Options

The [Wrestling Thread] is going to cry for a few days, if that's ok with everyone

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    The most amazing thing about the Titus story is how dumb WWE is to do this right after one of their most heartfelt segments in years.

24 hours later we're right back on talking about how crazy and/or racist Vince is.

Classic WWE....

David D. from Uproxx has a good point of view of the whole thing IMO
    That’s probably easy for Batista to say because he’s gone on to become a successful guy in Hollywood. But he does have a point that Titus O’Neil is probably well-equipped to succeed without WWE. He should probably be able to be an assistant coach for a college football team and some sort of ambassador for all the work he does as a parent and with kids.

As for WWE, they’ve responded to allegations that race played a part in O’Neil’s suspension. They released a statement saying, “The suspension of Titus O’Neil had nothing to do with race and everything to do with unprofessional conduct.”

Look, I’m the last person to give WWE the benefit of the doubt when it comes to how they handle issues of race on a company level. But I think anyone calling racism on this move is … *takes off shades* … barking up the wrong tree. Vince McMahon was standing on the ramp, front and center while a wrestler made an announcement that his life was in danger due to CTE issues that occurred in the ring. It just makes Vince and the company look bad for him to be yukking it up during such a somber moment. It looks like they’re all taking CTE and life-threatening brain issues lightly. I have no clue what Titus was thinking, but he messed up.

While I’m not sure what kind of push he was headed for or if he’ll have a push after he returns, I imagine he’ll still be a brand ambassador and the hallmark of WWE’s campaign for awesome dads. So, in the end, I think everything will work out fine for all parties.

That said I still don't think he should miss Mania

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Bayley's 4 horsewomen shirt makes me so happy.

• Options
    Man.

Elias Samson just does not entertain me in any way.

Yeah I see him gone after Dallas when he
    loses to Crews (hopefully)

and they put him back in the PC.

• Options
    Loved those "drift away" chants.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    World Wide Wrestling RPG's new book is up on kickstarter. Introduces gimmicks with a more international flavor like luchadors and puroresu.

The game is legit great, and I'm super excited for the expansion.

• Options
    Network averages 1.24 million subs now.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Samson has potential. I feel like they could build on the character and make him a cult figure a la Raven or Wyatt. His wrestling is pretty average, but he does the character stuff well.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Also this year they plan on adding 1000 hours of new content on the Network.

Yeesh, won't they start needing to cycle out content eventually ala Netflix?

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Also this year they plan on adding 1000 hours of new content on the Network.

Yeesh, won't they start needing to cycle out content eventually ala Netflix?

Nah, the whole "giant archive" thing has always been one of the selling points for the Network.

• Options
    The WON reports that many people close to Rey Mysterio believe he’ll be back with WWE soon. According to the site, many of Mysterio’s friends believe it is just a matter of time until he leaves Lucha Underground and returns to the company.

The reason is said to be in part due to his money issues with AAA, who are behind on paying him. His situation is described as similar to Alberto Del Rio’s, where both money and creative are causing issues with him. Konnan noted on his podcast that Mysterio was open to the idea of a part-time WWE schedule.

Right now the question is apparently whether he returns before or after the third season takes place. Season three begins production in March and premieres in the fall.

If he does come back I'd expect they'd want him for Mania either teaming or facing the Lucha Dragons

• Options
    So remember how it was reported Seth is doing 5 hours a day of rehab? Cena is doing 8 to 9 hours a day.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Honestly that isn't surprising considering his work ethic.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    I doubt Mysterio will be back in time for WM. As we found out from Hernandez-gate, LU keeps their guys from working televised shows in the US until the season is finished airing. It's possible Mysterio's contract wouldn't have that clause, or that WWE could cut a deal with them, but as it stands, it doesn't seem likely.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    During today’s WWE conference call, Vince McMahon was asked about the WWE’s recent injury issues as they head to WrestleMania 32. Here is what McMahon had to say…

“By being creative. We’ll have an awesome WrestleMania. It’ll be very attractive to our audience, just as attractive as last year.”

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    What was he going to say?

"Sorry guys. It's gonna be a shit show this year"

• Options
    Taker Mania potential spoilers
    So allegedly Owens pushed hard to face him but got turned down. Whoever he faces will be a "huge surprise" but it won't be Strowman either.

I can't imagine who he'll face now. The only person I can think of they'd trust with him is Kane.

• Options
    Taker Mania potential spoilers
    So allegedly Owens pushed hard to face him but got turned down. Whoever he faces will be a "huge surprise" but it won't be Strowman either.

I can't imagine who he'll face now. The only person I can think of they'd trust with him is Kane.
    I don't know that Kane counts as a huge surprise.

• Options
    I guest they could always do another BoD tag match. Maybe against two LoN members?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That would be the more boring Mania match in the world

Like I'm biased against thinking any Taker match will be particularly good because he is old and slow

But another BoD tag match, especially against the LoN, or a match with Kane would basically be a free nap period

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Goto was basically sleepwalking through the biggest match of his life

Damn

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    That would be the more boring Mania match in the world

Like I'm biased against thinking any Taker match will be particularly good because he is old and slow

But another BoD tag match, especially against the LoN, or a match with Kane would basically be a free nap period

Did we ever get a Taker vs Sheamus match?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I repeat

Nap period

Sheamus can put on a good match with someone who has a ton of gas in the tank and can just stand there and take a beating while dishing out in kind. Cesaro, Roman, Owens, etc.

