As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do you enjoy a good ol' Podcast with the boys?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This week's Spontaneanation is with Jason Mantzoukas, featuring Matt Gourley and Amanda Lund

Yeah I'll listen to that one all the way through

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    I cannot believe we're recording our 15th episode of totally reprise this week

that feels like it cannot possibly be right

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Not my cuppa joe!
    Mr. G wrote: »

I couldn't care less about James K. Polk, but Eliot Kalan, Jon Stewart, and John Hodgeman make it very tempting to listen to anyway.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

When we hit 40 I was like

No

No that is clearly my brain playing tricks on me

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I sure do!

I couldn't care less about James K. Polk, but Eliot Kalan, Jon Stewart, and John Hodgeman make it very tempting to listen to anyway.

The fact that it requires an Audible subscription makes it far, far less so.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I sure do!
    So, I just got a new phone (got a promotion where I don't need a work-supplied phone anymore) and was going to see about getting an app on my G3 but wasn't sure what one to get. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, need to catch up on Totally Reprise as I have been remiss in my listening and am realizing I need more podcasts to listen to.

And finally, I keep thinking of wanting to start a podcast. Just not sure what I would do it on. That and I need to make sure I'm going to have enough time to do it. :\

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Pocket Casts is my app of choice

I think it costs like two bucks, but it's far and away better than any of the free options I tried

• Options
    Not my cuppa joe!
    a5ehren wrote: »

The fact that it requires an Audible subscription makes it far, far less so.

Hmm, I just skimmed right over that part. I think all those podcast ads have had the opposite of their intended effect and caused me to just tune out mentions of Audible.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I sure do!
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Pocket Casts is my app of choice

I think it costs like two bucks, but it's far and away better than any of the free options I tried

I'm so glad I purchased Pocket Casts

I'm normally so against paying for apps I can get for free but god damn if it isn't a vastly superior experience than the fucking built-in Apple app

I didn't used to have that much of a problem with it but the last major update to the OS fucked it REAL good

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Man

I hope complaints about podcast ads do not lead to a bunch of subscription based or for-pay podcasts

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I sure do!
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Oh Jesus

7th Anniversary CBB with PFT, Zouks, Horatio Sanz, Neil Campbell, Mike Hanford, Tom Baltz and Drew Tarver

"You're wearing a t-shirt with a picture of your own fuckin face on it"

• Options
    Not my cuppa joe!
    Man

I hope complaints about podcast ads do not lead to a bunch of subscription based or for-pay podcasts

I have a feeling that wouldn't be a sustainable model for most 'casters. Way less people are going to be willing to pay for podcasts than do for streaming video. I just don't see it being a sustainable model.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Speaking of ghosts
    Digital Moncast Episode 11 - 100 Points Perfect Score Big Happiness

Spooky ghosts abound in episode 11 - "The Dancing Digimon" or "The Dancing Ghosts! Bakemon"

uHZTOFO.gif

This time we have: Sexy pyramids, creepy facemasks, creepy bird laughs, we accidentally create an entire timeline in which all the digidestined fall into horrible depression after the death of Ikkakumon, I manage to canonically and factually answer a listener question (it's true), we also confirm that the digital world is also the morphing grid, there's terrible ghost rhyming, WHERE DID THAT CRATE COME FROM, and we all express our love for Gomamon. He's the best.

I'm impressed that we actually answered fan questions well (enough) and also got straight into sexualising inanimate objects within the same episode.

Good work, team.

• Options
    Not my cuppa joe!
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Speaking of ghosts
    Digital Moncast Episode 11 - 100 Points Perfect Score Big Happiness

Spooky ghosts abound in episode 11 - "The Dancing Digimon" or "The Dancing Ghosts! Bakemon"

uHZTOFO.gif

This time we have: Sexy pyramids, creepy facemasks, creepy bird laughs, we accidentally create an entire timeline in which all the digidestined fall into horrible depression after the death of Ikkakumon, I manage to canonically and factually answer a listener question (it's true), we also confirm that the digital world is also the morphing grid, there's terrible ghost rhyming, WHERE DID THAT CRATE COME FROM, and we all express our love for Gomamon. He's the best.

I'm impressed that we actually answered fan questions well (enough) and also got straight into sexualising inanimate objects within the same episode.

Good work, team.

