As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

American Democracy: Presidential Edition - Vote Your Conscience!

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Oh geez, a bunch of children in national costumes from all over the world got up on stage... and lead the crowd in the pledge of allegiance.

A bunch of kids representing a bunch of other nations pledged allegiance to the American flag.

Nobody saw the slightest problem with this.

By all over the world, do you mean England, Sweden, Italy, Russia, Ireland, Greece, etc?

Or are you saying that someone has finally found a group of people somewhere in the RNC that isn't 99% white?

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Sessions with our first stabbed in the back speech of the night.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    My God, if Trump wins, how is Jon Stewart going to feel?

And I don't have the stomach to see even clips of the RNC. Kudos to you brave souls, who are doing the Lord's work indeed watching this dumpsterfire.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Sessions with our first stabbed in the back speech of the night.

Gotta continue that theme from last night.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    By the way for the terrified people in previous thread. Ignore Nate for now, where's the demographic shift? The polls have picked up two:

1) College educated whites, 10 points or so towards Clinton.
    2) Hispanics, 10 points towards Clinton (if Spanish language polls are conducted).

So the idea Trump could win is based on dramatically higher turnout among non-college educated whites or lower turnout among minorities. Based on the primary, neither is happening.

its still worth having a constant reminder to not get complacent. sitting back and thinking its in the bag is exactly how it ends up being lost. good polling now does not automatically translate to votes in November, there's still a tonne of work to be done.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    By the way for the terrified people in previous thread. Ignore Nate for now, where's the demographic shift? The polls have picked up two:

1) College educated whites, 10 points or so towards Clinton.
    2) Hispanics, 10 points towards Clinton (if Spanish language polls are conducted).

So the idea Trump could win is based on dramatically higher turnout among non-college educated whites or lower turnout among minorities. Based on the primary, neither is happening.

And they're not winning converts:
    In a quick poll of Latino registered voters following the opening day of the Republican National Convention, almost 80 percent of those interviewed said they had an unfavorable view of Donald Trump. The poll, conducted by Latino Decisions for the Latino Victory Project, is the first of several polls that will be conducted throughout the convention this week.

Monday's speeches consisted almost entirely on immigration and security, and several speakers shared personal tragedies which they attributed to the threat of terrorism and lax immigration and security. More than seven in ten Latinos who viewed the convention said they would describe a Trump rally as either "dangerous" or "violent."

• Options
    Also, the optics of having our most racist Senator put Trump's name in nomination. I know their options suck, but at least pretend you're trying.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Basically, reality has taken the gloves off in its long running competition with The Onion.

Giving up on any further attempts to parody a reality that is increasingly resistent to further attempts, the Onion staff changes direction and begins simply reporting facts with a sullen and snarky bent.

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    CNN has decided to just start trolling.
    P3ESFoG.jpg
    I haven't decided yet if this election is a comedy or a tragedy.

Tragicomedy.

the next iteration of this thread needs to include this screenshot in the OP

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Oh geez, a bunch of children in national costumes from all over the world got up on stage... and lead the crowd in the pledge of allegiance.

A bunch of kids representing a bunch of other nations pledged allegiance to the American flag.

By all over the world, do you mean England, Sweden, Italy, Russia, Ireland, Greece, etc?

Or are you saying that someone has finally found a group of people somewhere in the RNC that isn't 99% white?

basically the Von Trapp Family

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    "or we will travel down the path to a third Obama term."

I really cannot imagine Hillary hating that line of attack from the Republicans.

• Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    Just tuned in and it immediately goes to

"PRESIDENT TRUMP IS GOING TO BUILD A WALL"

Strap yourselves in, everybody. We're in for quite a ride.

!
  • Options
    'President Trump is going to defeat Terrorism'

Arch,
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Donald Trump will make all of our penises big and huge!

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Last night they were chanting "lock her up" wrt Hillary Clinton.

But a total lightweight giving a cribbed speech is the thing that wrecks their newscycle.

