As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa: Proxy says, "See ya next year!"

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Reverse stalk successful!

Thanks hugely @Schide for the wonderful goodies.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Reverse stalk successful!

Thanks hugely @Schide for the wonderful goodies.

You're welcome @Jam Warrior !

Did the reverse stalking have anything to do with something else that came in the mail?

• Options
    Nope, just googled your awesome real name (I had assumed it was a pseudonym at first!) and your twitter with the same username as here came up as the third result.

Are you saying there's more? There can't be more!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    UPS decided that, instead of delivering to our ground floor office they would leave the package in the hallway of my building. Had my husband run home and grab it so Christmas is saved. One box is sitting on my table but I don't get home for about 8 hours. Anticipa ....... tion

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Yay @UnbreakableVow ! Who would have ever guessed the post office could be wrong?! I hope you liked it all, happy holidays!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
      Nope, just googled your awesome real name (I had assumed it was a pseudonym at first!) and your twitter with the same username as here came up as the third result.

Are you saying there's more? There can't be more!

There is what we will call a card coming.

• Options
      KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
      Santa!

I'm going to rush home from work today and try to get to my apt office and pick up your package before they close.

Otherwise I'll get it first thing Saturday morning.

• Options
      see317see317 Registered User regular
      I may just not be seeing it, but is there a link to this years gift wall any where?

• Options
      BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
      There is a link to it on the first comment/page.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
      ― John Quincy Adams
    • Options
      DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
      see317 wrote: »
      I may just not be seeing it, but is there a link to this years gift wall any where?
      Bloodycow wrote: »
      There is a link to it on the first comment/page.

This may be true, but it looks out of date. I am showing neither the gift I gave, or received. Ah, the endless keep up to date ness of things. :rotate:

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    • Options
      HounHoun Registered User regular
      Sweet Baby Christmas, it's a...

GiftGet4b_zpsb34314b9.gif

Not but 15 minutes after I get home from the longest work day ever, my Friendly Neighborhood Postman comes a-knockin' with a package for me!
      rabks9yqb8s6.jpg
      Dinklebot's on Address-Hidin' duty.
      tt4cb0sz0jqx.jpg
      A secret missive!
      c2jg003l6su7.jpg
      Ok, this picture was crap, let me attempt to translate:
      *Hic* Well, hey there Houn.

Ol' Santa's got sun'fin fer ya. C'mon an' sit on down...

Yer first item is mint, but *borp* well, l'il bastard jest don't fit right in the box... So, I moved his container a bit. To avoid destroyin' the lil fella. Saw you liked his show on that "Netflix" thing. *Hic*

The Second item, well, I don't rightly know how those blasted magnets work. But Damn! if they ain't cool.

Your third gift... Well, I think Boardgames are finer than a mint julep! *Hic*

And I'm told your last item will help you to fin' yer "Destiny"...

Merry Christmas,

From...

Mighty
      akd5pbcurj72.jpg
      Oh no, poor Flash! This can only be the work of Zoom, er, Santa!
      zzg6xdtp8chq.jpg
      Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty? I have no idea what this is, but there's no way that mixing "magnets" and "putty" can not be awesome!
      tlyyzg4enrqo.jpg
      A Destiny Keychain! Dinklebot will be pleased...
      pj2b2uybbihd.jpg
      Ticket to Ride? Awesome! I've never had the chance to play it, but I've heard great things!
      8xe6v56jng5m.jpg
      THE FULL HAUL, IN ALL IT'S FESTIVE GLORY

Combined with the digital cornucopia from before, this is beyond generous. I am absolutely blown away; this is the perfect cap to what's been a very long and stressful week, and I can't thank you enough, Santa @Mighty!

• Options
      ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
      Went to an office dinner this evening. Upon my return Santa had struck again. That was quick!

GiftGet4_zps134af019.gif
      Part 2

Turns out I wasn't that far off in my original writeup.
      dd4uH7k.jpg
      HURRAY!
      Remember how I kept talking about the promise of swift death in my original post? Welp ... <3

Santa revealed! I had the ever-wonderful @Farangu for my generous overlord, and I sincerely had a blast. I often feel like I'm not the easiest to buy for, and I try to rattle off a bunch of things because of that, but I really do feel like you just nailed it. Sir, I wish you the happiest of holidays and shall add you to my list of "people I want to gift back." ;P

• Options
      FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
      Yay I'm on lists!