Now we just need to start recording from the start of the call, so we can start releasing bonus "Joel Learns About Australia" episodes.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Oh my God.

How Did This Get Made is something I already like a great deal, because I love terrible, terrible movies and there's a lot of inside baseball with that podcast, and Zooks is on there and he's never not funny

But this latest episode was everything I could have asked for -

Solarbabies, a movie so terrible that I own it on DVD

and

John Mulaney

Listened to it once already, plan on getting my roommate to watch Solarbabies and then listening to it again with her

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    i'm just starting the latest twa this morning and joel it's so cute how you tried to get everyone on track to talk about power rangers

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Not my cuppa joe!
    i'm just starting the latest twa this morning and joel it's so cute how you tried to get everyone on track to talk about power rangers

Oh, so this is how that feels.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    oh man I didn't realize that PFT and The Zouks together means double the calling Scott Aukerman out on bad bits

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

Too big to link but OMG these sailor moon/DND gifs

Of course Makoto is a heavily armored paladin

• Options
    ALSO THERES A GB SNOOKER QUICKLOOK

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I sure do!
    Today is Monday! That means we have a new episode of That DnD Podcast

Dungeon World 14: Spreading Skeleton Democracy

We're reunited? But then... why doesn't it feel so good? The song said it would feel SO good!

What's that? Oh, a fireball? That'll do it. And internal conflict? Yeah, that all checks out. Bad news ahead!

What do you think should happen with the prisoner? Tweet to @ThatDnDPodcast with #FreeHim or #FryHim and let us know what you think!

Direct Link

Pledge/donate on Patreon: www.patreon.com/thatdndpodcast
    Send feedback to: ThatDnDPodcast@Gmail.com
    Visit our website: http://www.thatdndpodcast.com
    Check out our Obsidian Portal page!: https://thatdndpodcast-dw.obsidianportal.com/
    Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/?rw_useCurrentProtocol=1&tag=thdnpo07-20

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I sure do!

snoo....ker?

• Options
    Not my cuppa joe!

Is it called Giant Bomb Quick Snook?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    argh "Snucker" is just like nails on a chalkboard to me

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    I sure do!
    Does anyone use soundcloud for their hosting stuff?
    It looks like it shat the bed, at least from my end as a listener. I was bummed out because I couldn't download... a lot of shows, actually. So much for catching up on things in the car!

Anyway, if you don't use soundcloud for podfeedhost, what do you use?
    I'm curious to see where folks stash their wordsounds.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Not my cuppa joe!
    GB Quicklook spoiler

The Big Dog and Jimmy 'Superfly' Snooker is my favorite tag team

• Options
    book
    look
    took
    nook

snoooook

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I sure do!

No

I'm five weeks away from Bakacast being at 300.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    Gonmun wrote: »
    So, I just got a new phone (got a promotion where I don't need a work-supplied phone anymore) and was going to see about getting an app on my G3 but wasn't sure what one to get. Anyone have any suggestions?
    I used PocketCasts on Android and liked it but if you really don't want to spend money, AntennaPod does most of what you want out of a podcast app and it's free.

Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Not my cuppa joe!
    book
    look
    took
    nook

snoooook

peter stormare

sig.gif
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    if it's in a word, or it's in a look, you can't get rid of the babasnook

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Not my cuppa joe!
    Fool of a snook

sig.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

No

I'm five weeks away from Bakacast being at 300.

@Stilts early congrats!

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    It looks like it shat the bed, at least from my end as a listener. I was bummed out because I couldn't download... a lot of shows, actually. So much for catching up on things in the car!

I use Libsyn. It's a pretty nice service, but it does charge a monthly fee.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    The Zouks thought he could sneak in a deep-cut Harry Potter reference on this CBB

I heard it, Mantzoukas

I heard everything

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

I use Libsyn. It's a pretty nice service, but it does charge a monthly fee.

If you have the money you should use libsyn

I use shoutengine which isn't terrible, the only real problem I've had with it is multi-failed uploads

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I sure do!
    oh man I didn't realize that PFT and The Zouks together means double the calling Scott Aukerman out on bad bits

And John Lennon.

And then they all fuck up John Hinckley versus Mark David Chapman.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    the best part of this snooker quick look is danny talking shit about english festival traditions

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I know he can be there pretty much whenever he wants, but I want Danny on staff full time. I think he's my favorite QL guy.

This discussion has been closed.