As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa: Proxy says, "See ya next year!"

1252627282931»

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    We have at least one deadbeat so far, but I have not asked Hypatia for an official count yet.

If you are signed up as an Easter Bunny, then prepare to receive your hopping orders!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    My gift to @noir_blood is in USPS limbo, and @grim123's to me is stuck in my Apartment Office. I dunno if we were the last set.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Hi everyone! I'm still catching up after having around 2 straight weeks of travel to visit family. There may be others here in the same boat so I ask that everyone not panic about deadbeats or Santees until I get everything straightened out. I'll do my best to get everything caught up in the next day or so!

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I fell behind on the thread while the holiday happened. Glad to catch up though. Wanted to say thank you all, it was fun. The steam link is being used almost daily at my house.

As for mailing booze, I was scared last year when I sent mine out. It wouldn't have just been booze lost, it would also have been the custom flask I sent.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular

Giftget.gif

20160104_163822_zpsgtyfjmtm.jpg

20160104_163946_zpsm4aauqdk.jpg

20160104_164102_zpswhgxarca.jpg
    Omg thank you ketar! I've been wanting to get this kit for a while now.

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Not that I'm afraid I'm going to be accused of being a deadbeat, I just wanted to mention for record keeping purposes that I was dalith14's Santa. I got him Mad Max when the Steam Sale started and he thanked me over Steam but I don't think he posted that he'd found out my identity in the actual thread, and I know there was some talk that his family was having health issues so I'm sure he had other things on his mind.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    My santee, Belligerent, confirmed he'd received my gifts awhile ago, but also said his computer died and couldn't post photos. I bought him Shadows of Mordor in October. In December I bought him a book on star wars, a steam game, and some candy. Hopefully his computer gets fixed and he can post photos.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    YES! I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS THREAD WHO LOVES GUNPLA! That's totally a gorgeous kit, @grim123 <3

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    @Turkey Don't worry about the package coming late. I'm a patient man and do enjoy getting stuff after the holidays are over. But speaking of which...

Giftget.gif

pECbBBX.jpg?1

Got a package from @Turkey ! No pet so I've enlisted the help of last year's little Totoro for help!

HJYcjCB.jpg?1

Those are some awesome goods!

5It6Lxu.jpg?1

SandLand is a one shot manga by the same guy who created Dragon ball. Gonna enjoy reading this one!

CaZ7ZMG.jpg?1

Had my eye on Love Letter for a while. Can't wait to play it!

AIln6ii.jpg?1

So many blu rays! Little Totoro really likes a certain one though. No idea why.

Thank you very much!

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    That is one badass model kit. Better show pics of the finished product!

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Picked up my package from the apartment office right before heading to work; I'll post pics tomorrow

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Like @EvilBadman said, he pmed me a couple of days ago and provided a tracking #. For some reason, USPS said I rejected the package, which is BS. I've tried calling, but there's a couple of different post offices in the area, and none seem to be tracking it.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    grim123 wrote: »
    Giftget.gif

I am so, so jealous of that Hanafuda N3DS.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Giftget.gif

There should be a third item arriving to go with that and the book. Apologies again for taking so long, I hope you enjoy everything.

• Options
    Giftget.gif
    Ogg8Xqp.jpg

8rKyjnf.jpg

Thanks @Kirindal! I'm super excited to expand my cooking horizons! Sorry it took me so long to get back home to the package.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    ArcSyn wrote: »

I am so, so jealous of that Hanafuda N3DS.
    it's one of the best cover plates they've put out :D:)

cj iwakura wrote: »
    That is one badass model kit. Better show pics of the finished product!
    @cj iwakura
    I've been stuck building PG's all year for a commission job so it will be nice to get to work on a kit for myself :)
    PG unicorn

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Happy new year everyone. It was fun as usual. Looking forward to doing it again at the end of the year!