I'm super glad that you like all the things I grabbed for you, and hope you enjoy all of them! Just the one note I tell people: Keep Talking & No-one Explodes can very easily turn into breakup fuel. Forewarned is forearmed.

• Options
      RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
      Houn wrote: »
      Sweet Baby Christmas, it's a...

Not but 15 minutes after I get home from the longest work day ever, my Friendly Neighborhood Postman comes a-knockin' with a package for me!
      rabks9yqb8s6.jpg
      Dinklebot's on Address-Hidin' duty.
      tt4cb0sz0jqx.jpg
      A secret missive!
      c2jg003l6su7.jpg
      Ok, this picture was crap, let me attempt to translate:
      *Hic* Well, hey there Houn.

Ol' Santa's got sun'fin fer ya. C'mon an' sit on down...

Yer first item is mint, but *borp* well, l'il bastard jest don't fit right in the box... So, I moved his container a bit. To avoid destroyin' the lil fella. Saw you liked his show on that "Netflix" thing. *Hic*

The Second item, well, I don't rightly know how those blasted magnets work. But Damn! if they ain't cool.

Your third gift... Well, I think Boardgames are finer than a mint julep! *Hic*

And I'm told your last item will help you to fin' yer "Destiny"...

Merry Christmas,

From...

Mighty
      akd5pbcurj72.jpg
      Oh no, poor Flash! This can only be the work of Zoom, er, Santa!
      zzg6xdtp8chq.jpg
      Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty? I have no idea what this is, but there's no way that mixing "magnets" and "putty" can not be awesome!
      tlyyzg4enrqo.jpg
      A Destiny Keychain! Dinklebot will be pleased...
      pj2b2uybbihd.jpg
      Ticket to Ride? Awesome! I've never had the chance to play it, but I've heard great things!
      8xe6v56jng5m.jpg
      THE FULL HAUL, IN ALL IT'S FESTIVE GLORY

Combined with the digital cornucopia from before, this is beyond generous. I am absolutely blown away; this is the perfect cap to what's been a very long and stressful week, and I can't thank you enough, Santa @Mighty!

Oh man! That ghost! I'm so jealous! Did you get one from Etsy? I've been looking at maybe making one, and we have a 3d printer at work, but not sure I could convince them to let me use it.

PSN: jfrofl
    • Options
      shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
      My package to my santee was delivered a day early. What fun!

• Options
      Radiation wrote: »
      Oh man! That ghost! I'm so jealous! Did you get one from Etsy? I've been looking at maybe making one, and we have a 3d printer at work, but not sure I could convince them to let me use it.

That's the one from the Legendary Edition of Destiny. Managed to pre-order it on Amazon mere moments before they sold out.

• Options
      MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
      Clearly my Santa's shadow isn't waning that much, because the package slated to arrive on Friday is here now. And so...

Y2JSF.gif

...Gift Get the hell outta here Waluigi. WONDER FORCE, ASSEMBLE!
      2pJdsAHl.jpg

Joining me in protecting my package from the dastardly Waluigi is Shulk Inkling, Girl Inkling, Boy Inkling, Inkling Inkling, and Abomination Inkling. Shulk Inkling is especially necessary for he possesses the Monado to open my package!

...Okay that's not working. The bad joke or the sword? Both. Trusty Poke Pen, go! Tear through the iron bonds of fate tape and reveal the treasures within!

It's...it's...
      xt0aZVdl.jpg

AN AIR PILLOW! Thanks Santa!

...What do you mean the gifts are under it? YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE?
      tp2yp5jl.jpg?1

A missive, cookies, and THE AIR PILLOW!

There are multiple pages to this letter, so here we go.
      HpsY0o6l.jpg?1
      Dear Madican,

I definitely had some trouble deciding what to get you but your interest in Urban Fantasy really piqued my interest. As a result, I'm going to gift you with some wonderful reading material in that genre that I've really liked which hopefully you don't own. However, if you do happen to own them, Amazon is amazing and lets you just exchange the gifted ebook for a gift card. Then you can just buy a different one. Win win! If you have any trouble with the codes printed here, just drop me an email at REDACTED and I can send you the codes. You can redeem them at REDACTED.

Now, to the heart of the matter. The first book I've chosen is by Jacqueline Carey. She is an amazing author with a wide range of novels. If you like this one, I'd highly suggest checking out her other works. Some do look odd and, well, full of sex, but to be fair the books are amazingly well written and totally not bodice rippers, I swear! This series, Agent of Hel, follows a single character and is currently 3 books."