Motherfucker.

On the other hand, the media isn't saying, "Maybe they have a point."

• Options
    "or we will travel down the path to a third Obama term."

I really cannot imagine Hillary hating that line of attack from the Republicans.

56% approval in the last ABC poll.

• Options
    That is the accent of a Confederate general.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Ok

that joke about his wife's wildest dreams was actually pretty good from the SC guy

• Options
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Last night they were chanting "lock her up" wrt Hillary Clinton.

But a total lightweight giving a cribbed speech is the thing that wrecks their newscycle.

Motherfucker.

On the other hand, the media isn't saying, "Maybe they have a point."

No, we're literally debating the merits of My Little Pony as a plagiarism defense.

I wish that was a joke.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    Ok

that joke about his wife's wildest dreams was actually pretty good from the SC guy

Yeah, that was cute.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Also, the optics of having our most racist Senator put Trump's name in nomination. I know their options suck, but at least pretend you're trying.

Basically Steve King is a cowardly racist, who won't admit blatantly he prefers the preservation of the "right culture" (dog whistle) in his native state.

But I'm from Indiana. You're from Michigan. As I said in the prior thread, the Midwest, where Society Shoots itself in the foot.

This has been the Midwest's MO since Saint Ronnie.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Oh jeez, of course it's another one of our SC miscreants.

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Here's the video.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    "After 8 years of Arrogance, Incompetence and Disrespect for the rule of law, we will get... Trump."

"Also, I've had enough, You've had enough, We've all had enough!" reminded me of Oprah, for some reason

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Trump wins when people stay home. That's the whole plan, make the race extremely dirty, blame Hillary for everything, push both sides are bad.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Was this guy comparing Obama and Hillary Clinton directly to the attack on Pearl Harbor?

• Options
    IS he really walking away from it, though?

• Options
    ...did he just quote a protest folk song for Trump?

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Was this guy comparing Obama and Hillary Clinton directly to the attack on Pearl Harbor?
    I think he was saying Pearl Harbor made us great, but it has since worn off. So I guess he's saying Make America Great Again?
    So I think that makes Trump's presidency the new Pearl Harbor.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    ...did he just quote a protest folk song for Trump?

...I don't think that works.

• Options
    Naturally Trump couldn't stand to have anyone else put in nomination. Clinton was and had nominating/seconding speeches, as I recall. I would hope Bernie does as well.

• Options
    Gotta ref Buffalo Springfield, yo.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    "After 8 years of Arrogance, Incompetence and Disrespect for the rule of law, we will get... Trump."

"Also, I've had enough, You've had enough, We've all had enough!" reminded me of Oprah, for some reason

is he also "mad as hell and not going to take it anymore"?

• Options
    I do not recall the rules needing to be explained in this much detail when I have watched this previously...

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    jmcdonald wrote: »
    CNN has decided to just start trolling.
    P3ESFoG.jpg
    I haven't decided yet if this election is a comedy or a tragedy.

Tragicomedy.

the next iteration of this thread needs to include this screenshot in the OP

What's sad is that I really, REALLY don't recognize that artwork of Twilight Sparkle. It isn't a still from the show that I know of, and it isn't one of the proofs that Hasbro used on licensing stuff prior to season 3 concluding. Now granted, I haven't watched all of Season 5+ yet.. but.. it makes me wonder.

I'm sure the brony community is sourcing it as we speak.. but I suspect a quick GIS of "Twilight Sparkle" would turn it up.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    What's this neon green tie? DID YOU NOT GET THE MEMO?

• Options
    No one cares about Alabama, you jerk.

• Options
    wait so each time they talk about their state, do they just wag their dick about ?

Arch,
  • Options
    wait so each time they talk about their state, do they just wag their dick about ?

I fucking hope not. We only have 3 more days.

• Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    We're not in the 1800's

They already have a giant screen.

it's 2016, why is anything using voice votes.

at least they have microphones this time around

!
This discussion has been closed.