Options

A very silly thread about how you would survive the zombie apocalypse

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    It would be pretty cool if it turned into the skeleton apocalypse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h03QBNVwX8Q

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Skeletons would be a lot easier to deal with, wouldn't be able to shoot them..maybe shotgun might do something, but I imagine there being a run on road paving companies and their asphalt roller compactors.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Don't skeletons not really hold together once all the juicy bits are removed?

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Don't skeletons not really hold together once all the juicy bits are removed?

A wizard did it.

• Options
    Leather straps and iron screws, as is the way of the dustmen.

• Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Them dusties are some crazy berks.

• Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    Can I pull a Shaun of the Dead and rely on the overall combined incompetence of my band of merry fools?

Because I wouldn't mind a Pet-Zombie-In-The-Shed-Out-Back.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Priest wrote: »
    Can I pull a Shaun of the Dead and rely on the overall combined incompetence of my band of merry fools?

You must have missed the part where everyone but two of those fools got eaten.

• Options
    Kadoken wrote: »
    http://www.knoe.com/home/headlines/Brain-eating-amoeba-found-in-N-Monroe-water-system-323802271.html?device=phone&c=y

So they apparently found brain eating amoeba.

Let's see how the week goes to see if it will relate greatly to this thread.

Edit: I am living near this city

You wanna talk about zombies.

You should be scared of what would happen if the Cordyceps Fungus makes the jump over to humanity

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    White guy with a samurai sword over here.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    My ridiculous zombie survival plan requires my best friend also surviving the outbreak.

So if we start there, Zombie.

I keep a six man tent, tarp, sleeping bag, hiking pack, machete, and butcher knife in my trunk. I like camping. In the console of my SUV is two Garber multitools, two hemostats, two shears, a scalpel, and one of those compass on a string gadgets. The medical equipment is just from my pockets after work and I'm too lazy to take them back in. I also have two small tool sets in the glove box. Two gas cans at my disposal.

We own a gun. I know how to safely operate it. I am not a good shot. It is a smaller pistol. Gathering my Cincinnati family would take a couple hours. Three families living less than a five minute drive from each other. We have five cars between five adults. Two small children, an older woman, four 30 or younger adults.

So we get together all alive. Fill up on gas without dying to zombies or lawlessness. We drive an hour and a half to a family farm in a rural part of Ohio(which part isn't!). There are six buildings within less than 1000m of each other. A creek, fertile soil. And horses.

My best friend is an Army Ranger. He is the alpha. I would follow his lead from there in a lawless world.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    If you are gonna use tents at least get one of those mountaineering tents that you could hang from a tree or something so you could sleep without worry of wandering zombos

• Options
    I wouldn't be sleeping in a tent. I'm just giving a sample of what I have at my disposal if I'm in my vehicle. If I made it to the farm, there are six buildings on the land to fortify and sleep in.

• Options
    you could always get the tent and your transportation in one package if you find a Pontiac Aztec

• Options
    Or my old S-10.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Priest wrote: »

You must have missed the part where everyone but two of those fools got eaten.

That's why I said my band of Merry Fools. I get to live :)

See you at the Winchester.

Priest on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    What happens to all these plans and survivalist techniques if it turns out zombies can't be killed? You shoot a zombie in the head, it gets back up with a hole in its head.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    What happens to all these plans and survivalist techniques if it turns out zombies can't be killed? You shoot a zombie in the head, it gets back up with a hole in its head.

Well, unless the Zombie is part Zerg, and the aspirated brain tissue begins to mutate into another living Zombie, I would assume that completely physical destruction would suffice.

In Canada, this is known as a Wood Chipper.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Knee shots and dismemberment.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Kadoken wrote: »
    http://www.knoe.com/home/headlines/Brain-eating-amoeba-found-in-N-Monroe-water-system-323802271.html?device=phone&c=y

So they apparently found brain eating amoeba.

Let's see how the week goes to see if it will relate greatly to this thread.

Edit: I am living near this city

You wanna talk about zombies.

You should be scared of what would happen if the Cordyceps Fungus makes the jump over to humanity

You should play The Last Of Us.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    The Department of Health and Hospitals says the water is safe to drink. Officials have said it's only a danger if it gets high up in the nose, where openings for the olfactory nerve can let it invade the brain.

...This would not really be assuring to me. :|

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The Ender wrote: »
    The Department of Health and Hospitals says the water is safe to drink. Officials have said it's only a danger if it gets high up in the nose, where openings for the olfactory nerve can let it invade the brain.

...This would not really be assuring to me. :|

Boil the fuck outta that water. Brain amoebas are far worse than just having the shits.

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I don't really get shoving things deep into your sinuses without medical supervision.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I don't really get shoving things deep into your sinuses without medical supervision.

You've never had sinuses so congested you were literally struggling to breathe, then?

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    For the record, disabling zombies is a very valid tactic even in my "hopeless" scenario.

No eyes, no vision. They're not invulnerable, just relentless.

I'm surprised nobody from the big cities has mentioned attempting the tactic of smelling and looking like a zombie by using dead meat to get out of the city. Although maybe @Liiya would rather die, I dunno.

Late to respond to this, but I think morals aren't so high as to not do this!

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Dis' wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    These are my guilty pleasure, yesss.