AMAZON BACK COVER SUMMARY
      The Midwestern resort town of Pemkowet boasts a diverse population: eccentric locals, wealthy summer people, and tourists by the busload—not to mention fairies, sprites, vampires, naiads, ogres, and a whole host of eldritch folk, presided over by Hel, a reclusive Norse goddess.

To Daisy Johanssen, fathered by an incubus and raised by a single mother, it’s home. And as Hel’s enforcer and the designated liaison to the Pemkowet Police Department, it’s up to her to ensure relations between the mundane and eldritch communities run smoothly.

But when a young man from a nearby college drowns—and signs point to eldritch involvement—the town’s booming paranormal tourism trade is at stake. Teamed up with her childhood crush, Officer Cody Fairfax, a sexy werewolf on the down-low, Daisy must solve the crime—and keep a tight rein on the darker side of her nature. For if she’s ever tempted to invoke her demonic birthright, it could accidentally unleash nothing less than Armageddon.

Well now this is hitting my buttons quite nicely. You had my interest with "Agent of Hel" and with that back cover of a veritable menagerie among the Masquerade you most definitely have my attention. Even better is that if I do like it, and I think I really will, there's two more books to slake my thirst.

Next up!
      vDcrnMKl.jpg
      The next series is the EX series. I hope you aren't tired of zombies because this combines zombies and superheroes in a really good way. Of the bunch, this is probably the quickest read, but I really enjoyed it and its 3 sequels. The 5th book in the series is expected February 2nd of next year.

BACK COVER HOOO!
      The first novel in Peter Clines' bestselling Ex series.

Stealth. Gorgon. Regenerator. Cerberus. Zzzap. The Mighty Dragon. They were heroes, using their superhuman abilities to make Los Angeles a better place.

Then the plague of living death spread around the globe. Billions died, civilization fell, and the city of angels was left a desolate zombie wasteland.

Now, a year later, the Mighty Dragon and his companions protect a last few thousand survivors in their film-studio-turned-fortress, the Mount. Scarred and traumatized by the horrors they’ve endured, the heroes fight the armies of ravenous ex-humans at their citadel’s gates, lead teams out to scavenge for supplies—and struggle to be the symbols of strength and hope the survivors so desperately need.

But the hungry ex-humans aren’t the only threats the heroes face. Former allies, their powers and psyches hideously twisted, lurk in the city’s ruins. And just a few miles away, another group is slowly amassing power . . . led by an enemy with the most terrifying ability of all.

Hmm! This reminds me of one of my favorite pieces of world-building in the Empowered series with the Superdead with a splash of my love for Brandon Sanderson's "Reckoners" series. Excellent.

Batter up!
      nYYQy4Vl.jpg
      The third book is actually slightly confusing if you ever talk to anyone in the UK. For whatever reason, the first book in the Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovitch was renamed from Rivers of London to Midnight Riot. No idea why. Regardless of that, it is still a high quality series which is still on-going. It has 5 books already with a 6th coming out next June.

BACK. COVER!
      Probationary Constable Peter Grant dreams of being a detective in London's Metropolitan Police. Too bad his superior plans to assign him to the Case Progression Unit, where the biggest threat he'll face is a paper cut. But Peter's prospects change in the aftermath of a puzzling murder, when he gains exclusive information from an eyewitness who happens to be a ghost. Peter's ability to speak with the lingering dead brings him to the attention of Detective Chief Inspector Thomas Nightingale, who investigates crimes involving magic and other manifestations of the uncanny. Now, as a wave of brutal and bizarre murders engulfs the city, Peter is plunged into a world where gods and goddesses mingle with mortals and a long-dead evil is making a comeback on a rising tide of magic.

Harry Dresden's back and this time he's Brit--hey wait a second. For real though, this looks nicely intriguing with the mention of gods mingling with mortals (always a favored world piece with me) and the words "rising tide of magic".

Last but not least,
      f3WRS5pl.jpg
      Last we have the beginning of yet another series. Yes, another series but that's how urban fantasy goes nowadays. Rachel Aaron, also known as Rachel Bach, is another guilty pleasure of mine. Her prose isn't the most amazing but the stories are super fun. This series is supposed to go on for a few more books, but I'm not sure how many at the moment. Regardless, each book has a satisfying conclusion that also builds the world and the over-arching story. If you do like these, she has written a different series starting with the Legend of Eli Monpress that is also really neat. It's just straight fantasy though.