Taker is not that. He is in surprisingly good shape for his age but he does not have the energy or stiff shot taking ability that he would need for a Mania worthy match with Sheamus.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Well I wasn't saying the match would be good.

• Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    Are we still doing suggestions for cheap wine and wrestling because if you something that goes well with cheap then Juggalo Championship Wrestling would be it.

Also I have 2 bottles of Jack and a Bottle of Jagermeister that aren't drinking themselves so any suggestions for that would be great.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    First, I'm glad we could dispense with the silly notion that the WWE is racist.

Second, the perfect opponent for the Undertaker is obviously a returning Hulk Hogan.

What?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

Goto was basically sleepwalking through the biggest match of his life

Damn

I wouldn't call it the biggest match of his life. It's not like he's never had IWGP title shots before, and I think at this point he's realised what everybody has known for a while which is that he's never going to get that main event spot.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    If he had shown he could hang with Okada he might have changed a lot of minds

Instead he was as boring as hes maybe ever been

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    dragonsama wrote: »
    Are we still doing suggestions for cheap wine and wrestling because if you something that goes well with cheap then Juggalo Championship Wrestling would be it.

Also I have 2 bottles of Jack and a Bottle of Jagermeister that aren't drinking themselves so any suggestions for that would be great.

Ugh, I forgot Juggalo exists.

• Options

I still vote for Nitro

• Options
    If he had shown he could hang with Okada he might have changed a lot of minds

Instead he was as boring as hes maybe ever been

I don't think it would've made a blind bit of difference, guy has had opportunities before and they've never pulled the trigger on him.
    I think his IC title reign was the "chance to shine" when they let him take it off Nakamura, and we saw how that went. Guy is just bang average, nothing wrong with that but it's certainly not worth putting the IWGP belt on.

At this point I could see him maybe trading NEVER title wins with Shibata, since Shibata has pretty comfortably elevated Goto on more than one occasion, but beyond that I'd be shocked if he got another main event shot as things stand with him. And I also have a sneaking suspicion that there's a heel turn on the horizon for him but we'll see.

• Options

I still vote for Nitro

In all honesty it will probably end up being that because I want to watch like, a full show or something.

• Options
    Well he's in CHAOS now so who knows what they do with him

• Options

I still vote for Nitro

In all honesty it will probably end up being that because I want to watch like, a full show or something.

"rubs hands together"

• Options
    I would love for him to be a #LOSINGOBERNABLESDEJAPON sleeper agent tho

• Options
    I would love for him to be a #LOSINGOBERNABLESDEJAPON sleeper agent tho

This would be great, and would give him a chance to prove he can do...fucking anything quite frankly with regards to character work.

Imagine Goto as a demon samurai who takes nineteen years to get to the ring and then spends another hour threatening to behead his opponent before red shoes can finally coax the sword off him. It would be greatness.

I knew Okada had offered CHAOS membership to him, but I didn't know he'd accepted it. I feel getting thrown into CHAOS would be such a waste because that group doesn't even fucking do anything anymore, probably in no small part because there's already two much more active heel stables in Bullet Club and LOSINGOBERNABLES DE JAPON!!!!!

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I

Love

Alexa Bliss

She is, in my opinion, right up there with Sasha and Bayley and Becky. She's fantastic.

I have been wanting to check out more of her work, I have fallen off on my NXT watching a bit. She seems really athletic and charismatic, but I haven't seen a lot of her ring work. Can you recommend me a couple matches?

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

Juggalo woud obviously be Faygo and plastic bottle vodka.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

Juggalo woud obviously be Faygo and plastic bottle vodka.

or, as we used to call it, the After School Special

• Options

I still vote for Nitro

I mean, Inter Species Wrestling has a couple of full shows up on their youtube channel. That's good for pairing up with trashy wine, provided you can handle the rampant sexual power of Giant Tiger of course.

Slamtasia 3 is a decent card. It has Zombie Stupefied vs Osirian Portal, Player Uno vs Eddie Kingston, Beef Wellington vs Addy Starr in something like fifteen improptu matches and the aforementioned sexual tyrannosaurus Giant Tiger taking on Steve "The Turtle" Weiner because every indie wrestling show has to have something on it that annoys Dyvim.
    Ultimately it is still an indie sleaze company though, so it has some kind of offensive stuff on deck a lot which is a shame.

• Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

I still vote for Nitro

I mean, Inter Species Wrestling has a couple of full shows up on their youtube channel. That's good for pairing up with trashy wine, provided you can handle the rampant sexual power of Giant Tiger of course.

Slamtasia 3 is a decent card. It has Zombie Stupefied vs Osirian Portal, Player Uno vs Eddie Kingston, Beef Wellington vs Addy Starr in something like fifteen improptu matches and the aforementioned sexual tyrannosaurus Giant Tiger taking on Steve "The Turtle" Weiner because every indie wrestling show has to have something on it that annoys Dyvim.
    Ultimately it is still an indie sleaze company though, so it has some kind of offensive stuff on deck a lot which is a shame.

Oh wow, that sounds like a plan!

This discussion has been closed.