I'm in the UK, I've never seen a real gun let alone know how to find or fire one. I live in a densely packed city centre, I have no combat skills, no means of transport, I'm short and skinny, no skills in mechanics or crop growing. I'd be screwed. My only slight advantage is that I'm fast and okay at climbing things because of my size, and I've been working at a camping supplies shop over summer with access to useful stuff. I guess I'd aim to head to a Wales and find a place in the countryside I could defend, but yeah, I'm screwed!

Due to the number of islands about the UK there are a lot of places where a reasonable refuge could be set up. The Isle of Man, the Orkneys, and the Shetlands all have arable land, fishing fleets, local power generation, and populations small enough to make destroying all the zombies there feasible if hard. I'm about 10 minutes away from a boat to the Shetlands myself and it'd be my primary goal. The labour shortage would be sufficient that everyone who makes it to those locations alive would be useful.

I'd try and make it to Anglesey if I were you Liiya - if someone had the forethought to blow up the bridges the currents in the Menai strait would tear the zombies apart. The highlands in Wales are pretty heavy going and near to any zombie hordes out of Birmingham.

Oh yeah - I'm so close (well sort of) to there! That is true I forget about how dense Birmingham is for Wales, I don't have a car but I could steal my housemate's bike and cycle my way there to Anglesey, sorry housemate every man for himself.

• Options
    Liiya stone cold, yo.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Is it stealing if the person you're taking it from is dead?

...Except for grave robbing. That's stealing.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    My ridiculous zombie survival plan requires my best friend also surviving the outbreak.

So if we start there, Zombie.

I keep a six man tent, tarp, sleeping bag, hiking pack, machete, and butcher knife in my trunk. I like camping. In the console of my SUV is two Garber multitools, two hemostats, two shears, a scalpel, and one of those compass on a string gadgets. The medical equipment is just from my pockets after work and I'm too lazy to take them back in. I also have two small tool sets in the glove box. Two gas cans at my disposal.

We own a gun. I know how to safely operate it. I am not a good shot. It is a smaller pistol. Gathering my Cincinnati family would take a couple hours. Three families living less than a five minute drive from each other. We have five cars between five adults. Two small children, an older woman, four 30 or younger adults.

So we get together all alive. Fill up on gas without dying to zombies or lawlessness. We drive an hour and a half to a family farm in a rural part of Ohio(which part isn't!). There are six buildings within less than 1000m of each other. A creek, fertile soil. And horses.

My best friend is an Army Ranger. He is the alpha. I would follow his lead from there in a lawless world.

Hey, Cincinnati!

Make sure you let me know, should the zombie apocalypse occur. I have two cats and no survival skills to speak of, but I do bring IT systems administration to the table!

• Options
    Is it stealing if the person you're taking it from is dead?

...Except for grave robbing. That's stealing.

Given a sufficiently-desperate situation, all theft falls under the "loaf of bread/starving family" clause.

*rings bicycle bell cheerily*

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I currently live in Texas, and I frequently wonder how trivial the zombie apocalypse would be here.

Everyone has guns, everyone has cars, fuel and refineries are abundant, farms are everywhere.

Even in West Texas, where resources are harder to come by, you'll be aided by the dry heat desiccating those bastards out in a quick hurry.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    I currently live in Texas, and I frequently wonder how trivial the zombie apocalypse would be here.

Everyone has guns, everyone has cars, fuel and refineries are abundant, farms are everywhere.

Even in West Texas, where resources are harder to come by, you'll be aided by the dry heat desiccating those bastards out in a quick hurry.

What part of Texas? I'm in the west, and Abilene is pretty sizable for a west Texas city, but not so dense that I think I would actually have serious problems with the hordes.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I live in northwest Dallas, near DFW

• Options
    Well shit

Today I learned that there's a bunch of awesome forumers real close by

• Options

You've never had sinuses so congested you were literally struggling to breathe, then?

I have.

Still wouldn't shove shit up in there. That's what medically trained doctors using actual medical shit is for, plus if they fuck up..free money!

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Honestly, I don't think the zombie apocalypse would even get a good start, assuming that the bite is what infects people and not some air born virus or something we are already infected with, TWD style. Between the American Gun Nuts, especially in the South and Mid West, the gangs in the cities, and how much movies has "trained" us to deal with zombies, I'd say we'd be able to stop the outbreak before it got too far out of hand. Maybe not in time to keep the government alive and well, but it's time for a change anyhow. #KayneWest2020

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

I struggle to breathe without congested sinuses.

• Options
    Allergies would be the bane of my existence in the zombie apocalypse.

No consistent Allegra or Claritin, I'd just be shuffling through town attracting every known walker to my immediate location with the constant disgusting breathing sounds.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Allergies would be the bane of my existence in the zombie apocalypse.

No consistent Allegra or Claritin, I'd just be shuffling through town attracting every known walker to my immediate location with the constant disgusting breathing sounds.

Those aren't things people usually target in large quantities during raids on pharmacies and hospitals.

You could probably stop by a corner pharmacy like walgreens or rite aid and get a few years worth in minutes.

Either way, benadryl and sudafed should be servicable too, and those are much easier to get your hands on.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    All my pharmacies are located in really populated areas, and far away from where I'd be holing up. Sudafed would be okay, but benadryl makes me super drowsy, which would be a super bad idea most of the time.