I summon thee forth back cover 1!
      As the smallest dragon in the Heartstriker clan, Julius survives by a simple code: keep quiet, don’t cause trouble, and stay out of the way of bigger dragons. But this meek behavior doesn't fly in a family of ambitious magical predators, and his mother, Bethesda the Heartstriker, has finally reached the end of her patience. Now, sealed in human form and banished to the DFZ--a vertical metropolis built on the ruins of Old Detroit--Julius has one month to prove he can be a ruthless dragon or kiss his true shape goodbye forever. But in a city of modern mages and vengeful spirits where dragons are considered monsters to be exterminated, he’s going to need some serious help to survive this test. He only hopes humans are more trustworthy than dragons...

Not doing Cover 2 because back covers of sequels tend to spoil the first ones. Still! Dragons! And mages, vengeful spirits, plus what sounds like a twisted variant of the Wayside School. Very nice!

The final part of the missive!
      zYfn7ztl.jpg?1
      p76T3qWl.jpg
      And that's it! I really hope you enjoy these books and want to read more of each series. Also enclosed are two types of cookies I made. The top are snickerdoodles which are kind of like a cinnamon sugar cookie. The bottom are a brown butter toasted coconut chocolate chip cookie. Have a great holiday!

Your Santa,

@shadowane

Thank you very much shadowane! I look forward to reading every one of these books and eating every one of these delicious cookies (the chocolate chips have already had a casualty). These were some Grade-A stalking and personal recommendations.
      AIR PILLOW.

• Options
      THIS PUTTY IS VERY VERY VERY VERY SLOWLY EATING THIS MAGNET AND IT'S AWESOME.

• Options
      initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
      That ex heroes book sounds an awful lot like wildC.A.T.S. When wildstorm decided to blow up their universe a few years ago. But that was a cool premise so I'll let it slide

• Options
      shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
      Madican wrote: »
      Clearly my Santa's shadow isn't waning that much, because the package slated to arrive on Friday is here now. And so...

Y2JSF.gif

...Gift Get the hell outta here Waluigi. WONDER FORCE, ASSEMBLE!
      2pJdsAHl.jpg

Joining me in protecting my package from the dastardly Waluigi is Shulk Inkling, Girl Inkling, Boy Inkling, Inkling Inkling, and Abomination Inkling. Shulk Inkling is especially necessary for he possesses the Monado to open my package!

...Okay that's not working. The bad joke or the sword? Both. Trusty Poke Pen, go! Tear through the iron bonds of fate tape and reveal the treasures within!

It's...it's...
      xt0aZVdl.jpg

AN AIR PILLOW! Thanks Santa!

...What do you mean the gifts are under it? YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE?
      tp2yp5jl.jpg?1

A missive, cookies, and THE AIR PILLOW!

There are multiple pages to this letter, so here we go.
      HpsY0o6l.jpg?1
      Dear Madican,

I definitely had some trouble deciding what to get you but your interest in Urban Fantasy really piqued my interest. As a result, I'm going to gift you with some wonderful reading material in that genre that I've really liked which hopefully you don't own. However, if you do happen to own them, Amazon is amazing and lets you just exchange the gifted ebook for a gift card. Then you can just buy a different one. Win win! If you have any trouble with the codes printed here, just drop me an email at REDACTED and I can send you the codes. You can redeem them at REDACTED.

Now, to the heart of the matter. The first book I've chosen is by Jacqueline Carey. She is an amazing author with a wide range of novels. If you like this one, I'd highly suggest checking out her other works. Some do look odd and, well, full of sex, but to be fair the books are amazingly well written and totally not bodice rippers, I swear! This series, Agent of Hel, follows a single character and is currently 3 books."

AMAZON BACK COVER SUMMARY
      The Midwestern resort town of Pemkowet boasts a diverse population: eccentric locals, wealthy summer people, and tourists by the busload—not to mention fairies, sprites, vampires, naiads, ogres, and a whole host of eldritch folk, presided over by Hel, a reclusive Norse goddess.

To Daisy Johanssen, fathered by an incubus and raised by a single mother, it’s home. And as Hel’s enforcer and the designated liaison to the Pemkowet Police Department, it’s up to her to ensure relations between the mundane and eldritch communities run smoothly.

