As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[phalla] Final Fantasy IV: Know Suffering, Know Death, Know Mafia Victory

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Chamberlain to see if the recent spate of votes for demon will keep up

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Just a heads up, vote close is in an hour.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    SLyM wrote: »
    Chamberlain to see if the recent spate of votes for demon will keep up

Tying the vote just to see....

Screams Mafia

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    He just tied the vote with one hour left.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Let's untie it. DemonIzual

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    !McKid works for me.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I'll jump on the DemonIzual bandwagon.

• Options
    Man, now I'm going to have to update my vote count, thanks guys.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Always happens in the final hour.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Megafrost wrote: »
    Always happens in the final hour.

It's the final countdown

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    ACTIVATE
    SUPER POWERFUL ROYAL DECREE
    VOTE + 3

Nah, I'm just kidding now

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    DemonIzual: Brody(2), ZH(19), Austin(24), Dragon6860(26), Chamber(27), Martoss(28), Megafrost(35), Justice(37) [8]
    Chamber: Gizzy(11), Invictus(16), CJ Iwa(17), GG(18), McKid(22), DemonIzual(29), Ketbra(32), SLyM(34) [5]
    McKid: Virgil(23), Raiden33(25), Preda(30), Gizzy(33), CJ Iwa(36) [5+1?]
    Brody: Phyphor(3), Preda(9), Invictus(30) [2]
    Virgil: ZH(4), Knuckles(6), Kime(31) [2]
    Knuckles: Invictus(13), Jdarksun(15) [1]
    Justice: Martoss(5) [1]
    Infidel: MrT(8) [1]
    Martoss: Megafrost(7), Invictus(12) [0]
    Ketbra: Chamber(14) [0]
    Gizzy: Justice(20) [0]
    Wildcat: Dragon6860(1) [0]
    GG: Virgil(21) [0]
    Phyphor: Austin(10) [0]

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    If I were a vig, I would totally kill McKid tonight.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Fuck, took too long getting caught up to squeeze a vote update in.

Wow, lots of suspicion for the first timer, but it mostly blew over. I'm not sure whether that means hiding (by which I mean being unable to hop on and see what's going on) worked or didn't.

@Virgil_Leads_You; that's a reasonable claim, it'd make more sense to have royal decree than the archfiends, but while the transformed Eblan monarchs could speak their mind they where still under the evil Dr. Lugae's control and forced to fight their own son and his party. I'm not sure what that would mean in phalla though.

I am in contact with an NPC villager who has a reasonable claim to have the power to poison (the mysidian barkeep black mage), so I think GG's status doesn't mean anything given how prolific the ability is.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    an NPC villager?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Wow, lots of suspicion for the first timer, but it mostly blew over. I'm not sure whether that means hiding (by which I mean being unable to hop on and see what's going on) worked or didn't.

I am in contact with an NPC villager who has a reasonable claim to have the power to poison (the mysidian barkeep black mage), so I think GG's status doesn't mean anything given how prolific it is.

Are they willing to share who they poisoned tonight?

I mean, that person is going to want to publicly go "Yo I've been poisoned I could use a heal please", so this way we could verify both that person's claim and yours. Ideally before they say that.

At least that you're in contact with the person who has poison, that is. When I first saw GG's poison post I immediately thought it was a mafia ability. Like a 3rd kill that the village can mitigate.

I suppose it COULD be a vig that the mafia could neutralize if whoever got poisoned is willing to step into the spotlight for a bit, hadn't considered that.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    GG poisoning should have been healed. I could esuna every night once.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Gesundheit

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    an NPC villager?

A villager who's character is an NPC in-game. A literal villager, at that.
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

I am in contact with an NPC villager who has a reasonable claim to have the power to poison (the mysidian barkeep black mage), so I think GG's status doesn't mean anything given how prolific it is.

Are they willing to share who they poisoned tonight?

I mean, that person is going to want to publicly go "Yo I've been poisoned I could use a heal please", so this way we could verify both that person's claim and yours. Ideally before they say that.

At least that you're in contact with the person who has poison, that is. When I first saw GG's poison post I immediately thought it was a mafia ability. Like a 3rd kill that the village can mitigate.

I suppose it COULD be a vig that the mafia could neutralize if whoever got poisoned is willing to step into the spotlight for a bit, hadn't considered that.

