As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]xit

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    my god

A friend of mine who lives in the UK posted something on facebook about voting today, and was like "Come on ladies! Let's get out and vote! Women died for our right to do this!"

and the first comment on that post is from some dude and it says "Just so you know, (name), men died to vote in this country as well and I think you're being incredibly disrespectful with this post."

wait, did women die during women's suffrage in the UK?
    Technically, the suffragettes did eventually die, so

I did say during though

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I hate that I am having so much anxiety over this dumb drug test

It is ok. It is an awkward situation whose overtones feel really fascist and awful, but if you think about what actually happens (cup peeing, the end), it is not a problem! You will be ok.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    is there a way, in excel, to pull a text string from a cell, but stopping at a certain character instead of a certain length

i want to pull out a date and the date only, which always starts a certain amount of characters in, but if it's 6/23/2016 vs 12/23/2016 the 6 in the december one would get cut off by a length of 9, etc., and i want it to stop at a comma that always follows the date

like, this is a cell with a string in it, and you're trying to pull out a date out of the middle of that string?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Why would you color the row labels?!?!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Purple red and orange yep that's someone who's legit color blind and does not know it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    Before chelle took over the aesthetics of the financial database her department uses it looked something like this:
    ds-bettersheets-4.jpg

because the DBA was the coding and decorating it.

what the fuck, did they hire Lozarro ?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    my god

A friend of mine who lives in the UK posted something on facebook about voting today, and was like "Come on ladies! Let's get out and vote! Women died for our right to do this!"

and the first comment on that post is from some dude and it says "Just so you know, (name), men died to vote in this country as well and I think you're being incredibly disrespectful with this post."

I did say during though

dunno, it'd be interesting to find out...I know in the US women were beaten and raped for trying to vote

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    is there a way, in excel, to pull a text string from a cell, but stopping at a certain character instead of a certain length

i want to pull out a date and the date only, which always starts a certain amount of characters in, but if it's 6/23/2016 vs 12/23/2016 the 6 in the december one would get cut off by a length of 9, etc., and i want it to stop at a comma that always follows the date

yeah use the FIND function in combination with LEFT and LENGTH

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    my god

lol i can't even be mad

It's just totally expected

There should be a pithily-named internet law for this

The Sarkeesian Theorem of Chauvinist Dickery

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    my god

#NotAllLads

oy oy oy mate u 'avin a laff

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    How do you guys feel about platitudes?

Let's say your family member is sick. You're telling me about it and you conclude with "I hope everything works out."

Would you rather hear "I hope so too" or "I'm sure it will."

Of course, I'm not sure about any such thing. But what would you rather hear?

I hope so too, of course. I'm sure it will is kinda annoying. Either it really means "I hope so too", in which case that's what you should say, or you genuinely think the world tends towards nice outcomes, which would try my patience instead of reassure me.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I've definitely seen that male skirt look pulled off. it looks cool to me when done right, not to mention comfortable.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    xubmwy98fqkv.jpg

The only man who legit pulls that look off.

Is this real? It looks like his head was photoshopped on

are you kidding me eddy

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    ok i'm here now everybody can stop talking abut hakkes and pay attention to me now

I saw someone in business pants with sandals on Podly. It killed me inside. Like why? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!

there's a new trend with shorts suits

as in suits

but shorts instead of pants

it's the worst goddamn thing

haha!

that's a good joke that you just made, and not a real thing at all!

hahaha!
    20140618-230611-83171633.jpg

That is a classic look for that 12 year old

This reminds me of every traumatic childhood Easter I had to be photographed through

Really, though, I had a traumatic flashback last christmas. My cousin and her husband had their two-year-old kiddo in a little lederhosen-y doll outfit and it was super adorable. But he also triggered all my suppressed family dress up memories. Everyone on my mom's side got those exact same cutesy outfits inflicted on them as children. At one point pulled my cousin's husband aside and say "listen, this is so cute now, but just so you know it's only going to last a couple more years. Because he is going to learn. He is going to learn and he is going to fight. Because he is a HUMAN BEING and not a DOLL. YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO A HUMAN BEING." And then I blacked out and it wasn't christmas anymore.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    ok wait.