But when a young man from a nearby college drowns—and signs point to eldritch involvement—the town’s booming paranormal tourism trade is at stake. Teamed up with her childhood crush, Officer Cody Fairfax, a sexy werewolf on the down-low, Daisy must solve the crime—and keep a tight rein on the darker side of her nature. For if she’s ever tempted to invoke her demonic birthright, it could accidentally unleash nothing less than Armageddon.

Well now this is hitting my buttons quite nicely. You had my interest with "Agent of Hel" and with that back cover of a veritable menagerie among the Masquerade you most definitely have my attention. Even better is that if I do like it, and I think I really will, there's two more books to slake my thirst.

Next up!
      vDcrnMKl.jpg
      The next series is the EX series. I hope you aren't tired of zombies because this combines zombies and superheroes in a really good way. Of the bunch, this is probably the quickest read, but I really enjoyed it and its 3 sequels. The 5th book in the series is expected February 2nd of next year.

BACK COVER HOOO!
      The first novel in Peter Clines' bestselling Ex series.

Stealth. Gorgon. Regenerator. Cerberus. Zzzap. The Mighty Dragon. They were heroes, using their superhuman abilities to make Los Angeles a better place.

Then the plague of living death spread around the globe. Billions died, civilization fell, and the city of angels was left a desolate zombie wasteland.

Now, a year later, the Mighty Dragon and his companions protect a last few thousand survivors in their film-studio-turned-fortress, the Mount. Scarred and traumatized by the horrors they’ve endured, the heroes fight the armies of ravenous ex-humans at their citadel’s gates, lead teams out to scavenge for supplies—and struggle to be the symbols of strength and hope the survivors so desperately need.

But the hungry ex-humans aren’t the only threats the heroes face. Former allies, their powers and psyches hideously twisted, lurk in the city’s ruins. And just a few miles away, another group is slowly amassing power . . . led by an enemy with the most terrifying ability of all.

Hmm! This reminds me of one of my favorite pieces of world-building in the Empowered series with the Superdead with a splash of my love for Brandon Sanderson's "Reckoners" series. Excellent.

Batter up!
      nYYQy4Vl.jpg
      The third book is actually slightly confusing if you ever talk to anyone in the UK. For whatever reason, the first book in the Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovitch was renamed from Rivers of London to Midnight Riot. No idea why. Regardless of that, it is still a high quality series which is still on-going. It has 5 books already with a 6th coming out next June.

BACK. COVER!
      Probationary Constable Peter Grant dreams of being a detective in London's Metropolitan Police. Too bad his superior plans to assign him to the Case Progression Unit, where the biggest threat he'll face is a paper cut. But Peter's prospects change in the aftermath of a puzzling murder, when he gains exclusive information from an eyewitness who happens to be a ghost. Peter's ability to speak with the lingering dead brings him to the attention of Detective Chief Inspector Thomas Nightingale, who investigates crimes involving magic and other manifestations of the uncanny. Now, as a wave of brutal and bizarre murders engulfs the city, Peter is plunged into a world where gods and goddesses mingle with mortals and a long-dead evil is making a comeback on a rising tide of magic.

Harry Dresden's back and this time he's Brit--hey wait a second. For real though, this looks nicely intriguing with the mention of gods mingling with mortals (always a favored world piece with me) and the words "rising tide of magic".

Last but not least,
      f3WRS5pl.jpg
      Last we have the beginning of yet another series. Yes, another series but that's how urban fantasy goes nowadays. Rachel Aaron, also known as Rachel Bach, is another guilty pleasure of mine. Her prose isn't the most amazing but the stories are super fun. This series is supposed to go on for a few more books, but I'm not sure how many at the moment. Regardless, each book has a satisfying conclusion that also builds the world and the over-arching story. If you do like these, she has written a different series starting with the Legend of Eli Monpress that is also really neat. It's just straight fantasy though.

I summon thee forth back cover 1!
      As the smallest dragon in the Heartstriker clan, Julius survives by a simple code: keep quiet, don’t cause trouble, and stay out of the way of bigger dragons. But this meek behavior doesn't fly in a family of ambitious magical predators, and his mother, Bethesda the Heartstriker, has finally reached the end of her patience. Now, sealed in human form and banished to the DFZ--a vertical metropolis built on the ruins of Old Detroit--Julius has one month to prove he can be a ruthless dragon or kiss his true shape goodbye forever. But in a city of modern mages and vengeful spirits where dragons are considered monsters to be exterminated, he’s going to need some serious help to survive this test. He only hopes humans are more trustworthy than dragons...