That's a good suggestion. They already told me their target tonight and gave a reason for it, but I'm assuming I shouldn't just blurt it out in the middle of the thread, right? Give us a bit to figure out how to go about it.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Well I can't personally myself see any harm in making it public early, but maybe someone else can? I mean you've already outed yourself as a possible mouthpiece for this person, confirming it gives the village more to work with. Information is our best weapon.

• Options
    Well, I just don't want to screw this up by implicating a vigilante. I was originally just trying to point out that there are lots of good guy roles that could have poison as a power.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Day Two: Tsunami, Tsunami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVGCvmWM4Zc

Cecil and his party finally got their courage up and took their complaints to the King of Baron himself. They protested the imperialistic actions of Baron and questioned his motives in obtaining the crystals. Finally in a personal appeal, Cecil asked the King what had happened to the kindly man who took him in as an orphan and raised him as a son.

DeamonIzual threw back his head and laughed! “The King of Baron? Yes I remember that old fool. That is the name of the one who ruled here before me. Hahahahaha. Now feel the despair at facing one of the Four Elemental Lords, for I am The Drowned King, Cagnazzo!

The party fought a pitched battle but finally defeated the lord of the Tsunami. Cecil mourned his foster father and was pleased to have avenged him. He wondered what had happened to the former king.

SLyM was the foremost astronomer on the planet, though to be fair he was the only one possessing a telescope of any size so perhaps that’s not saying much. Kory patted his trusty telescope and went outside for a walk.

He was somewhat surprised to see an armoured giant astride a huge warhorse. Odin lowered his sword and sliced the boring old man in half with one stroke. Brody didn’t feel satisfied, and started to clean his blade when the Red Wings opened fire on him. He valiantly withstood barrage after barrage, cleaving the cannonballs in half, but eventually fell to the fleet of warships.

Tellah heard the news about poor professor Kory and had mixed feelings. While he was sad to hear of the man’s death he too had been forced to sit through a boring lecture on the moons from Kory. He raised his gaze to the moon as he thought of it and squinted. Was the moon changing color? McKid took off his glasses and wiped them on his beard. On replacing his glasses he saw that the moon had definitely taken on a different hue. Was it glowing now? Was it pulsating? Or was something coming from the moon? A magnificent torrent of energy atomized the poor old mage.

Bedlam shook off the stiffness of petrification.

“I’ve waited a long time for this old friend”

Cecil turned towards the voice but was impaled from above.

LostNinja shuddered and gasped but was whole again.

This is a well-crafted dolomite statue of Auralynx.
    The item is a well-designed image of Auralynx the ???
    The Auralynx is holding a microline bucket.

This is a well-crafted chert statue of JusticeforPluto.
    The item is a well-designed image of JusticeforPluto the ???
    The JusticeforPluto is holding a jade anchor.

This is a well-crafted orthoclase statue of Virgil_Leads_You.
    The item is a well-designed image of Virgil_Leads_You the ???
    The Virgil_Leads_You is holding an oak barrel.

Revived:

@LostNinja

The Dead:

DeamonIzual - The Drowned King, Cagnazzo - The Vote
    Brody - Odin - Bombed
    SLyM - Kory - Sliced in half
    McKid - Tellah - Obliterated
    Bedlam - Cecil - Imapled
    JusticeforPluto - Statue - ???
    Virgil_Leads_You - Statue - ???

PMs are going out. @JaysonFour @Infidel @SeGaTai @Wildcat receiving an inactivity warning for skipping the vote. Please notify me if you want to be swapped with a reserve.

@Wildcat to be replaced.

@lonelyahava
    @Assuran
    @Ardor
    @JPants

I need a replacement, please someone PM me for it ASAP

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Shit, sorry about not voting or being around, you play a couple games of hearthstone, have plenty of time to catch up then look at the time

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Shit, sorry about not voting or being around, you play a couple games of hearthstone, have plenty of time to catch up then look at the time
    airlock...
    @38thDoe I'm in

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    @38thDoe I'm in

Get 'er!
    (<3)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    All PMs should be out, if you feel jilted let me know ASAP because I need to sleep very soon.

lonelyahava is replacing Wildcat effective immediately.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hi guys!

I've missed you!

So to sum up what I've seen, there are monsters claiming to be village aligned, bt dying red. supposedly,
    The super newbie is suspicious as hell.
    And Gizzy is coming across to me as also mafia,

did I miss anything?