503308776_model_1.jpeg
    For a less traditional look, Barneys New York carries a $859 Comme des Garcons short suit trimmed with chiffon panels. We think it looks pretty bizarre.

I mean, the cut is terrible

but I would like to explore more of this semi-kilt suit look with feminine elements for men pls

Not with that shirt and jacket, but a skirt like that with less dorky shoes would look really good on a guy.

Neco on
  • Options
    edward we need to have a talk RIGHT NOW MISTER.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I hate that I am having so much anxiety over this dumb drug test

Just pick C

It's always C

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    my god

One of the suffragettes ran out on to a horse racing track in protest and got trampled to death by the kings horse iirc

• Options
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    my god

I did say during though

dunno, it'd be interesting to find out...I know in the US women were beaten and raped for trying to vote

Yeah. I know a few went on hunger strike.

I can't seem to find anyone that died from it, like, as a direct cause.

Looking just at Britain is finding me less results than general woman's suffrage too.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Hrm. My brother posted something opposing California's SB 1146 bill on Facebook. This is what he says the bill will do:
    1) Erase Christian colleges from California
    2) Curtail religious freedom in America
    3) Break the Constitution

Here's what it actually does:
    1) Removes the religious exemption (which needs to be specifically applied for) for Title IX anti-discrimination laws for schools that do not train ministers or theologians.* The most vocal opponents of the bill are the ones that have applied for this exemption in the last 3 years and are still pending, so they never had this exemption to begin with.
    2) Forces schools to openly state that yes, they have the religious exemption to Title IX when recruiting students.

* Yes, you read that right. Colleges that can't be assed to actually TEACH ministers or religious scholars want to claim themselves as a "Christian" university, for the sole purpose of continuing to discriminate as much as they want.

I pointed out that this is a good bill that removes a special snowflake exception from schools that probably don't deserve it, and that it's being used as the next proxy in the ongoing culture war. I tried to state this in as neutral terms as possible. I really hope this doesn't blow up in my face (It probably will).

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Before chelle took over the aesthetics of the financial database her department uses it looked something like this:
    ds-bettersheets-4.jpg

what the fuck, did they hire Lozarro ?

he's a super smart guy who is also super socially awkward (I'd daresay somewhere on the spectrum)

but also somehow a complete idiot because he reads drudge report and thinks Trump is amazing

• Options
    ds-bettersheets-4.jpg

OMG OUR FINANCES ARE COMPLETELY IN THE RED

how many times was that joke used

• Options
    ok wait.

503308776_model_1.jpeg
    For a less traditional look, Barneys New York carries a $859 Comme des Garcons short suit trimmed with chiffon panels. We think it looks pretty bizarre.

I mean, the cut is terrible

but I would like to explore more of this semi-kilt suit look with feminine elements for men pls

Not with that shirt and jacket, but a skirt like that with less dorky shoes would look really good on a guy.

OH man I was so looking at the frilly skirt thing I totally missed the 80's madonna lace gloves, what the fuck?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    my god

I did say during though

Yes

The answer is yes

Most famously Emily Davidson was trampled to death by the King's horse during a race

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I've been diagnosed with hyperlexia, which is an autism spectrum thing

not the worst thing, but it keeps me kinda lonely sometimes

I was self diagnosed with being smarter than everyone else, its a hard burden to bear.

My dad diagnosed himself, and me, and my brothers with being Too Smart for This World.

Like, I tell him about some manageable social problem I have in middle school and he's like WELL SON WHEN YOU ARE AS SMART AS WE ARE IT CAN BE HARD TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH NORMALS.