Not doing Cover 2 because back covers of sequels tend to spoil the first ones. Still! Dragons! And mages, vengeful spirits, plus what sounds like a twisted variant of the Wayside School. Very nice!

The final part of the missive!
      zYfn7ztl.jpg?1
      p76T3qWl.jpg
      And that's it! I really hope you enjoy these books and want to read more of each series. Also enclosed are two types of cookies I made. The top are snickerdoodles which are kind of like a cinnamon sugar cookie. The bottom are a brown butter toasted coconut chocolate chip cookie. Have a great holiday!

Your Santa,

@shadowane

Thank you very much shadowane! I look forward to reading every one of these books and eating every one of these delicious cookies (the chocolate chips have already had a casualty). These were some Grade-A stalking and personal recommendations.
      AIR PILLOW.

Awesome! I'm glad you didn't have any of those books. I thought they made a nice mix of urban fantasy themes. And yes Midnight Riot is very British. Happy holidays!

• Options
      never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
      Gift Get post coming soon to a theater near you.

• Options
      ElinElin Registered User regular
      Dear Santa,

Your package has been safely received. A proper post my be delayed for a few days because of reasons, but I assure you it will be done soon. I apologize for the delays but all is not well at the moment but I have hopes it will even out soon.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
      PSN Hypacia
      Xbox HypaciaMinnow
      Discord Hypacia#0391
    • Options
      TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
      edited December 2015
      Hope my Santee gets their gift soon. I know I sent it halfway around the world but its been about 3 and a half weeks now so I'm getting a little antsy. Still got the receipt with the tracking number though, so I'll check that when I get home next week

TeeMan on
      steam_sig.png
    • Options
      never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
      edited December 2015

Well, it is a joyous Festivus in the Reign home!

Boo decided to swoop in and check out the goings-on (while I was not looking, of course). Ah, Boo's laugh is so intoxicating.
      1g6wccw408m7.jpg
      yjt22bzcgado.jpg

Shoot 'Em Up! Can't wait to check this out!
      uq9ygkkuj731.jpg

3anl8aj402dh.jpg
      Sunset Overdrive! This game looked cool as hell, so I'm pretty stoked to give it a whirl. As is Boo, Obviously.
      0rluizsae4kx.jpg

A Nerf Gun?! While you have successfully bought my luv, you have also earned my wife's wrath and hatred. She's little, but she is violent. Awesome!
      xwond8cgu9kh.jpg

Everything!
      g7cp89viqrj5.jpg

Well, Santa, this was quite awesome and will make my holiday break even more enjoyable. Thanks a bunch, Sir! I only saw your real name, and I do not wanna put you on blast.. So unless I missed something painfully obvious, stand up and take a bow! Or, sit where you are and bask in success!

Edit: Sorry about the blur on the Nerf gun :(

never-ending-reign on
    • Options
      RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
      @UnbreakableVow The kiddo and I had a blast just building the portal thing. It was a great time, and while we only got through the first bit, this game is going to be amazing. I also just ordered the Doctor Who and Portal sets as well.
      Seriously! So! Much! Fun!

PSN: jfrofl
    • Options
      MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
      Good: Everything is acquired, and all but one package is mailed.
      Bad: Most of what I wanted to get was out of stock, so I had to ship it direct instead of getting it shipped here and building a nice big box.
      Woops: Every item is coming back into stock on a different day, so santee is going to be having more of a late Hanukkah with a gift showing up every day for a bit.

• Options
      cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
      All I've gotten from Santa so far is some weird questions in my PMs, so I'm excited.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
      Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    • Options
      The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
      edited December 2015

The first package came about a week ago, but due to the delay between packages Proxy Elf informed me that I should wait until everything came to make a post.

A package arrives! Time to call in the bomb sniffing pups.
      2015-12-05%2017.54.10_zpsm9j6ha1n.jpg

Oh no, bomb detected! Don't be scared sister, I'll protect you!
      2015-12-05%2017.54.26_zpswsbqsxor.jpg

Super runaway! And hide...
      2015-12-05%2017.55.07_zpsfsgll1yt.jpg
      Okay, maybe she just wanted her ball from under the couch.

I'm gonna sniff that bomb to death!
      2015-12-05%2017.56.50_zps1xbzcyoj.jpg
      2015-12-05%2017.56.46_zpssqqsugmm.jpg

All clear, bomb defused!
      2015-12-05%2017.54.15_zpsp7btncfw.jpg

Contents:
      2015-12-05%2017.59.15_zpszrwecje2.jpg
      I guess she was trying to tell me it was THE bomb...

