• Options
    (I have a computer science degree and I'm still unemployed so I'm willing to put a YMMV on that post)

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    The pebble is p great at being a watch...

Screen always on,

Customise the information displayed (mine is usually time and date in big friendly letters),

Also vibrates and shows me my texts.

The ur-smartwatch. Everything you need, nothing you don't.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Row,

row.

Fight

The power.

• Options
    that just reminded me that i have an interview tomorrow and my body went into panic mode

again

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    @Blameless Cleric I just saw the Tresspasser DLC trailer. Angry inquistor-sama ~_~
    oh myyyyyyyy

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I need to draw a skeleton philosopher for a thing, ya see.
    Draw a skeleton working at the local Baskin Robbins, holding a liberal arts degree? :D I've got nothin'.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Carrying a plucked chicken and masturbating in public

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    guys someone asked me if i wanted to play d&d

and i've never done that before

but like, it's gotta be pretty close to just practicing mormonism right

like i'm not coming to this thing with zero experience right

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Feral wrote: »

Carrying a plucked chicken and masturbating in public

smearing feces all over their body in the town square

losing your virginity to a prostitute and getting syphilis

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Months in, I still don't really like my apple watch. It's still not as good at being a watch as a watch. At the movies the screen turns on a lot and annoys people. While driving the screen turns on randomly, but refuses to turn on when I look at it. In bed on my back the glance detection also fails to work. Sending messages works maybe 50% of the time. It's crashed a few times. Siri continues to say that handoff needs to be on for stuff to work right but handoff is most assuredly on. It needs to be charged every single night. The stand detection and exercise detection don't work as well as they should. Step counter works ok.

But its shortcomings are more amusing than irritating really and it looks and feels nice, so I continue to wear it.

Easily the least essential gadget of the decade.

some of these issues sound like there is a problem with your bluetooth, either on the phone or the watch.

50% fail rate on messages is completely unacceptable and I would have straight up given up on it if that were the case. Messages is one of the most used things on my watch.

I don't think any of my hardware is broken. Notifications always work, voice calls always work. Handoff doesn't work, some apps randomly fail to load, and messages tends to hang a lot, especially when the watch is unsure who too send the message to. I think there's some software bug I've been hit by and I just don't care enough to wipe out everything and fix it.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Philosophers tend to be known for luscious facial hair

Also mad rhymes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N_RO-jL-90

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    Row,

row.

Fight

The power.

The part where the piano started up? OOOF. :cry:

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

It is WAY more fun than Mormonism. You should do it! Pen and paper RPGs are a ton of fun, especially with a good GM.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I dunno when I played there was a lot more alcohol

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Months in, I still don't really like my apple watch. It's still not as good at being a watch as a watch. At the movies the screen turns on a lot and annoys people. While driving the screen turns on randomly, but refuses to turn on when I look at it. In bed on my back the glance detection also fails to work. Sending messages works maybe 50% of the time. It's crashed a few times. Siri continues to say that handoff needs to be on for stuff to work right but handoff is most assuredly on. It needs to be charged every single night. The stand detection and exercise detection don't work as well as they should. Step counter works ok.

But its shortcomings are more amusing than irritating really and it looks and feels nice, so I continue to wear it.

Easily the least essential gadget of the decade.

some of these issues sound like there is a problem with your bluetooth, either on the phone or the watch.

50% fail rate on messages is completely unacceptable and I would have straight up given up on it if that were the case. Messages is one of the most used things on my watch.

I don't think any of my hardware is broken. Notifications always work, voice calls always work. Handoff doesn't work, some apps randomly fail to load, and messages tends to hang a lot, especially when the watch is unsure who too send the message to. I think there's some software bug I've been hit by and I just don't care enough to wipe out everything and fix it.

Apps failing to load is something I stopped experiencing once I got 1.0.1, then started experiencing in spades once I got on the beta track.

That said, where the beta is right now is better than the watch has ever been regarding app stability, and running 3rd party apps native is going to be a night and day difference.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Dammit!
    We saved Fereldan and they're angry!
    We save Orlais and .. they're angry!
    We close the breach TWICE and my own hand wants to kill me!
    Can one thing in this fucking world just stay fixed?!

(Europe replaced Fucking with Bloody LOL Edit: Or there is a Mature and Family friendly version. No idea.)

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    I see Deus Ex is perpetuating the tradition of preorder exclusive missions. Cool, that's cool.

It's not like any of that stuff has ever been good, though.

The original DXHR had a preorder mission that was actually pretty good.

Thankfully it and all the other stuff we're bundled into a like $3 DLC not too long after launch.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

losing your virginity to a prostitute and getting syphilis

how else, apart from say... a world war, would my late-era self repudiate everything early-era self wrote tho

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

"It depends on what you mean by..."

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    If you're spam-clicking you're playing Diablo wrong.

I move to a spot and hold down my RMB. Then I collect loot and move to a new spot.

my gear aint good enough to do that in torment 10 :(

much kiting is necessary

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    P&P RPGs are the best I love them so much

IRC versions are even better they give me hobby projects

• Options
    President Barack Obama is hitting the trail again, but this time, it's got nothing to do with a campaign.

NBC and Electus announced on Monday that the president will appear on survival expert Bear Grylls' "Running Wild" later this year, in a special episode that will feature the pair trekking in Alaska.

unrelated

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

Burn it all to the ground.

Kickstarter has infected AAA.

yeah fuck it I can live without the new Deus Ex

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    My seasonal WD is so fragile at the moment, I had a hot start with drops but kinda stuck now, no set pieces dropping all day. I can hang damage wise in t6 just fine but all of my build requires me to be right up in the mix and if things go wrong I just go poof.

Basically running Wormwood+acid cloud+haunt+piranhas+Maximus demon+ 4set haunt + 2 set spider.
    The sheer amount of numbers I produce is scary.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i'm pissed

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

unemployment

#rekt

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    yeah fuck it I can live without the new Deus Ex

I can't! I love Deus Ex!

• Options
    edited August 2015
    I love deus ex too

I'll buy the new one a year later on steam sale for $20