My family does this all the time. And it's like "this, this right here, this is not helping my psychological health and prosocial adjustment!"

As a kid those comments would make me wonder: Why do you think it is smart to fail at understanding how to get along with other people?

Ego. It's not that you are bad at social stuff, you're too intelligent for the lessers.

My dad always told us

"You two are too smart not to try hard"

and

"Everyone else is an expert at something that you aren't."

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    my god

I did say during though

the first thing I'm seeing come up with some cursory googling is deaths during hunger strikes

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Looks like "remain" wins for the Brexit.

• Options

like, this is a cell with a string in it, and you're trying to pull out a date out of the middle of that string?

@y2jake215 if the date is always in the same spot (there are the same number of spaces or words or whatever in the string before the date) you can just use text to columns on the data tab and then delete all the shit you dont need

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    ok i'm here now everybody can stop talking abut hakkes and pay attention to me now

I saw someone in business pants with sandals on Podly. It killed me inside. Like why? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!

there's a new trend with shorts suits

as in suits

but shorts instead of pants

it's the worst goddamn thing

haha!

that's a good joke that you just made, and not a real thing at all!

hahaha!
    20140618-230611-83171633.jpg

That is a classic look for that 12 year old

This reminds me of every traumatic childhood Easter I had to be photographed through

Really, though, I had a traumatic flashback last christmas. My cousin and her husband had their two-year-old kiddo in a little lederhosen-y doll outfit and it was super adorable. But he also triggered all my suppressed family dress up memories. Everyone on my mom's side got those exact same cutesy outfits inflicted on them as children. At one point pulled my cousin's husband aside and say "listen, this is so cute now, but just so you know it's only going to last a couple more years. Because he is going to learn. He is going to learn and he is going to fight. Because he is a HUMAN BEING and not a DOLL. YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO A HUMAN BEING." And then I blacked out and it wasn't christmas anymore.

What did you do with the bodies?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

I was self diagnosed with being smarter than everyone else, its a hard burden to bear.

My dad diagnosed himself, and me, and my brothers with being Too Smart for This World.

Like, I tell him about some manageable social problem I have in middle school and he's like WELL SON WHEN YOU ARE AS SMART AS WE ARE IT CAN BE HARD TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH NORMALS.

My family does this all the time. And it's like "this, this right here, this is not helping my psychological health and prosocial adjustment!"

As a kid those comments would make me wonder: Why do you think it is smart to fail at understanding how to get along with other people?

Ego. It's not that you are bad at social stuff, you're too intelligent for the lessers.

My dad always told us

and

My dad always told me

"Boy you need to wipe better you're turning the whites brown."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

My dad always told us

and

That is very healthy! Good job your dad.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I wish I had an ego that let me think I was awesome and pretty and smart and witty and not me

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

Didn't the polls literally just close?
    Are you in the future?

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

rescinding my awesome as no votes seem to have been reported yet back up your shit!

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edward we need to have a talk RIGHT NOW MISTER.

About what

That weird dude with the old man head and baby body

• Options

@y2jake215 if the date is always in the same spot (there are the same number of spaces or words or whatever in the string before the date) you can just use text to columns on the data tab and then delete all the shit you dont need

use FIND, don't be a scrub

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I thought it was a bit early

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Yes they appear to have just started tallying the ballots
    Solomon Maxwell 420 is a witch
    Burn him

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I'm sorry, but seeing that spreadsheet keeps making me laugh for a silly reason.

My mom is in charge of the finances in her workplace, managing a budget in the tens of millions

I walked in on her the other day counting on her fingers.

All I said was "Do ... Do your employers know about this?"

She's like a numbers / money savant though, so whatever works I suppose!

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

My dad always told us

and

My dad always told me

"Boy you need to wipe better you're turning the whites brown."

My dad also said

"A good shit is the start of a good day."

Really, about 65% of all his advice was pooping-related.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
This discussion has been closed.