Actually, despite working for an RPG studio I've never done pen-n-paper stuff. My ex would do so every Sunday with friends, and I'd tag along just so that we could spend time together. Ex did a couple campaigns of Werewolf and it seemed like fun. I'm sure my Santa picked it for obvious reasons, and this would be a good place for me to start, thanks a bunch!

Package two, guard dogs too tired to check it...
      2015-12-17%2020.45.31_zpsug75iagv.jpg

Okay maybe I can hug and sniff it a bit.
      2015-12-17%2020.45.45_zps0gpdfazy.jpg

Alright, all clear, maybe whatever.
      2015-12-17%2020.46.08_zps9rl6nehs.jpg

*Snore*...
      2015-12-17%2020_zpsevr0jur1.jpg

Gifts with messages:
      2015-12-17%2021_zpsqidwas0n.jpg

These were three things on my wishlist. I'd always wanted to try Okamiden considering how phenomenal Okami was, and for years hearing that this was a completely worthy sequel to the console game on a handheld. The two movies I actually had on my wishlist as separate entries because apparently the dual pack doesn't even offer the extended unrated director's cuts of the movies. It's just the theatrical cuts and that's it, pretty lame... But this is perfect. Thank you so much Santa, you did a great job, and it's a nice surprise to get a little bit of everything with the way you did your gifting, all bases were covered! I already have the Werewolf book on my desk at work, the movies slipped right onto my shelf, and Okamiden is coming with me on my trip to Europe in a couple weeks. Now who are you?

The_Spaniard on
      Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    • Options
      QuicalQuical Registered User regular
      The fun never stops with @Noizlanif around! Woke up this morning to two more game codes.
      One i apparently already owned but it wouldn't tell me what it was!
      The other was Thief ROW.

Thanks so much Santa!

NNID: Quical
      STEAM: Quical
      Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
    • Options
      edited December 2015
      Awesome 3-D Mario cards received! Merry Christmas and many thanks once again @Schide

44C502BD-85E8-45B9-9F90-A14759A33884_zpsway7dvuw.jpg

Jam Warrior on
      MhCw7nZ.gif
    • Options
      cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
      edited December 2015

The first package came about a week ago, but due to the delay between packages Proxy Elf informed me that I should wait until everything came to make a post.

A package arrives! Time to call in the bomb sniffing pups.
      2015-12-05%2017.54.10_zpsm9j6ha1n.jpg

Oh no, bomb detected! Don't be scared sister, I'll protect you!
      2015-12-05%2017.54.26_zpswsbqsxor.jpg

Super runaway! And hide...
      2015-12-05%2017.55.07_zpsfsgll1yt.jpg
      Okay, maybe she just wanted her ball from under the couch.

I'm gonna sniff that bomb to death!
      2015-12-05%2017.56.50_zps1xbzcyoj.jpg
      2015-12-05%2017.56.46_zpssqqsugmm.jpg

All clear, bomb defused!
      2015-12-05%2017.54.15_zpsp7btncfw.jpg

Contents:
      2015-12-05%2017.59.15_zpszrwecje2.jpg
      I guess she was trying to tell me it was THE bomb...

Actually, despite working for an RPG studio I've never done pen-n-paper stuff. My ex would do so every Sunday with friends, and I'd tag along just so that we could spend time together. Ex did a couple campaigns of Werewolf and it seemed like fun. I'm sure my Santa picked it for obvious reasons, and this would be a good place for me to start, thanks a bunch!

Package two, guard dogs too tired to check it...
      2015-12-17%2020.45.31_zpsug75iagv.jpg

Okay maybe I can hug and sniff it a bit.
      2015-12-17%2020.45.45_zps0gpdfazy.jpg

Alright, all clear, maybe whatever.
      2015-12-17%2020.46.08_zps9rl6nehs.jpg

*Snore*...
      2015-12-17%2020_zpsevr0jur1.jpg

Gifts with messages:
      2015-12-17%2021_zpsqidwas0n.jpg

These were three things on my wishlist. I'd always wanted to try Okamiden considering how phenomenal Okami was, and for years hearing that this was a completely worthy sequel to the console game on a handheld. The two movies I actually had on my wishlist as separate entries because apparently the dual pack doesn't even offer the extended unrated director's cuts of the movies. It's just the theatrical cuts and that's it, pretty lame... But this is perfect. Thank you so much Santa, you did a great job, and it's a nice surprise to get a little bit of everything with the way you did your gifting, all bases were covered! I already have the Werewolf book on my desk at work, the movies slipped right onto my shelf, and Okamiden is coming with me on my trip to Europe in a couple weeks. Now who are you?