Steam: offday
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    So on New Year's Eve we played our first five player game of Forbidden Desert. The second to last player just got onto the ship and the last player was about to go.
    2o76skdbaoud.gif

We drew the Storm cards and then this happened:
    t3z1ug6bayj2.gif

It was a fun game even though we lost.

Thanks again, @The Mantiz , for the wonderful game!

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Haha, that is terrible luck. So nice to see you enjoying your gifts though.

The Mantiz on
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    @darunia106 Glad it arrived safely!

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    @Handgimp, I'm happy that you like the gifts. I wasn't sure what sort of knives you already had, so I decided to go with a workhorse knife that could always be used. As for the books, they came highly recommended to me as good primers so I think you'll be able to get a lot of mileage out of them.

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Hey guys! There's been some unfun stuff related to my gift and the gift to me. I wrested mine from the apartment office after they disappeared for the holidays, so let's:

Giftget.gif

Amethyst guards the box and address info:
    PASS16a.jpg

A pair of Wrestlemans, ready to be created like, well like Frankenstein monsters:
    PASS16b.jpg

Beyond these is an assortment of foods. The pocky-likes are like dry pancakes with maple syrup. Delicious.
    ]PASS16c.jpg

Blackest Night Superman pop fig. Also, a Monster Hunter box with some sort of nurse? I am not versed in this.
    PASS16d.jpg

Alien, Big Trouble in Little China fig, and two blind bags. The WWE one was Sin Cara. I already broke it (this is a wrestling joke).
    PASS16e.jpg

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    *looks around*

Khoo has one more gift coming. His original gift was destroyed because it turns out that you can't just mail booze across the country. Hah.

IT HAS ARRIVED! Thank you @HallowedFaith for the make-up candy - you really didn't need to. The thought of the booze was quite enough - I'm sorry it was destroyed. I'm sure it was excellent! But candy is also good!

Some guy.
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    I am a terrible Santee, I also got gifted Organ Trail!

I tried it out and it seems like a zombie edition of the Oregon Trail!  Sadly, my husband got dysentary...and a zombie bite...and well, I might have had to put him down.

24303295061_b18e623106_z.jpg

Thank you vhannroy! :)

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Due to me putting my wrong address from the start, it took a while to get @EvilBadman 's gift, but I got it today!

Obligatory Gift/Dog pic sb1045ism2lr.jpg

Sweet!

z49kj8zt20b9.jpg

This was actually my first Xbox One game, but I traded it in a while back. Every so often I have a hankering to replay it, so this is great. Thanks!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    You'd be surprised how often I get weird or misspelled addresses in Secret Santa. It's kinda super important.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Guys! Guys! Holy crap you won't believe this

Giftget.gif

I'm not kidding about the not believing part, I hardly believe it myself. I got an email this morning and as I checked the preview of it on my phone, it said something about a gift certificate. At first I think, oh what's this a voucher or some "contest" that I've won that I never entered. I was dubious about opening the email because it looks like the most obvious spam but then I re-read it, and read it once more. Gift certificate. Gift. What the hell? My wife and I don't typically buy gifts for one-another so close to Christmas, something wrong is happening here.

No. Not wrong. Something unbelievable is happening here.
    jjyhi9j4uub9.png

Some incredibly generous Santa has gifted me 5 goddamn laps in a V8 Supercar! :surprised: :surprised:

For those not in the know, this is what they are:
    581411-holden-racing-team.jpg

A fully-fledged V8 race car with about 600hp. 5 laps around Barbagallo Raceway and a further 3 in the passenger seat with a professional driver.

I am fucking floored. I can't believe this! This is an incredible gift, I can't think of any other way to say it. Thank you, whoever you are, you glorious bastard. If you decide to tell me who you are I'll send you a copy of the USB and in any case post it here for people to see.

Thank you once again :biggrin: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so excited!

Video here

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Goodness me it was a nerve-wracking experience haha. If nothing else it taught me that there is so much more to racing than I previously thought, and I'm a guy with a racing rig in his theatre room. Thanks again, @Handgimp :biggrin:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It's that time of year already?!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00