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Ok, first of all, jesus christ how many factions does this game have? Here's how I'm understanding things at the moment.

1. So normal monsters are village-aligned death millers, boss monsters are the mafia.
    2. But wait then. Mom Bomb was a boss. Did we get 2 mafia? Was Mom Bomb not major enough of a boss to count? I'm getting so confused with this.
    3. I can only assume that the espers or whatever they were called in 4 (it's been awhile, okay?) are village-aligned and got unlucky. It'd be pretty crazy if monsters were village-aligned and they weren't, but that's all I'm going off of for that idea.
    4. Bedlam was turned into a statue on night 1. Note how the statuing messages read "Well designed image of (name) the ???" Then Bedlam, one of the espers, gets ganked the next night. So I'm going to guess the mafia was responsible for stoning him, and they got to see what the ??? part was, saw he was an esper, and ganked him.
    5. That being said, it might be REALLY FUCKING IMPORTANT to un-stone these guys, so it might behoove knuckle's poison-happy friend to not fire it off all willy nilly at random if we have one healer (or one that said anything about it anyway) and 2 stonings each night. Seems pretty obvious that if you're stoned you can't interact in the thread (Auralynx did not vote and was not warned for inactivity), and that kind of puts us at a voting disadvantage, especially if I'm right about the mafia having 1 or both of the stone power usages.
    6. If there's no such thing as death millers this game and the mafia all publicly outed themselves with a plausible cover story, that's possibly the boldest gambit I've ever seen.
    7. I fully expect to be on their hitlist after this post, so it's been nice knowing you all.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    oOoOoOoOoOo

Hello darkness my old friend.

oOoOoOoOoOo

• Options
    Wait I'm drunk

I misread Brody as Bedlam for some reason

carry on

• Options
    Ok, first of all, jesus christ how many factions does this game have? Here's how I'm understanding things at the moment.

1. So normal monsters are village-aligned death millers, boss monsters are the mafia.
    2. But wait then. Mom Bomb was a boss. Did we get 2 mafia? Was Mom Bomb not major enough of a boss to count? I'm getting so confused with this.
    3. I can only assume that the espers or whatever they were called in 4 (it's been awhile, okay?) are village-aligned and got unlucky. It'd be pretty crazy if monsters were village-aligned and they weren't, but that's all I'm going off of for that idea.

Summons. I'm not sure what the Bomb is supposed to be. Either they're part of the Four Fiends clique or the monsters have their own evil faction or they're neutrals or something.

There are bound to be three other Fiends, and Golbez, for sure.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    The other teal kill is probably Bahamut, who lives on the moon this go around.

Also, my guesses are the millers running around are all bosses from the game.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    so there's 3 factions so far, based on colours. Which is a dumb thing to base things on.
    but 3 based on colours. Villager green, Maia red, Other blue.

Oh and SerialKiller black, but he's dead so not really mattering anymore. Sorry, Fab.

Or we have 4 factions and 3 colors with these death miller monsters. I hate millers. Part of me thinks we should just kill whoever claimed to be a monster and have done withg it. But I don't know the lore very well.

• Options
    The other teal kill is probably Bahamut, who lives on the moon this go around.

Also, my guesses are the millers running around are all bosses from the game.

Sheesh, that's a lot of bad guys... Antlion, Dark Elf, all those Golbez lackeys...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Any theories as to why there was only one Bombed death tonight instead of two? Possible that Mom Bomb is mafia and taking her out removed a mafia kill?

I hate to get all, you know, hitlery, but I'm starting to also think the 'kill all monsters' thing is gaining some credence.

But maybe that's exactly what they want us to think.

• Options
    MartossMartoss Registered User regular
    But avoiding voting out a monster helped us defeat DemonIzual. I for one welcome our monster friends! At least until they give us a reason to distrust them.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Hey folks who publicly vouched for Chamberlain: Are any of you bosses (as in, if I looked you up in the FF4 wiki, would you be listed as a boss or a normal enemy), or are you all generic monsters?

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Hey folks who publicly vouched for Chamberlain: Are any of you bosses (as in, if I looked you up in the FF4 wiki, would you be listed as a boss or a normal enemy), or are you all generic monsters?

My character is a boss monster.

• Options

My character is a boss monster.

Ok.

This makes me feel slightly less hitlery.