I figured my constant paranoia was a dead giveaway. :P Glad you enjoyed, was a little worried you might have 2nd edition, or it might not arrive properly, since it's out of print. I'm told it's the best version, unless you prefer the New World version, 'The Forsaken'(and almost no one does).

Had no idea about the separate editions of the Grindhouse films having more content, I would've made the same choice. Let me know if you start a WW campaign, Gaia needs all the help she can get. ;)

And wow, those dogs must run that place.

cj iwakura on
      wVEsyIc.png
    • Options
      noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular

Well, it is a joyous Festivus in the Reign home!

Boo decided to swoop in and check out the goings-on (while I was not looking, of course). Ah, Boo's laugh is so intoxicating.
      1g6wccw408m7.jpg
      yjt22bzcgado.jpg

Shoot 'Em Up! Can't wait to check this out!
      uq9ygkkuj731.jpg

3anl8aj402dh.jpg
      Sunset Overdrive! This game looked cool as hell, so I'm pretty stoked to give it a whirl. As is Boo, Obviously.
      0rluizsae4kx.jpg

A Nerf Gun?! While you have successfully bought my luv, you have also earned my wife's wrath and hatred. She's little, but she is violent. Awesome!
      xwond8cgu9kh.jpg

Everything!
      g7cp89viqrj5.jpg

Well, Santa, this was quite awesome and will make my holiday break even more enjoyable. Thanks a bunch, Sir! I only saw your real name, and I do not wanna put you on blast.. So unless I missed something painfully obvious, stand up and take a bow! Or, sit where you are and bask in success!

Edit: Sorry about the blur on the Nerf gun :(

This was me!

I really hope you enjoy the gifts. I know you like Destiny, so I figured some extra gun related stuff would be a good theme to go with. Happy holidays!

• Options
      MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
      Houn wrote: »
      THIS PUTTY IS VERY VERY VERY VERY SLOWLY EATING THIS MAGNET AND IT'S AWESOME.

Yeah, I thought that putty was cool as hell when I saw it! Now all you need is a set of powerful magnets instead of just that giant cube!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
    • Options
      KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
      edited December 2015

I was finally able to pick up the package from the apt office. Honestly the suspense was killing me!

oxw1c2qxg0za.jpg

The package! And now it's contents

fyscpzl4cjvn.jpg

Yay! I'm a huge Regular Show fan but have yet picked up the comics. And Infamous were some of my favorite PS3 games, and with a newly bought PS4 I had meant to pick up Second Son.

Thank you so much @Kanden ! Sorry it took me a while to make the appropriate thank you post.

Aside, being able to upload photos to the forums directly from my phone is such an awesome feature.

Kyougu on
    • Options
      see317see317 Registered User regular
      @Kyougu ,
      You may want to edit that first image to hide your address.
      I mean, I feel pretty safe in saying that the forumers here wouldn't do anything untoward with the information, but this isn't a private forum and it's open to Google searches.
      Anyone could get that information and try to steal your Regular Show comic.

• Options
      Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
      @Kyougu ,
      I mean, I feel pretty safe in saying that the forumers here wouldn't do anything untoward with the information.

Sure, honest. I'm not sat outside his window right now.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
      PSN: SirGrinchX
      Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    • Options
      mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
      Mr_Grinch wrote: »
      @Kyougu ,
      I mean, I feel pretty safe in saying that the forumers here wouldn't do anything untoward with the information.

Sure, honest. I'm not sat outside his window right now.

See you say that, but I'm the one a half-hour drive from there. :winky:

v2zAToe.jpg
      Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
    • Options
      KandenKanden Registered User regular
      Yay! I'm glad you like 'em. There's 1 other thing coming on Wednesday I believe. Not sure why it's the one taking extra long.

• Options
      initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
      There's two boxes here... Well... 3 but I don't think Santa sent me a car bumper for my roommate. I will open them soon!

• Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      edited December 2015

Not secret Santa but @ogretz got me some things to hunt
      eyv07cfw0mm4.jpg
      nbadl27ll47y.jpg

Thanks, ogretz! @Vyolynce and @Entaru will appreciate it

Edit for a better pic
      zspsj2wv1haw.jpg

TimFiji on
      Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest